View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 09:42 AM
5,111 ... 6869707172 ...
tools
    There are new models of everything coming. Nobody who could give you any reliable information would risk their job posting the info here.

Your google/CB searches are just as good as ours.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 02:17 PM
    My carrier can't release phone since it is a verizon device. It will have to be released on their system.
    Call RIM/Blackberry. Some VZW employees have access to the Blackberry Admin site that would allow them to delete the BIS account that is holding the PIN "hostage". Since you are Alltel right now and they haven't been fully intergrated into VZW, then a call to RIM should be able to accomplish the same thing.
    04-01-09 03:07 PM
    If ESN is clean I don't see the problem. Its not like the previous owner can use PIN. All I want to do is get my BIS set up
    ESN will show clean if the owner did call VZW and report being lost/stolen.
    04-01-09 06:33 PM
    ESN will show clean if the owner did call VZW and report being lost/stolen.
    Lost/stolen phone with clean ESN after being reported as such? Are you sure about that?

04-01-09 06:51 PM
    I am jusy saying if it is not reported as such then it show as clean
    04-01-09 06:58 PM
    I am jusy saying if it is not reported as such then it show as clean
    I knew what you were saying, but that is NOT what you said.

04-01-09 07:01 PM
    See what you mean, I have a nasty habit of leaving the important word in a statement.
    04-01-09 07:45 PM
    No one will release PIN VZ needs previous owner to call, RIM needs provider to call....This is insane!!!Thanks for all the responses.
    04-01-09 09:13 PM
    No one will release PIN VZ needs previous owner to call, RIM needs provider to call....This is insane!!!Thanks for all the responses.
    Good luck with this. It is all in the name of security and account privacy. If you bought on EBAY and used Paypal. I would file a claim with them. THey may get your refunded. Also if have not done so already you can leave neg feedback for the seller. Mainly for selling a device you cannot use and no communication.
    04-01-09 09:16 PM
    Wait....are you trying to activate this VZW branded Curve on VZW or Alltel? I'm confused.....
    04-01-09 09:27 PM
    STORM, On Alltel,
    04-01-09 09:40 PM
    Wait....are you trying to activate this VZW branded Curve on VZW or Alltel? I'm confused.....
    Is really irrevelant. Pin numbers are pin numbers. As far as I know, if pin number is toed to an old account, it will let you set up another BIS account.
    04-01-09 09:45 PM
    Is that even possible? I was under the assumption that VZW branded phones are locked into VZW. I know that VZW bought Alltel, but I don't think that you can use a VZW branded BB on Alltel. You may be able to use it as a voice phone, but typically not more than that.
    04-01-09 09:48 PM
    Is really irrevelant. Pin numbers are pin numbers. As far as I know, if pin number is toed to an old account, it will let you set up another BIS account.
    The branding I believe DOES matter. CDMA phones are not like GSM phones where you can unlock it and use it on a different carrier. While the phone part of a phone may be getting unlocked due to new laws, the data portion (especially the BB portion) I believe is still being locked to the specific branded carrier.
    04-01-09 09:51 PM
    Simple stuff - clean ESN because the device was not reported as stolen. But the PIN is registered to someone else. They need the registered owner to release the PIN and you need to hope that seller is in good graces as far as their account is concerned.

Typically, the carrier won't do anything until a final bill/ETF is paid in full.

And, as Niubeav mentioned, it might not even be able to be activated on Alltel prior to the billing merger completion. If your area is part of a divested area, it might be up to the new carrier - so you have multiple hurdles to clear.

04-01-09 09:52 PM
    have phone activated fully functional(Internet, SMS, MMS, everything) but the BIS)
    04-01-09 09:53 PM
    I have seen people post here that they have gotten storm unlocked and they are using them on ATT. Fun stuff.

This can be done, if ESN has been placed into the alltel side, I am not really sure how much merging of back end systems has been accomplished.

I have also seen VZW branded devices activated on Cricket.
    04-01-09 09:53 PM
    I have seen people post here that they have gotten storm unlocked and they are using them on ATT. Fun stuff.

This can be done, if ESN has been placed into the alltel side, I am not really sure how much merging of back end systems has been accomplished.

Activating it on ATT is a totally different animal since AT&T is a GSM carrier and the GSM side of a Storm can be unlocked to work on a different carrier. CDMA to CDMA is a totally different ballgame.

Like I've said, it may be that the voice side of things are able to be activated on alltel, but as for the data/BIS/BES side of things, that will probably not happen.
    Last edited by niubeav; 04-01-09 at 09:57 PM.
    04-01-09 09:54 PM
    Activating it on ATT is a totally different animal since AT&T is a GSM carrier and the GSM side of a Storm can be unlocked to work on a different carrier. CDMA to CDMA is a totally different ballgame.

Like I've said, it may be that the voice side of things are able to be activated on alltel, but as for the data/BIS/BES side of things, that will probably not happen.
    This is why I only tech devices. Never proclaimed to be a network expert. I know enough to be dangerous. I just know I have seen it done. Will to learn though
    04-01-09 09:59 PM
    You will see all sorts of things on Cricket - just no fully functional BlackBerrys.

I was reading on another site where people were enraged that they could not get BIS on a Storm with Sprint.

I'll see if I can find it again.

04-01-09 10:10 PM
    Good morning, I have a question for a friend of mine, his contract is currently up with Tmo and he wants to port his number to Vzw and get a storm but his credit is not that good and he's afraid Vzw will reject him, I'm thinking Vzw would be happy to take a customer from the competition and add to their network, but that's my opinion, could a rep give some input on this because he's dying to get a storm but he thinks he'll get shot down. TIA

VZW will not reject an applicant, but they may require a deposit... Deposit amounts depend based on credit check.
    04-01-09 10:21 PM
    hi i have a question and i hope i will not get ranted on for such a question...but i currently have bis and wanted to know if there is any program/app that will allow me to access my outlook calendars and tasks through my phone wirelessly ..i know i can update them by using usb cord and dm ..but i wanna have the updated while im away from computer and on the fly...thanks in advance for any solutions.
    04-01-09 11:53 PM
    hi i have a question and i hope i will not get ranted on for such a question...but i currently have bis and wanted to know if there is any program/app that will allow me to access my outlook calendars and tasks through my phone wirelessly ..i know i can update them by using usb cord and dm ..but i wanna have the updated while im away from computer and on the fly...thanks in advance for any solutions.
    In order to do that your company needs to be on a microsoft exchange, novell groupwise, lotus notes, etc server. Your company also needs a BES server installed. Finally, on your end, you need to go up to a BES plan (pay the extra $$$ to get the BES plan) and get approved to be on your BES system.

So simple answer, if you only have BIS and plan on keeping BIS, no.
    04-02-09 12:10 AM
    Hi,

Couple of questions. Im on a family plan with my parents and have the unlimited data for blackberry as well as the 250 text message plan.

We got a call that I went wayyy over on the text messages and I managed to rack up 150 dollars of charges (lol woops). The only people I text are on Verizon, I thought that Verizon to Verizon texts were unlimited to each other? Did something change?

Also is it possible to use the XXXXX@vtext.com via email to not get charged for them? Does using that email count toward my data and not texts?
    04-02-09 12:11 AM
    Hi, just a quick question. I think my data plan on my blackberry is unlimited but i'm not sure, so my question is: Does the plan that youre required to sign up for when you buy a blackberry storm have unlimited data? Also, how can I check what plan I have? Thanks.
    04-02-09 12:14 AM
5,111 ... 6869707172 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD