View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 4344454647 ...
tools
    Sounds like If you're just getting 450 minutes, it should only be $39.99 a month. If you get unlimited texting on your plan, it should be $59.99. Your unlimited data plan should only be $29.99 as well if you are just a casual user.

Instead of being upset about steering you away from the storm, I'd be upset that they didn't notice the pricing of your plan.....
    You are right. It is the 39.99 a month, my unlimited data is 40 though.
    02-05-09 06:12 PM
    Man...after reading the above 3 posts, I just want to throw heavy sharp objects at some sales reps!!!!!!

In tech support, whenever I get a call about an e-mail issue on Blackberry, I'm typically done with the call in 5 minutes. This usually is all the time needed to assess and fix my customers issues.

Whenever it's an e-mail issue on a winmo or palm device...we're there for a good hour and it usually means deleting their current e-mail configuration, recreating it on the device, their PC e-mail client, and their wireless sync. It's a total nightmare!!! So many customers that I talk to can't wait til their contracts are up to get off of these devices and they always ask about the BB. I'm such a big advocate of Blackberries and I've only been using one for just 2 months!

If you wanna get out of the Q, call telesales, and buy your new phone! Happy Birthday!
    02-05-09 06:18 PM
    And Tech Support reps don't listen to what the customer actually needs.

This user specifically said they weren't going to use the email functions so what difference does it make how easy it is to troubleshoot?

Just because it's easier to support doesn't make it the right device for the customer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 06:21 PM
    Gee Vat, that is a open statement about all tech reps. GLad I do not think I fit into that catagory. I would never sell a BB to cst that tells me they do not want email.
    02-05-09 06:40 PM
    Only as open as the statement about sales reps.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 06:42 PM
    I believe the statement was SOME, not all
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man...after reading the above 3 posts, I just want to throw heavy sharp objects at some sales reps!!!!!!
    02-05-09 06:44 PM
    Vat..I was expressing an opinion about which is easier to troubleshoot. And if the previous poster wants to change from a Motorola to a Blackberry, he/she should be able to do so.

My job is to fix..not sell. But thanks for trying to add to my job description. Does this mean I can start to expect commission checks for every customer that I mention the Blackberry to as an alternative e-mail solution? LOL
    02-05-09 06:49 PM
    You are right. It is the 39.99 a month, my unlimited data is 40 though.

Sounds like you are on the email + voice plan for 79.99. Unless you are on a corporate wireless sync server, I would call/go in and have that reduced to the 29.99 data plan to save yourself 10.00 per month.
    02-05-09 06:54 PM
    My wife and I switched over to Verizon on early December. I got the storm she got a motorola flip phone that I can't remember the name of. I asked her at the time if she wanted a blackberry or some other smartphone and she said no. Didn't need it.

Flash forward two months and after a promotion at her work she wants a storm because needs the features the storm offers and she had played around with mine. Obviously, we're way past the 30 return window and I really don't want to pay full retail for the storm.

I figured could I just take the early termination and sign her up again with a storm. So it end up costing me $375 ($175 ETF + $200 for storm) instead of the $500+ if i just paid full retail.
    02-05-09 08:38 PM
    While I don't need the BB email at his time, I may need it in the future. Hopefully sometime next year. I am in college for web/design or web programming. So I hope that I will get a job doing something computer related writing code, somewhere for somebody. I did my homework before walking into the store today and asking for the phone. The thing is I understood that the BB data plan was more than the normal PDA data plan and yet I was comfortable paying the increase. Whether I used the BB email or not, I would have paid the increase if it meant getting the phone. I also told her my phone was outdated and I needed something more powerful than the Q. She asked what I did with my phone and I said mainly web browsing. I told her I wanted a phone that could render pages correctly, with a larger screen so I could finally do away with "column view". The Q sucks something terrible at running javascript and I want a phone that can run it. The sales rep told me that she tried to view a java page in the BB and it didn't work. sigh. I wanted to tell her that pages are not written in java. I don't care if the storm can't do java, but I do want a phone where I can actually "do stuff" on webpages.

I also respect you guys for saying she is trying to save me money and that her intentions were good. I understand that. I still wanted the phone and I knew exactly what I was getting into. I went into that verizon store last week and played with the storm for about a half hour. I don't want you guys to to feel like I am ranting at any of you, I am just upset that I didn't get a brand new touchscreen phone today.
    02-05-09 11:24 PM
    If memory serves correctly, there is not a difference in price points for personal data plans for either the storm or the Q. Each should be 29.99 a month.
    02-05-09 11:28 PM
    While I don't need the BB email at his time, I may need it in the future. Hopefully sometime next year. I am in college for web/design or web programming. So I hope that I will get a job doing something computer related writing code, somewhere for somebody. I did my homework before walking into the store today and asking for the phone. The thing is I understood that the BB data plan was more than the normal PDA data plan and yet I was comfortable paying the increase. Whether I used the BB email or not, I would have paid the increase if it meant getting the phone. I also told her my phone was outdated and I needed something more powerful than the Q. She asked what I did with my phone and I said mainly web browsing. I told her I wanted a phone that could render pages correctly, with a larger screen so I could finally do away with "column view". The Q sucks something terrible at running javascript and I want a phone that can run it. The sales rep told me that she tried to view a java page in the BB and it didn't work. sigh. I wanted to tell her that pages are not written in java. I don't care if the storm can't do java, but I do want a phone where I can actually "do stuff" on webpages.

I also respect you guys for saying she is trying to save me money and that her intentions were good. I understand that. I still wanted the phone and I knew exactly what I was getting into. I went into that verizon store last week and played with the storm for about a half hour. I don't want you guys to to feel like I am ranting at any of you, I am just upset that I didn't get a brand new touchscreen phone today.
    My main question to you is why didn't you go ahead and buy it anyway? A sales representative's job is to consult you and make recommendations but in the end the buying decision should always be the customers. I'm not very confident in her consultation skills honestly as it sounds to me like she gave you misinformation and steered you away from the phone that may have been perfect for you based on your own research. At that point, she should have just made sure you were fully aware of the $35 restocking fee, and sold you the phone you knew you wanted. The good news is that with the latest promotion, you just saved yourself the hassle of a mail in rebate by waiting a day. I'd go back in the store and get a storm or call Telesales/Care and order one for yourself if you want one.
    02-05-09 11:32 PM
    If memory serves correctly, there is not a difference in price points for personal data plans for either the storm or the Q. Each should be 29.99 a month.
    It should be, but a lot of customers (especially ones with the motorola q) were set up on older data plans as the 29.99 data plan was not available until just recently for all pdas.
    02-05-09 11:33 PM
    It should be, but a lot of customers (especially ones with the motorola q) were set up on older data plans as the 29.99 data plan was not available until just recently for all pdas.
    Yes, but the poster said he would have been going up in price for the BB plan. So even if the Q plan were more expensive (which it looks like it was), the price should be going down instead of up....see my logic here?
    02-05-09 11:37 PM
    Yes, but the poster said he would have been going up in price for the BB plan. So even if the Q plan were more expensive (which it looks like it was), the price should be going down instead of up....see my logic here?
    Touche, I didn't even catch that until just now. You are fully correct, even if the user was on a BES server the price would remain flat, it would not increase.
    02-05-09 11:41 PM
    Ok quick question, and take this at face value and understand that it is legitimate.

I buy phones on craigslist and resell on eBay, not so much for profit but as a hobby. I came across a storm for 150 and contacted the guy, bought the phone. Deal was phone and non oem charger, whatever. (red flag)
    I turn the phone on when I get home and see that the owner information is for a guy named Michael Z., but Zach sold me the phone. I scroll through contacts and figure out that this phone and its contents do NOT match the confused MTV-culture inflicted teen that sold me the phone. I find the owner information and figure if the phone is stolen or lost, then the guy still has the same number, just a different phone. I find HIS OWN info in the address book where he has all his info (executive VP of some company). So I call...and he picks up. I tell him that I just legitimately bought his phone on craigslist, realized it was stolen/lost, and would like to return him his phone. He says I appreciate the honesty but Ive got a new one and dont need it, you can keep it for being a good samaritan. I ask him if he's aware that the phone is super expensive (duh, he bought it). He says really, its fine, its yours. Thank you. So Im ecstatic, and go and try to activate this phone. Cant because it is on the lost/stolen list. Im going to try and reach him again, but he IS an Exec VP and I dont feel right bugging him again. If I call him and cant reach him or he doesnt have the time to call and unblock the phone, is there anything I can do or is the phone useless and Im out 150?
    02-06-09 12:19 AM
    Currently have a Moto Slvr (worst phone ever by the way don't ever buy one ever). 2 buttons currently don't work, the top right one used for a lot of things, such as contacts and mass erasing of texts. Also the space key is a little flaky but definitely on its way out. I'm currently at a year and 4 months on my contract so over the original insurance date for this phone AND I've already needed to have it replaced once. Trying to hold out for a 8930 BB over the summer when I get the 100$ phone credit. Is there any chance I can exchange it for a new phone or refurbished BB for like 50$ or something along those lines without buying insurance because I don't want to get stuck with another SLVR, wouldn't be worth the 50$?

Side note I'm going to the store in the afternoon tomorrow anyways but just wondering if I could get any reps opinions/knowledge to save myself time tomorrow.

Please and thank you :-D
    02-06-09 12:23 AM
    Ok quick question, and take this at face value and understand that it is legitimate.

I buy phones on craigslist and resell on eBay, not so much for profit but as a hobby. I came across a storm for 150 and contacted the guy, bought the phone. Deal was phone and non oem charger, whatever. (red flag)
    I turn the phone on when I get home and see that the owner information is for a guy named Michael Z., but Zach sold me the phone. I scroll through contacts and figure out that this phone and its contents do NOT match the confused MTV-culture inflicted teen that sold me the phone. I find the owner information and figure if the phone is stolen or lost, then the guy still has the same number, just a different phone. I find HIS OWN info in the address book where he has all his info (executive VP of some company). So I call...and he picks up. I tell him that I just legitimately bought his phone on craigslist, realized it was stolen/lost, and would like to return him his phone. He says I appreciate the honesty but Ive got a new one and dont need it, you can keep it for being a good samaritan. I ask him if he's aware that the phone is super expensive (duh, he bought it). He says really, its fine, its yours. Thank you. So Im ecstatic, and go and try to activate this phone. Cant because it is on the lost/stolen list. Im going to try and reach him again, but he IS an Exec VP and I dont feel right bugging him again. If I call him and cant reach him or he doesnt have the time to call and unblock the phone, is there anything I can do or is the phone useless and Im out 150?
    The situation depends largely on if the new phone that Michael Z. received was supplied to him by the insurance company as a lost/stolen device replacement or if he just had another phone he decided to use and reported the phone lost/stolen himself. If the latter is the case, then Michael Z. (if he is willing) would have to call verizon wireless and have the phone removed from the lost/stolen file. If however the former is the case and Asurion put the phone on the lost/stolen list, you are unfortunately the proud owner of a $150 media device that will never work as a phone on verizon wireless' network.
    02-06-09 12:41 AM
    Currently have a Moto Slvr (worst phone ever by the way don't ever buy one ever). 2 buttons currently don't work, the top right one used for a lot of things, such as contacts and mass erasing of texts. Also the space key is a little flaky but definitely on its way out. I'm currently at a year and 4 months on my contract so over the original insurance date for this phone AND I've already needed to have it replaced once. Trying to hold out for a 8930 BB over the summer when I get the 100$ phone credit. Is there any chance I can exchange it for a new phone or refurbished BB for like 50$ or something along those lines without buying insurance because I don't want to get stuck with another SLVR, wouldn't be worth the 50$?

Side note I'm going to the store in the afternoon tomorrow anyways but just wondering if I could get any reps opinions/knowledge to save myself time tomorrow.

Please and thank you :-D
    As long as there isn't liquid damage on the device, Verizon will get you into another Slvr (Fru) for $53.00 (Fru fee w/no ins + tax)

I would just do that and wait out for your Ne2 Credit to come through
    02-06-09 12:45 AM
    Dementius man, me and you gotta have a talk lol,

Verizon WILL swap out the device if its defective for a cost....just not lost, stolen, lost or obvious physical damage
    02-06-09 12:49 AM
    Dementius man, me and you gotta have a talk lol,

Verizon WILL swap out the device if its defective for a cost....just not lost, stolen, lost or obvious physical damage
    Haha, actually I deleted my post. I forgot stores do that now. In Telesales we're not able to sell refurbished units at all and I forgot that customer service and retail sometimes do.

Edit: I also blame tiredness
    Last edited by Dementius; 02-06-09 at 12:52 AM. Reason: added excuse
    02-06-09 12:50 AM
    ya, its all done through Flextronics (Verizon's technicians)
    02-06-09 12:52 AM
    I have a question....If I buy 2 storms keep them for at least a month and cancel my contract will I only have to pay the $175 per line ETF, or that plus retail of the phones?
    02-06-09 02:53 PM
    I have a question....If I buy 2 storms keep them for at least a month and cancel my contract will I only have to pay the $175 per line ETF, or that plus retail of the phones?

Just the ETF's..
    02-06-09 02:58 PM
    Alright, so I currently have an 8830WE on verizon, and my NE2 is up Mar 18. My sister has a storm and her 2 yr contract is up in october. She is eligable for an annual upgrade, I believe. She doesn't want her storm anymore, and wants to just get a curve because of the physical keyboard. My questions are, if I take her storm, will it mess up my NE2 eligability? If I transfer her storm to my account, will the insurance that I've been paying for the last 10 years cover the storm? And if she takes out a new 1 yr contract, when is she able to upgrade her equipment again?

Your NE2 eligibility will not be affected if you take your sister's storm. You said she's eligible for an annual upgrade, so I'm assuming she bought the storm at full retail so that it wouldn't effect her upgrade eligibility. Also, from what I know, you can only use an annual upgrade if you're upgrading to a new 2 year contract. If she's already on a 1 year contract, and is just going to a new 1 year contract, then it would be 10 months from the date she upgrades her phone. When you call to do the ESN change, tell them it's a full retail upgrade, and your insurance should cover the Storm.
    02-06-09 03:21 PM
5,111 ... 4344454647 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD