View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 6162636465 ...
tools
    Where is save or post button when editing posts from the blackberry. I needed to clean up last post but its not there. Oh well

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 01:24 AM
    Okay, so I currently have the LG EnV phone on Verizon...I have the 450 minute plan with unlimited text and unlimited data...and my bill comes to like $79.99...when I purchase my Blackberry (whenever the Niagara comes out) since I have the unlimited data plan already I should be alright or is there a different unlimited data plan for their Blackberry phones?

BB require a BB plan there are no exceptions on VZW. It is 29.99 for BIS or 44.99 for BES (corporate).
    03-13-09 02:51 AM
    No because I buy the phone on ebay

Is telus CDMA? If they are,the answer is no unless they will allow phones they don't sell on their system. If they are GSM, you will need to unlock the phone to allow it to use a different providers SIM.
    03-13-09 02:54 AM
    This question is location specific, so I hope someone may have an answer for me. My wife and I recently switched services from USCC to VZW, and both have BB 8330's. However, our numbers are from different area codes. Mine is 920 and hers is 715...from when we used to live in central WI. The problem we are having is that her BB has a temporary 920 phone number because VZW is currently unable to transfer her 715 number over. So we are still paying a USCC bill each month until VZW can do the transfer. The reason we have been given is that VZW is buying Alltel, and due to the merger, they are unable to transfer any 715 area code numbers over. I know someone is going to say to just take the new number and forget the old one (I tried this argument with the wife too) but due to having to tell EVERYONE the new number, and contact businesses and credit cards etc, it would be more of a hastle than it is worth, so we have decided to keep her 715 number. Back to my question...does anyone in the VZW world have any idea as to when this merger will be done, and when we should be able to transfer the number over to VZW and her BB, and get rid of the temporary number...and the USCC bill? I have asked the local reps but they tell me they don't have a time frame on it other than sometime this year. Thanks again!
    03-13-09 04:20 AM
    Hi,
    VZW WDS rep here...
    be happy to field q's too
    03-13-09 08:08 AM
    Forgive me for not wading through this entire thread if these questions have already been answered previously, but I reviewed the first ten pages or so and did not see it anywhere...

I have been a US Cellular customer for about 7 years. Last June, I moved to a "fringe" area of their network and barely get service at home. My wife and I do not have a landline phone (we've used cell exclusively for about 4 years now). VZW recently moved into my area, and when they turned on their network, I notice when I roam on VZW, I get 3 bars to full signal on my Curve, so we're considering switching over. I've gotten to enjoy certain third party apps, along with downloading my own ringtones, themes and wallpaper and using built in GPS with US Cellular because they do not "lock out" any of those features. I've heard that VZW locks certain features. My question is, if we switch, what limitations will I face that I have not had to deal with on US Cellular's network? I spoke to the rep at the store and he seemed uncertain as to what would be limited or not limited. A co-worker has recently switched to VZW and said that they have changed, and his Storm is not "locked" and he is able to download third party apps and transfer ringtones and wallpaper to his phone without issue...is this true? Also, in your experience and opinion, should I switch to VZW?

Your help and input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time!

Rob
    Ok, got the answer that I can still use most third party apps I'm using now, and also, won't be able to use GPS without VZnav.

Anything else that would be good to know before I make the decision to sign with VZW?

Given the lack of signal at my home, coupled with the constant switching between US Cellular and VZW towers, any advise on getting out of ETF with US Cellular. Still have one year left on contract.

Does Verizon allow other carrier's CDMA equipment on their network?
    03-13-09 09:32 AM
    Quick question. I have a family plan with just a primary line and a secondary line.

The primary line is bound to a contract while the secondary line is month to month at the moment.

My question is: Is it possible to change primary line's number to the secondary line's number and vice versa, then reactivate our same phones on the lines (so basically lines trade numbers AND phones)?? Also would the contract stay on the primary line regardless of number/phone? Thanks
    03-13-09 07:52 PM
    Yes this can be done. They will swap the ESN's and the price plan numbers, which change primary and secondary line. This will do what you asking
    03-13-09 08:00 PM
    Quick question?? Some one told me that Verizon counts your BB Messenger messages against your txting plan?? Is this true? They said that they read it on the Verizon Website. I could not find it anywhere?

03-13-09 08:01 PM
    BBM uses data....not text

03-13-09 08:02 PM
    Quick question?? Some one told me that Verizon counts your BB Messenger messages against your txting plan?? Is this true? They said that they read it on the Verizon Website. I could not find it anywhere?

It is wrong, BBM uses data not texting
    03-13-09 08:02 PM
    That's what I thought. They said that verizon counts them as txts and not data like other carriers? I was very skeptical but was not sure?? Thanks

03-13-09 08:12 PM
    That's what I thought. They said that verizon counts them as txts and not data like other carriers? I was very skeptical but was not sure??
    I've heard some IM applications count as texts, but I am 110% positive there is no charge for using BBM.
    03-13-09 08:44 PM
    Yes this can be done. They will swap the ESN's and the price plan numbers, which change primary and secondary line. This will do what you asking
    Thx for the info!
    03-13-09 09:49 PM
    Is Verizon aware of the speakerphone blast issue with the 4.5.0.77 OS? I have gone through 6 different phones and everyone I talk with tells me this is the first they've ever heard of this issue. I know the fix for this is to install the Sprint 4.5.0.131 but that voids the warranty on the phone with Verizon. Is Verizon holding something back from its customers and techs?
    03-13-09 10:10 PM
    Is Verizon aware of the speakerphone blast issue with the 4.5.0.77 OS? I have gone through 6 different phones and everyone I talk with tells me this is the first they've ever heard of this issue. I know the fix for this is to install the Sprint 4.5.0.131 but that voids the warranty on the phone with Verizon. Is Verizon holding something back from its customers and techs?

Yes we know about the speaker phone blast. It is a documented issue that has been escalated to RIM. I doubt it will fixed until VZW get a version that will be released.
    03-13-09 10:15 PM
    Yes we know about the speaker phone blast. It is a documented issue that has been escalated to RIM. I doubt it will fixed until VZW get a version that will be released.
    The sad thing is that we have over 30 of these things running around on people's belts here - and not a one has heard this speaker blast. And if you read far enough, you will find those with the speaker blast issue saying 4.5.0.131 does not fix the problem.

Pull your battery, look at the sticker near your MicroSD carrier. Where was your phone assembled? Is it Canada or Mexico? All of ours are of Canadian origin. Where am I heading with this? Well, it is simple. If I run 4.5.0.77 on multiple devices with no speaker blast, then why do you get it? Different firmware? Different hardware? There have been several firmware revisions for the Curve and it has been reported that different components may have been used on Canadian units than on Mexican ones.

I've not seen any firmware updates for the 83XX series in the past year and updating an OS doesn't necessarily update the firmware. And neither firmware nor software updates will correct a hardware issue.

And yes, I've heard of some people saying an OS change lessened/increased/eliminated/caused the speaker blast, but they usually also say that reverting to their old OS didn't fix their 'new' issue. I think some of these may be dismissable simply because they are Internet claims - they didn't know they had it before until they read about the problem on the Internet.

Now it gets tougher. RIM has supposedly refused warranty claims for this supposed speaker blast issue and has not confirmed the cause. It existed before .77 and has been reported on .131 and on GSM Curves with various OS releases. What this tells me is that it may not be correctable via software.

And if it is not correctable via software, the odds of any carrier being able to fix the issue becomes even more remote.

We have the same OS software downloaded from the same RIM site, branded for VZW.

All I know is when I press the button on my phone, I am not sure it actually did anything unless I put the phone up to my ear & say "Hello."
    03-13-09 11:21 PM
    Both the wife get this issue. It is so rare we do not worry about it. Seems like there is fix in .131. SO install it. If you are worried about warr. issues with you carrier, just roll it back.
    Last edited by lastraid; 03-14-09 at 12:17 PM.
    03-14-09 08:15 AM
    I have the speaker issue about once every 15 or 20 calls.

Not that big of deal to me.

03-14-09 11:20 AM
    I have 3 curves right now because of all the replacements I've gone through in the last 4 weeks. 2 of them are made in Mexico and 1 is made in Canada. Unfortunately all 3 have had the speakerphone blast. Now I know this doesn't make the phone unusable but it is very fustrating when receieving a call in the office/meeting and having the speakerphone pick up. It is an inconvenience at the least.

I'm more fustrated that everyone I speak with at verzion, both in store and over the phone, say they have no idea of this issue. I have duplicated the speakerphone blast for a tech in the store with a new phone right out of the box.

I have done the upgrade to the 4.5.0.131 and it seems to have fixed the problem for the time being. This OS does have plateform 3.4.0.25 where the 4.5.0.77 has platform 3.2.0.51. Is the platform the same as the firmware?
    03-14-09 01:33 PM
    The platform does include firmware updates. So there might be a fix after all.
    03-14-09 02:31 PM
    so im trying to price out adding another blackberry and making a family share plan. When i get to the final page before checking out it says this:

Recurring monthly charges $97.99 Monthly
    Review Features $45.98 Monthly

then later on down the page it shows phone two has a 29.99 data plan. and the total monthly is 173.96. so i think this is adding the 44.99 unlimited bba plan to phone 1. I dont want that i just want the 29.99 data plan on both blackberries. Am i reading this wrong or is there something im missing? thanks all.
    03-14-09 03:55 PM
    Every time i try to set up my email, i get the message my pin is in use?? please help!!!
    03-14-09 03:59 PM
    Did you buy this device used? If so the pin is assigned to another BIS account. you can contact the seller to delete the account or do a change device, or if a rep will do it then that will free the pin for you.
    03-14-09 04:09 PM
    Did you buy this device used? If so the pin is assigned to another BIS account. you can contact the seller to delete the account or do a change device, or if a rep will do it then that will free the pin for you.

my unlocked storm is on att and i purchased the phone from someone on ebay who will not answer any emails after the sell. what rep should i call VRZ or BB?
    03-14-09 04:14 PM
5,111 ... 6162636465 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD