View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 7273747576 ...
tools
    Ok, I have a question. I am switching back to my curve from the storm. When I switched to the storm (the last time) when i spoke to the vzw rep, they just had me dial two things i believe, the first number i think was to activate the storm and deactivate the curve. Then they had me dial I THINK it was #832 for a test call, yada yada. I just want to do the same thing now so I can use my curve again because I am just gonna sell my Storm now, but I can't remember the process of dialing what I need to without calling them again.

Thanks for any help.
    04-10-09 01:40 AM
    Nevermind. I wound up finding the *228 thing, and hit 3 to change the esn but wound up being transferred to a rep anyway who helped me out.

Thanks anyway.

The Niagara could not come out sooner.
    04-10-09 03:12 AM
    Can I ask about what industries get discounts on their bills?
    04-10-09 09:20 PM
    Can I ask about what industries get discounts on their bills?
    I don't know about particular ones, but I believe if you work for a company that has 5 or more lines of VZW service, you may qualify for a discount.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-09 09:30 PM
    IF you have a work email, you can go to find out if I get a discount This will usually send you an email to register if you qualify. You can also take a pay stub and id to store, or call cs and they can tell if a company gets a discount.
    04-10-09 09:44 PM
    IF you have a work email, you can go to find out if I get a discount This will usually send you an email to register if you qualify. You can also take a pay stub and id to store, or call cs and they can tell if a company gets a discount.
    Ah okay, it is for my dad to apply to our contract, I will have to ask him!
    04-10-09 09:48 PM
    Remember the discount only applies to primary line on the account, not all lines
    04-10-09 10:04 PM
    Dear Kind, Knowledgeable, Verizon Rep:

I am a ver loyal VZW customer.

I now use a BB Storm...and am bery happy with it (thanks to these guys at CB and their Beta's!!!)

But, I still have my privious BB 8130 Pearl from VZW. The company I work for uses Alltel services adn I have a razor for a work phone. I was wondering about unlock codes and wither or not I would be able to transfer or tun my peral into an Alltel phone and get rid of this stinking Razor.

Is this possible, and how would I go about the process?

Thanks
    04-10-09 10:24 PM
    you may be able to, you would have to pay someone for an unlock code, and then use the unlock code to enable the phone to be moved to another service. We of course don't support it and neither will AllTel, so if something goes wrong it's pretty much on you to fix (but if you post HERE, we may help since we're "off the clock" ) and once the phone is unlocked you should be able to change the ESN through alltel to the pearl's ESN.
    04-10-09 10:31 PM
    I asked my local rep and he said that around July, the take over would be complete (in a manor of speaking), and that it would probably be alot less head ache if I were to wait...would ya agree?

Also, ya got any ideas of company's to recomend for the purchase of an unlock code and about how much should I expect to pay?
    04-10-09 10:39 PM
    We don't have an actual date for the finalized takeover setup. We've heard late july to late september. Honestly, it's really up to you, but I hear that getting an unlock code isn't cheap.
    04-10-09 10:41 PM
    I don't think that it is realy going to be worth the trouble or $$...but Thanks a Bunch !!!

What do you think about a VZW BB support line option run through BB Messanger? Could it be a possibility?

When ever you call in for a support question about a BB usually you need to call from another phone, but for many of problem/solutions the call from another phone could be avoided...

I don't know just a thought. While VZW's support is far and beyhond any other provider's one should always look for ways to improve
    04-10-09 11:00 PM
    possibility. How much you willing to pay me? We require people to call from another phone because it's stupid to call from the phone you want worked on *laughs*
    04-10-09 11:10 PM
    I know that we need to call from a seperate phone so that the person at the other end can work on the BB with the problem. But one could read a message, try it, and reply back as to the result.

email support would work similarly, but BB messanger would allow for a rep to keep an open line of communication until the problem is resolved or understood. Plus it's a little fast navigation to BB messanger than email accounts, at least for me it is...

Just throwing it around
    04-10-09 11:19 PM
    I know that we need to call from a seperate phone so that the person at the other end can work on the BB with the problem. But one could read a message, try it, and reply back as to the result.

email support would work similarly, but BB messanger would allow for a rep to keep an open line of communication until the problem is resolved or understood. Plus it's a little fast navigation to BB messanger than email accounts, at least for me it is...

Just throwing it around
    You're assuming those VZW reps can read & write!

BBM wouldn't work. What would the rep do while waiting for you to respond? They'd need to take care of another customer!

Can you see this cluster of tech support people sitting around with a dozen BlackBerry phones in front of them?

Then, hold on a sec.... Mr. Customer, you'll need to remove your battery. Don't put it back in until I tell you. Hello? Hello? Are you there?
    04-11-09 12:46 AM
    A simple application on the tech's computer could allow him to respond to many question from several customers at a time, not haveing those tech tied to just on customer at a time. BB's typically take a good while to reboot, so there is a lot of dead time on the phone while he/she is waiting on your phone to reboot.

VZW's web site support service a allows the techs to interact and help customers with their problems throw IM services, why can't it work for simple issues with the phones. With the most common problems concerning where to find and change functions and features.

Another benefit would be that there would be a text record of the conversation allowing tech's to quickly pick up on past issues and allow them to know what has and has not already been tried in solving the problem.

+ it will insure that the same rep (who is familiar with your issue to continue working to solve the problem, and if another rep that specializes in particular problems has to join in it will be easier for the rep and customer to continue to move forward. And, not have to explain the situation over and over again each time the customer is handed off to another rep.
    04-11-09 01:02 AM
    ive been told this by many people so im asking it here to be sure.

will verizon charge me a early term fee if i cancel my contract early because i dont have service where i live?
    04-11-09 02:34 AM
    ive been told this by many people so im asking it here to be sure.

will verizon charge me a early term fee if i cancel my contract early because i dont have service where i live?
    IF you live in area that does not ANY servce at all and this must be obvious by maps or if an area show coverage then a network ticket must be done. This ticket will tell us that your area has no coverage. At this time yes VZW let you out of the contract with no ETF. If we have coverage and this happens in your home only, then no. NO carrier will garr. that you will have cover in a building.
    04-11-09 07:38 AM
    well i only have coverage in my garage and very little outside, not enough to make a call but i can receive them but cant talk back to people
    04-11-09 10:53 AM
    You may want to look into the netwrok extender. like having a cell tower in your home. Go to about the NE to get addional info and requirements for this device. Do a search for network extender
    04-11-09 11:34 AM
    well i only have coverage in my garage and very little outside, not enough to make a call but i can receive them but cant talk back to people
    A lot of things can affect cell service in an area where coverage is otherwise sufficient. Most of these things are out of the realm of carrier control.

• Microwave towers
    • Power lines (both overhead & buried)
    • Building construction
    • Radar installations
    • Soil composition
    • Electrical fields (both natural & manmade)
    • Magnetic fields (both natural & manmade)
    • Solar activity
    • Other random interference

Some of these things are correctable, while some are not. Some are transient, while others are not - none are correctable by a carrier. Some may affect one carrier more than another, but all carriers are affected.

Think about your car radio. Pass beneath an underpass and your signal degrades. Drive near power lines & you hear static. Some people, like me, can grab a car radio antenna & knock out the signal. This shows you that 50,000watt AM & 100,000watt FM stations are affected. Your BlackBerry transmits with less than a watt of radio power.

Coverage is set by areas much larger than a home. I can't get a signal in parts of mine without an extender, even though I have several towers - disguised as palm trees & saguaro cacti - all within range. I sit in my backyard & run below -60db with greater than 1Mbps speed on a tethered laptop. But 100 feet away, nothing. Carriers do not guarantee you won't see this. They can't guarantee it, as it is not within reasonable radio performance.

And when you get right down to it, our phones are simply walkie-talkie radios.
    04-11-09 02:05 PM
    Not only that, but if you previously lived in a good service area and elected to move to a non-service or poor service area, that also affects our ability to cancel without an early termination fee. Honestly, call us and have us run through tech support and get a trouble ticket out there. It might be correctable, or you might want to try the network extender, as listed above.
    04-11-09 02:34 PM
    Hey guys,

Quick question. I assume this may have been asked already, and I apologize if it has but the thread is so long. Job well done on the thread btw, we appreciate your contributions.

My question: Does anyone know if it is allowed by verizon to just not have data on your BB Storm? I'm curious because I know someone who has one but can't afford data.

Also, does BBMessenger use the data plan to communicate, or are pin messages run through another method?

Thanks!
    04-11-09 05:36 PM
    If he has a Storm he has a data pack. The system will not allow an activation of a PDA device (including a BB) without a minimum 29.99/month data pack.
    04-11-09 05:41 PM
    If he has a Storm he has a data pack. The system will not allow an activation of a PDA device (including a BB) without a minimum 29.99/month data pack.
    Thanks again! And thanks for the quick reply!

But what about BBM, and pin messages??
    04-11-09 06:11 PM
5,111 ... 7273747576 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD