View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 5859606162 ...
tools
    I just found this thread today. I need help!! Here's my issue.

I had an issue with my BB receiving e-mail from one of two of my e-mail accounts. While the Verizon rep was assiting me, he deleted the e-mail account from my service. As soon as he did that, my calendar which always appears on my home screen disappeared. My calendar still exists except that now every time I click on it, it says "Organizing Calendar."

Eventually, they set up that same e-mail account again but I still can't see my calendar on my home screen. I spoke to a senior RIM rep whom helped me to regain e-mail access and he said that the service book for my calendar was likely attached to that e-mail account. I saw that someone suggested going into Advanced Options and switching the account...I did that...but there is no change. I also switched to another theme and then back again with the same results. I also re-sent my service books.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
    03-08-09 07:16 PM
    Any idea when 4.5.0.188 will be released for the Curve? The speakerphone blast from .77 is quite annoying ....
    03-08-09 07:18 PM
    Any idea when 4.5.0.188 will be released for the Curve? The speakerphone blast from .77 is quite annoying ....
    It will be released sometime after today. The same as every other unreleased piece of hardware and software

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-09 07:37 PM
    Could be a sour goodbye...

My most recent bill is over $700, and $666 of that is from data usage. I thought surely there was a mistake -- I have the BB unlimitted data plan. When I spoke with customer service, they said it was all bona-fide data usage and I would have to pay.

I cried foul, and had them look into the usage. Thy said it had all been used on an older LG 8300 I'd activated over the course of a few days in the billing cycle when my Storm had to be replaced. I had to laugh -- I had not used the 8300 WAP browser, even when it was my main phone and certaily couldn't imagine what kind of acrobatics I'd have to push that peeshooter of a browser to in order to get over $600 in charges. But they insisted it was all legitimate and I'd have to pay.

I demanded to speak with a supervisor, and we figured out that when I had called to activate the LG and begun waiting for my replacement Storm, the data package had been suspended -- which I had not been alerted to. Meanwhile, while I was waiting for the replacement, I had been tinkering with the damaged Storm. Hence the data usage.

I thought that would be an easy fix, but was outraged to learn that the supervisor would only credit my account %50 of the charges -- in other words the best she was willing to do was to cut the charges to $333. I let her know I expected more assistance than this and asked why she wouldn't extend more credit. She said it wasn't Verizon's "fault" though she understood that if I had been told that the data package was being suspended I would have simply put the phone up and never have incurred several hundred dollars worth of charges.

I told her I would likely end services with Verizon, thanked her insofar as the credit she was willing to extend would cut into the cost of doing so. I arranged to speak with her supervisor tomorrow (Monday, 3/9) just to see if there was anything more the next in command could do -- I mean I went from zero assistance to %50 on this call, it seems premature to assume that's where it will end.

But -- if there is no effort to work with me I'm going to force the issue as to which is in their interest -- keeping a long-term customer by extending full credit on this matter and thus assuring themselves another $2000 (20 months left on my contract @ over $100/month of services), or insisting I pay $333 now. For me and my family, the choice would be obvious...pay now but then it's bye bye Verizon Wireless.
    What I don't understand is this; if you activated your LG on the Blackberry line, that would have left the Blackberry dead and unable to use as even a data device.
    03-08-09 07:40 PM
    Hi,

I just switched to Verizon and have horrible signal in my home. I get 0 to 2 bars inside and 4 bars outside. I have a WIEX yx-510 pcs/cel repeater that I have not installed. I want to buy the external antenna for the unit but I need to know if Verizon uses 850 or 1900 mhz in my area. All signs point to 1900 only but I want to get the right antenna or the dual band antenna.

Any help would be appreciated..
    03-08-09 07:49 PM
    It will be released sometime after today. The same as every other unreleased piece of hardware and software

Thank you for that elucidating and insightful piece of information.
    03-08-09 08:22 PM
    Could be a sour goodbye...

My most recent bill is over $700, and $666 of that is from data usage. I thought surely there was a mistake -- I have the BB unlimitted data plan. When I spoke with customer service, they said it was all bona-fide data usage and I would have to pay.

I cried foul, and had them look into the usage. Thy said it had all been used on an older LG 8300 I'd activated over the course of a few days in the billing cycle when my Storm had to be replaced. I had to laugh -- I had not used the 8300 WAP browser, even when it was my main phone and certaily couldn't imagine what kind of acrobatics I'd have to push that peeshooter of a browser to in order to get over $600 in charges. But they insisted it was all legitimate and I'd have to pay.

I demanded to speak with a supervisor, and we figured out that when I had called to activate the LG and begun waiting for my replacement Storm, the data package had been suspended -- which I had not been alerted to. Meanwhile, while I was waiting for the replacement, I had been tinkering with the damaged Storm. Hence the data usage.

I thought that would be an easy fix, but was outraged to learn that the supervisor would only credit my account %50 of the charges -- in other words the best she was willing to do was to cut the charges to $333. I let her know I expected more assistance than this and asked why she wouldn't extend more credit. She said it wasn't Verizon's "fault" though she understood that if I had been told that the data package was being suspended I would have simply put the phone up and never have incurred several hundred dollars worth of charges.

I told her I would likely end services with Verizon, thanked her insofar as the credit she was willing to extend would cut into the cost of doing so. I arranged to speak with her supervisor tomorrow (Monday, 3/9) just to see if there was anything more the next in command could do -- I mean I went from zero assistance to %50 on this call, it seems premature to assume that's where it will end.

But -- if there is no effort to work with me I'm going to force the issue as to which is in their interest -- keeping a long-term customer by extending full credit on this matter and thus assuring themselves another $2000 (20 months left on my contract @ over $100/month of services), or insisting I pay $333 now. For me and my family, the choice would be obvious...pay now but then it's bye bye Verizon Wireless.
    Dealing with Verizon customer service over the phone is like banging your head against the wall. Go to the Verizon store and beg for help. If someone "inside" is advocating on your behalf you stand a chance of getting this corrected.
    03-08-09 08:24 PM
    Hi,

I just switched to Verizon and have horrible signal in my home. I get 0 to 2 bars inside and 4 bars outside. I have a WIEX yx-510 pcs/cel repeater that I have not installed. I want to buy the external antenna for the unit but I need to know if Verizon uses 850 or 1900 mhz in my area. All signs point to 1900 only but I want to get the right antenna or the dual band antenna.

Any help would be appreciated..
    If you have a wireless network in your home and the router is VPN capable. There is an awesome new device called the network extender. This device cost is 249.99 and when set up will give you full bars in the house. If you are getting 4 outside and 0-2 inside this is building issue that is stopping penetration of signal.

You can check it at Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, Cell Phone Accessories - Verizon Wireless do a search for network extender.
    03-08-09 08:24 PM
    I just found this thread today. I need help!! Here's my issue.

I had an issue with my BB receiving e-mail from one of two of my e-mail accounts. While the Verizon rep was assiting me, he deleted the e-mail account from my service. As soon as he did that, my calendar which always appears on my home screen disappeared. My calendar still exists except that now every time I click on it, it says "Organizing Calendar."

Eventually, they set up that same e-mail account again but I still can't see my calendar on my home screen. I spoke to a senior RIM rep whom helped me to regain e-mail access and he said that the service book for my calendar was likely attached to that e-mail account. I saw that someone suggested going into Advanced Options and switching the account...I did that...but there is no change. I also switched to another theme and then back again with the same results. I also re-sent my service books.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
    Nevermind...I found the answer.
    03-08-09 09:25 PM
    Thanks Noah W. -- the in person thing may indeed be the way to go, though I'd be pretty dissappointed given the truly stellar customer service support I've received whenever I've called VZW up to now. Inversely my experience in VZW stores has been truly irritating. Maybe I'll bring in my two baby boys to really butter them up.

The ironic thing in this case is that the language in the customer agreement calls it a "courtesy" to waive monthly fees for lost or damaged phones while a device is being recovered or repaired. Needless to say in my case I wish I'd been extended the courtesy of being told my data package was being cancelled while the dumbphone stood in on the line.

I've had two other cases when I've gone off plan and used more air time than I had coverage for. The first time my second son was born and I used beaucoup minutes -- I simply paid the overage to the tune of $300+. The second time I was using a silly Get It Now game while failing to realize that used air time. I caught it before the end of the billing cycle and simply upped my plan to cover the overage rather than paying through the nose for the minutes...

I don't know why this shold be any different than the second incident.
    03-09-09 02:53 AM
    I did a search for this but came up empty handed. I am wondering if I can put two phone numbers onto one BB 8330. My work phone issued to me by my employer is on Verizon (Not BB), and my personal number is also on Verizon (BB 8330). I am wondering if I can have both numbers on my personal BB so I don't have to carry around 2 phones and somehow switch between the two as nessessary. I know I can forward one phone to the other, however, that isn't the perfect option for me. Can I do this and how do I do it if I can. Thanks!
    03-09-09 05:51 AM
    I did a search for this but came up empty handed. I am wondering if I can put two phone numbers onto one BB 8330. My work phone issued to me by my employer is on Verizon (Not BB), and my personal number is also on Verizon (BB 8330). I am wondering if I can have both numbers on my personal BB so I don't have to carry around 2 phones and somehow switch between the two as nessessary. I know I can forward one phone to the other, however, that isn't the perfect option for me. Can I do this and how do I do it if I can. Thanks!
    Simple answer is no. You are not able to do this. There's a technical answer to this, I know, but I'm not sure of it right off the top of my head. I just know the answer is no.

03-09-09 09:46 AM
    I recently got a replacement phone from vzw and it came loaded with 4.5 and i dont have HTML email on it and i have tried resending the service books and everything. Any idea how to fix that?
    03-09-09 09:49 PM
    Actually, you can. All BlackBerrys are Dual-NAM (Number Assignment Module) capable. The BlackBerry data plan has to be on NAM1 as NAM2 will not support it.

Now, here lies the rub. You cannot have a BlackBerry on VZW without a BlackBerry data plan. So talking them into no plan on the second NAM might be your biggest hurdle. It may be impossible with the way VZW's system is programmed. I know most carriers simply say no to using BlackBerry secondary NAMs on their network.

The last thing is this - with multi-NAM phones, it isn't like a multi-line office phone. Only one line can be active at a time. If you're on NAM2 & someone calls you on NAM1, they will go straight to VM as if your phone were turned off.

Where multi-NAM phones were used was in moving from one network to another in the days before national calling plans. Years ago, I might have had an Airtouch phone that only gave me non-roaming coverage in one or two states. But I spent a lot of time in New England, too. It might have been beneficial to have a second account with Bell Atlantic rather than pay roaming or long distance charges while on the other coast.

These days, you can live in New York with a VZW phone using a 415 or 619 area code and it won't cost you extra.

03-09-09 10:26 PM
    Thanks for the reply and information. I guess I will keep doing what I have been doing as I think a BB data plan through my employer would be out of the question.

03-09-09 11:02 PM
    Actually, you can. All BlackBerrys are Dual-NAM (Number Assignment Module) capable. The BlackBerry data plan has to be on NAM1 as NAM2 will not support it.

Now, here lies the rub. You cannot have a BlackBerry on VZW without a BlackBerry data plan. So talking them into no plan on the second NAM might be your biggest hurdle. It may be impossible with the way VZW's system is programmed. I know most carriers simply say no to using BlackBerry secondary NAMs on their network.

The last thing is this - with multi-NAM phones, it isn't like a multi-line office phone. Only one line can be active at a time. If you're on NAM2 & someone calls you on NAM1, they will go straight to VM as if your phone were turned off.

Where multi-NAM phones were used was in moving from one network to another in the days before national calling plans. Years ago, I might have had an Airtouch phone that only gave me non-roaming coverage in one or two states. But I spent a lot of time in New England, too. It might have been beneficial to have a second account with Bell Atlantic rather than pay roaming or long distance charges while on the other coast.

These days, you can live in New York with a VZW phone using a 415 or 619 area code and it won't cost you extra.

Just an FYI.

VZW will not support not allow a duel nam on any device
    03-10-09 05:26 PM
    so stupid question but my replacement fone came today and it was just in a brown box, its totally a refurb right?
    03-10-09 05:52 PM
    Just an FYI.

VZW will not support not allow a duel nam on any device
    I don't believe any carriers officially support it, with some prohibiting it.

I do know its usefulness is past, unless they come up with an actual multi-line phone.

And, while not allowed, I can get a dual-NAM phone working with Sprint on one side, VZW on the other. You need to work on the sly, though and you will have to figure it out on your own. It isn't difficult.

03-10-09 06:00 PM
    so stupid question but my replacement fone came today and it was just in a brown box, its totally a refurb right?
    The short answer? Yes.

The long answer? Yes, si, da.

03-10-09 06:02 PM
    The short answer? Yes.

The long answer? Yes, si, da.

thanks
    should i keep it? or try and fight for a new phone
    03-10-09 06:06 PM
    From what I understand, if the replacement phone is over 30 days old or an Asurion insurance claim, it is a refurb where available. Not much to fight over, as this is standard industry practice - AND - a huge reason I don't do carrier insurance.

03-10-09 06:26 PM
    From what I understand, if the replacement phone is over 30 days old or an Asurion insurance claim, it is a refurb where available. Not much to fight over, as this is standard industry practice - AND - a huge reason I don't do carrier insurance.

good point, im just upset, see that they sent me a refurb one and i mean it is after 30 days but the one they originally sent me wasnt awesome fantastic and well i have picutres of how it came in a smashed box but i tried to live with it but now its really bothering me
    03-10-09 06:28 PM
    I don't believe any carriers officially support it, with some prohibiting it.

I do know its usefulness is past, unless they come up with an actual multi-line phone.

And, while not allowed, I can get a dual-NAM phone working with Sprint on one side, VZW on the other. You need to work on the sly, though and you will have to figure it out on your own. It isn't difficult.

HAHA VZW I can handle, getting Sprints info is the hard part, but I am sure it is obtainable
    03-10-09 07:33 PM
    You would need to activate a NAM on Sprint.

They technically don't allow it, but what they don't know...

03-10-09 09:31 PM
    good point, im just upset, see that they sent me a refurb one and i mean it is after 30 days but the one they originally sent me wasnt awesome fantastic and well i have picutres of how it came in a smashed box but i tried to live with it but now its really bothering me
    What is the condition of this one?

Was the original (new) one the one that was smashed?

03-10-09 09:33 PM
5,111 ... 5859606162 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD