View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Figured....Looks like I'll have to source a new keypad.

Got another one....I called CS asking about the unlimited BIS BB plan to find out if it was unlimited internet browsing. She said yes except for streaming stuff like Youtube. With 4.5 Youtube works....if I do stream (which I do not, don't have time) will I get charged extra or was she just stating that as of the current VZW BB OS it doesn't allow streaming???
    Last edited by jdubau55; 09-26-08 at 09:25 PM.
    09-26-08 09:12 PM
    You're asking VZW reps how to go about getting a new phone and think they will tell you? If you have insurance its $50 to replace the phone with a refurb unit. So no matter what you are looking at $50 for a replacement.
    09-27-08 02:46 PM
    As far as know the BIS 29.99 is unlimited. If Utube works go for it.
    09-27-08 03:17 PM
    how do I freeze up my crackberry so my carrier gets me a new 1.
    mine is pretty banged up and won't give me 1 I also have insurance.
    1. We will not tell you.

2. Take care of your phone.

3. You are SOL

4. Diged up is physical damage, use your insurance. $50

5. If this is a problem, see rule #3
    09-27-08 03:19 PM
    Verizon offers a $4.99 a month plan that covers warranty replacement only, and a $5.99 a month plan that extends the manufacture warranty for as long as you have the phone activated on your line. I have the $5.99 plan.

What the difference is yo?
    09-27-08 10:37 PM
    Verizon offers a $4.99 a month plan that covers warranty replacement only, and a $5.99 a month plan that extends the manufacture warranty for as long as you have the phone activated on your line. I have the $5.99 plan.

What the difference is yo?
    The 4.99 will replace the phone for things other than MFG issues in the first year. i.e. Theft, loss, or physical damage. The 5.99 does this and will extend the MFG warr for the second year. This waives the $50 for a MFG Warr. Theft, loss, or physical damage will still be charged $50 through the Insurance co.

With the $5.99 plan VZW will replace the device for MFG warr issues.
    09-27-08 10:44 PM
    I'm just about to switch to VZW and get the Curve, as soon as my AT&T plan expires in a week or two. First off, I want to say that seeing how helpful the Verizon reps have been in this thread has made me very happy I chose Verizon. I was getting concerned after reading about how VZW locked the GPS, how there were some problems with certain applications due to BREW and different video codecs, but I want VZW because of the coverage (the best in the NYC metro area) and EV-DO and since the CS seems so good, I'm not too concerned.

Now for the questions:

1. Is VZW getting any new BB's besides the Storm (I want a qwerty keyboard) in the next few months? I don't want to buy a Curve right before a new crop of BB's comes out.

2. Do you think 4.5 will be out by the end of October? How about Christmas? And what is the best way to get it "unofficially" for a Verizon 8830?

3. What are the current promotions regarding activation fees for a family plan? It seems like there's some promotion (at least online, maybe not in stores) where some activation fees are waived. Would that apply to the primary line only or all lines?

4. Is the DM/MM the only way to convert and transfer video to Verizon Curves? I've read that the video parameters used by many 3rd party conversion apps do not work on the Curve.

5. Will Opera Mini 4 work on Verizon BB's? The Opera site says it will not, but it seems people have got it to work.
    09-28-08 01:12 AM
    I'm just about to switch to VZW and get the Curve, as soon as my AT&T plan expires in a week or two. First off, I want to say that seeing how helpful the Verizon reps have been in this thread has made me very happy I chose Verizon. I was getting concerned after reading about how VZW locked the GPS, how there were some problems with certain applications due to BREW and different video codecs, but I want VZW because of the coverage (the best in the NYC metro area) and EV-DO and since the CS seems so good, I'm not too concerned.

Now for the questions:

1. Is VZW getting any new BB's besides the Storm (I want a qwerty keyboard) in the next few months? I don't want to buy a Curve right before a new crop of BB's comes out.

2. Do you think 4.5 will be out by the end of October? How about Christmas? And what is the best way to get it "unofficially" for a Verizon 8830?

3. What are the current promotions regarding activation fees for a family plan? It seems like there's some promotion (at least online, maybe not in stores) where some activation fees are waived. Would that apply to the primary line only or all lines?

4. Is the DM/MM the only way to convert and transfer video to Verizon Curves? I've read that the video parameters used by many 3rd party conversion apps do not work on the Curve.

5. Will Opera Mini 4 work on Verizon BB's? The Opera site says it will not, but it seems people have got it to work.

1. no

2. maybe. and hopefully.

3. none. better sign up before the 1st. after oct 1st, online pricing will match retail pricing and there will be NO MORE instant rebates online, it will be mail in.

4. yes

5. good question
    09-28-08 03:33 AM
    Yes. Worked on mine when I was running 4.3, and still works with 4.5.0.77.
    09-28-08 07:13 AM
    Yes. Worked on mine when I was running 4.3, and still works with 4.5.0.77.
    Operan Mini is condiered a 3rd party application for VZW and most TS that do not have BB's and some that do will that VZW will not support it. With that mind, this website is the best option for your question.

The mfg of opera mini may need another revision to make it work properly. But if others at this time have got it work, I would contact them for advice on this.
    09-28-08 08:36 AM
    I just got a new curve and love it. I was thinking about getting one for the wife, but she has no need for the data package. Is it true, if I buy a blackberry a data package is mandatory? Thanks for your time.
    09-28-08 02:22 PM
    Yes it is true. Each line of service does require a data plan. If she does not have the need for data plan, then another type of phone should be looked into.\

Welcome to CB
    09-28-08 02:36 PM
    i have had my pearl for about 7 months, and have all kinds of trouble with not having enough device memory, i have run memory optimization, deleted unnecessary apps, have a 2 gig SD card, and have called verizon tech support 3 or 4 times about the issue, but nothing that they have suggested solves my memory problem, is there any way that I can get a cheap upgrade to a curve?
    09-28-08 04:53 PM
    i have had my pearl for about 7 months, and have all kinds of trouble with not having enough device memory, i have run memory optimization, deleted unnecessary apps, have a 2 gig SD card, and have called verizon tech support 3 or 4 times about the issue, but nothing that they have suggested solves my memory problem, is there any way that I can get a cheap upgrade to a curve?
    Upgrade will not happen most likely till 12 months

Have you defaulted the camera to shoot to the SD Card? Cleand off all pictures, Videos, music from the device memory?
    09-28-08 05:17 PM
    Operan Mini is condiered a 3rd party application for VZW and most TS that do not have BB's and some that do will that VZW will not support it. With that mind, this website is the best option for your question.

The mfg of opera mini may need another revision to make it work properly. But if others at this time have got it work, I would contact them for advice on this.
    Silly me. I didn't check with Verizon before I installed it. Will it stop working if I call support?

Of course, this thread is called "Ask a VZW Rep." I'm probably out of line for answering
    09-28-08 08:31 PM
    Silly me. I didn't check with Verizon before I installed it. Will it stop working if I call support?
    I doubt it, all I am saying is if it does or does not work from the get go, VZW will not support it. You do not VZW permission to install anything. But ....naw will not go there. Hope you are having a great weekend!
    09-28-08 08:35 PM
    Upgrade will not happen most likely till 12 months

Have you defaulted the camera to shoot to the SD Card? Cleand off all pictures, Videos, music from the device memory?
    yeah, i have defaulted my camera to shoot to the SD card, and i have all of my ringtones and music on the card as well
    09-29-08 07:57 AM
    Can you only put media on the SD card or can you put applications? And if so how do you do it?
    Thanks for your time.
    09-29-08 04:53 PM
    Hey VZW reps - how do I use the "bring your own device" option on a MTM plan? I have an HTC Titan sitting here that I'd like to use, but I can't figure out how to sign up for a MTM plan and NOT pay full retail for a new device from Big Red.
    09-29-08 11:12 PM
    The Titan isn't certified yet so you'll have to mail it in, pay the fee and wait for it to come back first.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-08 11:26 PM
    What do you mean it's not certified? The Titan is the XV-6800, they've been selling it for months now.
    09-29-08 11:37 PM
    Can you only put media on the SD card or can you put applications? And if so how do you do it?
    Thanks for your time.
    Just media

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-08 12:34 AM
    What do you mean it's not certified? The Titan is the XV-6800, they've been selling it for months now.
    if it says VZW on the outside call 800 2 join in and you can activate a new line..

if its not vzw it is not possible to activate yet. We have not opened the network yet to all CDMA models
    09-30-08 12:50 AM
    if it says VZW on the outside call 800 2 join in and you can activate a new line..

if its not vzw it is not possible to activate yet. We have not opened the network yet to all CDMA models
    It's a VZW-branded XV-6800. Thank you very much!
    09-30-08 10:07 AM
    Could you clarify how new every two works. I know that you get $100 towards a phone but do you get the phone at the discounted price or full retail. For example, suppose I have my new every two credit, my contract is up (but I'm willing to sign on for another two years) and I want to buy a Curve. I am getting $100 towards $429.99 or the two-year contract price of $169.99?
    09-30-08 12:36 PM
5,111 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD