View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 6263646566 ...
tools
    then later on down the page it shows phone two has a 29.99 data plan. and the total monthly is 173.96. so i think this is adding the 44.99 unlimited bba plan to phone 1. I dont want that i just want the 29.99 data plan on both blackberries. Am i reading this wrong or is there something im missing? thanks all.
    Lastraid needs to learn to scroll up one or two - he IS the rep here.

I think you're okay, depending on the total number of minutes. Then again, the VZW online order tool for BlackBerrys is a bit confusing.

I would order it, then see what the sheet tells you in a couple days. If wrong, a quick call to 611 will fix it.

This way, you get the online incentives and the right plan too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-09 04:18 PM
    If it is on ATT I dount they will help as the PIN is being hung up on a VZW BIS account. VZW will not help at this point as it is a non active device on their network. Blackberry support might be able to do something at a huge cost to you. Good luck on this one my friend
    03-14-09 04:19 PM
    Lastraid needs to learn to scroll up one or two - he IS the rep here.
    Stop pickin on me! sniffle tear tear.
    03-14-09 04:21 PM

my unlocked storm is on att and i purchased the phone from someone on ebay who will not answer any emails after the sell. what rep should i call VRZ or BB?
    I would try RIM - I don't believe VZW would (or should) help with an exclusive Storm on a competitor's network.

They might though.

03-14-09 04:22 PM
    Thanks fo your help
    03-14-09 04:24 PM
    Stop pickin on me! sniffle tear tear.
    Hey! Your wife appreciates the help!

Its okay though - I see you're up to your armpits with those who want everyone else to fix their screwups.

03-14-09 04:25 PM
    Hey! Your wife appreciates the help!

Its okay though - I see you're up to your armpits with those who want everyone else to fix their screwups.

Two peas in a pod we are- I wish I could fix you
    03-14-09 04:28 PM
    Sometimes, with all the noise in the house, I wish I was fixed about 40 years ago.

03-14-09 04:34 PM
    lol thats awful...btw went to a verizon store and the numbers he told me were all fubar.. also told me i could use the pearl i bought my fiance, i had to buy another new phone from them to use on that number. Going to wait for the pearl i bought to come in and just do it online, hopefully the free pearls will still be an offer so i can have some backup phones
    03-14-09 09:00 PM
    I just signed up for verizon wireless...i switched from tmobile... i was wondering what my first bill should look like? i have 2 phones and both are storm's ...we have unlimited data and texting and the 1400 minutes
    03-16-09 08:46 AM
    $180 a month plus your partial month, taxes and activation if applicable.

03-16-09 11:40 AM
    I just signed up for verizon wireless...i switched from tmobile... i was wondering what my first bill should look like? i have 2 phones and both are storm's ...we have unlimited data and texting and the 1400 minutes
    Did the rep not print out a pro-rate receipt? We always print one out giving an estimate of the 1st bill. Its hard to tell without knowing the bill cycle, date you activated, etc.
    03-16-09 01:53 PM
    You should have got an estimate of your 1st month bill when you got your phone. I have gotten phones via the My Verizon, in store and via 611 and have always been given an estimate of my 1st months bill.

Did the rep not print out a pro-rate receipt? We always print one out giving an estimate of the 1st bill. Its hard to tell without knowing the bill cycle, date you activated, etc.

I get something like I said even if it is not in person and via the my Verizon or 611.
    03-16-09 02:42 PM
    What does Network Blocked in the sim status mean?
    I am trying to unlock the storm. when i enter mep2 the screen to enter the unlock code does not appear. Does this mean that the previous user tried to enter mep code to many times?
    I have os .75 and wiped using jl_comm. Also have original verizon sim card in it.
    03-16-09 04:59 PM
    It means the previous owner tried to unlock too many times.
    03-16-09 09:10 PM

my unlocked storm is on att and i purchased the phone from someone on ebay who will not answer any emails after the sell. what rep should i call VRZ or BB?
    Call RIM. Have a rep log into the Blackberry Admin site and they can delete the account that has your PIN tied up.
    03-17-09 09:19 AM
    I am trying to install slacker radio on my 8130 and I get a message stating the app is trying to acess something inside and outside firewall and that is not allowed with your IT policy. I do not have a IT policy set. Phone is a personal phone.

If I try to disable firewall , it will not let me(has red lock on it). If I run Crackutli and strip policy app runs fine.

However...

When I hook phone back up to PC to transfer address book back, the firewall re-enables and red-lock shows up and app stops running. All I do is hook up phone to pc and desktop manger enables and locks firewall. Why is that ???

I update desktop manager to 4.7 still samething.

Please Help
    03-17-09 10:25 AM
    I have currently starting using my BB email more frequently. I have called VZW and they transferred me over to a RIM rep only to have the RIM rep tell me there was nothing he could do. (This was after the VZW rep was off the phone) I would like to be able to access my bb email on my pc. I have outlook and have attempted to google as much as I could to possibly set up my bb email on outlook or at least to be able to get my bb email on my pc somehow. Can someone please help. I have BIS only.
    03-17-09 01:01 PM
    I have currently starting using my BB email more frequently. I have called VZW and they transferred me over to a RIM rep only to have the RIM rep tell me there was nothing he could do. (This was after the VZW rep was off the phone) I would like to be able to access my bb email on my pc. I have outlook and have attempted to google as much as I could to possibly set up my bb email on outlook or at least to be able to get my bb email on my pc somehow. Can someone please help. I have BIS only.
    Sorry, but there is no way to access your blackberry.net address from outside your BlackBerry. It is a RIM thing. Nothing VZW or any carrier can do about it. It is the way RIM provisions it.

03-17-09 01:53 PM
    I originally had a pink curve for a month and traded for the Storm. A month later I did a 3rd party trade and went back to a pink curve. I'm having issues with the Curve and was going to try and get a replacement, assuming it is within the one year warranty. But, the person before me seems to have tinkered with the phone and then water damage indicators are missing. What are my options short of an insurance claim?
    03-17-09 03:01 PM
    With what you described, the warranty is probably toast. I am unsure about any carrier insurance, as it is only for new devices when you purchase the policy within 15 days. So it would cover the Storm, and your third-party trade may have invalidated it.

Your only option may to be buying another phone.

03-17-09 03:09 PM
    I am still paying for my insurance and when activating my phone and speaking with tech support nothing was mentioned about the insurance being voided. Plus, it is a Verizon Curve so at some point was originally purchased through them.
    03-17-09 03:14 PM
    id say make the insurance claim and hope that they dont check the serial numbers since they dont match up.
    03-17-09 03:16 PM
    I am still paying for my insurance and when activating my phone and speaking with tech support nothing was mentioned about the insurance being voided. Plus, it is a Verizon Curve so at some point was originally purchased through them.
    Well, tech support doesn't monitor insurance - billing & sales do that. I don't believe tech can even remove insurance in many cases.

As far as matching numbers, that won't work, as Asurion is probably showing a Storm on the account.

Now some might say to claim you lost your Storm & Asurion would send you a new Storm, but before they pay, they do confirm records with VZW, and your old Storm would be deactivated and locked.

Any remedy might include credit of the monthly premium, but it isn't a VZW issue - Asurion sets the insurance policy and it explicitly states that second/third party purchases are not covered.

03-17-09 03:24 PM
    So I talked to Verizon. She was able to look up and see that the phone was purchased new in August. She said despite the missing indicators it is the tech's discretion as far as warranty replacement. I then asked if I was denied if I would be able to make an insurance claim and she said I had insurance on the account so it would be fine.

03-17-09 04:29 PM
5,111 ... 6263646566 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD