View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 5758596061 ...
tools
    The available VZW apps can be found on the VZStart page. Other than that, third party is most of it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 01:54 PM
    FYI everyone - VZW deluxe tones became avail for the storm yesterday. This can be found on the device at mobile.vzw.com
    03-06-09 05:13 PM
    so my husband nearly has me talked into getting us each a blackberry. we currently have verizon and would be getting two. here is my question....

the service plans confuse me. i would like to be able to talk on the phone, surf the web, and text. but between the data plans, the email and phone plan, the email plan, etc. I am not sure what all I need and how much I can expect to pay for the both of us. any advice would be appreciated.
    03-06-09 10:49 PM
    Get the basic calling plan you need, then add the $29.99 data plan per phone. If you want unlimited text/pix messages, you might look at the Select plans.

Just remember that all but the most basic text plan (500+) has unlimited VZW to VZW texting. So if you text mostly your husband or other VZW users, you may not need the Select plan. A 500 msg plan will probably do.

03-07-09 01:56 AM
    Also between you and the HUBBY you will access to Blackberry Messenger. This is AOL IM's for Blackberries. It uses you unlim data plan. You can also add to your contact in BBM other people you know that have Blackberries. This will reduce the need for such a large text plan.
    03-07-09 08:06 AM
    There is a $5/month message plan that gives you 250 messages. just another option. 250 MSG CAMERA $5 73417
    Last edited by chrisy520; 03-07-09 at 02:09 PM.
    03-07-09 02:03 PM
    Non-BB question.

I'm planning on putting my brother on my family plan sometime next weekend when he visits from college. Anyway, he says he wants an env2, so my question is what kind of data plan does vzw offer for non-smart phones like the env2? When he uses aim will that count at mbs or text? I'm on the family plan without the unlimited txts since everyone I know uses BBM. Also, he also wants to get email on his env, would that cost more?

For everything that he wants, I'm just wondering if its going to be cheaper to get a something like a curve and shell out $30 for the unlimited bb data plan.

Thanks
    Last edited by ThoughtExperiment; 03-07-09 at 10:40 PM.
    03-07-09 10:16 PM
    IM ise txt msgs. If he plans on getting email he will need a data plan and that is $15 per month. YOu can go pay as U go, but this will end up being expensive. Mobile email has subscription rate depending on what family share you are on.
    03-07-09 10:20 PM
    So if IMs are counted as txt then we wouldn't need to get him a data package if all he does is IM. Right?

The way things are looking I might just tell him to get a BB.

Thanks for all the info.
    03-07-09 10:44 PM
    I want the storm and I just moved to another state. I know with other carriers like US Cell and sprint if u change your number to a local number they will treat it like your re signing your contact and let u get a phone at the upgraded price. Does vzw do that?
    03-07-09 10:56 PM
    No .
    03-07-09 11:09 PM
    What about through an affiliate? I know they only are able to purchase the right to sell products to certain areas. For example: if you go into a mall and deal with a kiosk they may not be able to assist you if your number is from out of state, but in a corporate store they can. Is vzw structured that way in certain areas?
    03-07-09 11:22 PM
    Changing your phone number does not make you eligible to get a discount on a phone no matter where you go. Waiting until you are eligible makes you eligible.
    03-07-09 11:25 PM
    i have the vz navigator on my strom and i do not use it am i going to get charged for it anyways?
    03-08-09 12:22 AM
    Only if you are subscribed to it
    03-08-09 12:27 AM
    hi i'm a recent bb user i just got mine a few days ago and was excited to see how much can really be done well to my previous phone the Juke pfft my ? is when i call out i see that it dislays my number in the top left of the screen oh i have a bb pearl 8130 i was wondering is there a way to not display that any help would be appreciated
    03-08-09 01:07 AM
    would anyone trade a curve for my storm?
    03-08-09 01:30 AM
    has to be for veriaon though and in very good shape
    03-08-09 01:30 AM
    What about through an affiliate? I know they only are able to purchase the right to sell products to certain areas. For example: if you go into a mall and deal with a kiosk they may not be able to assist you if your number is from out of state, but in a corporate store they can. Is vzw structured that way in certain areas?
    VZW has made the change, does not matter where you live.
    03-08-09 08:49 AM
    So if IMs are counted as txt then we wouldn't need to get him a data package if all he does is IM. Right?

The way things are looking I might just tell him to get a BB.

Thanks for all the info.
    VZW requires data plans on all BB devies. There is no way around it.
    03-08-09 08:50 AM
    I have had my storm for 15 days and it was replaced friday because it locked up all the time. This one has light leaking from all four sides of the screen. I am still under the 30 day period. Does this issue alone make for another valid replacment? I really dont want to go through that again but it seems that if the light is an issue now that the dust problem cant be far behind. Thanks.
    03-08-09 09:42 AM
    Was the replacement a new one under 30 WFG? Just curious.

Yes, if you are unhappy with the light, I would go back to the store ans how this to them. State your concern about the dust and they should get another one for you.
    03-08-09 09:47 AM
    Yes under the 30 WFG I have only been storming for 17 days now. I am on my way back to the corp store in Daytona. Thanks
    03-08-09 10:24 AM
    Could be a sour goodbye...

My most recent bill is over $700, and $666 of that is from data usage. I thought surely there was a mistake -- I have the BB unlimitted data plan. When I spoke with customer service, they said it was all bona-fide data usage and I would have to pay.

I cried foul, and had them look into the usage. Thy said it had all been used on an older LG 8300 I'd activated over the course of a few days in the billing cycle when my Storm had to be replaced. I had to laugh -- I had not used the 8300 WAP browser, even when it was my main phone and certaily couldn't imagine what kind of acrobatics I'd have to push that peeshooter of a browser to in order to get over $600 in charges. But they insisted it was all legitimate and I'd have to pay.

I demanded to speak with a supervisor, and we figured out that when I had called to activate the LG and begun waiting for my replacement Storm, the data package had been suspended -- which I had not been alerted to. Meanwhile, while I was waiting for the replacement, I had been tinkering with the damaged Storm. Hence the data usage.

I thought that would be an easy fix, but was outraged to learn that the supervisor would only credit my account %50 of the charges -- in other words the best she was willing to do was to cut the charges to $333. I let her know I expected more assistance than this and asked why she wouldn't extend more credit. She said it wasn't Verizon's "fault" though she understood that if I had been told that the data package was being suspended I would have simply put the phone up and never have incurred several hundred dollars worth of charges.

I told her I would likely end services with Verizon, thanked her insofar as the credit she was willing to extend would cut into the cost of doing so. I arranged to speak with her supervisor tomorrow (Monday, 3/9) just to see if there was anything more the next in command could do -- I mean I went from zero assistance to %50 on this call, it seems premature to assume that's where it will end.

But -- if there is no effort to work with me I'm going to force the issue as to which is in their interest -- keeping a long-term customer by extending full credit on this matter and thus assuring themselves another $2000 (20 months left on my contract @ over $100/month of services), or insisting I pay $333 now. For me and my family, the choice would be obvious...pay now but then it's bye bye Verizon Wireless.
    03-08-09 03:11 PM
    My questions for the vzw rep...why not simply prorate the data plan @ $3\day? Isn't asking for one hundred timed that a bit bloodthirsty? And lastly -- what magic words (other than "escalation" would you recommend I try on the supervisor's supervisor?

Could be a sour goodbye...

My most recent bill is over $700, and $666 of that is from data usage. I thought surely there was a mistake -- I have the BB unlimitted data plan. When I spoke with customer service, they said it was all bona-fide data usage and I would have to pay.

I cried foul, and had them look into the usage. Thy said it had all been used on an older LG 8300 I'd activated over the course of a few days in the billing cycle when my Storm had to be replaced. I had to laugh -- I had not used the 8300 WAP browser, even when it was my main phone and certaily couldn't imagine what kind of acrobatics I'd have to push that peeshooter of a browser to in order to get over $600 in charges. But they insisted it was all legitimate and I'd have to pay.

I demanded to speak with a supervisor, and we figured out that when I had called to activate the LG and begun waiting for my replacement Storm, the data package had been suspended -- which I had not been alerted to. Meanwhile, while I was waiting for the replacement, I had been tinkering with the damaged Storm. Hence the data usage.

I thought that would be an easy fix, but was outraged to learn that the supervisor would only credit my account %50 of the charges -- in other words the best she was willing to do was to cut the charges to $333. I let her know I expected more assistance than this and asked why she wouldn't extend more credit. She said it wasn't Verizon's "fault" though she understood that if I had been told that the data package was being suspended I would have simply put the phone up and never have incurred several hundred dollars worth of charges.

I told her I would likely end services with Verizon, thanked her insofar as the credit she was willing to extend would cut into the cost of doing so. I arranged to speak with her supervisor tomorrow (Monday, 3/9) just to see if there was anything more the next in command could do -- I mean I went from zero assistance to %50 on this call, it seems premature to assume that's where it will end.

But -- if there is no effort to work with me I'm going to force the issue as to which is in their interest -- keeping a long-term customer by extending full credit on this matter and thus assuring themselves another $2000 (20 months left on my contract @ over $100/month of services), or insisting I pay $333 now. For me and my family, the choice would be obvious...pay now but then it's bye bye Verizon Wireless.
    03-08-09 07:15 PM
5,111 ... 5758596061 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD