View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 5657585960 ...
tools
    When is verizon going to stop playing around and release the new operating system for the storm? I seriously do not want to mess with all these leaked versions!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 07:08 PM
    Why not mess with them, for if VZW releases it now and its not ready, I can only image the screaming from you then
    03-03-09 07:29 PM
    HAHA He's right! You can always go back if you disaprove
    03-03-09 07:52 PM
    I've been with verizon for about 3 years. No major problems, no outlandish charges on my bill. They always work with me when I get a little behind (family share plan, 4 lines and 2 are BBs) Their customer service people are very nice and helpful. My only teeny, tiny issue is that 2 or 3 different times I had to call due to a phone issue (i swear my boyfriend breaks his on purpose so he can get a new one) Anyway, each of these calls they tell me I don't have any insurance to cover damage and everytime I tell them if I don't have insurance they why the **** am I paying for it. They always tell me that I'm not paying for it cause I don't have it. Case in point: My bf Envy kept turning off, I called VZ and the rep told me I didn't have insurance. Okay whatever y'all wont send me a new one, bye. A few days later the phone got "lost" and I hear, OH I need a phone I'll have to use the upgrade I got. Quick synopsis, we got the new BB Storm, sales guy was telling us about insurance, I made the comment about not having it on the last phone. He looked at me funny and told me I DID TO HAVE INSURANCE ON THE ENVY! I am slightly irritated by this. Sooo my suggestion to the vzw rep in charge of this thread is to pass it along to the company that maybe they should train their customer service people where to look when checking to see if the customer has insurance or not!!! Other than that, vzw has a great selection of phones and good customer service. Also if I would ever use it I would totally get the new hub home phone thing cause it is the coolest thing I have ever seen!

The customer should know if they have insurance or not. Just like the customer should know what plan they have. There is nothing that a rep can tell me about MY account that I don't already know.
    03-03-09 08:12 PM
    When is verizon going to stop playing around and release the new operating system for the storm? I seriously do not want to mess with all these leaked versions!
    VZW doesn't release the OS. RIM releases it with VZW-specified modifications.

VZW cannot release something RIM hasn't let them release and VZW doesn't craft operating systems.

The VZW "interference" might add three days, if that. Not enough to go over.
    Why not mess with them, for if VZW releases it now and its not ready, I can only image the screaming from you then
    And when they do these OS 'leaks' they cannot scream at VZW when their phone doesn't work as planned or their personal data gets spewed all over the Internet.
    03-03-09 08:50 PM
    The customer should know if they have insurance or not. Just like the customer should know what plan they have. There is nothing that a rep can tell me about MY account that I don't already know.
    +1 BIGTIME!!! I hate when a customer comes in, and has no idea what they have!!
    03-03-09 09:08 PM
    I'm right there with ya!

It also amazes me how many people come in and don't even know their own cell phone number. The excuse is always the same "well, I don't call myself, so I don't remember it" It makes you wonder how they have managed to survive.
    03-03-09 10:13 PM
    I'm right there with ya!

It also amazes me how many people come in and don't even know their own cell phone number. The excuse is always the same "well, I don't call myself, so I don't remember it" It makes you wonder how they have managed to survive.
    Ha...yeah I hear that...people are ignorant to their own lives...how some of them survive is beyond me!
    03-03-09 10:18 PM
    So if my week-old curve has been randomly restarting (4 times today, 2x while talking on BB messenger), should I take it back to VZW store? Will they replace it if it doesn't do the deed with witnesses?
    I tried a battery pull, the only app that might be problematic is facebook, am I missing something obvious?
    03-03-09 11:40 PM
    Facebook app is notorious for screwing these devices up...including mine which is why I deleted it. You might also wanna check any recent themes and your file free memory as they can cause this too. If you need a link to increase file free memory here it is...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...le+free+memory
    03-03-09 11:45 PM
    When is VZW going to get off their butts and put a OS upgrade out for the 9530 Storm? I had .75 and did the .93 version that was leaked. .93 is good, but a few tweaks. If I had known the dictators wheels at VZW were going to move so slow, I would have sacrificed VZW for a phone that works such as the iPhone. Why can't VZW & BB get something out? I have been a VZW customer for 10 years and cannot get an answer. WHEN IS A OS UPGRADE COMING? Maybe send an e-mail or text message to the BB Storm users to let them know. Something besides me sending my payment ever month and then when I e-mail tech support you send me to the BB website. How about you call BB and ask them. You are BB's customer and I am your customer. I need a phone that is reliable!!
    03-04-09 12:17 AM
    Facebook app is notorious for screwing these devices up...including mine which is why I deleted it. You might also wanna check any recent themes and your file free memory as they can cause this too. If you need a link to increase file free memory here it is...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...le+free+memory

I don't have any themes installed other than the originals...file free mem is at 42MB (i think?) so it should be okay, right? I just don't want to keep it past the 30 day period if there is something wrong that would be better replaced than fiddled with.
    03-04-09 12:30 AM
    When is VZW going to get off their butts and put a OS upgrade out for the 9530 Storm? I had .75 and did the .93 version that was leaked. .93 is good, but a few tweaks. If I had known the dictators wheels at VZW were going to move so slow, I would have sacrificed VZW for a phone that works such as the iPhone. Why can't VZW & BB get something out? I have been a VZW customer for 10 years and cannot get an answer. WHEN IS A OS UPGRADE COMING? Maybe send an e-mail or text message to the BB Storm users to let them know. Something besides me sending my payment ever month and then when I e-mail tech support you send me to the BB website. How about you call BB and ask them. You are BB's customer and I am your customer. I need a phone that is reliable!!
    OK...in just a few posts above yours on this same thread, on the SAME PAGE, you would've seen several responses about this SAME QUESTION!!!!!

Now to answer your question..no exact ETA on MR2 for the Storm. It's in testing as is all betas for all devices. I can tell you this much, the earliest you will see it will be in April. Is that a release date??? NO! It just means that RIM is not projected to be done with it until at least April.

As was posted BEFORE your rant....VZW is your service provider. We do not make phones or the OS. RIM does that and we are waiting for RIM to perfect MR2 so customers like yourself will not as many issues with your Storm as they did with .65 and .75 now.

Also that was stated before, you're welcome to test the betas. .109 is EXCELLENT! As long as you back up your current OS, you will be fine.
    03-04-09 07:49 AM
    Had my storm 15 days. Bought it new at full price and I am haveing some major issues with the phone locking up and getting the blank white screen. I called verizon to get a replacement........... I was told that I need to go to a store to get this handled? How do I get a 'new' replacement sent to me at home without going to the store? Please help me..........
    03-04-09 05:10 PM
    Had my storm 15 days. Bought it new at full price and I am haveing some major issues with the phone locking up and getting the blank white screen. I called verizon to get a replacement........... I was told that I need to go to a store to get this handled? How do I get a 'new' replacement sent to me at home without going to the store? Please help me..........
    Not quite sure why they are referring you to the store unless you gave some indication that the defect might be user related and the issues with the device are not covered under the manufacture warranty. They want a tech to check it out hands on before sending out a NEW replacment.

Now there is no prob with having the store replace it. You will get a NEW device and not a refurb if you are within your 30 day WFG. If you have had this device beyond 30 days, Im sure the rep would've had no prob sending you a refurb unit.

I know as a customer this may seem like a inconvenience to you but look at the bring side. You won't have to wait 2-3 days for the replacment to come in the mail and you can leave the store with the device in working condition.
    03-05-09 07:07 AM

Im in major agreement with this as well...(well, in my case its calls in)
    03-05-09 07:59 AM
    Any word on when for the "BlackBerry 9630"
    03-05-09 01:12 PM
    Any word on when for the "BlackBerry 9630"
    I heard it will be coming sometime after today.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 04:47 PM
    Thanks for the help. The phone has gotten really buggie and I had called V and asked if I could please get a new phone sent out without having to go to the store and wait in line. The closest store is in DAYTONA BEACH FLORIDA current home to BIKE WEEK 2009 but was told NO!
    SO Tommorow I wait in lines...........Whats 8-11 hours off my life?
    03-05-09 05:51 PM
    Help! I can't figure out where the get it now button is on my bb 8130!
    03-06-09 04:41 AM
    Help! I can't figure out where the get it now button is on my bb 8130!

That is because there is no get it now on a blackberry.
    03-06-09 07:05 AM
    Okay. I don't feel so stupid now. How do I buy and access apps?
    Last edited by snowqueen; 03-06-09 at 08:07 AM.
    03-06-09 07:44 AM
    Blackberry Apps can be found in the Crackberry Store here as well as MANY other web based stores, plus a BB App World is coming that will be similar to the iphone's App store. It won't be available on all devices, BUT you always got the web. Here is a link for the Crackberry Store...

BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store
    03-06-09 08:41 AM
    so, there's no way of accessing/downloading VZW's apps? I'm sorry for being such a pain, but I haven't been able to find this info anywhere, including the VZW site!
    03-06-09 10:48 AM
    The Apps you are talking about for VZW "dumb" phones are written in a programming language called BREW. Blackberries use java, so any VZW BREW apps would have to be convereted to Java, SOME have been like VZ Nav & Vcast Muisic.

Is there a particular app you are looking for? I can help you try to find it.
    03-06-09 10:54 AM
5,111 ... 5657585960 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD