View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 4142434445 ...
tools
    Does any rep know how long Verizon will keep the Curve on sale at it's 79.00 price?
    01-30-09 09:48 PM
    Does any rep know how long Verizon will keep the Curve on sale at it's 79.00 price?
    Ehhh who knows...they change prices on phones damn near every day....the pearl is free right now
    01-30-09 10:35 PM
    I live in a extened network area. what phone should i get?
    i really want the bb storm, but i dont know if its worth it?
    is there another new bb coming out?
    01-31-09 02:43 AM
    Yes, at some point a new blackberry will released.

It will have email capabilities, calling and texting as well as have a colore screen. The price will be over $1 and it will be released sometime after tomorrow.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-09 01:32 AM
    Alright, so I currently have an 8830WE on verizon, and my NE2 is up Mar 18. My sister has a storm and her 2 yr contract is up in october. She is eligable for an annual upgrade, I believe. She doesn't want her storm anymore, and wants to just get a curve because of the physical keyboard. My questions are, if I take her storm, will it mess up my NE2 eligability? If I transfer her storm to my account, will the insurance that I've been paying for the last 10 years cover the storm? And if she takes out a new 1 yr contract, when is she able to upgrade her equipment again?
    You will retain your NE2.
    Insurance may not carry over due to the fact someone could get a busted device on EBAY or Craigslist for dirt and then make a claim on it.
    Try bring the storm in to a VZW corp store and have them inspect it and note its condition on your account. Then contact Asurion and ask if they'll cover it. If not drop your insurance and carry on. You still have your NE2 if anything happens.
    02-01-09 07:53 PM
    It's at least through the 14th of this month according to the rebate form i just got today.
    02-01-09 09:27 PM
    I was wondering on the policy on alltel customer's upgrading to verizon within the last 4 months of contract.......

I called a vzw CS rep yesterday and he said that we could, but called an alltel CS rep and they said no we would still have to pay an etf.........

Today I called my local vzw store and they said that we could upgrade 1 line etf free in the last 4 months, but would have to pay an etf to upgrade any other lines.

Does anyone have the exact answer on how this is working right now?
    02-02-09 02:47 PM
    As far as I know iof you are in the last 4, the ETF will be waived, if you are not in a devested area. I will need to look at my resoirces tomorrow and will have more info then unless another rep has access to this info tonight.
    02-02-09 05:11 PM
    I was wondering on the policy on alltel customer's upgrading to verizon within the last 4 months of contract.......

I called a vzw CS rep yesterday and he said that we could, but called an alltel CS rep and they said no we would still have to pay an etf.........

Today I called my local vzw store and they said that we could upgrade 1 line etf free in the last 4 months, but would have to pay an etf to upgrade any other lines.

Does anyone have the exact answer on how this is working right now?
    Alltel credits the ETF for non-divested customers who have four months or less on their Alltel contract term remaining.

The ETF appears on the customer's Alltel bill and is credited within 1 or 2 bill cycles.

The ETF credit is for the eligible MDN and may not apply to all lines on an account.

The ETF is credited for each eligible line, not an entire account. Alltel has separate contracts for each line on an account and a line is eligible for an ETF credit only if there are four or fewer months remaining in the contract term.

Activation Fee Policy
    Verizon Wireless credits the Activation Fee for customers in Alltel non-divested markets only.
    02-02-09 07:36 PM
    THanks LD, saved me the research time tommorrow.
    02-02-09 07:56 PM
    Question for my VZW rep buddies. I get messages (text) that say premium messages blocked. I understand that some premium text message services cost money in the form of a monthly subscription (daily horoscope, etc.). However, the premium services I'm getting blocked are free (info from GOOG411 etc.). Is there a charge from VZW to receive these, or can I unblock the premium messages since I don't subscribe to anything so I can get my twitter updates goog411 info, etc.

02-02-09 10:47 PM
    I searched the forums and verizon FAQ's and I just want to make sure i'm understanding this right. I just started using youmail because I love the features. I'm wondering about the call forwarding that is used, If i understand this right it uses my min from my plan to forward the call to youmail. So using youmail I will be using my min so someone can leave me a voicemail. I'm trying to keep my min usage to a minimum to save money so if this is the case I guess I will have to go back to my verizon voice mail.

So basically my question summed up is, if I use call forwarding for youmail am I charged min for each call forwarded to youmail? Does the normal verizon voice mail use min to leave a message or just when I check them at peak times?

Thanks for the clarification!
    02-02-09 11:06 PM
    I searched the forums and verizon FAQ's and I just want to make sure i'm understanding this right. I just started using youmail because I love the features. I'm wondering about the call forwarding that is used, If i understand this right it uses my min from my plan to forward the call to youmail. So using youmail I will be using my min so someone can leave me a voicemail. I'm trying to keep my min usage to a minimum to save money so if this is the case I guess I will have to go back to my verizon voice mail.

So basically my question summed up is, if I use call forwarding for youmail am I charged min for each call forwarded to youmail? Does the normal verizon voice mail use min to leave a message or just when I check them at peak times?

Thanks for the clarification!
    Every time your phone goes into voicemail, you are getting minutes taken off the amount of minutes you have on your plan. For example, if I have 450 minutes left, and someone leaves me a 4 minute message on youmail and I have a 1 minute greeting on my youmail (exaggerated for effect), at the end of that call you will have 445 anytime minutes left if the message is left during non-night and weekend calling.

You are not charged if people leave you a message using Verizon voicemail, just the time to check your voicemail.
    02-02-09 11:15 PM
    Here's another question in addition to my question above.

Is there any hidden code (I don't care if I have to pay for it) that VZW Customer Service can use to get me early nights and weekends (say starting at 7pm like Sprint has)? I'm willing to pay like $5 a month for it.
    02-02-09 11:17 PM
    I wish they had early nights, but they don't.

02-03-09 12:22 AM
    Here's another question in addition to my question above.

Is there any hidden code (I don't care if I have to pay for it) that VZW Customer Service can use to get me early nights and weekends (say starting at 7pm like Sprint has)? I'm willing to pay like $5 a month for it.
    Sorry but there is currently no service plan, feature, or promo code that allows customers for earlier nights than 9PM. I know what you're asking is a popular question but at this time it just isnt going to happen.

Not to say it never will...maybe if ATT pulled that trigger, but until then it just won't happen. And believe me, whenever we get to meet with the big wigs this question always gets tossed around. And the answer is always the same...NO! Us reps and other low men/women on the totem pole and fighting for you! LOL
    02-03-09 08:19 PM
    lastraid,

are you able to drop any information on the Pearl Flip for Verizon?

If so could you also give some information to this thread?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/new...-pearl-150598/
    02-03-09 08:26 PM
    Nope, All I have seen right now that is avail with Tmo. I have played with one though, interesting device. The gal sits next to me at work has one.
    Last edited by lastraid; 02-03-09 at 09:27 PM.
    02-03-09 09:10 PM
    Sorry but there is currently no service plan, feature, or promo code that allows customers for earlier nights than 9PM. I know what you're asking is a popular question but at this time it just isnt going to happen.

Not to say it never will...maybe if ATT pulled that trigger, but until then it just won't happen. And believe me, whenever we get to meet with the big wigs this question always gets tossed around. And the answer is always the same...NO! Us reps and other low men/women on the totem pole and fighting for you! LOL
    I'm in vzw sales and fighting every day for this feature too...but one point I do have to make on that statement (as much as I hate to give them credit)... ATT already has pulled the trigger

7pm Nights On ATT Family Talk
    02-03-09 11:10 PM
    Question for my VZW rep buddies. I get messages (text) that say premium messages blocked. I understand that some premium text message services cost money in the form of a monthly subscription (daily horoscope, etc.). However, the premium services I'm getting blocked are free (info from GOOG411 etc.). Is there a charge from VZW to receive these, or can I unblock the premium messages since I don't subscribe to anything so I can get my twitter updates goog411 info, etc.

You can definitely unblock premium messaging if you so choose, (as long as you are the account holder) Just be aware, by doing so you are unblocking ALL premium messaging, not just the free stuff.
    02-03-09 11:13 PM
    My NE2 is up, and Im looking to make the jump to a BB.
    Looks like Im going to go with the curve (played with the storm and Im not a fan of the touch screen jawn)
    Ive been looking on the website and Im confused as to what plans get me what. I understand the voice portion (Im cool with the 450mins) I text a lot (never more then the 500 package entitled). Here is where my question comes in. I see data this and data that but cant seem to find a definitive number as to what Im paying for. Now I have the web and email package on my current phone, whats the difference with what I have now and what the data package offers....
    02-04-09 09:44 AM
    If you are using personal email - all you need is the 29.99 plan you most likely have now.
    02-04-09 09:52 AM
    If you are using personal email - all you need is the 29.99 plan you most likely have now.
    My web and email is only $5 a month (Im still on a dumbphone, sorry should have said that).....
    But yeah Im just going the personal email/web use thing now....
    02-04-09 10:11 AM
    THen you will need to update the data plan to 29.99 per month. This gives unlim email and data on the device.
    02-04-09 10:13 AM
    I don't know if this has already been ask, but when will Verizon be getting the Bold?
    02-04-09 10:39 AM
5,111 ... 4142434445 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD