View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 09:42 AM
5,111 ... 34567 ...
tools
    JRSCCivic98 my friend. You are right. Completely right and I would stand by what you did in the store. I know one bad experience can be a dealbreaker. Such is the case with any industry. I know CS is a huge push for any industry, including Verizon. Me personally, if I have an issue with anything I submit feedback. Vzw.com and click on Contact Us is the number one way to voice complaints and suggestions. I myself have sent feedback via that weblink several times. Poor coverage in your area? Contact Us link. I highly recommend it.

But all in all, I totally agree with everything you stated apart from verizon customer service sucking. With every company, there's a few clumps that still haven't been sifted through. I can only vouch for myself, and wish in the future you have far better customer service than what you have been receiving.

-Columbo <--i liked that show

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-08 03:42 PM
    Ha ha ha, that was well said pl. Jenay is still going through some things with VZW. Amazing.
    Grrr. Sure am.

09-23-08 04:00 PM
    I have repeatedly had bad experiences with CS reps from just about every industry you can imagine (ok, maybe not the adult industry). I spent close to an hour on the phone with the customer disservice reps for my cable company this morning (they canceled my morning appointment for the 3rd time without calling me). My one shinning beacon in a sea of utter stupidity has been Verizon. I will admit to coming across a few bad apples (especially dealing with techs), but overall the reps are kind, helpful and knowledgeable. After switching from At&t where I was informed that, "I am sorry you are having problems, but we are just not going to do anything about your lack of service." when I called because I could not make or receive phone calls at home (with the exception of a literal 2 foot square in my back yard) VZW was a breath of fresh air in the CS department. They have bent over backwards to help me on several occasions.

I will also echo what Spyderz said about voicing complaints. After my second or third year with VZW I went to upgrade a couple of phones. They were running a promo price that would end the next day and I had a 1 day window, with only a few hours left, to take advantage of the price. I spoke with a very nice CS rep named Vanessa on the phone and she informed me that I could make the upgrade at the local company store or over the phone. I then met my wife at the store and we picked out the phones we wanted. We talked to the clerk (I refuse to give this **** a CS or even a rep title) who informed us that we could not make the change in the store and would have to do it online or over the phone (by mail either way). When I told him that this was not the information I had received earlier he stated that the people in the call center never know what is going on.

I then called Vanessa back and talked with her about this. She asked me to go into the store and have the clerk call her so that this could be straightened out. When I went back in he refused to call. I asked for his manager and she came out to speak with me and then she refused to call, informing me that she and the others had "paying" customers to deal with.

Needless to say, I was a little mad at being treated this way after so many years of great service. I called Vanessa and she directed me to a kiosk in the mall where I was taken care of right away. She even called ahead and this guy actually had the phones sitting on the counter and ready to activate when we walked up. I later called back to thank Vanessa for all her help and she asked if I would mind speaking to her supervisor. I thought she was looking for a verbal pat on the back, which I would have had no problem providing, but she actually wanted me to report the activity that had occurred at the store to him. We spoke for a few minutes and he asked if I would mind speaking to his supervisor, which I also had no problem with. Please keep in mind that I am not some VIP or even a real long time customer at this point. I had only had service with Verizon for about 2 or 3 years.

A day or so later I had to return to the problem store because the kiosk did not have the case my wife wanted. I went up to the counter and asked about the case and the CS started to help me look for it. During this time he happened to mention that he had no idea where anything in the store was located. I asked if he was new and he said that he had worked for VZW for several years but that this was not his normal store. I asked if they were short handed and he stated that no one there was from that store. He said that all the people that had worked there had been fired. I made a comment about them all being very rude in the past and he said that mine was a very common sentiment.

Sorry, that was a rather long winded way of saying that calling and voicing your complaints about problems you are having actually does have some weight with Verizon. I am sure that I am not the only person to have called about the people at that location, I know I am not that important. the fact that they took action is what I find impressive. While it should be common practice for any company, most are working with the mindset that customers a stupid cattle and should be treated as such. VZW still treats me like a human being and I respect that.

Also, with regards to CDMA I am by no means an expert, but I know Sprint uses CMDA and their service in my area is horrible. I can have my Verizon BB next to a coworkers Sprint BB and he will have 2 bars compared to my 5. This leads me to believe that it isn't just being a CMDA network that makes Verizon a better network, but like I said, not an expert.
    09-23-08 04:33 PM
    Me personally, if I have an issue with anything I submit feedback. Vzw.com and click on Contact Us is the number one way to voice complaints and suggestions. I myself have sent feedback via that weblink several times. Poor coverage in your area? Contact Us link. I highly recommend it.
    Come on, do you honestly think I didn't file a complaint online about that experience? Psshhhh.

Also, with regards to CDMA I am by no means an expert, but I know Sprint uses CMDA and their service in my area is horrible. I can have my Verizon BB next to a coworkers Sprint BB and he will have 2 bars compared to my 5. This leads me to believe that it isn't just being a CMDA network that makes Verizon a better network, but like I said, not an expert.
    That has more to do with PRL and PRI programming then you think. Some carriers have their own radios on the towers, while others simply share the radios from another carrier. Prioritization of who's handset has the better signal depends on a lot of things, but mostly on the backend of what the agreement between the carriers is. For example, in my area, Alltel owns most of the CDMA towers, but that doesn't stop Verizon from having excellent coverage in my area. Some carriers can't afford to have as many radios on the towers as other carriers (i.e. Verizon), but trust me, the technology capabilities are the same. Unfortunatly, as with any signal based technology, quantaty in this case equates to quality.

Now, on to more important things. I think in regards to your adult industry mention, that happens because those people are more relaxed due to the increased endorphen levels in their brains on a daily basis. Keeps them calmer and cooler when talking to others. lol What do you think?
    09-23-08 05:05 PM
    Unlimited is not really unlimited.. It has a 5gb cap.
    Just wanted to make sure that was mentioned.. Some people think unlimited is unlimited, this is not the case.....
    You are incorrect.

Wireless transfer TO the handset is completely unlimited

IF you tether you have a 5gb limit.
    *edit* sp
    09-23-08 05:14 PM
    Ok, quick question. I have three lines on a family share plan. The primary line and my line were upgraded 4 months ago. The third line is my sister in law's and is eligible for upgrade. With the STORM "coming soon" will I be able to upgrade her line but move the storm over to my line so she keeps her original phone and I get the storm?
    09-23-08 05:25 PM
    Ok, quick question. I have three lines on a family share plan. The primary line and my line were upgraded 4 months ago. The third line is my sister in law's and is eligible for upgrade. With the STORM "coming soon" will I be able to upgrade her line but move the storm over to my line so she keeps her original phone and I get the storm?
    Yes, it will renew her contract and you just have to do an esn change. Online the esn change is free, in-stores or thru 611 its a $20 fee

09-23-08 05:30 PM
    ^^^ I'm going to say no on that one, but that doesn't keep you from upgrading her line with the phone and BB plan, then going home and droping the BB data plan off her line and programming her old phone to work on it. Then taking the BB and activating it on your number and moving your BIS config over to the new ESN/PIN. The upgrade however will still show on her line. But what do I know... I'm not a VZW CSR.
    09-23-08 05:31 PM
    Thx appreciate the help.
    09-23-08 05:32 PM
    So who, besides amusick, is officially running this thread? I'm only asking cuz I see how demanding it can be. I notice others helping but wanted to ask anyway.
    09-23-08 06:32 PM
    So who, besides amusick, is officially running this thread? I'm only asking cuz I see how demanding it can be. I notice others helping but wanted to ask anyway.
    I'm not officially running...but its my day off and I've got nothin better to do cuz I'm home with the flu lol

09-23-08 06:45 PM
    I'm not officially running...but its my day off and I've got nothin better to do cuz I'm home with the flu lol

Hope you get well soon. By the way , good job helping out.
    09-23-08 06:50 PM

So sorry to hear that. I hope you get well soon and remember... Don't go back to work before you're well again. You don't want to infect "the network". You know how overprotective of their network Verizon is disabling features that risk network security... cough-gps-cough... and all that. They might decided to disable your paycheck. lol I kill me!
    09-23-08 07:50 PM
    So sorry to hear that. I hope you get well soon and remember... Don't go back to work before you're well again. You don't want to infect "the network". You know how overprotective of their network Verizon is disabling features that risk network security... cough-gps-cough... and all that. They might decided to disable your paycheck. lol I kill me!
    Hahahaha well I admit that got a laugh out of me lol if only the gps was unlocked I could use it to find me a cure... :P

09-23-08 07:55 PM
    Lol seems like there are enough reps on here to cover thethread. Its hard to run a thread where there's 8 pages of posts on the 1st day.

Most of the questions so far are pretty generic and can be answered by 99% of the reps out there.
    09-23-08 08:26 PM

Vzw rep here to help if needed

09-23-08 09:28 PM
    WOW! I cleaned all the crap from this thread. This thread was created to help people out not bash VZW and push around what you think you may know.. Now with that being said this thread is going to go back on topic and if it doesn't then I'll close the thread and sit some people in time out.. Now kids play nice

Click
    09-23-08 10:46 PM
    WOW! I cleaned all the crap from this thread. This thread was created to help people out not bash VZW and push around what you think you may know.. Now with that being said this thread is going to go back on topic and if it doesn't then I'll close the thread and sit some people in time out.. Now kids play nice

Click
    ...And with that said. I'm out. If any of you would like direct assistance with anything, here's my PIN: 30424C19

The posting of 'pushing around' was resulted from a customer's direct response to the Poll for this thread. Seeing as I would assume polls would be related to threads..in this case it is not. Once again, here's my pin if you need a quick direct answer

30424C19

Its been a pleasure.

09-23-08 10:58 PM
    <---vzw rep
    09-24-08 12:54 AM
    <---- currently posting from a sup que

lol i love my job.
    09-24-08 01:30 AM
    Here's a question..

How can a current 3 month Curve user move up to the Storm once it is out without paying full price for it? Is it possible?
    09-24-08 02:02 PM
    Here's a question..

How can a current 3 month Curve user move up to the Storm once it is out without paying full price for it? Is it possible?
    do you have another line on your account that is eligible to upgrade?

if not, then: you'll have to pay retail for it.

but you can get money towards your new Blackberry by using the Blackberry Trade Up program:

BlackBerry Trade Up Program
    Last edited by chrisy520; 09-24-08 at 03:25 PM.
    09-24-08 03:23 PM
    do you have another line on your account that is eligible to upgrade?

if not, then: you'll have to pay retail for it.

but you can get money towards your new Blackberry by using the Blackberry Trade Up program:

BlackBerry Trade Up Program
    LOL..can't quite trade in the curve yet..not on the list to choose from...unless I email them for a quote. But.....if I get another line..then add it to the family plan later..
    09-24-08 03:36 PM
    LOL..can't quite trade in the curve yet..not on the list to choose from...unless I email them for a quote. But.....if I get another line..then add it to the family plan later..
    Blackberry is about to add it on the list of trade ups. they are getting ready for the wave of people trading in Curves for the New Blackberrys! Keep watching the site.

or you could sell it on ebay!
    09-24-08 03:41 PM
    Can't you simply renew your contract online (purchase phone at new 2 year contract price)? You won't get your NE2 discount, but you will get the online price for the new phone. A new 2 year contract will activate on your account from the date you activate the new phone.
    09-24-08 06:03 PM
5,111 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD