View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 4445464748 ...
tools
    I heard that the main line on an account was elligable to upgrade once every year.
    02-06-09 05:40 PM
    you heard right if the Prim line costs more than 49.99...
    02-06-09 06:36 PM
    However please note, this is what is referred to as an annual upgrade and does not qualify for BOGO offers.
    02-06-09 07:20 PM
    Your NE2 eligibility will not be affected if you take your sister's storm. You said she's eligible for an annual upgrade, so I'm assuming she bought the storm at full retail so that it wouldn't effect her upgrade eligibility. Also, from what I know, you can only use an annual upgrade if you're upgrading to a new 2 year contract. If she's already on a 1 year contract, and is just going to a new 1 year contract, then it would be 10 months from the date she upgrades her phone. When you call to do the ESN change, tell them it's a full retail upgrade, and your insurance should cover the Storm.
    annual upgrade means shes on a p/p above 59.99/mo thats all.

as far as the esn change, any rep worth their salt would run the esn first to see if it has been active on any prior accounts.
    02-06-09 07:21 PM
    My main question to you is why didn't you go ahead and buy it anyway? A sales representative's job is to consult you and make recommendations but in the end the buying decision should always be the customers. I'm not very confident in her consultation skills honestly as it sounds to me like she gave you misinformation and steered you away from the phone that may have been perfect for you based on your own research. At that point, she should have just made sure you were fully aware of the $35 restocking fee, and sold you the phone you knew you wanted. The good news is that with the latest promotion, you just saved yourself the hassle of a mail in rebate by waiting a day. I'd go back in the store and get a storm or call Telesales/Care and order one for yourself if you want one.
    I dunno. I am going to stop my moaning about it now. I went into a different verizon store today. I explained what happened and they gladly hooked me up with one. And you guys are right, the plan is priced the same, $79.99. I will pay a little more because I included tethering on the phone. I didn't know anything about the instant rebate thing though. I went in and the guy told me, and I was like "Oh, really?" I saved 100 bucks on the 2 year price of the phone. I am happy. I am now the proud owner of a blackberry Storm (9530)
    02-07-09 12:02 AM
    I dunno. I am going to stop my moaning about it now. I went into a different verizon store today. I explained what happened and they gladly hooked me up with one. And you guys are right, the plan is priced the same, $79.99. I will pay a little more because I included tethering on the phone. I didn't know anything about the instant rebate thing though. I went in and the guy told me, and I was like "Oh, really?" I saved 100 bucks on the 2 year price of the phone. I am happy. I am now the proud owner of a blackberry Storm (9530)
    Just FYI, your plan should have been cheaper than $79.99. It should only have been $39.99 for your voice ($59.99 if you want unlimited texting) and $29.99 for your data plan if you're only using it for personal use (which it sounds like you are). So that basic plan adds up to $69.98.
    02-07-09 10:17 AM
    He's tethering add 30 to that.
    02-08-09 12:53 AM
    I was wondering about gaining the insurance for my 9530. I recently upgraded and got my Storm at the Verizon store, but I declined insurance at the time. How do I go about getting insurance now? I looked threw the VZ homepage pretty well with no luck. Do I have to go down to the VZ store?
    Thanks in advance to any help

Jay
    02-08-09 06:03 AM
    I was wondering about gaining the insurance for my 9530. I recently upgraded and got my Storm at the Verizon store, but I declined insurance at the time. How do I go about getting insurance now? I looked threw the VZ homepage pretty well with no luck. Do I have to go down to the VZ store?
    Thanks in advance to any help

Jay
    Insurance can be added to any phone within 15 days of purcahse. After that they will not add the insurance. If you are with this 15 days, just call VZW CS and they will add it for you 800-922-0204
    02-08-09 07:40 AM
    Can you please help me? I want a Storm. I am on a family plan now and pay 30 a month for wifes Blackberry. Since it will cost me $499.99 for my Storm since I am not eligible for upgrade, I am wondering if it add 2 more lines get 2 Storms for $199.99. That gives me 4 lines in total. If a then transfer one of the Storms to my line I could cancel the other two and just pay the fee. Then sell the other Storm and recoupe some of my losses. Will this work? And if so when I transfer the Storm to my line will I be able to keep the insurance? Its $ 175.00 per line to cancel correct?

Thanks
    02-08-09 08:07 AM
    Can you please help me? I want a Storm. I am on a family plan now and pay 30 a month for wifes Blackberry. Since it will cost me $499.99 for my Storm since I am not eligible for upgrade, I am wondering if it add 2 more lines get 2 Storms for $199.99. That gives me 4 lines in total. If a then transfer one of the Storms to my line I could cancel the other two and just pay the fee. Then sell the other Storm and recoupe some of my losses. Will this work? And if so when I transfer the Storm to my line will I be able to keep the insurance? Its $ 175.00 per line to cancel correct?

Thanks
    If you want to go through all that .....
    but you need to read the (fine line) i do believe that you need to have the additional lines for atleast a year
    02-08-09 08:30 AM
    I was told that I only need to activate the device to be able to keep it. Then when I terminate the extra lines I pay the $175.00..... Saves me alot of cash!
    02-08-09 09:26 AM
    I was told that I only need to activate the device to be able to keep it. Then when I terminate the extra lines I pay the $175.00..... Saves me alot of cash!
    yes true indeed saves some cash
    but like i said before make sure you read everything first
    02-08-09 09:41 AM
    I did, thanks.
    02-08-09 09:53 AM
    I am thinking about doing that also but someone said you have to keep it outside the 30 days or they will want the device back and if you don't send it back they charge you full retail. Can anybody confirm this or deny it? Also if i plan on cancelling outside the 30 days and keeping my 2 storms, will i have to wait for the 30 days before I sell this to my friend and work on their number?
    02-08-09 12:51 PM
    just random.. is there any sort of family unlimited data plan for verizon. we have a family plan with 5 phones. 2 blackberrys. 1 dare. thinking about getting more berries..
    is there any way instead of paying 30 a month for each line for unlimited data, is there a way to just pay a certain price everyone to have unlimited data other than just 30 per.
    02-08-09 12:52 PM
    No family plans for what you are looking for. Each Blackberry requires a data plan

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 01:25 PM
    I ordered my two Storms this morning. I guess that If you have to keep them for 30 days then thats fine I eat the 30 per line for the BIS and after 30 days dump the extra lines. still works out cheaper, by alot.
    02-08-09 02:08 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I get my Storm on Wednesday Can I somehow use the Bluetooth on my current phone and transfer my contacts to my laptop via Bluetooth. I really dont want to go to the Verizon store just to have them switch my contacts. I have the wireless backup with Verizon, but I was told that it wont work when switching into new Blackberry. Can anyone help? I am so excited to get this baby!!
    02-09-09 06:14 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I get my Storm on Wednesday Can I somehow use the Bluetooth on my current phone and transfer my contacts to my laptop via Bluetooth. I really dont want to go to the Verizon store just to have them switch my contacts. I have the wireless backup with Verizon, but I was told that it wont work when switching into new Blackberry. Can anyone help? I am so excited to get this baby!!
    I don't know if you can do it directly phone to phone, but if you get a bluetooth dongle for you P.C. you can take the info from your "dumb" phone, I'm assuming that's what you have, and put it on the P.C., then just put it on the BB.
    02-09-09 11:13 AM
    Dumb is right. I am using an LG phone. IF that doesnt work there is a none corp store here locally that will swap the numbers for $15.00. Thanks for you help.
    02-09-09 11:46 AM
    When I sell my extra Storm do I need to include the "sim-chip" or do I make them buy there own? I have only had Nextel phones in the past that had sim schips and I always kept the chip when I sold a phone.
    02-09-09 12:30 PM
    There is no reason you would probably want to keep the SIM card. It has no use here in the US. I'd say let the new owner take it.
    02-09-09 01:07 PM
    Dumb is right. I am using an LG phone. IF that doesnt work there is a none corp store here locally that will swap the numbers for $15.00. Thanks for you help.
    I went from an LG (8300) to my storm, and I did the bluetooth thing on the PC...depends on what program you get I'd assume, but it wasn't hard at all
    02-09-09 01:19 PM
    My wife and I just got new phones on our new every 2 upgrade like 2 weeks ago. I decided to go with the Storm and she got the Curve. These are are first blackberries so we had to change our package to include the data plan and renew for another 2 years.

My question is with this buy one get one free thing now should I be able to get a credit or something for her phone since we had to pay for both. Technically we could both turn our phones in because its within the 30 days and then get 2 new ones. Any kind of help or idea you could throw me would be great.

Thank you.

Jeff
    02-10-09 01:03 AM
5,111 ... 4445464748 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD