View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 09:42 AM
5,111 ... 5354555657 ...
tools
    Can I purchase an unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8900 and use it through the Verizon service?
    02-26-09 12:24 AM
    Can I purchase an unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8900 and use it through the Verizon service?
    No. Two different forms of technology. The 8930 is rumored to be coming to vzw sometime in the future.
    02-26-09 12:29 AM
    No. Two different forms of technology. The 8930 is rumored to be coming to vzw sometime in the future.
    There's also potential of the 9300 series as well (3G Curve 2)
    02-26-09 12:46 AM
    My wifes BB 8330 does not have VZ Navigator. Mine does. I compared the two using BB Maps to see how it performs without having VZ Navigator installed. It appears hers can only give directions if you enter in an address. How do I turn on the GPS to find "my location". The menue on hers does not give me the option to "find my location" whereas mine does. I thought VZ Navigator was not needed to use BB Maps as a GPS. Will BB Maps only find your location and give turn by turn directions with VZ Navigator installed? I thought VZ Navigator was not needed at all. What would the benefit be of keeping VZ Navigator on my BB other than VZW making some more money off my account? Again, thanks in advance for your reply.
    02-26-09 12:57 AM
    If GPS isn't working it's probably because of the wrong OS.
    02-26-09 01:00 AM
    The OS is the latest VZW version. 4.5. Same that is in mine. We got both BBs about a month ago. That was the first thing I checked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 02:09 AM
    Do you have any idea when North Carolina will be able to use Alltel towers instead of US Cellular like the rest of the country?
    02-26-09 11:22 AM
    The OS is the latest VZW version. 4.5. Same that is in mine. We got both BBs about a month ago. That was the first thing I checked.

turn gps on. options > advanced > gps > location on, if you haven't already. otherwise check the options in bbmaps to make sure it's set to use internal gps.
    02-26-09 11:26 AM
    Got questions for the reps. I am somewhat knowledgable about Blackberries and about VZW service in general (plus I'm sure I can be taught anything else I need to learn). I am purchasing a house right now and could sure you some extra money. Hence my question, or questions....

Does VZW have part time positions for either internet or phone support? Would I need any special training beyond what VZW would provide? Is the pay good? Can I work from home and if not IS there a phone bank in or near Philly? And finally can you direct me to a corp website that might have these answer and more, plus job listings?
    02-26-09 02:56 PM
    And finally can you direct me to a corp website that might have these answer and more, plus job listings?
    Not a rep, but there is a careers/job link at Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, Cell Phone Accessories - Verizon Wireless that has all your questions answered.

02-26-09 05:54 PM
    Got questions for the reps. I am somewhat knowledgable about Blackberries and about VZW service in general (plus I'm sure I can be taught anything else I need to learn). I am purchasing a house right now and could sure you some extra money. Hence my question, or questions....

Does VZW have part time positions for either internet or phone support? Would I need any special training beyond what VZW would provide? Is the pay good? Can I work from home and if not IS there a phone bank in or near Philly? And finally can you direct me to a corp website that might have these answer and more, plus job listings?
    Goto verizonwireless.com and at the bottom should be a link for careers or employment.

But to be direct, most of our call centers are hiring customer service reps, telesales, and other various front line customer support positions. Pay is good....benefits from day 1! VZW has been pretty reselient when it comes to the recession. No layoffs!

VZW would train you, you need basic computer skills and need to be able to type at least 35-40 words per min. My bro-in-law actually just had an interview in my call center today for cust svc. He had to take an assessment 1st to be sure he had the basic typing and PC skills.

I could not tell you if there is an office or call center in your area. This is where you should look online.
    02-26-09 07:28 PM
    If I cancel my service do they prorate the last bill? I'm going to switch to Tmobile but Verizon usually does the automatic bill pay around the 3-6th of every month. So if I cancel before then will i be good to go?

thanks
    02-26-09 09:22 PM
    You will not be prorated unless you're billed in arears which is rare. 99% of the time you're billed in advanced so you will keep your svc til end of your bill cycle. Unless you outright request an immediate canx, there will be no proration.
    02-26-09 09:53 PM
    I keep getting conflicting information so I'll ask here as well.

If I buy a used phone that is insured and is in good standings, can I then get insurance on that phone on my account?
    02-26-09 09:58 PM
    You will not be prorated unless you're billed in arears which is rare. 99% of the time you're billed in advanced so you will keep your svc til end of your bill cycle. Unless you outright request an immediate canx, there will be no proration.
    So if I get my new Tmobile Tuesday and port my number right away, and Verizon has my next bill date as Thursday, I shouldn't get billed that next bill date?

Thanks
    02-26-09 10:21 PM
    I keep getting conflicting information so I'll ask here as well.

If I buy a used phone that is insured and is in good standings, can I then get insurance on that phone on my account?
    You will not be able to insure a used phone. PERIOD! Insurance should only be added to new devices being sold.

As a whole I will tell you that if the rep does not catch it and you have the insurance already on your account, then most likey you will get away with it.
    02-26-09 11:11 PM
    I Have a storm that is within the 30 day return period. I already have dust in the screen and I have noticed a change in how well the bottom of my screen clicks. I also have a hard time understanding anyone with a low voice, especially when background noise is preasent.

I took my phone in and asked to exchange it and the rep told me he couldnt exchange it because the screen DID still actually click, even though not as well as before. He also told me I live in a dusty city and dust in the screen is to be expected.

My question is, is this right? What do I have to tell these people to get an exchange? Cust service said they would send me a refurb but id much rather have a new one without wait. If theres dust already, how bad will it be in 2 years?

thanks
    02-27-09 02:54 AM
    The 5MB download limit is only with the Blackberry browser. If you download and install Opera Mini, you can download much larger files. I've downloaded podcasts that are 80MB's. You're other question, I have no idea what you're asking. The Storm doesn't support wi-fi, it doesn't have a wi-fi chip in it. A2DP, I've never had any luck getting to work with any phone I've ever had supporting. I had stereo bluetooth headset, with the Voyager, sounds like crap, with the Dare, sounds like crap... Good luck.
    BIS-B is a BlackBerry Internet Service network. Doesn't matter, though...the solution you were able to offer--using Opera Mini--well, you humbled me completely. I had tried this before and I thought you were full of crap! As it turns out, I wasn't giving Opera's proxy server a chance to receive the complete file before retransmitting it to the cellular network. The large files I use Opera to download experience latency in the neighborhood of 100 seconds before transfer is initiated to the handset.

02-27-09 04:42 AM
    Lastraid -

What would happen if you add a used phone via My Verizon or *228? Does the system knock off the insurance you account?

When my BB went swimming in the crapper I put a spare flip phone on my line until my insurance claim was made and my replacement got to me and nothing happened with my insurance.

02-27-09 07:55 AM
    I Have a storm that is within the 30 day return period. I already have dust in the screen and I have noticed a change in how well the bottom of my screen clicks. I also have a hard time understanding anyone with a low voice, especially when background noise is preasent.

I took my phone in and asked to exchange it and the rep told me he couldnt exchange it because the screen DID still actually click, even though not as well as before. He also told me I live in a dusty city and dust in the screen is to be expected.

My question is, is this right? What do I have to tell these people to get an exchange? Cust service said they would send me a refurb but id much rather have a new one without wait. If theres dust already, how bad will it be in 2 years?

thanks
    If your within your 30 days, no reason not to be able to exchange your storm. If one rep doesn't work, leave and either try another store, or go back and get a different rep.

02-27-09 08:23 AM
    I can't believe someone is dumb enough to tell you that, it's embarrasing.
    02-27-09 08:26 AM
    [QUOTE=tucker_dahlin;1804633]I Have a storm that is within the 30 day return period. I already have dust in the screen and I have noticed a change in how well the bottom of my screen clicks. I also have a hard time understanding anyone with a low voice, especially when background noise is preasent.

Take it back in and talk to someone else. I was in Vegas on Vacation last year with a Motorala Q that was 1 1/2 years old and it kept freezing up. I did not have insurance and I was given a new phone with all my info transferred.
    02-27-09 08:31 AM
    Will Verizon be getting the Bold? If so, when?
    02-27-09 12:14 PM
    Okay, so I have the unlimited data plan on my phone...however it won't let me look at Youtube videos. I can look at the site just fine but when I go to click on the Video it says something like URL error or something like that. Is it that my phone isn't equipped to watch these video's or do I need a different kind of data plan to do so?

Oh yeah, I have the enV.
    02-27-09 12:25 PM
    Okay, so I have the unlimited data plan on my phone...however it won't let me look at Youtube videos. I can look at the site just fine but when I go to click on the Video it says something like URL error or something like that. Is it that my phone isn't equipped to watch these video's or do I need a different kind of data plan to do so?

Oh yeah, I have the enV.
    Are you using the youtube link within your phone or manually going to it via your phones mobile web. Youtube on your phone is precached by VZW which is why you have to go through the link if your not allready.
    Last edited by Kaus; 02-27-09 at 03:37 PM.
    02-27-09 03:32 PM
5,111 ... 5354555657 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD