View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 6566676869 ...
tools
    international texting from US to UK works on vodaphone, but not on O2 - messages are not getting delivered or received, thoughts? one of my colleagues has the storm and is experiencing this problem (we work for international company and need this to work), before i switch to verizon i want to find out why this is happening. thoughts?
    03-25-09 06:33 AM
    I read something yesterday about an issue going with the uk this might have something to with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 07:54 AM
    An update for anyone who happened upon my contribution to this thread and especially for those who responded -- My data charges were reduced to $30 for the month. I'm not sure which of the efforts taken by me or on my behalf bore fruit, but basically someone with enough pull called today and apologized for my long wait for follow up, easily and without much discussion discerned the simple fact that an honest mistake was made, and graciously offered to write the whole thing off. I really wanted to do something for her in return, which she of course declined. I figure one of the most meaningful things I can do at this point is to say, once again, that it's service like this that pursuades me to continue to put my family's trust in Verizon. Thanks.
    Really glad to hear you got it worked out! Yea VZW is among the best in customer service as WELL as having THE best quality network. (I know I KNOW ATT fans they are a close 2nd on Network)
    03-25-09 10:06 AM
    I am a VZW customer with an 8330. I am leaving for China next week. Is there anything I can do for it to work over there or do I need a world edition BB?
    03-26-09 12:45 PM
    You will need to get a world edition phone.

03-26-09 01:12 PM
    I just took my 8330 into VZW because the battery door release button popped out. They are replacing the bb because it is under warranty. Question is will it be new or a refurb?

03-26-09 01:50 PM
    I am a VZW customer with an 8330. I am leaving for China next week. Is there anything I can do for it to work over there or do I need a world edition BB?
    Call customer service and add the global email for cdma and global roam value plan. Cost is $64.99 and $4.99 per month respectively. Costs are prorated. Data will be unlimited, voice I'm not sure of.

You do NOT need a world edition.

03-26-09 02:19 PM
    I just took my 8330 into VZW because the battery door release button popped out. They are replacing the bb because it is under warranty. Question is will it be new or a refurb?

Refurbished phone

03-26-09 02:29 PM
    I downloaded the latest software to be able to sync my itunes with my storm, and I am getting this message "the blackberry media sync installation failed to initialize, please run the blackberry manager with administrative priveleges and try again. My question is this, do I have to reinstall the desktop manager? Thanks in advance!
    03-26-09 08:14 PM
    Right click on the exe icon and see if there is an option to run as admin

03-26-09 09:17 PM
    Thanks Lastraid, but once I do that, the start button is greyed out????
    03-26-09 09:59 PM
    OK..my son received an ENV 2 three months ago. He now wants a berry and is interested in giving my wife his ENV 2. She has an older flip phone but isn't due for an upgrade until late this year. I have the primary phone on the account and got my NE2 in January. I assume he would have to pay full price for the new berry. Would Verizon be willing to switch my wife's number to my son's ENV 2 when he purchases his berry?
    03-27-09 03:11 PM
    OK..my son received an ENV 2 three months ago. He now wants a berry and is interested in giving my wife his ENV 2. She has an older flip phone but isn't due for an upgrade until late this year. I have the primary phone on the account and got my NE2 in January. I assume he would have to pay full price for the new berry. Would Verizon be willing to switch my wife's number to my son's ENV 2 when he purchases his berry?
    Yes..it is called an alternate MDN. It is a very cool benefit when one line wantsto be upgraded but the line is not eligible but another line is. The customer can use the eligibility on that line and the phone can be programmed to work on another line. Call customer service and they may even allow an exception to the upgrade eligibility date if it is within 2-3 months..depends on the customer's standing with the account..good luck!!!
    03-27-09 03:33 PM
    Yes..it is called an alternate MDN. It is a very cool benefit when one line wantsto be upgraded but the line is not eligible but another line is. The customer can use the eligibility on that line and the phone can be programmed to work on another line. Call customer service and they may even allow an exception to the upgrade eligibility date if it is within 2-3 months..depends on the customer's standing with the account..good luck!!!
    Thank you so much for the info jay!! I'll give Verizon a call and see what they can work out for us.
    03-27-09 04:12 PM
    Thank you so much for the info jay!! I'll give Verizon a call and see what they can work out for us.
    And they won't charge you an $18 upgrade fee, like some carriers will.

03-27-09 05:37 PM
    Refurbished phone

Not necessarily. That tiny part is a known issue on the phone and chances are the techs in the store would have pieces to replace it instead of giving a whole different phone out.
    03-27-09 11:21 PM
    Yes, all this is for your wife is an ESN change. You are not using hers or
    your upgrades to change her phone. She will be using "customer provided
    equipment". This in no way affects either of your contracts either.
    You don't even call customer service or go into a store to make this change.
    You have two options to do yourself if you so choose. You can go online
    to verizonwireless.com and change it on your account on line or you can
    do a simple *228, send, option 3. If the account has a billing password
    (it will be 4 or 5 characters long) it will ask you to type that in, if not it
    will ask for the last 4 of the social of the main account holder.
    Or you can go to a store or call customer service to have them help you.

Now if one of you used the others upgrade to get a new phone that
    would be an alternate mdn upgrade. But it doesn't sound like that
    is what you are doing.
    Last edited by sreneel77; 03-28-09 at 12:11 AM.
    03-28-09 12:09 AM
    I love my VZ service. Never had any problems with them besides a small dead spot around my house.
    03-28-09 01:57 PM
    I love my VZ service. Never had any problems with them besides a small dead spot around my house.

03-28-09 02:14 PM
    Hi,

I just have a quick question. My old phone was starting to give up the ghost (a dreadful MotoQ9m) so I purchased a 8330 Curve (got it for $59, really good deal). However, I wish now in retrospect I'd went for the storm or just waited for the Niagara. In other words, I'm experiencing some slight buyer's remorse. Unfortunately, I'm about 5 days past my 30 day limit for returning a phone no questions asked. My question is, do VZW phone reps ever sell refurbished Blackberries (such as the storm)? Just wondering, thank you.
    03-28-09 02:33 PM
    i currently have the enV, i have had it for over a year. i am waiting for the niagara to come out because i would really like that as my next phone. what do i do if the niagara isnt out by the time my 2 year contract is up (november)??
    03-28-09 02:37 PM
    Go month to month till it does. You will not lose your new every two. That device should be out long before then, if the rumors are true
    03-28-09 02:42 PM
    i hope the rumors are true...they're saying my right>
    03-28-09 03:11 PM
    *may right?
    03-28-09 03:12 PM
    Thats the rumor
    03-28-09 03:15 PM
5,111 ... 6566676869 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD