View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 6768697071 ...
tools
    Anyone ???
    Nobody knows for sure....it's all speculation. We've been told "a couple of weeks" for over a month now.
    03-30-09 02:16 PM
    Do you know when a new OS will begin shipping with the Storm? I am thinking of upgrading, but and not very handy when it comes to upgrading or working with Beta OS.

Thanks !
    Nobody knows for sure....it's all speculation. We've been told "a couple of weeks" for over a month now.
    Yup - I was told about six weeks ago by someone who knows about such things that an OS update for the Storm would "definitely be out next week."

Problem is, he neglected to tell me which next week that was, since no update yet.

So much for reliable sources.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-09 05:46 PM
    Last rumor I heard for the update is sometime april

03-30-09 05:53 PM
    Last rumor I heard for the update is sometime april
    Please note, everyone - lastraid did NOT give us a year on this.

03-30-09 06:57 PM
    hello, i've been reading the forums for a while but haven't really started posting till recently.

anyhow, my sister and i got blackberry pearls a few months ago. i love love love it, but she's had issues with hers. in the beginning, we both had issues with memory leaks, which we dealt with for a few months, until it became unbearable and verizon swapped our phones out! my replacement phone was great, but with her, a couple weeks later, she noticed a problem with bbm (really long and complicated), and after working with technical support on the phone, they decided the refurbished phone was defective and sent out another one. it's been about a month and she's noticed she's been experiencing dropped calls way more often than usual (at this point it happens about once a day), in addition to errors while loading webpages on the browser, even if we both have full bars and my pearl is working just fine!

she's gone into verizon about the recent issue and their troubleshooting tactics help for a while, but after a while, the dropped calls persist. she has a good amount of memory (15mb+), always closes out of apps, and has pretty minimal apps (google maps, google talk, and aim).

she's not up for contract renewal for about a for at least 18 months (if not more) , is there any chance of her getting a different phone without having to pay full price? she's pretty frustrated with her pearl and at this point she'd be willing to downgrade to a non-blackberry, but she'd love to stay with blackberry since she loves having her emails be so accessible to her.

any suggestions on how she should go about this?
    Last edited by rocket.girl; 03-30-09 at 09:48 PM.
    03-30-09 09:32 PM
    Do you know when a new OS will begin shipping with the Storm? I am thinking of upgrading, but and not very handy when it comes to upgrading or working with Beta OS.

Thanks !
    If you really want it I wouldn't wait.
    When you use your desptop manager doing the updates on the OS is pretty
    simple, it really does walk you through the whole thing and if you don't get
    it technicians over the phone through VZW are extremely helpful.
    Just my .02
    I know on 4.5 we kept being told it will be available soon, yea really it will
    be available soon, we really mean it this time you'll see it soon.
    So yea, just get it. There will almost always be something new in the works.
    Be it a new phoen or an OS.
    03-31-09 03:23 AM
    hello, i've been reading the forums for a while but haven't really started posting till recently.

anyhow, my sister and i got blackberry pearls a few months ago. i love love love it, but she's had issues with hers. in the beginning, we both had issues with memory leaks, which we dealt with for a few months, until it became unbearable and verizon swapped our phones out! my replacement phone was great, but with her, a couple weeks later, she noticed a problem with bbm (really long and complicated), and after working with technical support on the phone, they decided the refurbished phone was defective and sent out another one. it's been about a month and she's noticed she's been experiencing dropped calls way more often than usual (at this point it happens about once a day), in addition to errors while loading webpages on the browser, even if we both have full bars and my pearl is working just fine!

she's gone into verizon about the recent issue and their troubleshooting tactics help for a while, but after a while, the dropped calls persist. she has a good amount of memory (15mb+), always closes out of apps, and has pretty minimal apps (google maps, google talk, and aim).

she's not up for contract renewal for about a for at least 18 months (if not more) , is there any chance of her getting a different phone without having to pay full price? she's pretty frustrated with her pearl and at this point she'd be willing to downgrade to a non-blackberry, but she'd love to stay with blackberry since she loves having her emails be so accessible to her.

Which number pearl is she on, meaning how many devices has she had so
    far? I'm asking because normally aft the third one they'll do a new phone
    altogether if you can't get one that will work.
    I'd contact customer service about this. You signed a contrace in good
    faith, buying a phone that should work, if they can't fix it then they need
    to do something about it for you and they normally do.
    Be nice but be persistant about it, this has gone on for long enough.
    You are paying for service you are not fully getting.
    03-31-09 03:27 AM
    hey sreneel77 thanks for the input. she's on her 3rd phone now (the first one she bought + 2 refurbs that they've sent her). verizon's been really great about walking us through everything and incredibly helpful, but i think she's a little worried about getting on their nerves...

any chance she could swap her phone out for another model (blackberry or not, though preferably blackberry)
    03-31-09 09:27 AM
    hey sreneel77 thanks for the input. she's on her 3rd phone now (the first one she bought + 2 refurbs that they've sent her). verizon's been really great about walking us through everything and incredibly helpful, but i think she's a little worried about getting on their nerves...

any chance she could swap her phone out for another model (blackberry or not, though preferably blackberry)

Yea I would think they would do that. You can go back to the store you
    bought the initial one or call customer service.
    By the third bad phone it's time to try something else.
    You shouldn't have an issue getting this done. And tell her to not feel like
    she's "getting on their nerves" she bought a phone from Verizon and she
    should have one that works, they want that for her too.
    03-31-09 12:39 PM

Could this be a memory issue? Is the memory to full, how much memory is left on the phone?
    03-31-09 02:45 PM
    Could this be a memory issue? Is the memory to full, how much memory is left on the phone?
    ok4a56 , she has about 15+mb on the phone, after a battery pull. from what i've read, 12 is the ideal, so i figured her memory was at a good number. after a few hours of use i imagine it drops to about 12? or at least my phone loses 2-3 mb of memory when i use it...
    03-31-09 03:38 PM
    Yea I would think they would do that. You can go back to the store you
    bought the initial one or call customer service.
    By the third bad phone it's time to try something else.
    You shouldn't have an issue getting this done. And tell her to not feel like
    she's "getting on their nerves" she bought a phone from Verizon and she
    should have one that works, they want that for her too.
    Verizon Wireless' policy on "multi-fru" is 3 replacements within 90 days... That would mean you have the original, get it replaced, get that one replaced and then get that one replaced ( the replacements have to be within 90 days ), then she will be eligible for the multi-fru. But even with that she would have to get a comparable phone to the Blackberry Pearl of equal or lesser value. So, there might not actually be a comparable phone, they may allow her to get a new Pearl, instead of a refurb.... But it would be up to the store tech.
    03-31-09 06:47 PM
    Need help BAD, Can anyone help me get my PIN released..
    03-31-09 07:54 PM
    If you are refering free the PIN for use on a BIS, Only your carrier or the other person that had it before you can help
    03-31-09 09:35 PM
    Yes refering to freeing PIN. Bought on Ebay, contacted Verizon to verify phone was ok(not stolen). said it was good. I am on Alltel no Verizon service in my area yet. Said they would release when i setup account. I have had them release PIN in provisioning tool before?? Any ideas.
    03-31-09 09:42 PM
    As I said - just read my above post again. No one here can help with this. only your carrier, or the person that had it before can release the pin.
    03-31-09 09:45 PM
    My carrier can't release phone since it is a verizon device. It will have to be released on their system.
    03-31-09 09:52 PM
    Then you are SOL. VZW will not help you as you do not have active account with them. Your best is to try work with seller of the device you bought.
    03-31-09 09:53 PM
    When is an update for the OS going to be released?
    03-31-09 09:55 PM
    If seller in no help, can I have a friend that has verizon get it freed using his account then set up email under my carrier
    03-31-09 09:56 PM
    This will not work unless he activates your device his account. Now with this in mind and being security concernd, would you delete - or clear a pin that is active on another account?

As a Rep for VZW, I am sure you are an honest person, This whole scenerio would seem fishy to me. But another rep might do it.
    03-31-09 10:00 PM
    When is an update for the OS going to be released?
    You failed to mention which device & which OS you are looking for.

No matter - for all of them, it is when RIM releases the update and that will be sometime after now.

03-31-09 10:00 PM
    If ESN is clean I don't see the problem. Its not like the previous owner can use PIN. All I want to do is get my BIS set up
    03-31-09 10:05 PM
    Then it shouldn't be a problem getting them to release it. Nobody here can help you with this. Your options have been presented its your job to choose one and take action.
    If ESN is clean I don't see the problem. Its not like the previous owner can use PIN. All I want to do is get my BIS set up
    04-01-09 09:55 AM
    Hello,

I heard a rumor, and I am just trying to verify it and get an estimate date. I've heard from a VZW employee, that there is a new Blackberry Curve coming out soon (like in the next few months). Is this true? I am switching from T-mobile to VZW in May and is wondering if this is true, when is it coming out exactly, I might want to wait on it and get the newer one!

Thanks!!

Jodi V
    04-01-09 01:12 PM
5,111 ... 6768697071 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD