View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 09:42 AM
5,111 ... 4041424344 ...
tools
    Ok, so here's my situation... Last week my brother (on my family plan) wanted to change his number so that it was no longer long distance from landline phones (parents, grandparents and other friends) so I called and got it changed. I just got the phone bill and noticed that there was a $15 charge. Is this normal? I know a lot of people that have changed their number for one reason or another and have never been charged a "Mobile Telephone Number Change" fee. I have even changed my number a few times moving to college and then to another city after graduating and have never been charged. Also, what further annoys me is that the representative on the phone did not tell me that it would cost anything. If something costs money, he should have clearly stated it before we finished the process.
    If this is the case and you were not infomred, I would call ask for a credit. They will either credit the whole thing or maybe part of it. These fees have always been there, but some reason and I have no idea not applied. In your case like I said if you were not informed, then I am sure it will be taken of
    01-28-09 07:48 PM
    Thanks for your reply, lastraid. I kind of figured that there was a fee, but had never seen it actually applied. I will call customer service and see what they can do.
    01-28-09 07:57 PM
    Cool, let us know the out come
    01-28-09 08:04 PM
    Two questions for you....

1. Are you using a yahoo mail account? (or @att.net, @sbcglobal.net, @verizon.net, etc)
    2. In windows mail, do you have the "leave copy of message on server" option checked?

yes i am using a yahoo. mail account, i also have gmail, but with the gmail appi dont have an issue with messages being gone.. no i did not have leave copy, i did check that maybe that will fix it?... thank you very much!
    01-28-09 08:29 PM
    yes i am using a yahoo. mail account, i also have gmail, but with the gmail appi dont have an issue with messages being gone.. no i did not have leave copy, i did check that maybe that will fix it?... thank you very much!
    If you select leave copy on server, it should fix the situation.

The reason there aren't any problems with Gmail is because you probably have the imap option selected. The imap option allows you to work with the messages directly on the server instead of downloading them to your own computer.

Yahoo works on POP. POP is not an "open" connection to the server, but rather, it downloads the copies of the messages onto your computer, and if you don't have the leave message on server option checked, it removes it from the server, and since there is truly 2way sync with Yahoo accounts on blackberries, since it's removed from the server, it's removed from your BB.

Hope that helps.
    01-28-09 08:45 PM
    I LOVE VERIZON
    service is amazing
    ive had it since i was 16
    tad bit expensive but worth it =]
    01-28-09 11:30 PM
    Alright, so I currently have an 8830WE on verizon, and my NE2 is up Mar 18. My sister has a storm and her 2 yr contract is up in october. She is eligable for an annual upgrade, I believe. She doesn't want her storm anymore, and wants to just get a curve because of the physical keyboard. My questions are, if I take her storm, will it mess up my NE2 eligability? If I transfer her storm to my account, will the insurance that I've been paying for the last 10 years cover the storm? And if she takes out a new 1 yr contract, when is she able to upgrade her equipment again?
    01-29-09 01:38 PM
    When I get my 8330 Curve next month, what OS version will it have? I know not the 4.5, but 4.3? Or even older?

Thanks.
    I got my 8330 on December 28th and it has the 4.5 OS already on it.
    01-29-09 02:42 PM
    [QUOTE

So i guess I wont really gain anything unless i add in wahtever discoutn is offered for my palce of employment--otherwise i lose the nights at 7 and the my circle --

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Okay, this is the second post of yours like this... Did you at least look at what you typed in before you put it thru? Spell check, grammar, check it out.
    01-29-09 03:10 PM
    Cool, let us know the out come
    I just called customer service and they credited me the amount. She actually said that the previous rep had put in his notes to waive the fee but somehow it didn't happen. Glad that was easy.
    01-29-09 05:24 PM
    VZW is reasonable most of the time
    01-29-09 06:28 PM
    Hello vzw rep quick question...
    I KNOW THAT THE VERIZON REPS TRY TO KEEP THE MULTI-FRU ON THE HUSH; HOWEVER, MY FRIEND IS ELGIBILE FOR THAT EXCHANGE YET VZW WONT DO IT BECAUSE THEY CLAIM THAT SHE CANT GET ONE IF SHE ELGIBILE FOR A NEW EVERY 2 UPGRADE... IS THIS TRUE OR ARE WE GETTING THE RUN AROUND ?
    01-29-09 06:40 PM
    This is true.
    01-29-09 07:37 PM
    Hello vzw rep, will verizon ever have a upgrade to where you can have ptt added to the storm?
    01-29-09 09:25 PM
    Hello vzw rep, will verizon ever have a upgrade to where you can have ptt added to the storm?
    We currently offer no PTT Blackberry..doubt RIM will make a Storm-like device with PTT. Most of our PTT devices are centered around the rugged handsets like the GZone Boulders and Moto Adventure.

Now that you mention it, I don't believe we've ever had any PDA/Smartphone/BB PTT device.
    01-29-09 09:46 PM
    We currently offer no PTT Blackberry..doubt RIM will make a Storm-like device with PTT. Most of our PTT devices are centered around the rugged handsets like the GZone Boulders and Moto Adventure.

Now that you mention it, I don't believe we've ever had any PDA/Smartphone/BB PTT device.
    I will second that, never have had one
    01-29-09 10:17 PM
    VZW will be getting a PTT BB device. No release dates as of yet.
    01-29-09 11:03 PM
    VZW will be getting a PTT BB device. No release dates as of yet.
    Yeah I believe it is the 8530... kinda like the Sprint Nextel one...
    01-29-09 11:49 PM
    I was wondering if any VZW reps could help me? Ive always been pleased overall with VZWs CS until now.

Short version I received a replacement storm and vzw says they never received it, and so they charged me for the replacement. I have a tracking number showing it delivered over 2 weeks ago, but they say they need to investigate and meanwhile Im responsible for the charges. The rep said she had no way of knowing what was in the box I sent them! Does this sound right? Shouldnt I at least get credit while they investigate, since I have the tracking number?

Longer version - I bought the Storm in early December and it constantly rebooted. So I called in and was sent a replacement. That replacement was just the phone, not box, battery or accessories. I sent my first phone back via FedEx and it was delivered 2 days later. I then had issues with my replacement storm, if I opened the camera the phone would reset. So I called vzw and was sent another phone, they told me this one would be brand new, box, accessories and all.

When I got the new phone, and called to activate, they wanted me to agree to a new 2 year contract. I had originally bought the storm on the 1 year pricing, so called vzw to explain. The first rep kept telling me that since its a new device you have to agree to the 2 year term. Eventually she transferred me to someone else that understood it was a replacement and he had me agree to the 2 year, and then adjusted the contract end date in the system to a 1 year. I sent my old phone back to vzw via FedEx and it was also delivered 2 days later.

I thought all was fine, and the phone I have now works great, except I got my bill this month and have $283.99 in equipment charges. I called vzw and after about 20 minutes of trying to explain what happened, and about 20 minutes of being on hold the rep came back on the line and told me the charges were because they sent a new device to me and they hadnt received my old phone back yet. I told her I did send it back and gave her the tracking number (the phone was delivered and signed for over 2 weeks ago).

Even with the tracking number, she wouldnt remove the charges and said shed have to start an investigation. She said all the tracking number proves is that I sent a package, and that they have no way of knowing what was in it. She said shed have to investigate and get back with me, meanwhile I have to pay the charges if they dont finish their investigation before my due date. Ive been a vzw customer for a long time and Im not going to order a replacement phone and keep the old broken one and send vzw an empty box! Youd think they could at least credit my account while they investigate.

Can any VZW reps let me know if this is how this is supposed to work?
    01-30-09 09:22 AM
    @ erk724

Call back, have them fill out a collections suppression for you in the amount of the phone until the credit is placed by their warehouse. It will mean you can pay your bill minus that fee, and you won't be in jeopardy of being interrupted, as long as you pay your bill minus the amount of the phone you were charged. And yes, that is normal.
    01-30-09 12:32 PM
    Call CS.

have them fill out a DFILL refund request form. The warehouse will credit you in 1-2 bill cycles.
    01-30-09 04:57 PM
    Thanks for the replies guys. My bill isn't due for another couple weeks so I'll give it a week or so and if my balance doesn't change I'll call them back.
    01-30-09 06:05 PM
    your balance won't change even if there is a credit applied.

The only time it will change with a credit of that size it will be when your new bill is generated.
    01-30-09 07:07 PM
    So will I just need to call and check if they found the phone then if they don't get ahold of me?
    01-30-09 07:14 PM
    Nobody's going to call you when they get the phone.

Any rep can look up your order and see if the warehouse has checked your phone back in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-09 07:48 PM
5,111 ... 4041424344 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD