View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 4748495051 ...
tools
    only if you do it tethered. Internal on the device is unlim.
    02-14-09 07:54 AM
    any idea when the bb pearl flip will be ouut for verizon? whats your personal opinion on the price?
    02-14-09 02:27 PM
    No idea on price and availability. It will come when it comes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 02:42 PM
    This is my first post.. ...Is there any way to craft a VZW plan similar to Sprint's that could get me closer to $130 per month?

Thanks in advance!
    Not really, but there area few things you can try. Do you work for a company that has service with Verizon? If so, you may also qualify for their corporate discount on your personal service as well. If you're not sure if your company gets a discount, ask when you're at a store, or call Customer Care. It could be anywhere from 6-20% off your monthly line of service.

The other thing to consider is from the business end. Sprint, even with their outrageously good plans, is bleeding customers at a rate they cannot sustain for another year. If they don't turn this around, they will soon be closing the doors, leaving you with a nice phone and no service.
    If you look at recent news, they are closing 250 stores in the US, and, I believe, 9 call centers, so it's going to be harder to get service or support for your devices.
    Sprint requires that you carry insurance in order to receive in-store warranty service. If you don't carry insurance, they will charge you $55 to look at your phone. The only purpose they have in looking at your phone is to take it apart to find ANYTHING they can claim is liquid damage so they do not have to replace your phone. This story is from personal experience, not conjecture.
    Also, Sprint's termination fee is $200/line. Unlike Verizon, they do not lower your fee every month you pay your bill on time. If you cancel the day before you contract ends, $200/line.
    The call center employees at Sprint are REQUIRED to try to upsell you. My friend who works for one of the centers gets docked "quality points" is she does not make an effort to upgrade, therefore restart, your 2 year contract.
    Lastly, anything you do with your plan extends your contract. If you upgrade your minutes, downgrade your minutes, add or remove a data plan, you are extending your contract. What was the finalstraw for me was when they changed my plan without my authorization, then fixed the mistake, they extended my contract for 2 years from the date they fixed their mistake.

The funny thing is, Sprint is bleeding all those customers because of their industry-worst customer service, and they are laying off 8,000 of those people, making it even harder to get bad customer service.
    02-14-09 09:43 PM
    Hi guys,

Can anyone please tell me how I can preserve voicemails? Right now I have 12 in my mailbox and will probably be running out of space soon. Is there any way I can get myself mp3s of them, or in some way keep the audio while removing them from my mailbox, without putting my phone on speaker and holding it up to a microphone on my computer? (I doubt the voices would even be audible via this method, anyway.) I really don't want to delete these but have no idea how to save them long-term.
    Many thanks!
    Not really. There is a service that can be found that is provided by a third part company. It is very expensive in my opinion. You might be able info on this at Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, Cell Phone Accessories - Verizon Wireless or you can call CS at 800-922-0404 and they can provide you the infomration.
    02-15-09 08:54 AM
    Only other option I can think of is switching to youmail, but that doesn't help your current voice mails.

02-15-09 08:56 AM
    Here is the VM info I found for you.

Can I have a permanent copy made of a Voice Mail message?
    Yes, permanent copies of your Voice Mail messages can be made in many ways but you can have CBW Productions, Inc. make a copy for you at a minimal fee. Go to CBW Productions and go to the bottom of the page to select the format you wish to use for your message archive. This is not a Verizon Wireless service and before any Voice Mail Messages can be copied, you must register with CBW.

If you do not have Internet access, you can contact CBW directly and place a phone order Monday through Thursday between 9am - 5pm EST and Friday 10am - 4pm at (800) 770-8046 or (877) 244-3222.

Please note: In order to have a copy of your message(s) made, you will be asked to provide CBW Productions, Inc. with your mobile phone number and Voice Mail password so they can access your mailbox. The message(s) you wish to have copied MUST still be present in your Voice Mailbox. If a message has already been deleted, it cannot be retrieved or copied. Your Voice Mail messages cannot be enhanced; therefore, any copies will be exactly what you hear in your mailbox; if the message that was left for you is garbled, the copy of the message will be as well. This archival service is not available for SMS (text) messages. CBW also provides Notary services for VM messages that are being archived.

How much does it cost to have a message copied? Messages Saved as MP3 Files and Delivered via E-mail*

Cost = $5 per message

*Due to firewall restrictions, etc., there is a limit of 10 messages per mobile phone number per month for MP3 delivery. Orders will be processed within 5 business days from the time that the order is placed. Messages Saved to CD or Cassette.

Number of Messages
    Cost

1-3
    $20.00

4-6
    $30.00

7-10
    $40.00

11-21
    $55.00

22 messages and up
    Contact CBW Productions, Inc
    for a price quote.

Additional Information:
    All prices listed above include CD or cassette tape and shipping. FedEx or Priority Mail is available upon request and requires additional shipping charges.
    There is a 40 message archival limit per mobile phone number per month.
    Message recordings in excess of 60 minutes will incur additional processing fees of $100 per hour (billed in 15-minute increments).
    Orders will be processed within 5 business days from the time that the order is placed.
    Notary letters = $20 per order (one notarized letter will be sent and will cover all messages archived as part of that order).
    02-15-09 09:04 AM
    Will verizon ever offer the friends and family as a addon to plans that dont qualify? i have 450 minutes and i always hit it though i only actually talk to my fiance because she calls me instead of texting...every else i talk to via sms/email/im so the friends and family would be perfect but i dont want to bump up to the 900 minute plan. thanks.
    02-15-09 10:55 AM
    Will verizon ever offer the friends and family as a addon to plans that dont qualify? i have 450 minutes and i always hit it though i only actually talk to my fiance because she calls me instead of texting...every else i talk to via sms/email/im so the friends and family would be perfect but i dont want to bump up to the 900 minute plan. thanks.
    Great question - The only info right now is for qualifying plans. This means that it is a wait and see situation. Sorry, but I hope so. If nothing else once the system is up and running, there maybe a fee for non- qualifying plans like $5 for 5 numbers. This is speculation on my part though
    02-15-09 11:00 AM
    I have vzw account - I work 2 blocks from a cell phone tower, to this day any where i go, I have never had a signal strength better than 1XEV, Is there really a such thing as 3G, Do I need to sign up for it? I dont Have it on my Storm 9530 and I never did on my Curve 8330 or Pearl 8130. Whats the deal?
    Last edited by fatazzbooger; 02-15-09 at 01:51 PM.
    02-15-09 12:21 PM
    I have vzw account - I work 2 blocks from a cell phone tower, to this day any where i go, I have never had a signal strength better than 1XEV, Is there really a such thing as 3GP, Do I need to sign up for it? I dont Have it on my Storm 9530 and I never did on my Curve 8330 or Pearl 8130. Whats the deal?
    1XEV is the indicator for VZW 3G
    02-15-09 12:36 PM
    I have vzw account - I work 2 blocks from a cell phone tower, to this day any where i go, I have never had a signal strength better than 1XEV, Is there really a such thing as 3GP, Do I need to sign up for it? I dont Have it on my Storm 9530 and I never did on my Curve 8330 or Pearl 8130. Whats the deal?
    AT&T has done a fantastic job of brainwashing people to think that their 3G is the only 3G. VZW phones (and sprint, us cellular for that matter) show 1XEV for 3G since that is the actual name for the technology, EVDO, which is the CDMA varient of the GSM (t-mo, att) HSDPA. While ATT finds it necessary to dumb down their technical term to "3G", VZW has no dumbing down.

02-15-09 12:43 PM
    1XEV is the indicator for VZW 3G
    Thank you Niubeav & Lastraid for answering that, I learn something new every day! Kudos to both!
    02-15-09 02:02 PM
    I have had my first Curve for almost a month. I would really like to try out the Storm to see if its a better fit for me. Would it be appropriate for me to call Verizon and ask to try a Storm for 30 days?

02-15-09 04:57 PM
    If you hae only hasd the curve for less than 30 days and want to get the storm, they will do this for you, there will be a re-stocking fee of $35 to do it though. Also you did buy the device from VZW right?
    02-15-09 05:06 PM
    I did. Do I have to return the curve during the time I have the storm?

02-15-09 05:15 PM
    Yes...you can only have one phone per line out from VZW at a time, unless you pay the full retail price for the phone.

02-15-09 07:32 PM
    also your 30 days doesn't start over. So if you exchange at 29 days then you only have 1 day left on your wfg.
    02-16-09 12:13 AM
    This is my first post.. so please go easy on me.

I am finally going to breakdown and get a Blackberry. I've been with Verizon for about 10 years or so now and actually my contract was up about 3 years ago (been going month-to-month.) At the same time, my phone hasn't been upgraded for 3 years either.

My wife is also a long-time customer as well. Here contract was up a year or so ago and has also been going month-to-month.

We've yet to go on to a family plan... basically just out of laziness.

The current BOGO promotion has me intrigued as my wife and I were both interested in blackberries.

If we take the plunge, I need to figure out the best plan for us. I just built a plan on the website as follows:

Nationwide Basic Family SharePlan 700 - $69.99/mo

On each phone I selected the following options:
    - 500 messages PLUS Unlimited Mobile to Mobile Messaging $10.00 Monthly
    - Decline Equipment Protection $0.00 Monthly
    - Email and Web for BlackBerry $29.99 Monthly
    - VZ Navigatorsm (First month FREE for a limited time only!) $9.99 Monthly

My monthly total would be $169.95

Would that be my best option?

The one hang up I have is that a guy that I work with is currently a Sprint customer. He has their "Everything Data Share" plan which is as follows:

- Unlimited data: Web surfing, email, BlackBerry Internet Services (BIS), GPS Navigation, Music Premier, TV Premier, NFL Mobile Live and NASCAR Sprint Cup MobileSM
    - Unlimited messaging: Text, pictures and video
    1500 minutes; Unlimited mobile to mobile, night calling and weekends starting at 7 p.m., nationwide long distance and no roaming charges

This plan is $129.99 per month

1.) The Sprint plan has more minutes (1500 to 700)
    2.) Sprint has unlimited texting opposed to 500 for VZW
    3.) Each has navigation, unlimited email & web
    4.) Sprint is $40 per month cheaper

I would really like to stay with Verizon as I've had no problems in the past.. but for $40 per month it makes the decision harder to stay.

Is there any way to craft a VZW plan similar to Sprint's that could get me closer to $130 per month?

Thanks in advance!
    Sprint sucks! Avoid it at all cost.
    02-16-09 06:23 AM
    If you have a standalone BB plan, does the add a line for 9.99 apply to that in order to add standard lines without data or do you have to change to a family plan?
    02-16-09 08:29 AM
    If you have a standalone BB plan, does the add a line for 9.99 apply to that in order to add standard lines without data or do you have to change to a family plan?
    gotta go to family share
    02-16-09 11:01 AM
    dang that sucks--adds up to over 160--cause the other 2 lines dont need all the features
    02-16-09 02:03 PM
    dang that sucks--adds up to over 160--cause the other 2 lines dont need all the features
    Check to see if you qualify for any discounts through your employer, VZW gives out 1,000's. Home Depot gets 25% for example. This will help offset the cost.
    02-16-09 03:19 PM
    I have had my first Curve for almost a month. I would really like to try out the Storm to see if its a better fit for me. Would it be appropriate for me to call Verizon and ask to try a Storm for 30 days?

I just urned the Storm I goon Sat. he keyboard would nocome up and the touch screen was noaccurate at all. It was not very user friendly. I had an 8830 and wanted the new real HTML email feature, that was good but basically didn't like it that much
    02-16-09 06:14 PM
    I just traded my 8830 for the Curve 8130 so I cold get enhanced HTML mail, but it was loaded with software 4.5 and I neeed 4.7 for this, where can I find it?
    02-16-09 06:21 PM
5,111 ... 4748495051 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD