View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 4546474849 ...
tools
    Not sure how they would work that Jeff, probably say your stuck with the price you got them for. In which case I would return the phones and then repurchase at the discounted price
    02-10-09 02:20 AM
    While it technically can expire after 6 months, that part of the policy has never been enforced.

Jeff,

Call and ask for a price protection credit. You will get a refund for the price of the phone after the rebate if you had one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 08:38 AM
    My wife and I just got new phones on our new every 2 upgrade like 2 weeks ago. I decided to go with the Storm and she got the Curve. These are are first blackberries so we had to change our package to include the data plan and renew for another 2 years.

My question is with this buy one get one free thing now should I be able to get a credit or something for her phone since we had to pay for both. Technically we could both turn our phones in because its within the 30 days and then get 2 new ones. Any kind of help or idea you could throw me would be great.

Thank you.

Jeff
    I don't think you would be able to get a credit. The deal is to buy two of the same phone. So if your wife wanted to trade in the curve for the storm, or you wanted to trade in the storm for the curve, I would think there would be a possibility. However, with both of you keeping your current phones, I don't think that would work.
    02-10-09 09:22 AM
    I cannot connect my storm to my tom tom one xl for traffic updates using bluetooth. The service rep at tom tom told me that b/c I use verizon as my wireless carrier it will never happen. Any input?

02-10-09 09:47 AM
    Just wanted to give you guys an update. I called this morning and asked about the credit and was told no, but i could turn both phones in pay the restocking fee for each phone and THEN get the BOGO thing. So I thanked him for his time as I know he tried to do everything he could.

Well I just received a call back from him and he just left a meeting and brought this up and I have received full credit for the purchase of the Curve. Just another reason Verizon rocks. Their customer service is far better than any company I have ever dealt with.

Jeff
    02-10-09 11:32 AM
    I don't think you would be able to get a credit. The deal is to buy two of the same phone. So if your wife wanted to trade in the curve for the storm, or you wanted to trade in the storm for the curve, I would think there would be a possibility. However, with both of you keeping your current phones, I don't think that would work.
    The deal is actually "Buy any Blackberry device, get a Blackberry of equal or lesser value for free" Jeff, I'm glad he called you back to resolve that because you are definitely eligible for that curve to be free and for them to apply the credit directly to your account. It's all part of Verizon Wireless' worry free guarantee. Glad it worked out for you =)
    02-10-09 11:37 AM
    i had a question about the new buy one get one free deal going on. my friend is about to open a new 2yr contract with vzw & i am currently in a family plan with one line (which is a extra line that no one uses) eligible for an upgrade. so the question is- can i renew the my contract for the one line and get the free BB and then use it on my line i am using? any help is appreciated.
    02-10-09 02:31 PM
    i had a question about the new buy one get one free deal going on. my friend is about to open a new 2yr contract with vzw & i am currently in a family plan with one line (which is a extra line that no one uses) eligible for an upgrade. so the question is- can i renew the my contract for the one line and get the free BB and then use it on my line i am using? any help is appreciated.
    If I'm understanding your question right:
    Your friend is going to set up a new line of service and get a storm (paid for)
    You want to get his free storm put on your spare line of service which is eligible for upgrade and then switch the phone to your main line.

Everything about that scenario would be fine except for the fact that all buy one get one free transactions have to be performed on the same account. So your friend would not be able to buy one on his account and get one free on your account.
    02-10-09 03:07 PM
    If I'm understanding your question right:
    Your friend is going to set up a new line of service and get a storm (paid for)
    You want to get his free storm put on your spare line of service which is eligible for upgrade and then switch the phone to your main line.

Everything about that scenario would be fine except for the fact that all buy one get one free transactions have to be performed on the same account. So your friend would not be able to buy one on his account and get one free on your account.
    THANKS! even tho its not good news haha... thanks for clearing that up for me
    02-10-09 04:44 PM
    will the Bold be coming to verizon
    02-10-09 05:57 PM
    The deal is actually "Buy any Blackberry device, get a Blackberry of equal or lesser value for free" Jeff, I'm glad he called you back to resolve that because you are definitely eligible for that curve to be free and for them to apply the credit directly to your account. It's all part of Verizon Wireless' worry free guarantee. Glad it worked out for you =)
    Where'd you see that on Verizon's website? just curious.
    02-10-09 06:16 PM
    will the Bold be coming to verizon
    VZW employees do NOT know the release dates of phones. I wish I can trademark this line.

This answer is asked several million times a day, same answer...projected a late 2nd quarter release. Some people have said May, some have said July, heard even as late as September. It just depends who you ask and what side of the bed they get out of..LOL

To be honest, expect the Pearl Flip 8230 to be the next BB that VZW releases since there is an actual prototype with pics available on this website. Can not confirm this, but it's more evidence than the Bold or new Curve actually coming out.
    02-10-09 06:40 PM
    Hey maybe we can get the mods to put this infomration on a open stickey at the top of the VZW forum
    02-10-09 06:53 PM
    Hello,
    I have a question. I will have my 8130 Pearl for 1 yr. in March (its the second phone on a family plan). Now I'm on my second pearl, the 1st one had problems with the trackball. Since it happened in the first 30 days of purchase they exchanged it for a new one.
    I have the full phone insurance and my question is: Is there anyway I can upgrade to another Blackberry (Curve or Storm) without paying full price. Like I said I will be 1yr into my 2yr contract in mid March. The problems I'm facing with my Pearl is a very lose back battery cover, very poor battery proformance, and a very bad memory leak. If it wasn't for Soft Reset I would be doing a battery pull 1 to 2x's a day. I have upgraded to the latest OS 4.5 and still have memory leak problems. I have been with Verizon for over 7yrs.(since it was Bell South) & I would like to stay a customer but I really would like to upgrade. Hope someone can help, if not thanks for reading my post. I really want to take advantage of the BOGO deal & my wife is taking a strong like to my Pearl(she likes the pink, of course I have the silver). Thanks,
    Wayne C.
    Virginia Beach VA
    Fire Fighter/EMT
    WJC1701@vzw.blackberry.net
    02-10-09 07:36 PM
    Good morning, I have a question for a friend of mine, his contract is currently up with Tmo and he wants to port his number to Vzw and get a storm but his credit is not that good and he's afraid Vzw will reject him, I'm thinking Vzw would be happy to take a customer from the competition and add to their network, but that's my opinion, could a rep give some input on this because he's dying to get a storm but he thinks he'll get shot down. TIA

02-11-09 08:13 AM
    Have them apply. Credit requiements are the same no matter where the customer comes from.

02-11-09 08:31 AM
    Hello there,

I have been drawn out of my lurk-domville.

I was reading Dementius' reply regarding using the free phone for a new line. Here's my predicament:

I am, somewhat, in a similar situation. My husband bought a Storm a couple of weeks ago, so he is eligible for the free phone. My phone (Pearl 8130) is the main line on the account. However, I purchased the phone (and the 2 year agreement) in December, so I am not eligible for an upgrade. We can add another line, however.

Soooo...would I be able to add another line for the new phone and then transfer that phone to the main line (my line)? I'm sure I'd have to pay an early termination fee, but besides that, would this be possible?

I've contacted VZ, and I have received mixed messages. Some say yes, some say no.

Thanks in advance!
    02-11-09 10:55 AM
    yes you can, just has to be done by the WFG date.

It's cheaper for us to just give you a phone for free, then take back a phone, charge $35, give you anther phone, and then a free phone.

They will be able to add a line, and give a blackberry of equal or lesser value for free.
    02-11-09 12:38 PM
    yes you can, just has to be done by the WFG date.

It's cheaper for us to just give you a phone for free, then take back a phone, charge $35, give you anther phone, and then a free phone.

They will be able to add a line, and give a blackberry of equal or lesser value for free.
    Really? Interesting.

So I would need to add a line, activate the new phone, terminate the Pearl, and transfer the new phone to the main line? (Am I saying all of that right?)

How much would this cost? Just the termination fee? Or would that still apply?

My husband usually takes care of all of our cell issues, but he's out of the state for two weeks! Grrr! Any help is GREATLY appreciated!
    02-11-09 07:30 PM
    Okay, So i own a verizon storm... i want to try a leaked software before i return this thing... and i know if i install a leak it voids my warranty... but if i reinstall the original software... can i be traced to a newer software?
    02-11-09 09:20 PM
    Yes can void it. If you down grade you should be okay

02-11-09 09:33 PM
    Need some assistance here:

I have two plans I am trying to combine.

Plan 1: My wife and I on a 700 minute family share plan ($70/month) (area code 205)
    Plan 2: my Mom on a 450 minute individual plan ($40/month). (Area code 423)

Plan 1 contract is up 2/15/09
    Plan 2 is already in month-to-month

What we want:
    1 shared plan with 3 lines total, 700 shared minutes, $80/month ($69.99 + 9.99 extra line)
    --Me: BB Storm, BB web/email ($30)
    --Wife: LG Voyager
    --Mom: Keep her phone
    --$5/month texting for my wife and I ($10)

Right now there is the BB BOGO promotion. Will VZW give me one phone at 1/2 price rather than having to get a second Blackberry phone? That would take the Storm from $200 to $100.

LG Voyager is $79.99 - $50 NE2 = $29.99. Total phone costs would then be $129.99.

If my Mom keeps her phone, could we use her NE2 discount for one of the other phones as well?

I was told by the local store that my Mom and I need to call the Assumption of Liability line to get her plan under my name to start. Then I can put her on the $9.99 extra line (instead of being stuck on the $40 plan). I want to make sure this is true first before moving forward. Especially with it being different area codes.

If all of the above worked out, then we would be at $120/month for 3 phones, 1 BB plan, and texting for two phones.

However, AT&T has a better deal for us. We don't come close to using a combined 700 minutes. We could get on the AT&T 550 (with rollover) plan for $60+$9.99 additional line. Everything else would be the same (same BB costs, $5/month texting, etc.), just the $10 difference in plan cost. Total would be $110/month.

Would customer service be willing to discuss giving us the texting for free to give us incentive to stay?

Sorry, lots of questions, just trying to get the best deal. Thanks for the help.
    02-12-09 10:32 AM
    Need some assistance here:

I have two plans I am trying to combine.

Plan 1: My wife and I on a 700 minute family share plan ($70/month) (area code 205)
    Plan 2: my Mom on a 450 minute individual plan ($40/month). (Area code 423)

Plan 1 contract is up 2/15/09
    Plan 2 is already in month-to-month

What we want:
    1 shared plan with 3 lines total, 700 shared minutes, $80/month ($69.99 + 9.99 extra line)
    --Me: BB Storm, BB web/email ($30)
    --Wife: LG Voyager
    --Mom: Keep her phone
    --$5/month texting for my wife and I ($10)
    so far so good..no problems with that
    Right now there is the BB BOGO promotion. Will VZW give me one phone at 1/2 price rather than having to get a second Blackberry phone? That would take the Storm from $200 to $100.

LG Voyager is $79.99 - $50 NE2 = $29.99. Total phone costs would then be $129.99.
    Not possible. The BOGO promotion is contingent on you setting up 2 blackberries..that's how Verizon Wireless is able to offer this deal, they know you are getting 2 blackberries at 29.99/month minimum data features.

If my Mom keeps her phone, could we use her NE2 discount for one of the other phones as well?

I was told by the local store that my Mom and I need to call the Assumption of Liability line to get her plan under my name to start. Then I can put her on the $9.99 extra line (instead of being stuck on the $40 plan). I want to make sure this is true first before moving forward. Especially with it being different area codes.
    Kept these two questions together because they directly relate together. If your mom is going to keep her phone but apply the new every two to say the Storm..then she'd have to upgrade her phone to the Storm first, then you AOL her line and do an ESN change back to her phone, do an ESN change on your phone to the Storm and upgrade your wife's phone to the the Voyager. That's going to be your most cost effective way to do this.

If you were to do it in another order (ie: Change your mom's phone to a 9.99 add a line first) she would lose the new every two. (It's contingent on being on a plan in the last 4 months of a 2 year agreement at 34.99 or greater going to a new 2 year agreement on a plan of 34.99 or greater)

The area codes are irrelevant and would not effect any of this as the VZW billing systems now are nationwide.

If all of the above worked out, then we would be at $120/month for 3 phones, 1 BB plan, and texting for two phones.

However, AT&T has a better deal for us. We don't come close to using a combined 700 minutes. We could get on the AT&T 550 (with rollover) plan for $60+$9.99 additional line. Everything else would be the same (same BB costs, $5/month texting, etc.), just the $10 difference in plan cost. Total would be $110/month.
    As a customer in the last 4 months of your contract, Verizon Wireless offers a loyalty 550 plan that would be the same price for you. (50 + 9.99 + 9.99)

Would customer service be willing to discuss giving us the texting for free to give us incentive to stay?
    Even if you offered them $100 on the side, they wouldn't be able to, it's not possible in the system.
    02-12-09 12:06 PM
    I hope I'm posting something already done but all attempted searches come up nothing and wow ant the pages to read through!! Here is question/dilemma: I have been into my local store several times and gotten different answers every time. I was under the impression that at 1 year of service I could upgrade my device at new 2 year contract promo price by signing a new 2 year contract is this correct?? In store yesterday I was told not at all on the phone with the call center I was told I could get new 1 year prom0 price at best. I was also told recently (in store different sales rep) that I could do the 2 year promo price upgrade and not have to wait til full term on 1 year that I could do it exactly 2 months early (in store yesterday rep said not possible and call center said yes) where can I find this info to arm myself with when I go back?? This very annoying I've always LOVED VZW's customer service now I can't 2 answers that are the same anywhere I just want a Storm!?!? TIA you guys rock!!!

02-12-09 12:49 PM
    I hope I'm posting something already done but all attempted searches come up nothing and wow ant the pages to read through!! Here is question/dilemma: I have been into my local store several times and gotten different answers every time. I was under the impression that at 1 year of service I could upgrade my device at new 2 year contract promo price by signing a new 2 year contract is this correct?? In store yesterday I was told not at all on the phone with the call center I was told I could get new 1 year prom0 price at best. I was also told recently (in store different sales rep) that I could do the 2 year promo price upgrade and not have to wait til full term on 1 year that I could do it exactly 2 months early (in store yesterday rep said not possible and call center said yes) where can I find this info to arm myself with when I go back?? This very annoying I've always LOVED VZW's customer service now I can't 2 answers that are the same anywhere I just want a Storm!?!? TIA you guys rock!!!

This question depends a lot on your current contract.
    If you are on a 1 year contract currently and it is within the last 2 months of the contract, you are eligible for 2 year pricing on any phones (not new every two but two year pricing)

If you are on a 2 year contract currently and have fulfilled 1 year of the contract, you may be eligible for an annual upgrade depending on your rate tier. It has to be a plan of at least 49.99 for at least 3 months prior to the upgrade and it has to have been 12 months since your last upgrade. If both of those criteria are met, you can get a phone at the 2 year price. (Further to confuse you a little more, if you are a VIP customer, you can take $50 off the annual upgrade price)

Hope this answered your question
    02-12-09 01:00 PM
5,111 ... 4546474849 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD