View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 6364656667 ...
tools
    Well, tech support doesn't monitor insurance - billing & sales do that. I don't believe tech can even remove insurance in many cases.
    Many things have changed at VZW.

Tech can monitor insurance, Add and remove it

If jobs were done correctly, there would be be more denile of clams, and remove of insurance. It is just one of thise things that are over looked. For the most the money collected and claims never made, and those that do make the claim, then that is okay to. $50 more bucks in the bank
    03-17-09 07:13 PM
    Many things have changed at VZW.

Tech can monitor insurance, Add and remove it

If jobs were done correctly, there would be be more denile of clams, and remove of insurance. It is just one of thise things that are over looked. For the most the money collected and claims never made, and those that do make the claim, then that is okay to. $50 more bucks in the bank
    Okay, but can you see any potential issues under the above situation? Per Asurion's site, it won't go through and isn't it Asurion who will admin the claim?
    03-17-09 07:36 PM
    Yes, Assurion will admin the claim. Yes, I can cross reference the third party activation to the original purchase of the first curve. It is a pain, but I can do. Reviewing remarks on the account I can see the auto stamp for the first purchase, and the purchase of the storm. Now, I would not see one for the second curve and would know that this was not purchased from us. In this case it was purchased from us, but on another account. Since this was not purchased on this account, it would not be covered under warr anymore. Also when this device was added to the account the Insurance should have been removed.
    Last edited by lastraid; 03-17-09 at 07:47 PM.
    03-17-09 07:45 PM
    Yes, Assurion will admin the claim. Yes, I can cross reference the third party activation to the original purchase of the first curve. It is a pain, but I can do. Reviewing remarks on the account I can see the auto stamp for the first purchase, and the purchase of the storm. Now, I would not see one for the second curve and would know that this was not purchased from us. In this case it was purchased from us, but on another account. Since this was not purchased on this account, it would not be covered under warr anymore. Also when this device was added to the account the Insurance should have been removed.
    Exactly - the presence of insurance on the account does not give coverage to any old phone.

I recall someone screaming on a forum (might have been here) about a similar situation they got into trading phones. They never cancelled the insurance, then lost the phone. They called for a replacement but because the current phone was not the one activated on the account, they got a chargeback for full retail price of the replacement phone even though the rep hadn't checked & sent a replacement.

With the insurance, like anything else, requires the customer to follow certain rules. In this case, the second Curve would not be covered, no matter what a particular rep said.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-09 09:37 PM
    sorry for not searching if this has been answered. i manage my company's server and exchange server. what will happen if i try to do enterprise activation with the $29.99 plan? will it just not work or will i be charged or what? thanks for your help!
    03-17-09 11:54 PM
    Won't work. Enterprise activation isn't even an option.
    03-18-09 12:03 AM
    i have it as an option. i got the "dont delete this message" message. its just taking a LONG time to activate. if i have this option, do i even need to change my plan?
    03-18-09 12:30 AM
    There is no access to a BES with the email and web for blackberry feature. You must have the Blackberry Unlimited feature or be on an email plan.

03-18-09 11:50 AM
    Last week at my request customer service said the manager would call, and nobody has. The "contact us" link has not generated any response in 2.5 days. Please advise re: getting through.

03-18-09 12:58 PM
    Last week at my request customer service said the manager would call, and nobody has. The "contact us" link has not generated any response in 2.5 days. Please advise re: getting through.
    Maybe we need Weekendbum to put in a good word? I am dying to hear the resolution.

03-18-09 02:43 PM
    I have searched high and low - and I admit I am more confused than ever. My BB Curve can read Japanese fine that come through via emails - this is great.

Now - is it at all possible to get the East Asia language pack for the BB Curve, on Verizon, so that I can TYPE Japanese characters. I know Verizon is particular as to what software is loaded on the phone - so I am leery of loading some of the SPRINT and Taiwan OS upgrades I have seen.

Please help - this is a big deal for me and I really need to be able to type Japanese characters. I fully expect to type Romajii and then make selections of Kana / Kanji.

Thanks VERY MUCH in advance - I appreciate any help anyone can provide.
    03-18-09 09:48 PM
    I have searched high and low - and I admit I am more confused than ever. My BB Curve can read Japanese fine that come through via emails - this is great.

Now - is it at all possible to get the East Asia language pack for the BB Curve, on Verizon, so that I can TYPE Japanese characters. I know Verizon is particular as to what software is loaded on the phone - so I am leery of loading some of the SPRINT and Taiwan OS upgrades I have seen.

Please help - this is a big deal for me and I really need to be able to type Japanese characters. I fully expect to type Romajii and then make selections of Kana / Kanji.

Thanks VERY MUCH in advance - I appreciate any help anyone can provide.
    VZW may not offer any special language packs for your Curve, but don't think VZW is gonna give you a hard time about it. Yes VZW loves to sell it's own software like Vcast, VZ Nav, VVM....but we won't give you a hard time about it either.

Check in the Curve forums or 3rd party app forums for more info on the language packs. Just because VZW doesn't support 3rd party apps doesnt mean we don't want you using it. I sped a good part of my day telling customers what their Blackberries can and can not do and always refer them to CB for all the goods!
    03-19-09 07:15 AM
    VZW may not offer any special language packs for your Curve, but don't think VZW is gonna give you a hard time about it. Yes VZW loves to sell it's own software like Vcast, VZ Nav, VVM....but we won't give you a hard time about it either.

Check in the Curve forums or 3rd party app forums for more info on the language packs. Just because VZW doesn't support 3rd party apps doesnt mean we don't want you using it. I sped a good part of my day telling customers what their Blackberries can and can not do and always refer them to CB for all the goods!
    Thanks for the reply. But my question still stands - most of what I am reading regards to being able to READ Japanese - I can do that. I need to install the Japanese INPUT language - so I can TYPE Japanese. SO far I have seen no Verizon post from anyone saying they can WRITE Japanese - only READ (which I can already do).

Help with this matter will be greatly appreciated.
    03-19-09 10:09 AM
    Thanks for the reply. But my question still stands - most of what I am reading regards to being able to READ Japanese - I can do that. I need to install the Japanese INPUT language - so I can TYPE Japanese. SO far I have seen no Verizon post from anyone saying they can WRITE Japanese - only READ (which I can already do).

Help with this matter will be greatly appreciated.
    Unfortunately, the RIM language packs that render Japanese are (so far) only one way.

A solution offered up by a little firecracker I have running around the office (she is Japanese & drives a GMC 4x4 - go figure) is from NTT DotCoMo. See if it works for you.

NTT DOCOMO USA Namikiteru Namimail for BlackBerry

Please bear in mind she emailed this to me. I have no idea how it works or what the details are (I don't read/write Japanese, but have no problems visiting Japan), but knew she had some solution.

03-19-09 11:01 AM
    Dude. I have soooo many bad things to say to Verizon right now...
    Like??? What exactly is bad about Verizon specifically?
    03-19-09 08:59 PM
    I know this question may have already been asked here, and if it has I apologize in advance for asking again...

Does installing a new OS void any specific warranty terms with Verizon? Also, does installing third party apps, etc. do the same?

Thanks in advance
    03-19-09 09:02 PM
    VZW will tell you that installing an unofficial OS that hinders the performance of your device will void your warranty. VZW will NOT replace a device with an unofficial OS. RIM may say otherwise since it is RIM that actually writes the software. Best rule of thumb here is to perform a backup of your original .75 OS before you try the betas. Personally, I'm a tech suppt rep and I have no prob telling customers that I'm running .114, although I advise customers not to do the same.

As far as 3rd party apps....install away! If you need tech support for them, don't call VZW. However installing a 3rd party app like Slacker, Garmin, Iheartradio, etc will NOT void your warranty. Installing 3rd party apps on your blackberry is no different than installing HP or Adobe software on a Microsoft OS on your computer.
    03-19-09 09:08 PM
    Maybe we need Weekendbum to put in a good word? I am dying to hear the resolution.

I'm dealing with it.
    03-20-09 12:56 AM
    Frankly I would like to see you publicly explain the happenings in the post on the Verizons sub-forum:

think-twice-about-verizon-world-edition
    03-20-09 09:40 AM
    I'm dealing with it.
    And?

Come on - we're dying to hear the outcome!

03-20-09 10:01 AM
    Frankly I would like to see you publicly explain the happenings in the post on the Verizons sub-forum:
    Frankly, I would like people to keep things on-topic & not cross-post spam looking for answers to things.

Carrier reps are typically not trained in the inner workings or limitations on phones in international markets, so why don't you just let the normal course of that thread play out?

If all you need is a simple answer, your GSM phones will have similar issues in much of the Orient and VZW does have devices that will work in the areas of the Middle East referred to in that post. Also remember that it is RIM who designs, builds AND names their devices.

For those missing the link, it is: http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/thi...dition-186963/

03-20-09 10:16 AM
    Frankly, I would like people to keep things on-topic & not cross-post spam looking for answers to things.
    So posting a fact is spam? Or is it spam because it conflicts with the view of somebody on Verizon Kool-Aid?

Why can't the Verizon rep explain the problem? Or could it be he/she can't?
    03-20-09 11:50 AM
    I already replied to your topic. Many of your "facts" are false.

03-20-09 12:00 PM
    So posting a fact is spam? Or is it spam because it conflicts with the view of somebody on Verizon Kool-Aid?

Why can't the Verizon rep explain the problem? Or could it be he/she can't?
    The thread is current. Jumping in here to ask for a "public" response (as if it would be an official statement) when there were no current questions on the 8830WE, is poor message board etiquette and is considered cross-thread spam.

As for drinking any particular Kool-Aid, you may want to go on the wagon from that anti-VZW Kool-Aid. Most of the carriers, from AT&T to T-Mobile to VZW put food on my table, so I drink only from facts as I see them.

There is no problem. The 8830WE was designed, built and named by RIM, not VZW and the issue is not within the VZW network. VZW cannot affect the phone design nor the network conditions in the Middle East.

Get off your high-horse & post your questions in the correct forums. Soliciting here is definitely in poor form and your placing it here smacks of goading & baiting, much along the lines & practices of some carriers who plant employees on sites looking to start trouble.

03-20-09 01:03 PM
    I got a question i want answered.

Is tethering part of the plan or will I hit that so called 5gb cap, that no one can prove really exists or not.

Please answer that for me o mighty vzw gods!
    03-21-09 02:46 PM
5,111 ... 6364656667 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD