View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 4849505152 ...
tools
    The 4.7 OS is for the Storm. 4.5 is what you need for HTML Email on your 8330.
    02-16-09 06:23 PM
    Is that a VXW thing? My son has the curve 81xx and he has enhanced HTML. I really loved that feature in the Storm, but not much else with the flawed touch screen for me.
    Also the features of seperae ring tones for a contact for SMS and phone.
    02-16-09 06:39 PM
    Simply software differences. However 4.5 is what allows the HTML Email for all carriers (as long as you have an 81xx or 83xx series). It has nothing to do with the provider of the phone.

EDIT: I hope that answered your question. I may have misinturpted it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 07:16 PM
    when does your contract officially switch over when you upgrade ? i upgraded via the internet and they are sending me out a new phone but i'd like to return it and stay with my current plan for now. ( i'm going to be going to thailand for a month or so in a few weeks which i just found out about ) migh as well stay with the 8130 till i get back i suppose since the upgrade will basically do me no good for a bit sorry about the rambling ne2 on 8/09
    02-17-09 09:17 AM
    Check to see if you qualify for any discounts through your employer, VZW gives out 1,000's. Home Depot gets 25% for example. This will help offset the cost.

I do--I get 20% but its still going to be roughly 160 with taxes.
    02-17-09 09:18 AM
    Your contract doesn't change until you go through the automated line to accept the terms and conditions of the new agreement.
    You also have your 30 WFG. So send it back, and it will not affect your agreement.
    02-17-09 09:20 AM
    Your contract doesn't change until you go through the automated line to accept the terms and conditions of the new agreement.
    You also have your 30 WFG. So send it back, and it will not affect your agreement.
    there is no WFG anymore...no the way it used to be anyways...as of the 15'th you hafta pay everything assosciated with the contract if you cancel before the 30 days except the activation fee, and the ETF...so it's still not too bad, but it has changed.
    02-17-09 12:26 PM
    That change to the WFG is totally unrelated to any existing customer.

Thanks for the misinformation though.

02-17-09 12:29 PM
    Does Verizon have one or would I just cancel through a c.s. rep? I have had a few rude reps lately that I have dealt with and I am thinking about leaving. So who do I need to speak with? A supervisor or a specific department.?
    Please help.
    02-17-09 12:54 PM
    Call 611 and request to disconnect. Done.

02-17-09 02:01 PM
    thanks for all the advice i've been with verizon for i dont know how long now. so i wasn't planning on giving up my account. just didn't feel like it appropriate time for an upgrade to the 8330.on my account page they still have me as my original plan date so i'm not sure if the contract gets instated when i clicked ok or when i activate the new phone.
    02-17-09 02:54 PM
    That change to the WFG is totally unrelated to any existing customer.

Thanks for the misinformation though.

K well It wasn't misinformation...It affects any customer that makes a change to their contract on or after 2-15-2009. By making a change, you're agreeing to the new terms and conditions.

is what was said, and quoted in my original post...see that underlined part...yeah...that's what I was referring to. and since that was posted todat 2-17-09 it's after the 15'th so yeah...it would affect the account if they did that.
    02-17-09 04:34 PM
    Why do the Sprint Blackberry messages I receive get cut off in mid message and at the same time why is the sender info all mixed up such as "SRSO=aVmZ3L=6U=sprint.blackberry.net ..." etc??
    02-17-09 04:37 PM
    Does Verizon have one or would I just cancel through a c.s. rep? I have had a few rude reps lately that I have dealt with and I am thinking about leaving. So who do I need to speak with? A supervisor or a specific department.?
    Please help.
    Few rude reps hmm to get that many, could it be your attitude in dealing with the situation? If you are not nice the attitude of a rep will deteriorate really fast.

But if this what you wish, then CS are the people to call for a disconnect. If you do please report back soon when you leave your new carrier for reps with bad attitudes.
    Last edited by lastraid; 02-17-09 at 07:52 PM.
    02-17-09 05:13 PM
    K well It wasn't misinformation...It affects any customer that makes a change to their contract on or after 2-15-2009. By making a change, you're agreeing to the new terms and conditions.

is what was said, and quoted in my original post...see that underlined part...yeah...that's what I was referring to. and since that was posted todat 2-17-09 it's after the 15'th so yeah...it would affect the account if they did that.
    How does the elimination of Test Drive affect an existing line? It doesn't that's how.

02-17-09 06:36 PM
    Let me make sure I understand the situation. He upgraded to a Pearl via VZW.com. The device is being mailed to him. He is traveling out of country and wants to wait to upgrade.
    He has a 30 day WFG. I don't know where you're getting your information from, but it's incorrect. Changes were placed to the test drive (if you're new and port out we no longer pay for your charges) and the amount VZW gives you on your NE2. However, these changes don't affect exsisting customers. As this individual has stated, he has been with VZW a while, so it will have no bearing on him whatsoever.
    Am I off base somewhere?
    Last edited by chalupacabra; 02-17-09 at 07:02 PM.
    02-17-09 06:55 PM
    So I'm going to be switching jobs soon and they'll be issuing me a curve. Only thing, I’ve already got a storm. Call me cheap but I don’t want to pay $30 a month if I can get the same email and internet service for free through work. I’m planning on switching my storm line to a simple dumb phone.

Since I’m not canceling my line I shouldn’t be hit with any penalties, right? The reason I ask such a seemingly simple question is that I vaguely remember the store rep saying something about having to keep the equipment/phone (not just the storm but any phone) for a certain amount of days, like 90 or 180, otherwise verizon would charge me a penalty.

What was the store rep talking about or did I get mixed up somewhere.
    02-18-09 12:59 AM
    Depends oh where you bought it. A 3rd party retailer may charge you.

02-18-09 01:12 AM
    So I'm going to be switching jobs soon and they'll be issuing me a curve. Only thing, Ive already got a storm. Call me cheap but I dont want to pay $30 a month if I can get the same email and internet service for free through work. Im planning on switching my storm line to a simple dumb phone.

Since Im not canceling my line I shouldnt be hit with any penalties, right? The reason I ask such a seemingly simple question is that I vaguely remember the store rep saying something about having to keep the equipment/phone (not just the storm but any phone) for a certain amount of days, like 90 or 180, otherwise verizon would charge me a penalty.

What was the store rep talking about or did I get mixed up somewhere.
    Switching your Storm line to a dumb phone line??? Since you're keeping service then technically you're not canceling so you're right, no ETF.

If you were canceling your Storm line altogether, then you could be facing an ETF, assuming you renewed your contract when you purchased your Storm. If this is the case, I would reccommend proposing to your employer to to an "assumption of liability" on your Storm line to take over your existing number/contract and continue using your Storm. This way your company will honor out your contract and you don't have to worry about a penalty.
    02-18-09 06:56 AM
    Switching your Storm line to a dumb phone line??? Since you're keeping service then technically you're not canceling so you're right, no ETF.

If you were canceling your Storm line altogether, then you could be facing an ETF, assuming you renewed your contract when you purchased your Storm. If this is the case, I would reccommend proposing to your employer to to an "assumption of liability" on your Storm line to take over your existing number/contract and continue using your Storm. This way your company will honor out your contract and you don't have to worry about a penalty.
    That is of course assuming your work has Verizon service, otherwise that won't work. BUT as you probably know no matter what provider they have your Berry from them will also handle your personal email (9 instead of 10 since your BES work email will take one of the slots)
    02-18-09 08:17 AM
    If only my new job used Verizon. That would be perfect but they use AT&T and that's not to change anytime soon. Thanks for all the info. I just got my new work curve when I came in this morning, guess I'll be going to a verizon store tonight and switching out my line.
    02-18-09 11:02 AM
    If only my new job used Verizon. That would be perfect but they use AT&T and that's not to change anytime soon. Thanks for all the info. I just got my new work curve when I came in this morning, guess I'll be going to a verizon store tonight and switching out my line.
    Yea that was my situation too, till my work **** budget cut my BB. I had the best of both worlds, the best 2 networks. Generally VZW has better coverage for me, BUT on those rare occiasions that I had no or little bars with my VZW cell, I could use my limited ATT minutes. At that time I had a regular VZW cell phone, BUT once you get the taste of a BB, it's hard to go back, so after work took my BB away I upgraded my VZW phone and plan ASAP.
    02-18-09 11:24 AM
    1. To the best of my knowledge NO Verizon will not adopt the "my circle" plan. that was one of the things that will hold up the migration of Allel to Verizon

2. V-Cast is a plan for music devices like the Dare. it allows them to search mobile web without a per MB charge. It also is a service for downloading music. BB does not use mobile web/get it now if you were to have this service it would be another $15 on top of the $29.99 BIS

Someone was not on their 'friends and family' game!
    02-18-09 12:27 PM
    I have a BB Curve. Sort of a newbie. I downloaded several ringtones from this site and they won't play. I get a message - "The media being played is of an unsupported format"
    02-18-09 04:31 PM
    Someone was not on their 'friends and family' game!
    I have to back amusick on this one. The "friends and family" plan was a complete shock to us employees. We didnt get a word of it til 3 days prior to. I would've put money of 7pm nights before "my circle".

In fact, if I remember right, I found about it online from phonescoop before I went to work that morning when we got the news last week. Funny how much I find out about my company on the internet! You'd figure as an employee we would know weeks in advance!

But to you Alltell customers, enjoy the 80 million mobile-to-mobile +10. And to you existing VZW customers...enjoy the +10 LOL!!!
    02-18-09 07:52 PM
5,111 ... 4849505152 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD