View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 09:42 AM
5,111 ... 5253545556 ...
tools
    v2.3.2 sorry ***
    02-24-09 09:45 AM
    I know this has been asked over and over, but when does Verizon expect to release an "offical" os update for the storm ? I am leary of the beta leaked OS's, but just think its time for a updated os to be released. ****, I'd even pay for it.
    02-24-09 09:47 AM
    David,

Your answer is sometime in the future. Nobody knows when an official release will be made. There is no use in saying a date, becausae that date will come, no update will be released, everyone gets mad, when in all actuallity, it was just a rumor in the first place. I learned a while ago just to be patient with RIM and cell companies. Things will get released when they get released. It's a patience game.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 10:02 AM
    Thanks for your answer, I just get a bit frustrated at times with some of the "awkwardness" of the current OS., a bit slow, mem leaks, camera, etc.
    I would rather wait for an offical os, rather than throwing the dice on Beta's. From what I have read so far, they don't all act the same on each device.
    02-24-09 10:21 AM
    Not even the official OS's work the same on every device. .75 was perfect on one of my buddies storms, and was horrible on mine. Thus, I switched back to my trusty curve.

02-24-09 10:53 AM
    Hello,
    Sorry for the repost but never got a response. I have a question. I will have my 8130 Pearl for 1 yr. in March (its the second phone on a family plan). Now I'm on my second pearl, the 1st one had problems with the trackball. Since it happened in the first 30 days of purchase they exchanged it for a new one.
    I have the full phone insurance and my question is: Is there anyway I can upgrade to another Blackberry (Curve or Storm) without paying full price. Like I said I will be 1yr into my 2yr contract in mid March. The problems I'm facing with my Pearl is a very lose back battery cover, very poor battery proformance, and a very bad memory leak. If it wasn't for Soft Reset I would be doing a battery pull 1 to 2x's a day. I have upgraded to the latest OS 4.5 and still have memory leak problems. I have been with Verizon for over 7yrs.(since it was Bell South) & I would like to stay a customer but I really would like to upgrade. Hope someone can help, if not thanks for reading my post. I really want to take advantage of the BOGO deal & my wife is taking a strong like to my Pearl(she likes the pink, of course I have the silver). Thanks,
    Wayne C.
    Virginia Beach VA
    Fire Fighter/EMT
    If your line is the primary line you can do an early upgrade and get a phone at the discountted price + a $20 processing fee. if you are VIP that fee is waived. you can only do BOGO if both lines are eligible for an upgrade... you can always do 1 yr pricing aswell... hope this helps
    02-24-09 11:02 AM
    Is there any chance that a 6th person can get added to a family share?

Beeray
    No; you can have a total of six lines on one account, unless it's business, but only five can share minutes.
    02-24-09 11:44 AM
    I know this has been asked over and over, but when does Verizon expect to release an "offical" os update for the storm ? I am leary of the beta leaked OS's, but just think its time for a updated os to be released. ****, I'd even pay for it.
    We don't know ourselves.
    02-24-09 11:44 AM
    Question regarding service coverage:

We all know the story of intermitent coverage inside of big box stores like Home Depot, Walmart, etc... But, there is a YMCA close to my house that I can not get any coverage in and I know for a fact that it isn't a designed degredation of service inside the building. Even if I walk outside the building, my phone doesn't get reception. Can VZW techs correct this problem? What are the right actions to take to inform VZW of this "black zone" of which their commercials downgrade as a problem?
    02-24-09 01:31 PM
    Question regarding service coverage:

We all know the story of intermitent coverage inside of big box stores like Home Depot, Walmart, etc... But, there is a YMCA close to my house that I can not get any coverage in and I know for a fact that it isn't a designed degredation of service inside the building. Even if I walk outside the building, my phone doesn't get reception. Can VZW techs correct this problem? What are the right actions to take to inform VZW of this "black zone" of which their commercials downgrade as a problem?
    Call 1 800 922 0204, # then 0 will take you to a live person, let them know of an issue, and you may be passed on to our tech support, which in turn would report it our men in the field, and if they get enough complaints about it, would go out and test the situation.
    02-24-09 03:05 PM
    Looking to jump into the BB world as my NE2 is approaching in March. Looking to use the BB for mobile web and messaging. Am I better off going with the storm, or hold out till May (hopefully) for the Niagara?
    Or should I look at a different device (Verizon customer)? Thanks!
    02-24-09 04:06 PM
    Since you don't seem to have a clearly defined need for BlackBerry, I would suggest you look at something like the Voyager or the upcoming Versa.

02-24-09 04:45 PM
    not crazy about the new Versa, why have the detachable keypad??? my wife has the Voyeger, it's ok. As an art director, I would like to be able to connect to my work and personal email accounts and receive files.
    02-24-09 04:56 PM
    @ swk47
    If you are going to be a heavy emailer/texter, you may want to think about the phone before you get it. The storm has an on screen keyboard. For me I do 90% of my web and email on my phone. I would rather have a physical keyboard on my phone. I played with the storm for about an hour and had so many typing errors. Yes I assume most will get use to it sooner or later, but I don't think in the end I would like it. Plus all the things I read about the storm makes me not want that phone.

I use a curve and it is a very stable phone. VZW is always behind the game with phone release, so you may want to go with a BB now and upgrade in a year (just pick a one year contract this time around)

I would never wait for VZW to come out with a phone to use my upgrade, as you could be waiting a long time.

02-24-09 05:26 PM
    Hello, I am new to Verizon. My wife and I both have new BB 8330's. I am currently on the 1 month trial period with my BB. We have a few problems we are not sure about before making a final decision on staying with Verizon. 1-I have VZ NAvigator and like having the use of BB Maps. If I cancel the VZ Navigator, will my BB Maps no longer function as a GPS? I read some posts on here indicating Verizon is unlocking GPS so VZ Navigator is not required. Is this true? 2-I get good signal everywhere but at my desk at awork. BB messanger works fine, but calling out is useless. I have 0-1 bars there. Phone is not very handy if I am at work. What can I do to try to remedy this problem. The signal with my previous carrier was excellent there. Not sure why the difference. 3-(Last) my wifes BB screen goes black randomly for a split second and comes back on. Ne effects...just placks out for no reason. This is brand new with NO damage...what is that all about. SHould I return it for a new one? Thanks in advance for your reply.
    02-24-09 07:04 PM
    Hello, I am new to Verizon. My wife and I both have new BB 8330's. I am currently on the 1 month trial period with my BB. We have a few problems we are not sure about before making a final decision on staying with Verizon. 1-I have VZ NAvigator and like having the use of BB Maps. If I cancel the VZ Navigator, will my BB Maps no longer function as a GPS? I read some posts on here indicating Verizon is unlocking GPS so VZ Navigator is not required. Is this true? 2-I get good signal everywhere but at my desk at awork. BB messanger works fine, but calling out is useless. I have 0-1 bars there. Phone is not very handy if I am at work. What can I do to try to remedy this problem. The signal with my previous carrier was excellent there. Not sure why the difference. 3-(Last) my wifes BB screen goes black randomly for a split second and comes back on. Ne effects...just placks out for no reason. This is brand new with NO damage...what is that all about. SHould I return it for a new one? Thanks in advance for your reply.
    1. With os 4.5, BBMaps is the only gps applcation that is unlocked, so even if you don't have vznav, you can use bb maps.
    2. Open a support ticket with vzw, but i'm sure they'll tell you they don't guarentee service inside buildings.....stupid, i know.
    3. This may be the auto dim feature, but i'm not sure.
    02-24-09 07:22 PM
    From my data guys they say they're looking at a March Timeframe.. no specifics unfortunately for the new storm update
    02-24-09 07:23 PM
    We have a network extender that you can buy to get better service inside your office.
    02-24-09 07:24 PM
    Yes BB maps will work if you Cancel NZNAV.

As for the screen, this could a device issue. Try a battery reset. If this does not work, and you are under the 30 WFG, yes your can different device.
    02-24-09 07:36 PM
    The whole thing that I don't understand is, VZ Nav and Blackberry Maps and Google maps are all so different. Everyone on Blackberryforums.com goes crazy over Google Maps, which I agree is a nice product. But it doesn't offer turn by turn directions or traffic reports like VZ Nav does. I put my VZ Nav to the test today and the traffic alerts are great and accurate.
    02-24-09 08:27 PM
    This may be a dumb question, but I am about to upgrade with my new every 2. I am planning to get the BB curve 8330 w/Verizon.
    I plan to use the BB for work emails, texting, and web access- I have a voice problem and therefore do much of my communication via email, text, or online messaging.
    Is the 29.99 "Email & Web for Blackberry" all that I need for unlimited email & web?
    Do people recommend paying for the insurance or extended warranty, or no? I've never paid for it before and have been using Verizon since 2002.
    02-24-09 09:13 PM
    Looking to jump into the BB world as my NE2 is approaching in March. Looking to use the BB for mobile web and messaging. Am I better off going with the storm, or hold out till May (hopefully) for the Niagara?
    Or should I look at a different device (Verizon customer)? Thanks!
    If you're going to dive into the BB pool, jump in now while the prices can't be beat!

Everybody keeps saying May for the Niagara or Javeline...Bold or new Curve. But there is still no evidence to support it. The last bit of news came last week on the front page of CB and sounds like the Pearl Flip would be next and our version of the Bold may not come around til end of 2009. I really do believe that everyone waiting for the summer for the Bold are going to be VERY dissappointed.

Upgrade now, upgrade again in 12 months when we have 2-3 new BBs which will prob be on the after holiday sales rack.
    02-24-09 09:17 PM
    This may be a dumb question, but I am about to upgrade with my new every 2. I am planning to get the BB curve 8330 w/Verizon.
    I plan to use the BB for work emails, texting, and web access- I have a voice problem and therefore do much of my communication via email, text, or online messaging.
    Is the 29.99 "Email & Web for Blackberry" all that I need for unlimited email & web?
    Do people recommend paying for the insurance or extended warranty, or no? I've never paid for it before and have been using Verizon since 2002.
    Depending on if your work email is fed through a POP3 server or not, you may need the 44.99 data package.

The insurance is a great thing to have for the PDA's, considering the full retail price of your phone is nearly 400 dollars.
    02-24-09 10:51 PM
    Depending on if your work email is fed through a POP3 server or not, you may need the 44.99 data package.

The insurance is a great thing to have for the PDA's, considering the full retail price of your phone is nearly 400 dollars.
    I think you mean a BES Server, not a POP3 server. The only reason you would need the 44.99 package is if your company uses a Blackberry Enterprise Server to connect to a Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Notes, or Novell Groupwise server to get email, calendar data and address book data pushed to your device.

If you have none of this, then you don't need the 44.99 package and the $29.99 package will suffice.

I actually have a few pop3 emails set up on my phone with my 29.99 package with no problem.
    02-24-09 10:56 PM
    The 29.99 plan would be added to your voice plan with is 39.95 at the lowest level, HOWEVER they also have a Data plan without (you pay .25 per minute per call for voice) voice plan for 49.99. You would need to add a text plan 5 for 250 per month, 10 for 500 per month (unlimited to other VZW customers), 15 for 1500 (unlimited to VZW), and 20 for 5000 (unlimited VZW). So if you almost NEVER make voice calls on it, go for the Data plan only version.
    02-24-09 11:47 PM
5,111 ... 5253545556 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD