View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 09:42 AM
5,111 ... 4647484950 ...
tools
    Kept these two questions together because they directly relate together. If your mom is going to keep her phone but apply the new every two to say the Storm..then she'd have to upgrade her phone to the Storm first, then you AOL her line and do an ESN change back to her phone, do an ESN change on your phone to the Storm and upgrade your wife's phone to the the Voyager. That's going to be your most cost effective way to do this.

As a customer in the last 4 months of your contract, Verizon Wireless offers a loyalty 550 plan that would be the same price for you. (50 + 9.99 + 9.99)
    Great information. A few questions.

1. What is ESN? Just want to make sure I understand all of this.

2. Is this the order you are saying?
    • Mom NE2 upgrades to Storm
    • Assume Liability of her contract to our plan
    • ESN (?) so she is back on her original phone
    • ESN (?) to put the Storm on my phone number
    • Use our NE2 to upgrade my wife's phone to the Voyager

As I was looking on the VZW website I see costs of $199 for the Storm (unless you buy two) and $79.99 (contract upgrade price) for the Voyager. Would I then be looking at: $199 - 50 NE2 (Mom's account) + 79.99 Voyager - 50 NE2 (our account) = $178.99. Just wanted to make sure.

The loyalty deal sounds simply fantastic. If I call in should I just straight up mention "the 550 minute loyalty plan"?

Speaking of that, should I use the same terms you have used here ("I need to ESN...") or try to explain it in plain english?

And should these be separate calls, as in my Mom calls and upgrades to the Storm, then we AOL, etc. etc. Or can we do it all on one phone call? Best number to call?

Thanks again!
    02-12-09 02:12 PM

As I was looking on the VZW website I see costs of $199 for the Storm (unless you buy two) and $79.99 (contract upgrade price) for the Voyager. Would I then be looking at: $199 - 50 NE2 (Mom's account) + 79.99 Voyager - 50 NE2 (our account) = $178.99. Just wanted to make sure.

The loyalty deal sounds simply fantastic. If I call in should I just straight up mention "the 550 minute loyalty plan"?

Speaking of that, should I use the same terms you have used here ("I need to ESN...") or try to explain it in plain english?

And should these be separate calls, as in my Mom calls and upgrades to the Storm, then we AOL, etc. etc. Or can we do it all on one phone call? Best number to call?

Thanks again!
    ESN = Electronic Serial Number...It's just the serial number of the phone...under the battery on a sticker. I'd do it in 3 seperate phone calls...Have mom upgrade, Then do the A.O.L. then have wifey upgrade, do esn changes, and price plan changes in the 3'rd call.

Numbers to call...Assumption # is - 1-888-832-4540
    CS number either 611 on you VZW phone, or 1-800-922-0204
    and you can just call customer service to do the price plan changes and upgrade moms phone, or mom can go upgrade in a store to get the phone right then and there, then go outside....do the A.O.L. come back in, upgrade wifey, and price plan change, and ESN change.
    02-12-09 02:25 PM

Thanks again!
    Sorry bout that, I use jargon sometimes without realizing it. ESN stands for Electronic Serial Number and is basically just an industry way of saying "Phone" lol. it's the number we use to tie your account to that particular phone.

That list looks exactly right, when you call in to do the changes just tell the representative you are doing an ESN change. They will know immediately what you are talking about and will guarantee it gets done right for you.

That pricing looks exactly right

The best number to call would be 1-800-922-0204. It's going to have to be at least two calls. The first call would be your mom calling to upgrade the storm. During that call have her authorize you to perform an Assumption of Liability on the line. Once the Storm arrives (free overnight is available right now) Activate the storm. Then call in, perform the assumption of liability and then the ESN changes, and upgrade your wifes phone all in the same call.
    02-12-09 02:29 PM
    Yep still a bit lost if I may I'll post more info about my account so that you can dumb it down for me a bit. Service started on 04/19/08 paid a $400 deposit 2 year contract, first account ever with VZW, I have unlimited everything $99 voice unl BlackBerry unl txt unl pic and vid messaging everything possible unlimited, bill is $164.xx a month never been late on a payment, don't have a clue about VIP customer thanx again you rock!!!!! 8)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 02:33 PM
    Yep still a bit lost if I may I'll post more info about my account so that you can dumb it down for me a bit. Service started on 04/19/08 paid a $400 deposit 2 year contract, first account ever with VZW, I have unlimited everything $99 voice unl BlackBerry unl txt unl pic and vid messaging everything possible unlimited, bill is $164.xx a month never been late on a payment, don't have a clue about VIP customer thanx again you rock!!!!! 8)

On 4/19/2009 you'll be able to upgrade and get $50 off the 2 year price as you definitely qualify for VIP benefits with a plan like that. Unfortunately not before then though.
    02-12-09 02:43 PM
    If I call my verizon rep and they unlock the storm for me...does that void the warranty?
    02-12-09 02:50 PM
    Thanx again for your time is there somewhere I can get this info and print it so that I might take it with me when I go and including the VIP requirements?

02-12-09 02:50 PM
    ESN = Electronic Serial Number...It's just the serial number of the phone...under the battery on a sticker. I'd do it in 3 seperate phone calls...Have mom upgrade, Then do the A.O.L. then have wifey upgrade, do esn changes, and price plan changes in the 3'rd call.

Numbers to call...Assumption # is - 1-888-832-4540
    CS number either 611 on you VZW phone, or 1-800-922-0204
    and you can just call customer service to do the price plan changes and upgrade moms phone, or mom can go upgrade in a store to get the phone right then and there, then go outside....do the A.O.L. come back in, upgrade wifey, and price plan change, and ESN change.
    Sorry bout that, I use jargon sometimes without realizing it. ESN stands for Electronic Serial Number and is basically just an industry way of saying "Phone" lol. it's the number we use to tie your account to that particular phone.

That list looks exactly right, when you call in to do the changes just tell the representative you are doing an ESN change. They will know immediately what you are talking about and will guarantee it gets done right for you.

That pricing looks exactly right

The best number to call would be 1-800-922-0204. It's going to have to be at least two calls. The first call would be your mom calling to upgrade the storm. During that call have her authorize you to perform an Assumption of Liability on the line. Once the Storm arrives (free overnight is available right now) Activate the storm. Then call in, perform the assumption of liability and then the ESN changes, and upgrade your wifes phone all in the same call.
    Will they then ship the phone to my Mom if she does the upgrade? We are in separate states Or could she tell them to send it to my address?

Going off what Dementius has said:
    1. Mom calls, upgrades to Storm (with BB package), authorizes AOL. Result: phone is shipped overnight to TN (Mom address).
    2. Phone arrives. Activate phone with her phone number.
    3. I call in after phone is activated. Perform AOL. Perform ESN/phone changes (this phone goes with this phone number, essentially). Upgrade wife's phone on same call.
    4. Have Mom drop the phone back in the overnight mail to me.

Dumb question: would I be able to get the same deal if this was all done in person at an official VZW store? Or better to call and deal with not having a phone for a day or two?

Also, what happens with my Mom's old phone? When she activates the storm, will that essentially deactivate her current phone?
    Last edited by kmully; 02-12-09 at 03:15 PM.
    02-12-09 02:54 PM
    If I call my verizon rep and they unlock the storm for me...does that void the warranty?
    Not if VZW are the ones that unlock it for you.
    02-12-09 03:12 PM
    Will they then ship the phone to my Mom if she does the upgrade? We are in separate states

Going off what Dementius has said:
    1. Mom calls, upgrades to Storm (with BB package), authorizes AOL. Result: phone is shipped overnight to TN.
    2. Phone arrives. Activate phone with her phone number.
    3. I call in after phone is activated. Perform AOL. Perform ESN/phone changes (this phone goes with this phone number, essentially). Upgrade wife's phone on same call.
    4. Have Mom drop the phone back in the overnight mail to me.

Dumb question: would I be able to get the same deal if this was all done in person at an official VZW store? Or better to call and deal with not having a phone for a day or two?
    Your mom can have the phone shipped to you instead of to her to save you any time of going without a phone. Stores to my knowledge are unable to process AOL's and if they did you both would have to be there..the phone would be the best way to do it.
    02-12-09 04:13 PM
    Your mom can have the phone shipped to you instead of to her to save you any time of going without a phone. Stores to my knowledge are unable to process AOL's and if they did you both would have to be there..the phone would be the best way to do it.
    I appreciate all of the help.

Another quick question: if my Mom uses her NE2 discount, won't she have to re-sign the contract for another 2 years? Then if I AOL her account, won't I be stuck with a 2 year plan ($40/month) for her? Or will they let me convert it from that plan to an added line?

Just want to make sure we don't shoot ourselves in the foot here. Also trying to make this as easy to understand for her as possible. Thanks!
    02-12-09 07:49 PM
    6 total lines
    5 on Nationwide Select Family Share 700 mins
    1st phone is $90 contract ends 04/25/09 (NE2 = $100)
    2nd phone $9.99 contract ends 04/25/09
    3rd phone (OnStar) $9.99 just says eligible to upgrade now (doesn't have absolute date)
    4th phone $9.99 contract ends 06/28/10
    5th phone $9.99 contract ends 11/15/10
    6th phone (Storm) is on a contract alone with Nationwide Select 450 mins $59.99 + 29.99 BIS
    ==============
    The 5th phone was old equipment that we added, and therefore I believe should be listed as month to month. If so , couldn't I upgrade it as long as I signed up for 2 more years?
    Last edited by FAnjel; 02-13-09 at 09:19 AM. Reason: found out something on my own
    02-12-09 09:39 PM

Another quick question: if my Mom uses her NE2 discount, won't she have to re-sign the contract for another 2 years? Then if I AOL her account, won't I be stuck with a 2 year plan ($40/month) for her? Or will they let me convert it from that plan to an added line?

Just want to make sure we don't shoot ourselves in the foot here. Also trying to make this as easy to understand for her as possible. Thanks!
    When you AOL a line- the contract reverts to a one year agreement.
    02-12-09 09:57 PM

You can change your plan at any time without a contract extension.
    02-12-09 09:59 PM
    Storm Seeker -- which one is it? Or are you saying it would be a 1 year contract extension of the $40 plan, but that I can convert it for free to a 9.99 extra line?
    02-12-09 10:30 PM
    Storm Seeker -- which one is it? Or are you saying it would be a 1 year contract extension of the $40 plan, but that I can convert it for free to a 9.99 extra line?
    Contracts with verizon wireless never lock you into a certain plan. You always have the option of changing it. By renewing her line, she's just agreeing that she's not going to cancel that service with Verizon Wireless for the next 2 years. You are definitely still able to switch her to a 9.99 plan after you complete the AOL
    02-13-09 02:07 AM
    Contracts with verizon wireless never lock you into a certain plan. You always have the option of changing it. By renewing her line, she's just agreeing that she's not going to cancel that service with Verizon Wireless for the next 2 years. You are definitely still able to switch her to a 9.99 plan after you complete the AOL
    KMULLY- This is correct. You can change the plan to whatever you like after the AOL is completed. Contract or as it is on the VZW.com website- Customer Service Agreement- does not lock you into any plan. You can change your plan to any available promotion at any time without changing your term. This is true no matter what the price of the plan is. Any plan available currently is considered a current promotion of sort. See the Customer Service Agreement link at the bottom of VZW.com for the complete customer service agreement. Also, if you call their customer service, they can even send you an email with a link to the page with information regarding the AOL and the Customer Service Agreement.
    02-13-09 10:22 AM
    Since when does the "text" alert that you get for a new voicemail include caller ID information? That's pretty darn cool!
    02-13-09 11:58 AM
    with a VZW BB DATA plan, are we able to taek advantage of the 9.99 add a line feature to add standard lines sharing the mins?
    02-13-09 12:01 PM
    VZW is also coming out with something similar to ALLTEL's fav 5. If you have at least the 900 min single line plan you can pick 5 numbers, and if you have 1400 min family share you can pick 10 numbers (shared for all phones in the family share) that are free to call...comes out 2-15...when the NE2 changes, and the test drive ends.
    02-13-09 12:26 PM
    This is my first post.. so please go easy on me.

I am finally going to breakdown and get a Blackberry. I've been with Verizon for about 10 years or so now and actually my contract was up about 3 years ago (been going month-to-month.) At the same time, my phone hasn't been upgraded for 3 years either.

My wife is also a long-time customer as well. Here contract was up a year or so ago and has also been going month-to-month.

We've yet to go on to a family plan... basically just out of laziness.

The current BOGO promotion has me intrigued as my wife and I were both interested in blackberries.

If we take the plunge, I need to figure out the best plan for us. I just built a plan on the website as follows:

Nationwide Basic Family SharePlan 700 - $69.99/mo

On each phone I selected the following options:
    - 500 messages PLUS Unlimited Mobile to Mobile Messaging $10.00 Monthly
    - Decline Equipment Protection $0.00 Monthly
    - Email and Web for BlackBerry $29.99 Monthly
    - VZ Navigatorsm (First month FREE for a limited time only!) $9.99 Monthly

My monthly total would be $169.95

Would that be my best option?

The one hang up I have is that a guy that I work with is currently a Sprint customer. He has their "Everything Data Share" plan which is as follows:

- Unlimited data: Web surfing, email, BlackBerry Internet Services (BIS), GPS Navigation, Music Premier, TV Premier, NFL Mobile Live and NASCAR Sprint Cup MobileSM
    - Unlimited messaging: Text, pictures and video
    1500 minutes; Unlimited mobile to mobile, night calling and weekends starting at 7 p.m., nationwide long distance and no roaming charges

This plan is $129.99 per month

1.) The Sprint plan has more minutes (1500 to 700)
    2.) Sprint has unlimited texting opposed to 500 for VZW
    3.) Each has navigation, unlimited email & web
    4.) Sprint is $40 per month cheaper

I would really like to stay with Verizon as I've had no problems in the past.. but for $40 per month it makes the decision harder to stay.

Is there any way to craft a VZW plan similar to Sprint's that could get me closer to $130 per month?

Thanks in advance!
    02-13-09 12:36 PM
    I have 2 questions:

1. Just upgraded to a Storm on Monday I'm not sure if I am a fan of it. Can I return the phone go back to my old phone and keep my upgrade for the next blackberry to hit the VZW network?

2. The VZW Rep that did my blackberry upgrade said that where I live we should get better service with in the next couple of weeks because they are converting the Altell towers over to verizon is that true? I currently have about 2 bars 1XEV..

Thanks
    02-13-09 09:26 PM
    I have 2 questions:

1. Just upgraded to a Storm on Monday I'm not sure if I am a fan of it. Can I return the phone go back to my old phone and keep my upgrade for the next blackberry to hit the VZW network?

2. The VZW Rep that did my blackberry upgrade said that where I live we should get better service with in the next couple of weeks because they are converting the Altell towers over to verizon is that true? I currently have about 2 bars 1XEV..

Thanks
    1. Yes
    2. No
    02-13-09 09:33 PM
    Thanks for the quick response!
    02-13-09 09:36 PM
    Will listening to streaming radio a few hours a day completely kill data usage for the month?
    02-14-09 04:29 AM
5,111 ... 4647484950 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD