View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 5152535455 ...
tools
    Hello, I am an 8-year Verizon customer and am pretty pleased over-all with my experience. I have had some complaints in the past and some issues, but have more incidences where Verizon has helped me out. There was one time when I had an $80 charge for something that I wasn't aware of and they credited that back to me. That was generous.

My only complaint at this time is that I wish the Verizon online bill was easier to navigate. I have two BB, one for me and one for my son. Also, two lines, obviously...and to try to navigate my online bill to see what exactly I'm being charged is so harrowing. You have to click back and forth and back and forth to different choices, different options, different services, just to see what you're being charged. The paper bill isn't much better. Everything is split up and listed on different pages of a 3-5 page bill.

Do many people complain about this or is it just me? Or are ALL cell phone bills this discombobulated? I got through undergrad AND law school, so I like to think I'm at least moderately intelligent. But those cell phone bills really kick my tail sometimes!

Okay, maybe this is just a rant and not a question.
    02-23-09 11:00 AM
    If I were to get a second BB on my family plan would I have to pay for another data plan? It seems redundant if the data plan is unlimited to need a second one.
    02-23-09 11:00 AM
    Okay, one more complaint, but this is more about one representative at a mall kiosk and not really about VZW as a whole. About 3 years ago, I wanted to upgrade my phone to a razr. However, I was a few months out, yet. The rep at the kiosk said he had the solution. He did a few magic tricks and suddenly I was the proud new owner of a razr and he had me sign papers, initial here, there and voila. I was very pleased!

My complaint is that, a month or few weeks later, I discovered that what he did was to add a line to my account, allowing for me to get the new razr. Understand, I have no real problem with doing that, it's actually a great idea. My complaint is that he didn't explain that to me.

Of course, I chastised myself for allowing it to happen, I signed the papers without even questioning it, but I just thought it was...okay, I have no idea what I thought. I didn't think.

If you are a representative working with customers, I feel it's your professional duty to fully explain to your customers what you are doing. I think it's possible that he was thinking that if he told me what he was doing, I might not agree to it and he'd lose a sale. *shrugs*

At any rate, lesson learned. I will never sign anything in the future without knowing exactly what I'm signing.
    02-23-09 11:06 AM
    yes you have to pay for a second data plan.
    02-23-09 11:06 AM
    Yes you need a data plan for each blackberry on your account

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 11:12 AM
    If I were to get a second BB on my family plan would I have to pay for another data plan? It seems redundant if the data plan is unlimited to need a second one.
    yes you would, data plan is per-line-access.
    02-23-09 11:14 AM
    Sorry I didn't see page 89, or I would not have repeated someone post.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 11:15 AM
    I know im reposting this but i didn't think anyone saw it because of the page switch and the other posts. I have the family share plan and if I was to upgrade my main phone now and re-up my plan to a new 2 year, I'm not eligible for the ne2 till July, would I be able to upgrade the 2nd line in july (when im eligible for ne2) and get the promo price for the new bold then (or when ever it comes out) or would I have to pay full price.
    Last edited by silverdeere; 02-23-09 at 12:19 PM.
    02-23-09 12:15 PM
    NE2 only applies to the primary account. How would you be upgrading now? Without NE2, at an upgrade price due to the 2nd line?

EDIT: If you are using an annual upgrade now you would be pushing your NE2 date back (I believe) by 1 year.
    Last edited by pkcable; 02-23-09 at 12:33 PM.
    02-23-09 12:20 PM
    the plan is to add a third line with my normal phone and take the blackberry, and transfer that to the primary line. then upgrade the main line and put that blackberry on the second line. then i was hoping to upgrade the second line when ever the new bold comes out. but i didn't know if that was all posible.
    02-23-09 12:38 PM
    the plan is to add a third line with my normal phone and take the blackberry, and transfer that to the primary line. then upgrade the main line and put that blackberry on the second line. then i was hoping to upgrade the second line when ever the new bold comes out. but i didn't know if that was all posible.
    Ok add the 3rd line, and get a blackberry on it, then switch that blackberry with the phone you currently have on the primary line. THEN in July get the primary line upgraded to the Bold (Niagara) at NE2 at promo prices and at THAT point put the BB you get now on the 2nd line, and the 3rd line will still have the "dumb" phone that was originally on the primary line (OR you can put the old phone from the 2nd line on it) THAT should work.

EDIT: If the goal is to get 3 blackberries in play then you might want to get a used 8703, or Pearl for the 3rd line on Ebay, criagslist or the Marketplace here.
    Last edited by pkcable; 02-23-09 at 02:17 PM.
    02-23-09 02:10 PM
    Ok that answers my question. thanks man
    02-23-09 03:38 PM
    Okay, one more complaint, but this is more about one representative at a mall kiosk and not really about VZW as a whole. About 3 years ago, I wanted to upgrade my phone to a razr. However, I was a few months out, yet. The rep at the kiosk said he had the solution. He did a few magic tricks and suddenly I was the proud new owner of a razr and he had me sign papers, initial here, there and voila. I was very pleased!

My complaint is that, a month or few weeks later, I discovered that what he did was to add a line to my account, allowing for me to get the new razr. Understand, I have no real problem with doing that, it's actually a great idea. My complaint is that he didn't explain that to me.

Of course, I chastised myself for allowing it to happen, I signed the papers without even questioning it, but I just thought it was...okay, I have no idea what I thought. I didn't think.

If you are a representative working with customers, I feel it's your professional duty to fully explain to your customers what you are doing. I think it's possible that he was thinking that if he told me what he was doing, I might not agree to it and he'd lose a sale. *shrugs*

At any rate, lesson learned. I will never sign anything in the future without knowing exactly what I'm signing.
    Well speaking for myself I certainly wouldn't do that, because you signed a contract, and quite frankly, I'd be fired on the spot for doing that.
    02-23-09 04:19 PM
    I'm bringing this over from page 88 'cause no-one answered me! If you didn't answer me on purpose, I guess I'll be able to tell that, too.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Hi - brand new BB Curve 8330 owner here. I thought I was pretty tech-savvy until I sat down to figure out this device! Anyway, I'm having a minor problem. I loaded a new theme - a BB one already on the phone, and I kept receiving the message that the radio was off, and to turn it on. The network status screen wouldn't allow me to change a thing. Finally I set the theme back to Verizon, pulled the battery and it worked again. Later, I turned the device back on, and I had no signal again, so I went to device options and was able (this time) to check the box telling it to turn the network on. So is it going to do this every time I turn it on? How can I fix this? I used the help screens on the BB and searched for "radio" and it told me *not found.* How can I fix it so the network stays on all the time, and what did I do to mess it up? I'm tempted to go back and re-set the defaults from the factory....although I don't know how to do that yet, either. Help, please!
    02-23-09 04:40 PM
    [QUOTE=Jusmore;1766338]I'm bringing this over from page 88 'cause no-one answered me! If you didn't answer me on purpose, I guess I'll be able to tell that, too.

It sounds like you have a bad Theme. I would keep it on one of the factory themes and seehow it goes for a few days if it keeps happening then I would call tech support. Make sure all themes you download are make for your model and service provider.
    02-23-09 06:15 PM
    Thank you!
    02-23-09 09:53 PM
    I called tec support the other day and asked them if i was able to upgrade to 4.5 from 4.2 and he told me its impossible. so after i upgraded to 4.5 thanks to this site i started to think why would say it wasnt possible, i mean it doesnt effect verizon so why would they suggest that i had to keep the old os and suffer?
    02-23-09 09:58 PM
    Beacuse they will not tell you how to do something that is not released for your device. 4.5 has not been released for your device. It also has things in it that may not good for your device. I hope this works for you, but if you have problems, I hope you find your answers here, because VZW will not support it.
    02-23-09 10:06 PM
    vzw has the gps blocked so the google maps doesnt work prply...it works fine on at&t...dam vzw nickel and dime every thing....i refuse to pay you guys $10
    02-23-09 10:14 PM
    neeed new software for storm
    02-23-09 10:14 PM
    Hello,
    Sorry for the repost but never got a response. I have a question. I will have my 8130 Pearl for 1 yr. in March (its the second phone on a family plan). Now I'm on my second pearl, the 1st one had problems with the trackball. Since it happened in the first 30 days of purchase they exchanged it for a new one.
    I have the full phone insurance and my question is: Is there anyway I can upgrade to another Blackberry (Curve or Storm) without paying full price. Like I said I will be 1yr into my 2yr contract in mid March. The problems I'm facing with my Pearl is a very lose back battery cover, very poor battery proformance, and a very bad memory leak. If it wasn't for Soft Reset I would be doing a battery pull 1 to 2x's a day. I have upgraded to the latest OS 4.5 and still have memory leak problems. I have been with Verizon for over 7yrs.(since it was Bell South) & I would like to stay a customer but I really would like to upgrade. Hope someone can help, if not thanks for reading my post. I really want to take advantage of the BOGO deal & my wife is taking a strong like to my Pearl(she likes the pink, of course I have the silver). Thanks,
    Wayne C.
    Virginia Beach VA
    Fire Fighter/EMT
    02-23-09 10:29 PM
    vzw has the gps blocked so the google maps doesnt work prply...it works fine on at&t...dam vzw nickel and dime every thing....i refuse to pay you guys $10
    Google Maps 3.02 works just fine on the Storm.
    02-24-09 06:17 AM
    Is there any chance that a 6th person can get added to a family share?

Beeray
    02-24-09 07:20 AM
    everything is working great ever since i upgraded to 4.5! finally youtube, better email, and a faster download speed!
    02-24-09 08:21 AM
    google maps version 4.2 works great on my phone!
    02-24-09 08:25 AM
5,111 ... 5152535455 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD