View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 7071727374 ...
tools
    No, it's everywhere in the Fort Knox/Muldraugh area. Radcliff works just fine, as there's a VZW tower in Lebanon Junction which they can feed off of. There are also Sprint towers which we can roam on, but on base they interfere which makes my reception next to nothing. I can send a text message if I try 3-5 times per message, but I cannot answer a call until I get off post, meanwhile Sprint/T-Mo/ATT users can make/recieve calls/text/internet all day here. At home, I figure it's just cause I live on the outskirts of town.
    Yep , sounds to me like you might have two options. Net Ext or change carriers. The cost of Net ext will cover it self over time and less hastle of switching carriers. Other than the cost of the eqip, there are no additional onthly fee for this.
    04-04-09 03:42 PM
    I can send a text message if I try 3-5 times per message, but I cannot answer a call until I get off post, meanwhile Sprint/T-Mo/ATT users can make/recieve calls/text/internet all day here. At home, I figure it's just cause I live on the outskirts of town.
    Sounds like you need to give up VZW and head to another carrier.
    04-04-09 03:56 PM
    Since being a VZW customer, I have went through 3 VX8500's, 3 VX8550's, a Samsung Glyde (*shutter*), 5 BlackBerry Curves, 3 BlackBerry Storms, and a HTC Touch Pro (which I hated after about 3 days and returned in favor of my Storm. I've had one phone that actually had to be replaced because of my error. I can deal with the throwaway phones, but getting crappy service is really becoming unacceptable.
    To me that sounds liek customer error...I've been with verizon for about 10 years now, and gone through 5 phones. 2 were because of water damage (thrown in a pool, and dropped one in the toilet when drunk), and those 2 were about 8 months apart. so I've really only repalced my phone 3 times, and each time I did I didn't HAVE to replace it...I just got new phones cuz I could, and I'm not one of those that is easy on my phones...I'm pretty rough on them. You're probably one of those customer who expects everything you own to work flawlessly 24/7...well that's not life, and that's not the way it works. Nothing is perfect at all, and by seeing that you went through that many phones it just shows me that as soon as you see the tineyst little blemish on your phone you replace it!
    04-04-09 07:42 PM
    No, it's everywhere in the Fort Knox/Muldraugh area. Radcliff works just fine, as there's a VZW tower in Lebanon Junction which they can feed off of. There are also Sprint towers which we can roam on, but on base they interfere which makes my reception next to nothing. I can send a text message if I try 3-5 times per message, but I cannot answer a call until I get off post, meanwhile Sprint/T-Mo/ATT users can make/recieve calls/text/internet all day here. At home, I figure it's just cause I live on the outskirts of town.
    A) Tower locations are generally not advertised and customer reps typically don't have info on their location. How do you know there are Sprint towers in the area?

B) I've not seen many areas where a VZW phone cannot fully utilize a Sprint or US Cellular tower. Have you checked your options to make sure your phone isn't set on Home Only?

Options>Mobile Network>Network Selection Mode=Automatic

Check that, then run *228, Opt 2, then a battery pull. See if that improves things.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 11:07 PM
    To me that sounds liek customer error...I've been with verizon for about 10 years now, and gone through 5 phones. 2 were because of water damage (thrown in a pool, and dropped one in the toilet when drunk), and those 2 were about 8 months apart. so I've really only repalced my phone 3 times, and each time I did I didn't HAVE to replace it...I just got new phones cuz I could, and I'm not one of those that is easy on my phones...I'm pretty rough on them. You're probably one of those customer who expects everything you own to work flawlessly 24/7...well that's not life, and that's not the way it works. Nothing is perfect at all, and by seeing that you went through that many phones it just shows me that as soon as you see the tineyst little blemish on your phone you replace it!
    Uh huh. Negative.

My 8500s and my 8550s were all replaced due to the serial port refusing to continuously charge. This was confirmed as a known issue by the in-house technician at my local VZW store, and obvious as to why the 3rd incantation of the chocolate did not have the same charging port. This is also the reason my wife went through 3 EnV's.

My 1st curve was replaced because the rubber grip inside the top cover housing started rolling over onto the LCD. My second curve was replaced because it had zero volume through the earpiece speaker. My third curve was replaced because I accidentally knocked it off the counter in the bathroom into the toilet (and the only one being inherently my fault as stated above). My fourth curve was the replacement from Asurion, which was in awful condition and looked like someone had kicked the crap out of it, so they sent me my 5th curve which was just fine until I opted to swap to the storm.

My first storm was replaced due to a non-functioning speaker. My second storm was replaced due to dust under the screen and poor reception (this replacement was ordered by VZW technical support, not by request).

A) Tower locations are generally not advertised and customer reps typically don't have info on their location. How do you know there are Sprint towers in the area?

B) I've not seen many areas where a VZW phone cannot fully utilize a Sprint or US Cellular tower. Have you checked your options to make sure your phone isn't set on Home Only?

Options>Mobile Network>Network Selection Mode=Automatic

Check that, then run *228, Opt 2, then a battery pull. See if that improves things.

How could I not know there are Sprint towers? They are big metal towers, and since the Army uses Sprint as their primary provider, put one and one together...

As for Home only, no.. my phone has always been set on automatic with GSM turned off and the sim card removed. I also run the PRL update once a week. My curve got a little better reception here than my storm does, but neither have been great. I also have a co-worker who has an EnV2 and she can get enough signal to make a call, but it's extremely choppy. My initial guess was it's because of all the different frequencies of things on the base here, but it just doesn't make sense why I have to place my phone on certain spots on my desk on certain days to send/receive a text message, meanwhile the guy next to me on T-Mo can use his Curve all day long to do everything he'd normally do with it.

I guess I'm just stuck with it until Bluegrass Cellular finally gives up the goat and lets Verizon install a tower somewhere near here and not 25 miles away in Lebanon Junction. :/
    04-05-09 08:26 AM
    What is the chance that verizon will go gsm so that we can use unlocked phones on it?
    04-05-09 07:40 PM
    What is the chance that verizon will go gsm so that we can use unlocked phones on it?
    100%. Scheduled for next Thursday actually.

04-05-09 07:43 PM
    Originally Posted by Hamiltown
    Slim and none and whole lot closer to none.
    04-05-09 07:46 PM
    Guys,

My girlfriend has a dumb phone and wants to transfer her pictures to her computer. What is the best and cheapest way to do that. She already bought a usb cord but it did not come with software. I told her about bitpim which is what I used to use, but I fear that may be to complicated. Her local rep suggested a media card. Also you guys have or had something called picture place, is that still around and is there a change for it? Or is there a better program or easier to use than bitpim?

04-05-09 07:57 PM
    Guys,

My girlfriend has a dumb phone and wants to transfer her pictures to her computer. What is the best and cheapest way to do that. She already bought a usb cord but it did not come with software. I told her about bitpim which is what I used to use, but I fear that may be to complicated. Her local rep suggested a media card. Also you guys have or had something called picture place, is that still around and is there a change for it? Or is there a better program or easier to use than bitpim?

Which phone does she have? Does it have an SD card?

Yes pix place is still around. There is no charge for it, but to get the picture there will use data. no data plan there will be a charge for this. either minutes for older proce plans or $1.99 per MB if on nation wide plan.
    04-05-09 08:08 PM
    Why is it that Verizon only carries two colors for both the Curve and Pearl? Why is it that you only carry that ruby red that I oh-so love on the medi-lacking World addition?
    I get why Verizon removes WIFI from all of their devices (to force you into their unlimited data package, which I'm fine with), but why restrict color selection?
    Last edited by stormaddictions; 04-05-09 at 08:34 PM.
    04-05-09 08:09 PM
    Why is it that Verizon only carries two colors for both the Curve and Pearl? Why is it that you only carry they ruby red that I oh-so love on the media lacking World addition?
    I get why Verizon removes WIFI from all of their devices (to force you into their unlimited data package, which I'm fine with), but why restrict color selection?
    First off, the 8830 does come in red and silver.

As a rep and I am sure the other reps here will tell you, we do not know either. My personal option is that VZW carrys colors they think will sell the best. This way they get better pricing for buying quantity.
    04-05-09 08:18 PM
    First off, the 8830 does come in red and silver.

As a rep and I am sure the other reps here will tell you, we do not know either. My personal option is that VZW carrys colors they think will sell the best. This way they get better pricing for buying quantity.
    I know the 8830 comes in red. That's why I said it did...

I guess that carrying the basics is a good way to save a bit, but all I ask is that one little color. I guess I'm whining now so I'll just stop there. Thanks for asking my question. It's just been bugging me.

Another question - Don't you just have to be 18 to work at Verizon as a rep? I'm kinda looking to get a job at one of the several stored near here and just wondering about the most basic requirement. Haha
    04-05-09 08:41 PM
    I am trying to make songs that I have put on my phone ringtones, does anyone know how to do this.. I am trying to make them custom tones, and right now I am only able to get the ones that I started with and the ones that I have purchased.
    04-05-09 08:44 PM
    Which phone does she have? Does it have an SD card?

Yes pix place is still around. There is no charge for it, but to get the picture there will use data. no data plan there will be a charge for this. either minutes for older proce plans or $1.99 per MB if on nation wide plan.
    Pix place doesn't charge MB, unless you are looking at in on the phone's browser. It costs $.25 to send a picture to pix place unless you have a messaging package. Once it is sent to pix place, then they can just log in to vzwpix.com on their laptop or desktop and save to the computer.
    04-05-09 09:35 PM
    Why is it that Verizon only carries two colors for both the Curve and Pearl? Why is it that you only carry that ruby red that I oh-so love on the medi-lacking World addition?
    The colors are carrier-specific. Each carrier is given a choice of a color. When a new set of colors are added, by the manufacturer, each carrier again gets a choice. If that color has been chosen by another carrier, it is gone - competitive & exclusivity issues. Sales projections play a part in the color selection, too.

Again, VZW does not remove WiFi. RIM doesn't make a CDMA BlackBerry. There are a number of technical issues outlined in other threads. VZW does offer WiFi on WinMo & Palm devices, as they come available. And you still need a data plan.
    I am trying to make songs that I have put on my phone ringtones, does anyone know how to do this.. I am trying to make them custom tones, and right now I am only able to get the ones that I started with and the ones that I have purchased.
    Try looking in the Ringtones forum. That forum is setup with answers to these types of questions.

If you simply want your MP3s on your phone as ringtones, select the file, press your Blackberry button and an option to do that is there. Note that it will make a tone from about the first 30 seconds of the song & not necessarily the chorus.

04-05-09 09:41 PM
    Another question - Don't you just have to be 18 to work at Verizon as a rep? I'm kinda looking to get a job at one of the several stored near here and just wondering about the most basic requirement. Haha
    Check this out EMPLOYMENT VZW
    04-05-09 10:00 PM
    Pix place doesn't charge MB, unless you are looking at in on the phone's browser. It costs $.25 to send a picture to pix place unless you have a messaging package. Once it is sent to pix place, then they can just log in to vzwpix.com on their laptop or desktop and save to the computer.
    Thank you, THats what happens when you do not deal with it much. Back in the day (WDTS) we dumped those calls to tier two. Something I always needed to look up.

My apology for any mis info. wrist is slapped
    Last edited by lastraid; 04-06-09 at 04:48 PM.
    04-05-09 10:02 PM
    I have decided to start a thread in which you can ask all your questions/inquiries/concerns within this very thread.

We will attempt to answer as best and as fast as possible.

If you don't feel comfortable asking within the forums, you can always email me or PIN me. Please be sure to state that you are from CB when requesting PIN messaging.

Disclaimer: All opinions and postings are my own thoughts and opinions and in no way reflect the policies, terms and conditions, or should be taken as an agreement or binding contract between you and Verizon Wireless. I am not in any way resposible or liable for any information or opinions I may give you.

Due to conflicting information, if you are going to provide any information, please back it up with LINKS/SOURCES!!!
    hello, i am wondering i have a striped background to my texts and emails, how do i change this??? i have been looking for hours. thanks for your help
    04-05-09 10:29 PM
    hello, i am wondering i have a striped background to my texts and emails, how do i change this??? i have been looking for hours. thanks for your help
    The message itself or the message list?
    04-06-09 02:00 AM
    The message itself or the message list?
    hi. it is the background of the message itself as well as the background of emails. thank you for responding.
    04-06-09 05:07 PM
    Are you on a BES server? or have you added any third party HTML software to the device?

In messages hit menu>options and check in there for any background settings.
    04-06-09 05:10 PM
    I want different email backgrounds!

All I have is purple with pink polka-dots!

Seriously, I think LR is onto something - a 3rd-party software application is what would be doing that. Some of them feed from the Profiles settings. Have you looked there?

04-06-09 05:23 PM
    I'm new to blackberry's format, finaly got the storm to replace a treo. My question may be "dumb" sorry. How do you input contact, calendar info from your computer? With palm you would use desktop? Couldn't figure it out.
    04-06-09 05:28 PM
    Install the cd that contains the BB desktop software or user tools.
    04-06-09 05:33 PM
5,111 ... 7071727374 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD