View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 6667686970 ...
tools
    are these release rumors usually right?
    03-28-09 03:19 PM
    Sometimes, Depends on issues with he device during testing that may delay this
    03-28-09 03:20 PM
    Hi, I'm a new Storm user on Verizon. In my house, when I'm using the browser and the screen shows 1XEV, it sits there for a long time showing "requesting". If it shifts to just 1X, it starts showing the connection arrow and actually does something. Is there a way I can force 1X? I'm somewhat dissapointed as your coverage map showed my address as being in a best coverage area.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 03:22 PM
    I have this happen to mine as well from time to time. 1X is national access and the EV is broadband. Try a battery reset and resend the service books. Options>advanced options>host routing table>menu>register now.

Also update your tower info if it has been over 60 days. *228 opt 2
    03-28-09 03:25 PM
    I see a lot of storm users that are on att, i have a storm can i get a bold and use it on verizon.
    03-28-09 04:44 PM
    I see a lot of storm users that are on att, i have a storm can i get a bold and use it on verizon.
    Ah no this cannot be done. Different technologies
    03-28-09 04:54 PM
    I have a question about a locked ESN. Basically a phone given to me has a locked ESN from Verizon and I'm wondering if there is anyone to get it unlocked.

Thanks,
    Cory
    03-28-09 06:43 PM
    I have a question about a locked ESN. Basically a phone given to me has a locked ESN from Verizon and I'm wondering if there is anyone to get it unlocked.

Thanks,
    Cory
    Hi Cory,

The ESN lock/unlock is a network thing with the carrier and its intent is to make sure contract obligations and the subsidy for the device have been met.

They will release or unlock an ESN is the phone has not been reported stolen and if the contract obligations have been fulfilled.

If ths phone was purchased and the service disconnected for any reason before the contract is up and either the bill or the ETF were not paid, it will not be unlocked until these issues have been resolved.

There is nothing in the phone itself that locks or unlocks.

03-28-09 08:08 PM
    Hi Cory,

The ESN lock/unlock is a network thing with the carrier and its intent is to make sure contract obligations and the subsidy for the device have been met.

They will release or unlock an ESN is the phone has not been reported stolen and if the contract obligations have been fulfilled.

If ths phone was purchased and the service disconnected for any reason before the contract is up and either the bill or the ETF were not paid, it will not be unlocked until these issues have been resolved.

There is nothing in the phone itself that locks or unlocks.

oh. ok. thanks!
    03-28-09 08:55 PM
    I am an AT&T customer but b/c I am moving, I will be switching to Verizon. I was wanting to know if Verizon is coming out with the Blackberry Bold? I saw something about a Niagara? It doesn't look the same as the Bold and I am kind of disappointed. If not, what new phones will they be coming out with in 2009? I probably need to be buying one by Aug/Sept/Oct. Thanks!
    03-29-09 12:15 AM
    Hi,

I just have a quick question. My old phone was starting to give up the ghost (a dreadful MotoQ9m) so I purchased a 8330 Curve (got it for $59, really good deal). However, I wish now in retrospect I'd went for the storm or just waited for the Niagara. In other words, I'm experiencing some slight buyer's remorse. Unfortunately, I'm about 5 days past my 30 day limit for returning a phone no questions asked. My question is, do VZW phone reps ever sell refurbished Blackberries (such as the storm)? Just wondering, thank you.

Not refurbs so much as like new phones we buy that we decide we don't want.
    A girl at one of the stores in my area bought the storm and then decided
    she wanted to go back to the curve, she called us all letting us know incase
    we wanted to buy it from her. Then I think she sold it on ebay.
    03-29-09 03:28 AM
    I purchased a Blackbery 9539 from Verizon it was locked. I went ahead and purchased an unlock code but it will not accept my SIM card from ATT who has service in Iraq. How can I fix this problem?

Please help
    03-29-09 06:28 AM
    I am an AT&T customer but b/c I am moving, I will be switching to Verizon. I was wanting to know if Verizon is coming out with the Blackberry Bold? I saw something about a Niagara? It doesn't look the same as the Bold and I am kind of disappointed. If not, what new phones will they be coming out with in 2009? I probably need to be buying one by Aug/Sept/Oct. Thanks!
    We know there will be a Blackberry that will be a mix of the Bold and the new Curve, and I believe it may be coming out between May and July. We are also waiting for the introduction of the Pearl with a flip that will also have push to talk features.
    03-29-09 07:34 AM
    I purchased a Blackbery 9539 from Verizon it was locked. I went ahead and purchased an unlock code but it will not accept my SIM card from ATT who has service in Iraq. How can I fix this problem?

Please help
    I believe that if you have been wth VZW ay least (its either 3 or 6 months) good payment history, that VZW will unlock the SIM card that came with the device. You would need to talk with a global rep for all the details
    03-29-09 08:20 AM
    Not refurbs so much as like new phones we buy that we decide we don't want.
    A girl at one of the stores in my area bought the storm and then decided
    she wanted to go back to the curve, she called us all letting us know incase
    we wanted to buy it from her. Then I think she sold it on ebay.
    Thank you. I think I might do a little looking around then. Although it's not like I'm stuck with a Lemon or anything. Even though the Curve is older, it seems to beat most other smart phones I've ever tried. Thanks.
    03-29-09 11:07 AM
    Hello,
    I recently purchased the 8330 curve from verizon. i just realized that i forgot to send in the rebate for the phone by a few days and now the deadline has past. Is there anything I can do to get the rebate?

Thanks
    03-29-09 12:53 PM
    Send it in and hope for the best. You missed the deadline so any other tactic wouldn't be appropriate.

03-29-09 01:50 PM
    1. To the best of my knowledge NO Verizon will not adopt the "my circle" plan. that was one of the things that will hold up the migration of Allel to Verizon

2. V-Cast is a plan for music devices like the Dare. it allows them to search mobile web without a per MB charge. It also is a service for downloading music. BB does not use mobile web/get it now if you were to have this service it would be another $15 on top of the $29.99 BIS
    1 Since alltel had the my circle thing..vzw has the Friends and family...

2 vcast is basically internet for regular phone they don't have to be music phones. But you will have more features if you have a music phone. like vcast videos and espn mvp.
    03-29-09 09:16 PM
    2 vcast is basically internet for regular phone they don't have to be music phones. But you will have more features if you have a music phone. like vcast videos and espn mvp.
    Not all phones are vCast capable. I don't believe any of the non-music capable ones are and some of the music capable ones are not.

Then again, I may be wrong. I allow one personal error per month and I need to use this month's allowance.

03-29-09 10:46 PM
    Not all phones are vCast capable. I don't believe any of the non-music capable ones are and some of the music capable ones are not.

Then again, I may be wrong. I allow one personal error per month and I need to use this month's allowance.

There are a few "non music" phones such as the LG 5500, Samsung 430 and
    Motorola 204 that technically are not VCast capable. But they can have
    another mobile web feature put on them that is very similar and costs the
    same as the VCast. They can do:
    Mobile Web mail, Mobile IM, & Chat
    Media Center Capable – Download Games, Ringtones, & More
    Mobile Web
    VZ Navigatorsm Capable
    Chaperone Parent/Child

As MauIS300 stated though they won't do the VCast Videos and ESPN MVP, but there is still a lot you can do.
    Last edited by sreneel77; 03-30-09 at 03:05 AM.
    03-30-09 03:02 AM
    Thank you. I think I might do a little looking around then. Although it's not like I'm stuck with a Lemon or anything. Even though the Curve is older, it seems to beat most other smart phones I've ever tried. Thanks.
    You're welcome. If you want a new phone and you are not eligable for an
    upgrade Ebay is always a good place to look. Just make sure of course
    that it is a Verizon phone and that the person has a good selling history.

I got my curve that way, and I have a friend who refuses to buy a phone
    in store she gets all of hers that way, you can find some great deals.

The Curve is still the number one selling phone world wide so you've got
    a good phone. I'm excited to see the Niagra though. As much as I like
    the storm I like having buttons to push.
    03-30-09 03:12 AM
    Do you know when a new OS will begin shipping with the Storm? I am thinking of upgrading, but and not very handy when it comes to upgrading or working with Beta OS.

Thanks !
    03-30-09 10:06 AM
    Okay so my contract is up early June of this year...and I have heard rumblings that the Niagara won't be out until July. How does that work? Will they let me pay month to month until it is released or will the force me to get another phone. Mind you I have only been with Verizon for two years so this is the first time that I have been through renewing a contract and this New Every 2 deal...lol

Thanks!
    03-30-09 11:55 AM
    Okay so my contract is up early June of this year...and I have heard rumblings that the Niagara won't be out until July. How does that work? Will they let me pay month to month until it is released or will the force me to get another phone. Mind you I have only been with Verizon for two years so this is the first time that I have been through renewing a contract and this New Every 2 deal...lol

Thanks!

Once your contract is up, you will automatically be put on month to month and you will not lose your New Every 2 credit.
    Last edited by gettinthere; 03-30-09 at 12:48 PM.
    03-30-09 12:09 PM
    Do you know when a new OS will begin shipping with the Storm? I am thinking of upgrading, but and not very handy when it comes to upgrading or working with Beta OS.

Thanks !
    Anyone ???
    03-30-09 01:49 PM
5,111 ... 6667686970 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD