View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 09:42 AM
5,111 ... 4243444546 ...
tools
    Ok, so just to make sure that the last brain cell I have left is getting this right, I need:
    My 39.99 voice plan
    the 29.99 data plan (which is unlimited data, etc)
    my text package

So does unlimited data mean web access? Thats the part that I want to be clear on. The word "data" can mean a lot of things. I work for the vz (marketing/adv) and know that there is a lot of vague terminology.
    Just dont want to screw myself thats all.
    Thanks for your help so far last, really appreciate it.
    02-04-09 11:40 AM
    I don't know if this has already been ask, but when will Verizon be getting the Bold?
    NO release dates yet - rumor is mid year
    02-04-09 11:47 AM
    Ok, so just to make sure that the last brain cell I have left is getting this right, I need:
    My 39.99 voice plan
    the 29.99 data plan (which is unlimited data, etc)
    my text package

So does unlimited data mean web access? Thats the part that I want to be clear on. The word "data" can mean a lot of things. I work for the vz (marketing/adv) and know that there is a lot of vague terminology.
    Just dont want to screw myself thats all.
    Thanks for your help so far last, really appreciate it.
    you may want to take take a look at the nationwaide select plan, this includes your texting and MMS. Yes unlim web access on the device. Tethering is extra.
    02-04-09 11:49 AM
    Verizon is offering the 8130 for free right now. I can only deduce that they will stop selling it soon, most likely replaced with the 8230 flip. Does anyone know when Verizon will stop carrying the 8130? Any info is appreciated. I am about to take the plunge and enter the BB world. It may be tough to pass up on a free Blackberry. I just don't want to miss out on the opportunity.
    02-04-09 11:50 AM
    The 8130 is most likely at its life cycle end. Will VZW get the flip device? there has been no info on this.
    02-04-09 11:54 AM
    Oh gosh.....don't get me started on whether or not the pearl flip is coming to VZW. There's a whole thread where someone posted it was , I was doubtful, may have gotten a bit riled up since there were no pics, got flamed by the op, apologized to the OP, proceeded to get flamed by the mods (yes, you read that right) who said I wasn't even man enough to apologize, which I had (twice by that point I might add).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 12:07 PM
    Oh gosh.....don't get me started on whether or not the pearl flip is coming to VZW. There's a whole thread where someone posted it was , I was doubtful, may have gotten a bit riled up since there were no pics, got flamed by the op, apologized to the OP, proceeded to get flamed by the mods (yes, you read that right) who said I wasn't even man enough to apologize, which I had (twice by that point I might add).

There has been no internal information regarding the vzw blackberry flip however there are pictures of a vzw branded model floating all over the internet.
    02-04-09 01:15 PM
    Will verizon be getting the 8900 or the bold anytime soon?
    02-04-09 01:21 PM
    Will verizon be getting the 8900 or the bold anytime soon?
    The 8930 is projected somewhere late 2nd quarter 2009...end of summer prob.

Although there are pics of the Pearl flip 8230 floating, we have heard no indication that we are in fact releasing this device soon. That pic could just be a prototype. Either that or VZW just isn't going to market this device that much. Afterall, we're still pumping out new ads for the Storm.
    02-04-09 01:26 PM
    Rumor also has it that the 9030 (CMDA Bold) is coming in May, but with VZW you never know.
    02-04-09 01:54 PM
    Hahaha....you think rumors of phones coming on VZW are bad? Try Sprint!

02-04-09 02:04 PM
    Hahaha....you think rumors of phones coming on VZW are bad? Try Sprint!

With the revenue they are losing every quarter, Sprint is lucky they can pay the power bill, let alone buy new phones...
    02-04-09 02:06 PM
    VZW will go for the kill when the BB with PTT comes out
    02-04-09 02:09 PM
    lol I can't wait for us to get that.

Buh bye Sprint.
    02-04-09 07:30 PM
    does anyone know how to manually program a blackberry storm???

i did an esn switch online, and tried to program it by dialing *228 then option 1 but nothing works.

when i got my replacement last time i had to talk to customer service over the phone and had to manually program the phone, but they are closed since it is past 11pm my time
    02-05-09 12:24 AM
    There are support reps available 24/7, just call 1-800-922-0204 from another phone. I'm at home and don't have my laptop with VPN here so don't have access to the instructions, but there should be someone available at that number for you no matter what time it is. (remember the old slogan: We never stop working for you)

In the meantime, try dialing *22890 ... in theory it's the same as *228 option 1 but sometimes it works better..no clue why.
    02-05-09 12:35 AM
    what option do i choose?
    02-05-09 12:41 AM
    what option do i choose?
    *22899 needs no option. Manual programming on a storm is ##000000 send. I wouldn't recommend it unless you're 100% sure on your MIN and SID, even then I'd probably call CS to make sure it's done right.
    02-05-09 12:48 AM
    yay i fixed it!!!! thanks
    02-05-09 01:22 AM
    yay i fixed it!!!! thanks
    Glad you got it working
    Which solution finally worked for you?
    02-05-09 01:27 AM
    a combination i think. i had already used this unit before, i just was having a bunch of problems with it, so i wiped it and reloaded the OS.

while i was updating my blackberry, i didnt want to not have a phone, because i was expecting a phone call so did an esn switch online to an old LG phone i had lying around

after my storm was done getting the OS installed i tried to do an esn switch online and it said activated and i tried to activate it by dialing *228 then option 1, and it wouldnt work, i kept getting error messages

so then i did the manual program by dialing ##000000 and made sure the SID was set to 21, i remember that was what it was before, and made sure the MIN was my cell number, then dialed *22899 and my phone started working again.

thanks
    02-05-09 01:46 AM
    I just came back from a verizon store where I wanted to upgrade my phone to a Storm and was told ( not in these words) it was not a good idea. I told the rep that I have a Moto Q (black), not the music ones. She told me that instead of getting the storm to upgrade it to WM 6. On the Everything Q forums I was told that Verizon was not going to offer a upgrade to WM 6 for the Moto q. If I wanted WM 6 I had to buy a new phone. Is that true? Also, I pay $49.99/450 minutes and $40/unlimited pda smartphone data. She told me that plan only qualifies for a 50 dollar upgrade not a 100 one. Also, do verizon reps evaulate thier customers the same way best buy ones do? Is there some reason why she didn't want to sell me the storm? After I told her I probably wouldn't use the BB email she tried to talk me out of it, and she did actually. Whatever happened to just taking people's money? I have been on the fence about getting a storm or a iphone and this event is starting to really make me think about going to At&T. My contract is up on March 8. Why would I want to stay with a company that doesn't even want me to have the phone that I want? Sorry if I sound like I'm ********. Today was my birthday, and I wanted to buy this phone today.
    02-05-09 04:01 PM
    It's a company-wide initiative to make sure customers are buying the right device.

If you aren't going to use the email functions, a blackberry is not a good choice. If you want a nice touchscreen phone, look at the Omnia or Dare.

02-05-09 04:30 PM
    I just came back from a verizon store where I wanted to upgrade my phone to a Storm and was told ( not in these words) it was not a good idea. I told the rep that I have a Moto Q (black), not the music ones. She told me that instead of getting the storm to upgrade it to WM 6. On the Everything Q forums I was told that Verizon was not going to offer a upgrade to WM 6 for the Moto q. If I wanted WM 6 I had to buy a new phone. Is that true? Also, I pay $49.99/450 minutes and $40/unlimited pda smartphone data. She told me that plan only qualifies for a 50 dollar upgrade not a 100 one. Also, do verizon reps evaulate thier customers the same way best buy ones do? Is there some reason why she didn't want to sell me the storm? After I told her I probably wouldn't use the BB email she tried to talk me out of it, and she did actually. Whatever happened to just taking people's money? I have been on the fence about getting a storm or a iphone and this event is starting to really make me think about going to At&T. My contract is up on March 8. Why would I want to stay with a company that doesn't even want me to have the phone that I want? Sorry if I sound like I'm ********. Today was my birthday, and I wanted to buy this phone today.
    Sounds like great customer service to me....a company actually telling someone NOT to buy a product? Amazing! Sounds like they're really trying to assess you needs and steer you to a phone that would better suit you.

The base price (calling plan, no extras included) in order for you to get the $100 upgrade must be at $79.99 or above.

Also, I'd take a look at your plan. If you're just getting 450 minutes, it should only be $39.99 a month. If you get unlimited texting on your plan, it should be $59.99. Your unlimited data plan should only be $29.99 as well if you are just a casual user.

Instead of being upset about steering you away from the storm, I'd be upset that they didn't notice the pricing of your plan.....
    02-05-09 05:08 PM
    lol sounds like she tried to save you a boatload of cash every month.

Not seeing the problem here

If you want the phone GO BUY IT!
    02-05-09 05:52 PM
5,111 ... 4243444546 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD