View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 09:42 AM
5,111 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Sorry I was gone so long. I kept an eye on the site but was focused on my new project.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...d=1#post755957

I have been working 7 days a week 9 hr days. had to do something else for a little bit to clear my head.

Looks like everything here is going ok. Except for a little house cleaning by the moderator.

Any other questions??? I have to keep the old brain between my ears going.
    Last edited by amusick; 09-24-08 at 06:14 PM.
    09-24-08 06:09 PM
    Can't you simply renew your contract online (purchase phone at new 2 year contract price)? You won't get your NE2 discount, but you will get the online price for the new phone. A new 2 year contract will activate on your account from the date you activate the new phone.
    If you are eligable for the upgrade you can
    09-24-08 06:16 PM
    Can't you simply renew your contract online (purchase phone at new 2 year contract price)? You won't get your NE2 discount, but you will get the online price for the new phone. A new 2 year contract will activate on your account from the date you activate the new phone.
    No. You cannot upgrade again after 3 months. The earliest is an annual upgrade.
    Gforce stated they upgraded to the Curve 3 months ago.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-08 06:22 PM
    Purchasing online at discounted pricing is only possible if you are looking to add a second line of service to your account if you are not eligible to upgrade.
    Last edited by dionsb; 09-24-08 at 09:36 PM.
    09-24-08 09:32 PM
    Can I take my Curve to Verizon and have it upgraded to OS 4.5?
    Stores do not have the equipment to do this upgrade. This needs to be dowloaded to the computer where you have desktop manager installed. Then intalled though the application loader. Also keep im mind that at this time 4.5 is not relased by VZW.
    09-24-08 09:59 PM
    cool thanks for the info...any insite as to when VZW will release it?
    There has been no official info yet as to the release date. Sorry. I am waiting as well
    09-24-08 10:22 PM
    Yes this is known issue. The OS should have a fix for this. Also try to activate your voice dial then cancel it. I hear this works and is easier than pulling the battery each time.
    09-24-08 10:29 PM
    I'm having a problem. I tried to get ringtones (more ringtones) from myxertones and it's not allowing it to be sent to my phone because it says that my carrier does not allow it. Did Verizon block that from my phone?
    09-25-08 04:57 PM
    Are you able to save the files to your pc, then copy then over......
    09-25-08 05:31 PM
    Are you able to save the files to your pc, then copy then over......
    I didn't try that. I'll try it when I get home later.
    09-25-08 05:49 PM
    I have been able to get ringtones from jsut about anywhere. Even from CB. VZW does not block sites at all. How are you tryng to get them to the phone?
    09-25-08 05:49 PM
    Ok, so I am on a family share plan (1 BB and 1 regular phone) and here very very soon I will be upgrading the current BB to a Storm at which time either my husband will also get a Storm or take my 8830. What is the cheapest way for both of us to have at least 1400 shared minutes, txt, and BIS? And, with this being the age of gadgets...why doesn't VZW offer a BB family plan?
    09-25-08 05:57 PM
    I logged into my account to have it sent and it was saying that it is unable to send to my phone because my carrier does not allow it. I have no idea what is going on because I was able to get quite a few ringtones on my phone when I first got it about two and a half weeks ago.
    09-25-08 05:59 PM
    If this is case, I would call the serve that you are trying to get the tones from. As I said before VZW does not block sites. Good luck. Keep im mind there are million other places to get ringtones as well.
    09-25-08 06:03 PM
    Ok, so I am on a family share plan (1 BB and 1 regular phone) and here very very soon I will be upgrading the current BB to a Storm at which time either my husband will also get a Storm or take my 8830. What is the cheapest way for both of us to have at least 1400 shared minutes, txt, and BIS? And, with this being the age of gadgets...why doesn't VZW offer a BB family plan?
    Have you looked on the VZW website? I pay $139.99 a month for 2100 minutes, $9.99 for my second line, and $29.99 a month for the unlimited data package. All said and done, it come out to around $200.00 each month after all taxes, surcharges, and other fees. Keep in mind that I only have a data plan on one line, so your bill may be higher.

(I'm not a Verizon rep - just throwing in my two cents to help. Aaaaaaaand I'm out. )
    09-25-08 06:09 PM
    I have an 8830 and have about three questions:

What is the deal with two-way wireless synch. Can it happen or not? Someone at VZW BB support told me it couldn't, but I know someone else at work who tells me she can. She also has VZW (and we both must be BIS because our BBs are not corporate issued and hooked to company server). My emails that I open/delete on my desktop are still showing as unread on my BB. I have an unlimited data plan. If it can happen with email, can it happen with other Outlook 2003 things (like calendar, etc).

I am running DM version 4.2...something. Can/Should I download a newer version. Where can I download an update from verizon or an update that will be compatible with my carrier.

I accidently imported about 7 years of appointments into my BB (I'm new at this). I asked a VSW BB support person about this and asked how I could erase everything in my calendar on my device and start over. They said I had to wipe and restart my device. I did and now my call quality is horrible. Not sure if it is because of the wipe or a problem in my area. I guess I just call back, but I wondered if there was an obvious setting that I need to fix on the BB.

Thanks!
    09-25-08 09:22 PM
    I have an 8830 and have about three questions:

What is the deal with two-way wireless synch. Can it happen or not? Someone at VZW BB support told me it couldn't, but I know someone else at work who tells me she can. She also has VZW (and we both must be BIS because our BBs are not corporate issued and hooked to company server). My emails that I open/delete on my desktop are still showing as unread on my BB. I have an unlimited data plan. If it can happen with email, can it happen with other Outlook 2003 things (like calendar, etc).

I am running DM version 4.2...something. Can/Should I download a newer version. Where can I download an update from verizon or an update that will be compatible with my carrier.

I accidently imported about 7 years of appointments into my BB (I'm new at this). I asked a VSW BB support person about this and asked how I could erase everything in my calendar on my device and start over. They said I had to wipe and restart my device. I did and now my call quality is horrible. Not sure if it is because of the wipe or a problem in my area. I guess I just call back, but I wondered if there was an obvious setting that I need to fix on the BB.

Thanks!
    1. 2 way WS will not happen, unless you are on BES server. If you read the mail in outlook, it will be unread on your device.

2. The Desktop can be upgraded, but has featues that are supported on your device like roxio media manager. you can go to BlackBerry® Software Updates to get the lastest DM for your system

3. To earse the calendar on the device to start over wipe is a good way to go. Did the rep walk through it with you? Did you reprogram the phone *228 opt 1 and do another register now after the wipe?

to do the register now do the following:

options>advanced options>host routing table>menu button>register now.
    Last edited by lastraid; 09-25-08 at 09:41 PM.
    09-25-08 09:29 PM
    unlocked BB wont work on verizons network? im on att now but want to switch but keep my berry can i?
    09-25-08 09:35 PM
    Att device work on different technolgy -GSM, VZW is on CDMA. Sorry will not work
    09-25-08 09:43 PM
    1. 2 way WS will not happen, unless you are on BES server. If you read the mail in outlook, it will be unread on your device.

2. The Desktop can be upgraded, but has featues that are supported on your device like roxio media manager. you can go to BlackBerry® Software Updates to get the lastest DM for your system

3. To earse the calendar on the device to start over wipe is a good way to go. Did the rep walk through it with you? Did you reprogram the phone *228 opt 1 and do another register now after the wipe?

to do the register now do the following:

options>advanced options>host routing table>menu button>register now.
    2 Way wireless sync works with yahoo email accounts as well on BIS.
    09-25-08 11:38 PM
    I've had this issue since I switched to Verizon in May. I've called various people/departments, gone to a Verizon store to speak with a technician and emailed. This issue is that if I text someone they get my message but when they respond I don't get theirs. Or if they send me an original texts I don't get it. Now I get text from other Verizon Wireless people and one friend who has Altell. Anyone else I get nothing. My brother has Virgin Mobile and the only was I get a response from him is if he sends me a picture message. So what's the deal? It's not a huge deal but it's kind of annoying.

Thanks!!
    09-26-08 11:28 AM
    Okay I was able to figure something out with myxer
    I'm still unable to get the ringtones that are already made sent to my phone
    But I'm able to make my own ringtones and send them to my phone
    I suppose that is better
    But now I can no longer be lazy
    09-26-08 12:07 PM
    I've had this issue since I switched to Verizon in May. I've called various people/departments, gone to a Verizon store to speak with a technician and emailed. This issue is that if I text someone they get my message but when they respond I don't get theirs. Or if they send me an original texts I don't get it. Now I get text from other Verizon Wireless people and one friend who has Altell. Anyone else I get nothing. My brother has Virgin Mobile and the only was I get a response from him is if he sends me a picture message. So what's the deal? It's not a huge deal but it's kind of annoying.

Thanks!!
    I have helped a few people with this problum. And have had the problum. It grts stuck in the server and sometimes will come through days later. Dial *228 send option 1 (even if you have done it a ton of times) then pull your battery for 10 sec then put it back on. dial the *228 again option 1. when that all dont test it out. if that does not work call tech support and tell them what you have done. and see if they can reload your text package to kick it in the ****. see if that does it. (DONT CALL TECH ON YOUR CELL PHONE)
    09-26-08 02:17 PM
    Can we talk costs? This is totally not BB related. My girlfriends Razr recently went to the crapper. Half the keys on the keypad don't work. Seems like she needs a keypad\keypad ribbon replacement. This happened like right after I got my BB so she is now using my old phone (which I would like to have back in case I need a backup) What kinda cost am I looking at to get this repaired at a VZW store? Can it even be done since it is no longer online (Razr V3c)? She is due for an upgrade soon I am sure but is going to school and money is tight plus she likes the Razr just fine still. A PM would be fine if costs cannot be publicly discussed. I know I can pick up a keypad online for in the $10 range, but I just don't feel like fooling with it. I am completely confident I could do the repair easily, I just don't want to.
    09-26-08 09:11 PM
    Just to let you first off. Stores do not do repairs. If the device is under warr then it can be replaced. If not and there is not insurance, usually you need buy a new device. Now with that in mind, how close is she to being able to upgrade.

You can contact motorola for an actual cost of a repair, but I can assure you, it will not e worth it.
    09-26-08 09:19 PM
5,111 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD