View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 5455565758 ...
tools
    Okay, so I have the unlimited data plan on my phone...however it won't let me look at Youtube videos. I can look at the site just fine but when I go to click on the Video it says something like URL error or something like that. Is it that my phone isn't equipped to watch these video's or do I need a different kind of data plan to do so?

Oh yeah, I have the enV.
    go to m.youtube.com. from your device.

you cannot view youtube videos from the full youtube site as blackberries do not support flash.

EDIT: i just saw that you said you have the EnV. you cannot view youtube mobile on the EnV. sorry.
    02-27-09 02:36 PM
    So if I get my new Tmobile Tuesday and port my number right away, and Verizon has my next bill date as Thursday, I shouldn't get billed that next bill date?

Thanks
    You will be billed till your port request is completed which is entirely dependant on T-Mobile's port center. You will (more than likely) recieve your normal bill and then a "final bill" which will have a updated amount with any applicable prorates/credits/early termination fees.
    02-27-09 02:39 PM
    Are you using the youtube link within your phone or manually going to it via your phones mobile web. Youtube on your phone is precached by VZW which is why you have to go through the link if your not allready.
    At first I went actually went to the regular Youtube site...then I tried the mobile version and I still couldn't look at the videos...your saying there is a pre-programmed link on my phone for Youtube?

02-27-09 02:49 PM
    At first I went actually went to the regular Youtube site...then I tried the mobile version and I still couldn't look at the videos...your saying there is a pre-programmed link on my phone for Youtube?

youtube DOES NOT work on an EnV phone.

upgrade to a blackberry
    02-27-09 02:50 PM
    ***throws enV across desk***
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Just another reason why I can't wait to upgrade to the Niagara when my ne2 comes up in June
    02-27-09 02:56 PM

Just another reason why I can't wait to upgrade to the Niagara when my ne2 comes up in June

lol. ok. youtube is one reason i upgraded from my EnV to a Curve.
    02-27-09 02:58 PM

Uh oh. Sounds like someone may be enVous of BlackBerry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 03:06 PM
    You will be billed till your port request is completed which is entirely dependant on T-Mobile's port center. You will (more than likely) recieve your normal bill and then a "final bill" which will have a updated amount with any applicable prorates/credits/early termination fees.
    You do not get a credit for the remainder of the month.

02-27-09 07:00 PM
    i recently got a jawbone 2 and there is static with my storm on both sides. could that be hardware related and if i went to a verizon store, would the tech rep be able to do anything about it or is it just tough luck because my 30 days ran out last week?
    tried reset, reboot, echo & encrip off.
    02-27-09 07:22 PM
    Also I would try another Bluetooth to rule out that out. ALso try another MFG bluetooth to see if it is that.
    02-27-09 07:53 PM
    My partner has her own plan but since we are now a couple she wants us to be on the same network.verizon

I'm okay with that but,, she has a two year deal as a single user and it's been going a while so..how would she go about adding a second line for me on her single plan and how does that affect the phone of choice?

would she be able to add me or would she have to take out a new contract and if so can she actually break one contract to start another.. so many questions..any reps in?
    02-27-09 11:09 PM
    My partner has her own plan but since we are now a couple she wants us to be on the same network.verizon

I'm okay with that but,, she has a two year deal as a single user and it's been going a while so..how would she go about adding a second line for me on her single plan and how does that affect the phone of choice?

would she be able to add me or would she have to take out a new contract and if so can she actually break one contract to start another.. so many questions..any reps in?
    She can switch to a family share plan, and that won't affect her contract date...phone of choice will be whatever you want at normal 2 year contract price.

your phone will have a 2 year date from whenever you start the plan...her's will remain the same...just change the price
    02-27-09 11:19 PM
    Thanks for the speedy and informative update JF
    02-27-09 11:28 PM
    Thanks for the speedy and informative update JF
    NP...local VSW store, or online would be the easiest...shouldn't take more than 15 min or so if you know what kinda phone your getting! :P
    02-28-09 08:09 AM
    Thanks Jfriz

I tried online twice, the first one I sent didn't get a reply for one week the second after that week took 24 hours and both answers were mostly copy and paste replies

The local rep was a young lad who at first was to busy bluetoothing his mates ringtones then when he did get up from his desk he seemed to be clueless

So I thought here, and the answer did come forth.. once again many thanks
    02-28-09 10:29 AM
    You do not get a credit for the remainder of the month.

Depends if its a on demand term (I.e. Port) or future dated. I'm aware not all ports close on demand. Either way most do see a prorate credit on there final bill in my experience in the last 7 years I've worked for vzw.

02-28-09 03:18 PM
    Even ports have future dated billing disconnects now. This procedure changed about a year ago.

02-28-09 03:38 PM
    I Am With Alltel Now But I Heard That You Can See Who You Have Texted And Who You Aer Texting Through Verizon, Is This True....i Mean I Know Through Alltel Prepaid You Can See That Now But Not Through Post Pay
    02-28-09 03:54 PM
    You can see unbilled information though your my VZW account.
    02-28-09 04:03 PM
    Can u pm me the info manager link then please

Last edited by Kaus; 02-28-09 at 04:14 PM.
    02-28-09 04:06 PM
    I won't be in my office for a few days but it should be under account support then disconnects.

02-28-09 04:19 PM
    I stand corrected thank you.

02-28-09 04:38 PM
    Even ports have future dated billing disconnects now. This procedure changed about a year ago.

its always been like that. Its in your customer service agreement.

VZW decided to finally start applying it.
    03-01-09 08:14 AM
    What is the network extender? How does it work? What is the cost? Where can I get one? Thanks!

03-01-09 08:42 PM
    This works in a home when you do not have good signal in the home.

You will need a wireless network and a VPN capable router. the extneder goes over the net and transmits the VZW CDMA signal right in the house up to 5000K sq feet.

The phone auto hooks to it and you are good to go.

Cost is 249.99 unless your plan is more 79.98 per month then you can get it for 199.99. You must also live in a VZW licensed area as well.

You can purchase one in store, online at Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, Cell Phone Accessories - Verizon Wireless , or call CS and they can order one for you.
    03-01-09 08:46 PM
5,111 ... 5455565758 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD