View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 09:42 AM
5,111 ... 5556575859 ...
tools
    I see on Phone arena . com. Upcoming Verizon phones (Phone Arena)[/url] that the flip is coming to VZW is there any word as to when I am trying to be patient but the wait is killing me.
    03-02-09 09:01 AM
    Hello..when someone calls me, how do I place their number into my contacts??

Thanks..
    JT
    03-02-09 05:20 PM
    Hello..when someone calls me, how do I place their number into my contacts??

Thanks..
    JT
    Go into your call list, hit the Blackberry button, and select add to address book.
    03-02-09 06:24 PM
    ok...im not too happy right now. I sent back my first storm for the screen click issue, got my second one and it had the same problem. When I called to get a third one I was told that they would send me a brand new one, since this is my third device. I got cut off from the call and had to call back today. The rep today told me that he will not send me a new one and that the other reps never should have told me that. He did tell me that he could send me a new one if he wanted to but didnt not feel that my issue warranted a new phone. So do I just keep getting a refurb device until I got one that works? Do I call back and try and talk to a different rep?
    03-02-09 07:36 PM
    ok...im not too happy right now. I sent back my first storm for the screen click issue, got my second one and it had the same problem.
    What is the "screen click issue"?
    03-02-09 07:56 PM
    What is the "screen click issue"?
    along the sides and corners are very difficult to click.
    03-02-09 08:01 PM
    ok...im not too happy right now. I sent back my first storm for the screen click issue, got my second one and it had the same problem. When I called to get a third one I was told that they would send me a brand new one, since this is my third device. I got cut off from the call and had to call back today. The rep today told me that he will not send me a new one and that the other reps never should have told me that. He did tell me that he could send me a new one if he wanted to but didnt not feel that my issue warranted a new phone. So do I just keep getting a refurb device until I got one that works? Do I call back and try and talk to a different rep?
    Go in to a store - face to face is always better. You should be getting a new device after 2 or 3 switches. I can't remember which. If they do not help you, politely ask for a manager.
    03-02-09 08:10 PM
    Wanted to unlock my storm but it wouldn't read my SIM card.
    Tried new sims, tried reloading OS no luck.
    Wiped BB with JL COMDR.
    The BB screen is now white with "Reload Software 507" displayed.

Downloaded DM 4.6 from RIM and OS 4.6.1 from Tmobile for Curve 8900 as this is the closest device to the storm in T-mobiles' offerings.

When I try to load the new OS, the DM doesn't show an OS in App loader.
    Same response when I try the App loader without DM.

I spent both sat and sun on this and think I may have deleted my backup.
    Using the InstallShield Wizard, I get this response: "Error 1500. Another installation is in progess. You must complete that installation before continuing this one".

Where can I download and install OS 4.6.1 without "upgrading" my current OS (as I have none)?
    Last edited by lucrecia; 03-02-09 at 09:38 PM. Reason: content
    03-02-09 08:58 PM
    Wanted to unlock my storm but it wouldn't read my SIM card.
    Tried new sims, tried reloading OS no luck.
    Wiped BB with JL COMDR.

Downloaded DM 4.6 and OS 4.6.1 for Curve 8900 as this is the closest device to the storm in T-mobiles' offerings.

When I try to load the new OS, the DM doesn't show and OS in App loader. I spent both sat and sun on this and think I may have deleted my backup.

Where can I download and install OS 4.6.1 without "upgrading" my current OS (as I have none)?
    You can't load OS 4.6 onto a storm, no way, no how.
    03-02-09 09:07 PM
    i received my replacement storm i currentl have no apps whatsoever and i only get 4 hours of battery life
    03-02-09 09:28 PM
    You can reload apps through DM, or tell CS that they sent a bunk *** storm.
    03-03-09 01:07 AM
    Well it is up to our discretion, but technically all 'refurbed' storms are new right now anyways.
    03-03-09 01:15 AM
    Trout, PNC doesnt know what they are talking about. I called about the same thing and they told me the same thing.

When you go into online banking, click "mobile banking"...itll send you the link to the app. I use it all the time, its not bad. Ironic that PNC actually has a bb app available but most don't know

PS-i have verizon too
    the mobile app that is available is not compatible to the verizon curve (8330). does anyone know a work around because as of now, you cant mobile bank with a verizon bb 8330
    03-03-09 08:48 AM
    I bought the network extender when it first came out and paid 249.99, I have the 1400min family share plan at $80/month, should I have paid $199 for the unit or is the tiered pricing something more recent? Should I call and ask for a credit? Thanks for the help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 09:49 AM
    I am on Alltel will I be able to get all features with a storm if I buy one
    03-03-09 10:16 AM
    I am on Alltel will I be able to get all features with a storm if I buy one
    You will be able to use all the features Verizon Wireless advertises.
    03-03-09 11:57 AM
    Does that include the BB data plan for all email browser etc.
    03-03-09 12:02 PM
    I live in an area were the only two mobile providers are Verizon and Alltel

After the buyout and amalgamation they are prohibted becoming one here due to monopoly restrictions. I recently got a pay as you go alltell in the hope another provider will take over the alltell in our region and will use sims so I can use my storm. The alltell staff at the shop said they were hoping for AT&T or TMobile

Does Verizon have any sway who will and won't be able to buy the remaining alltel business's or do they know themselves if anyone is coming in soon..?
    03-03-09 12:07 PM
    You can't load OS 4.6 onto a storm, no way, no how.
    so the problem is OS 4.6?
    Can I load another OS onto my Storm?
    03-03-09 03:05 PM
    so the problem is OS 4.6?
    Can I load another OS onto my Storm?
    No. The only OS's that will load onto a storm are 4.7 versions designed for the 9530. There is no way around this. An os needs to be designed for the specific device.
    03-03-09 03:29 PM
    I live in an area were the only two mobile providers are Verizon and Alltel

After the buyout and amalgamation they are prohibted becoming one here due to monopoly restrictions. I recently got a pay as you go alltell in the hope another provider will take over the alltell in our region and will use sims so I can use my storm. The alltell staff at the shop said they were hoping for AT&T or TMobile

Does Verizon have any sway who will and won't be able to buy the remaining alltel business's or do they know themselves if anyone is coming in soon..?
    I doubt that ATT or TMo would buy out Alltel in an area due to the fact that they are both GSM carriers and Alltel is CDMA. The only option I see happening, and it's a VERY remote possibility is Sprint.
    03-03-09 03:30 PM
    cdma isn't the most customer friendly system I've ever used.

company friendly maybe
    03-03-09 04:59 PM
    No. The only OS's that will load onto a storm are 4.7 versions designed for the 9530. There is no way around this. An os needs to be designed for the specific device.
    Where can I download a new 4.7 OS?
    Everywhere I've been it's been an
    "upgrade"....
    03-03-09 05:08 PM
    I've been with verizon for about 3 years. No major problems, no outlandish charges on my bill. They always work with me when I get a little behind (family share plan, 4 lines and 2 are BBs) Their customer service people are very nice and helpful. My only teeny, tiny issue is that 2 or 3 different times I had to call due to a phone issue (i swear my boyfriend breaks his on purpose so he can get a new one) Anyway, each of these calls they tell me I don't have any insurance to cover damage and everytime I tell them if I don't have insurance they why the **** am I paying for it. They always tell me that I'm not paying for it cause I don't have it. Case in point: My bf Envy kept turning off, I called VZ and the rep told me I didn't have insurance. Okay whatever y'all wont send me a new one, bye. A few days later the phone got "lost" and I hear, OH I need a phone I'll have to use the upgrade I got. Quick synopsis, we got the new BB Storm, sales guy was telling us about insurance, I made the comment about not having it on the last phone. He looked at me funny and told me I DID TO HAVE INSURANCE ON THE ENVY! I am slightly irritated by this. Sooo my suggestion to the vzw rep in charge of this thread is to pass it along to the company that maybe they should train their customer service people where to look when checking to see if the customer has insurance or not!!! Other than that, vzw has a great selection of phones and good customer service. Also if I would ever use it I would totally get the new hub home phone thing cause it is the coolest thing I have ever seen!
    03-03-09 05:58 PM
    Where can I download a new 4.7 OS?
    Everywhere I've been it's been an
    "upgrade"....
    keep in mind that 4.7 that is the "upgrade" s version 4.7.0.75 for the Storm. Same OS since 2nd week of December.

If you are running .65, goto BlackBerry® Software Updates and download from there.
    03-03-09 07:49 PM
5,111 ... 5556575859 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD