View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 7172737475 ...
tools
    Official update for Storm 9530?
    Customer service ranks very low. I have had conversations with VZW techs, sales reps, etc. that honestly left me baffled. I have had Sprint and T-Mobile in the past. Sprint is just as bad, if not worse, T-Mobile is by far the best that i have experienced. For tech support i dont even call VZW, i check Crackberry.
    I would like to conclude by saying VZW is damn lucky they have the Storm. I think of it like marrying your dream girl only to find out her family is a bunch of inbred *******.
    04-06-09 07:04 PM
    Customer service ranks very low. I have had conversations with VZW techs, sales reps, etc. that honestly left me baffled. I have had Sprint and T-Mobile in the past. Sprint is just as bad, if not worse, T-Mobile is by far the best that i have experienced. For tech support i dont even call VZW, i check Crackberry.
    I would like to conclude by saying VZW is damn lucky they have the Storm. I think of it like marrying your dream girl only to find out her family is a bunch of inbred *******.
    It will come out when it come out.

You gonna make it for dinner brother Sis be waiting on u
    04-06-09 07:39 PM
    It will come out when it come out.

You gonna make it for dinner brother Sis be waiting on u
    With as difficult as that hijacking post was to read, I wonder where the inbreeding actually was taking place.

Think it was a cry for help?
    04-06-09 08:03 PM
    This is a nice thread.

My wife has an LG 8300 and I wanted to try the IM program on the phone, connecting to her via yahoo and my vzw blackberry. I added on a text plan to her phone, but the rep said I needed to have a text plan on my BB to use IM. I told him I was confused because I pay an additional 30 dollars per month to use internet on the blackberry. I told him it is a yahoo app and should use data. He told me no. I finally told him that I wanted to try it first with text blocked on the BB. If it required SMS, then it should not work. He agreed to call me back in 30 minutes.

Not to bash the CSA, he was a nice guy and was helpful, just not up to speed on this one thing. My BB YM app worked just fine without SMS enabled.

I am hoping this messenger communication between us works out. If it does, I think I will get her a Niagara for her birthday.
    04-06-09 09:44 PM
    I'm new to blackberry's format, finaly got the storm to replace a treo. My question may be "dumb" sorry. How do you input contact, calendar info from your computer? With palm you would use desktop? Couldn't figure it out.
    Install the cd that contains the BB desktop software or user tools.
    It's not quite as simple as that. Where as you had Palm Desktop as an Info Manager software for your palm, BBs don't come with their own info manager software. In order to sync your BB with your computer, you need to have some sort of info manager software on your computer, such as Outlook, Novell Groupwise, Lotus Notes, etc.

There is also the option to sync with your online calendar through the Desktop Manager with a yahoo account, but that has had mixed results. There is also the google sync option, which works pretty well with the calendar, but has mixed results with contacts.
    04-06-09 09:58 PM
    It's not quite as simple as that. Where as you had Palm Desktop as an Info Manager software for your palm, BBs don't come with their own info manager software. In order to sync your BB with your computer, you need to have some sort of info manager software on your computer, such as Outlook, Novell Groupwise, Lotus Notes, etc.

There is also the option to sync with your online calendar through the Desktop Manager with a yahoo account, but that has had mixed results. There is also the google sync option, which works pretty well with the calendar, but has mixed results with contacts.
    Yes, there was some assumption on my part.
    04-06-09 10:04 PM
    This is a nice thread.

My wife has an LG 8300 and I wanted to try the IM program on the phone, connecting to her via yahoo and my vzw blackberry. I added on a text plan to her phone, but the rep said I needed to have a text plan on my BB to use IM. I told him I was confused because I pay an additional 30 dollars per month to use internet on the blackberry. I told him it is a yahoo app and should use data. He told me no. I finally told him that I wanted to try it first with text blocked on the BB. If it required SMS, then it should not work. He agreed to call me back in 30 minutes.

Not to bash the CSA, he was a nice guy and was helpful, just not up to speed on this one thing. My BB YM app worked just fine without SMS enabled.

I am hoping this messenger communication between us works out. If it does, I think I will get her a Niagara for her birthday.
    The rep wasn't entirely wrong.

There are 2 ways to use yahoo messenger on a BB. You can use the mobile instant messaging program provided by VZW or you can download the yahoo messenger app. The one provided by VZW does indeed use text messaging when you send a message from yahoo which would require a messaging package since the BB data plan does not include messaging.

Then there is the yahoo messenger app that you can download to the BB. It will use data to send the message via YM, therefore, no messaging package is required.

Also, if you get her a Niagara, then there is no need to use Yahoo messenger since you could use the Blackberry messenger that comes with all BBs.
    04-06-09 11:11 PM
    There are 2 ways to use yahoo messenger on a BB. You can use the mobile instant messaging program provided by VZW or you can download the yahoo messenger app. The one provided by VZW does indeed use text messaging when you send a message from yahoo which would require a messaging package since the BB data plan does not include messaging.

Then there is the yahoo messenger app that you can download to the BB. It will use data to send the message via YM, therefore, no messaging package is required.
    One other tidbit to consider - you do not need a texting plan to send texts. You simply get charged per text message.

So if you're using the text-based YM, sending her IMs is adding to your bill

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 12:53 AM
    Is there any way to auto login to my voicemail? When Im on the road and want to check my voicemail, its so much easier to just hit 1 button and start listening to my messages.

Thanks.
    04-07-09 10:53 AM
    Is there any way to auto login to my voicemail? When Im on the road and want to check my voicemail, its so much easier to just hit 1 button and start listening to my messages.

Thanks.
    Visual Voicemail.
    04-07-09 11:05 AM

Thanks.

Not sure if it is the same, but on my 8330 I just hit #1 it calls my voicemail and then enters my password. I set it up when I 1st got my 8330, and for the life of me can't remember how I did it.
    04-07-09 11:55 AM
    There was a thread on this: Phone >>Menu >>options..voice mail enter password
    04-07-09 11:56 AM
    Can you clear up the difference between the $30 and $45 plan? Is the difference just tethering?
    04-07-09 08:40 PM
    Can you clear up the difference between the $30 and $45 plan? Is the difference just tethering?
    No - the $45 plan is for connecting to a BlackBerry Enterprise Server, or BES. Companies are who deploy these things, as the cost of having one reaches into the thousands of dollars. Running a BES means you have control of all the BlackBerry devices connecting to it.

If you don't work for a company where you need BES connectivity, you stay with the $29 BIS plan.

And if you work for a company that requires it, they should be paying for it - you don't want your employer being able to manage/control/monitor a phone you pay for.
    04-07-09 08:49 PM
    The rep wasn't entirely wrong.

Also, if you get her a Niagara, then there is no need to use Yahoo messenger since you could use the Blackberry messenger that comes with all BBs.
    I did tell him that I downloaded Yahoo's application. I did not know that they wrote the VZW app for BB. I didn't think that the curve supported Vcast/Verizon apps that you would find on the LG, other than maybe VZ Navigator. I guess out of fairness, it is not reasonable to expect a VZW rep to know about YM function.

Thought about getting a Storm to replace my curve last night. The rep at 611 told me that there was a special to get me a Storm for 199 even though I am not elligible to upgrade until January 2010. I spent some time with the storm and don't think it would work out for me. Just feels clunky compared to my Curve. Maybe Niagara will be a better fit. I am anxious to give it a try.
    04-08-09 09:04 AM
    Just started on a Blackberry today and I want to go to a website and can't figure out how to get there? Where do I type in an address?
    Last edited by msanders3859; 04-08-09 at 09:42 PM.
    04-08-09 09:39 PM
    Have you opened the user manual?

04-08-09 09:40 PM
    Yes, I have set up my emails and done quite a lot today. I've been in the verizon book, verizon site, and crackberry. I feel stupid but, but I am a middle aged women trying to figure this alol out! I've used google to get places and have been successful. I am a realtor and I am trying to access the multiple listing service. The website is neohrex.com/pda I just can't find where to type it in.
    04-08-09 09:52 PM
    Yes, I have set up my emails and done quite a lot today. I've been in the verizon book, verizon site, and crackberry. I feel stupid but, but I am a middle aged women trying to figure this alol out! I've used google to get places and have been successful. I am a realtor and I am trying to access the multiple listing service. The website is neohrex.com/pda I just can't find where to type it in.
    Ok. Just making sure you've attempted to help yourself.

Looks like you have a Curve so you'll want to press the Blackberry button, then click on "Go To" and you can enter a web address.
    04-08-09 10:02 PM
    I called verizon and they were very pleasant and helpful and totally understood my problem. Guided me to the "go to menu" that I could not find in any BOOK or website. Didn't make me feel stupid like you did. I thought this was a place for help.
    04-08-09 10:28 PM
    I called verizon and they were very pleasant and helpful and totally understood my problem. Guided me to the "go to menu" that I could not find in any BOOK or website. Didn't make me feel stupid like you did. I thought this was a place for help.
    I'm not at all trying to make you feel stupid and sincerely apologize if that was how it came across.

Since you are a newer member I guess you wouldn't be aware of the sheer volume of threads started here for things found in the quick tips guide or the first 4 pages of the manual.

Edit...
    Your answer is on page 121, under "Browser".
    Last edited by vatothe0; 04-08-09 at 10:39 PM.
    04-08-09 10:34 PM
    Since you are a newer member I guess you wouldn't be aware of the sheer volume of threads started here for things found in the quick tips guide or the first 4 pages of the manual.
    The man was not trying to make you feel stupid...

All too many times we see someone come for the simplest question - 10 people offer assistance and one jumps in to say VZW sucks. Then same person comes back for another simple question and 12 people offer assistance and one jumps in to say VZW sucks. Same soul returns with yet another question. This time 9 people offer assistance and one jumps in to say VZW sucks. Then two hours later another person starts a whole new thread asking the exact same simple question as our first one, not taking the time to even search the site, much less reading the manual, and it starts all over again.

The same question over & over can be irritating, but the AT&T & Sprint fanboys need to get over their insecurities.

Here are some helpful links to check out:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/crac...ums-how-16472/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/tip-...ortcuts-13131/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...e-series-4716/

BlackBerry Tips, How To & FAQ
    04-09-09 01:11 AM
    I read once about someone who threatened their cell carrier with them leaving the provider. They then offered him a phone at a subsidized cost even though he was not near his plan expiration.

Is there any way to do this on verizon?
    04-09-09 06:31 PM
    Sure come in here to ask vzw rep how to screw vzw. Like we will answer this question. If you do this I hope you enjoy your new carrier. Btw the answer to your question is a resounding NO!

Last edited by lastraid; 04-09-09 at 08:40 PM.
    04-09-09 06:53 PM
    I read once about someone who threatened their cell carrier with them leaving the provider. They then offered him a phone at a subsidized cost even though he was not near his plan expiration.
    Sure. I've heard of this and yes, it can be done. New contract on a small carrier, desperate to keep customers. You call and tell them you're thinking of going to another carrier. Then they offer you a new flip phone to replace the old one a couple months before your contract is up. Easy stuff. But it never involves a smartphone and if anyone tells you otherwise, they are lying to you.

Is there any way to do this on verizon?
    Yes. Its called cancelling your service, paying the ETF, then coming back six months from now.

Go ahead - threaten to leave. You're under contract. AT&T & T-Mobile wouldn't do it either. Sprint might, because your one line might make or break their solvency. But even then, you're talking about a phone that has been on the market for a year or so, flips, texts and not much more.

Six months into a new contract - you were dumb enough to grab a Pearl, the then darling of the soccer-mom, teeny-bopper, BlackBerry is cool crowd. Now you want the latest "cool" phone since your Pearl was old befor you got it. Now you don't want to live up to what you agreed to. That will be $150ETF - have a nice day.

Hey LR, lighten up. Every one of the new-age kids knows this can be done. We let them take over our classrooms, newsrooms & courtrooms. The kids are now taught how to get things for free instead of honoring commitments and standing by honesty & integrity.

We should line them all up, draw our weapons, and spank the living crud out of every single one of them. Then when we're done waylaying on the educators, journalists & judges, we'll figure out what to do with the worthless kids they molded for us.

04-09-09 08:00 PM
5,111 ... 7172737475 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD