View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 5051525354 ...
tools
    VZW does have loyalty plans availble that are not listed. they are used to retain cst base for folks that are having times. You can always call VZW CS and ask about this plan, but I doubt it exists anymore. Does nto hurt to ask though. 800-922-0204 or 611 from your phone
    02-21-09 10:01 AM
    Thanks lastraid, I'll give that a try.
    02-21-09 10:06 AM
    Any release dates for a new BB from Verizon with PTT? Our company would like to roll out BB's for our maintenance staff, but would like to have PTT feature to get rid of 2 way radios. Anyone know when we might see these devices? Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by mlwke58; 02-21-09 at 04:11 PM.
    02-21-09 03:53 PM
    NO dates released to us. I have head they are coming though
    02-21-09 04:14 PM
    I wiash you could PTT carrier to carrier with PTT.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 04:59 PM

I don't think that'll ever happen, because it's all different techs, but again...pure speculation...I'm sure it could be done, but then all the companies would hafta play nice with eachother! :P
    02-21-09 05:39 PM
    i have a message error when tryin to upgrade my os from .75 to .99 do you have any helpful hints....
    02-22-09 12:32 PM
    Yes, you can start by giving us the error message. .99 not supported BY VZW for one and what carriers .99 are you loading? you might need to remove vendor file first.

i have a message error when tryin to upgrade my os from .75 to .99 do you have any helpful hints....
    02-22-09 12:45 PM

I don't think that'll ever happen, because it's all different techs, but again...pure speculation...I'm sure it could be done, but then all the companies would hafta play nice with eachother! :P
    There is a program out there that you can download that will semi do push to talk. It basically records a voice message and sends it to the other person's BB, at least from my understanding.

Kevin talked about it in the blogs a few weeks back.
    02-22-09 12:48 PM
    Vz recently released me from my contract due to unavailability of service in my area. I switched to TMoible & am using the new Curve 8900. Is it possible to have my old contacts on the Vz phone transferred over to the 8900? Thanks.
    02-22-09 12:59 PM
    If you syncd you old device to outlook, just get them from there though the Desktop software.
    02-22-09 01:01 PM
    Vz recently released me from my contract due to unavailability of service in my area. I switched to TMoible & am using the new Curve 8900. Is it possible to have my old contacts on the Vz phone transferred over to the 8900? Thanks.
    Use the device switch wizard in Desktop Manager.
    02-22-09 01:03 PM
    that will work to
    02-22-09 01:10 PM
    My name is Scott and I am a VZW corporate rep, happy to help out anyone or help my fellow employees.
    02-22-09 04:07 PM
    Welcome scott. VZW tech rep here. Former WDTS now handle everything
    02-22-09 04:37 PM
    hey im VZW rep too.... question for the fellow reps... ever refer anyone to come here for help? ive just started to and customers seem to love it
    02-22-09 04:38 PM
    I have for issues we do not support on the device.
    02-22-09 04:42 PM
    hey im VZW rep too.... question for the fellow reps... ever refer anyone to come here for help? ive just started to and customers seem to love it
    I refer people to this website all the time, I often teach the PDA classes in our store.
    02-22-09 04:55 PM
    Just a helpful member here, BUT longtime VZW customer so I know a few things.

EDIT: Crackalack & I have been helping folks with the Storm OS, he knows his ****. Scott, I don't know you yet, but look forward to getting to know you Welcome to CB. And of course Lastraid you little devil, you make this thread and VZW forum what it is.
    Last edited by pkcable; 02-22-09 at 09:44 PM.
    02-22-09 09:39 PM
    Hi - brand new BB Curve 8330 owner here. I thought I was pretty tech-savvy until I sat down to figure out this device! Anyway, I'm having a minor problem. I loaded a new theme - a BB one already on the phone, and I kept receiving the message that the radio was off, and to turn it on. The network status screen wouldn't allow me to change a thing. Finally I set the theme back to Verizon, pulled the battery and it worked again. Later, I turned the device back on, and I had no signal again, so I went to device options and was able (this time) to check the box telling it to turn the network on. So is it going to do this every time I turn it on? How can I fix this? I used the help screens on the BB and searched for "radio" and it told me *not found.* How can I fix it so the network stays on all the time, and what did I do to mess it up? I'm tempted to go back and re-set the defaults from the factory....although I don't know how to do that yet, either. Help, please!
    02-23-09 12:00 AM
    My g/f just got a Pearl, but doesn't want the Data plan. She just wants to use it as a regular phone. VZ is saying that the plan is required, but from everything I've read you're allowed to cancel it at any time. Can someone please clarify this for me? Thanks a ton!
    02-23-09 09:51 AM
    My g/f just got a Pearl, but doesn't want the Data plan. She just wants to use it as a regular phone. VZ is saying that the plan is required, but from everything I've read you're allowed to cancel it at any time. Can someone please clarify this for me? Thanks a ton!
    VZW requires the data plan, many other providers do not. Your only option is to switch her to a regular phone. Maybe the LG Dare, or EnV if she still wants some good features. VZW will not let you keep the Pearl on her line without a data plan.

Ok I MUCH prefer VZW myself for the quality of the Network, BUT both ATT & Tmobile who also support the Pearl do NOT require Data plans. You would have to get her a new Pearl thou as those are GSM carriers. Tmobile also has a special email only data plan that is only 9.95 a month extra, and their full data plan is only 20 (I believe) a month. Of course you then have to live (or she does) with the Tmo network.
    02-23-09 09:58 AM
    Oh man...she's gonna be ticked. Thanks for the quick reply, I appreciate it.
    02-23-09 10:03 AM
    It can't be used without the data package, no questions asked.
    Last edited by ScottRPriester; 02-23-09 at 10:05 AM.
    02-23-09 10:03 AM
    I have the family share plan and if I was to upgrade my main phone now and re-up my plan to a new 2 year, I'm not eligible for the ne2 till July, would I be able to upgrade the 2nd line in july and get the promo price for the new bold then (or when ever it comes out) or would I have to pay full price.
    02-23-09 10:54 AM
5,111 ... 5051525354 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD