View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 3940414243 ...
tools
    I knew exactly which key u were speaking of-bb key-but i tried it-more than once-it did not work on my curve.......no matter how fast i double clickd it. I'l just stick to double clickin the track ball. thx neway!
    Try the BB menu button and then enter.
    01-25-09 01:32 AM
    Try the BB menu button and then enter.
    Yep that does work and easier than clickin the track ball twice! thx shovelheadhd!
    __________________________________________________ __
    into this house were born....into this world were thrown - Mr.MojoRisin'
    01-25-09 06:06 PM
    Hello verizon rep. I had a question regarding the insurance on the storm. What does it actually cover? My Storm is still very functional, but my screen does not make any click noise anymore. Also, I have a small amount of dust under my screen.
    01-25-09 06:14 PM
    Hello verizon rep. I had a question regarding the insurance on the storm. What does it actually cover? My Storm is still very functional, but my screen does not make any click noise anymore. Also, I have a small amount of dust under my screen.
    Insurance only covers theft, lost, and physical damage. If you have the 5.99 plan then it will extend the mfg. warr for the second year.

Try a battery reset with the device powered on. Pull it for 5-10 seconds see if this helps the clicking. If not call yur carrier for support. THey may have to replace the device.
    01-25-09 07:22 PM
    I was told the $5.99 extended the mfg warr for as long as the phone was active be it 2 years or 5 years.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-09 09:58 PM
    Insurance only covers theft, lost, and physical damage. If you have the 5.99 plan then it will extend the mfg. warr for the second year.

Try a battery reset with the device powered on. Pull it for 5-10 seconds see if this helps the clicking. If not call yur carrier for support. THey may have to replace the device.
    It also covers water damage, and the $5.99 extends the manufacturer warranty for the "life" of the device...I usually suggest to save the additional dollar, and if something goes wrong after the first year (usually a manufacturer problem will happen in the first few months), just tell them you dropped it, and it quit working properly...technically according to asurions rules it would be covered.
    01-26-09 09:45 AM
    The extended warranty only lasts 24 months, not the life of the device.

01-26-09 02:44 PM
    Also liquid damage would be considered a for of physical damage. Tell the insurance company that you dropped in the second year, just so you can save a dollar a month will most likely work, but HIGHLY unethical.

BTW for that extra dollar a month you not only get the mfg extension, but it also waives the $50 replacement fee for a MFG defect with the phone. SO who is saving now?
    Last edited by lastraid; 01-26-09 at 04:12 PM.
    01-26-09 04:10 PM
    Here's my question for the VZW reps out there....How come VZW is training you incorrectly on the Storm? I was told by three VZW techs today that the Storm touchscreen was activated by heat....I proceeded to try and educate them as to what a capacitive touchscreen was, yet they still did not believe me that I was actually telling the truth that a capacitive touchscreen measures the change in electrical charge from your finger touching the screen yadda yadda yadda.

The best line of the night was "Your hands are cold....that's why the screen isn't working"...oh dear....
    01-26-09 06:45 PM
    this may or may not deal directly with vzw, but.. when i get emails on yahoo with my blackberry, then i get home, open windows mail, they are gone off of my blackberry, is there an option i have missed that can keep them on the phone no matter if i check the emails on my mail app on the computer or not....??

thanks!
    -Justin
    01-26-09 07:22 PM
    This is probably a dumb question, but for the life of me I can't get my phone to ring out of the holster. It will show me visually that there is an incomming call but out of the holster, no sound so I'm missing all of my calls. In the holster I set it to vibrate only and it works fine. With previous BB's I would go to OPTIONS>PROFILES and manage these settings. It seems with the Storm, that I need to go in through the SOUNDS folder on the home screen because there is no PROFILES selection available under OPTIONS. From the SOUNDS folder I see the options for "Sound in Holster" (no/yes) and "Vibration" (on/off/in holster only/custom) but I dont see where I can manage out-of-the-holster settings.

Help.
    Last edited by rparker; 01-26-09 at 07:46 PM.
    01-26-09 07:36 PM
    this may or may not deal directly with vzw, but.. when i get emails on yahoo with my blackberry, then i get home, open windows mail, they are gone off of my blackberry, is there an option i have missed that can keep them on the phone no matter if i check the emails on my mail app on the computer or not....??

thanks!
    -Justin
    Two questions for you....

1. Are you using a yahoo mail account? (or @att.net, @sbcglobal.net, @verizon.net, etc)
    2. In windows mail, do you have the "leave copy of message on server" option checked?
    01-26-09 07:55 PM
    Here's my question for the VZW reps out there....How come VZW is training you incorrectly on the Storm? I was told by three VZW techs today that the Storm touchscreen was activated by heat....I proceeded to try and educate them as to what a capacitive touchscreen was, yet they still did not believe me that I was actually telling the truth that a capacitive touchscreen measures the change in electrical charge from your finger touching the screen yadda yadda yadda.

The best line of the night was "Your hands are cold....that's why the screen isn't working"...oh dear....
    As someone in tech support, I can honestly say that I've NEVER heard the term "capacitive touchscreen". RIM provides VZW reps with all of the training material and all the collateral we are ever provided all states that the touch screen is "touch sensitive". Not heat sensitive either. Believe me, with trademarked phrases such as "sure press", "sure type", "accelerometer"....I think I would've remembered "capacitive touchscreen". But I thank you for that education.

As for cold hands, here in Florida, we were in the law 20's last week...and my Storm still recogonized my fingers. I apologize if someone told you that it didn't work cause your hands were cold.

As far as your screen not working, few questions. What software is your Storm running? Have you tried a battery pull? Have you altered any of the screen's settings? If you answered .75, yes, and no....I would believe your phone maybe defective. I won't lie, there have been quite a few of them with problems.
    01-26-09 09:11 PM
    Ok, so here's my situation... Last week my brother (on my family plan) wanted to change his number so that it was no longer long distance from landline phones (parents, grandparents and other friends) so I called and got it changed. I just got the phone bill and noticed that there was a $15 charge. Is this normal? I know a lot of people that have changed their number for one reason or another and have never been charged a "Mobile Telephone Number Change" fee. I have even changed my number a few times moving to college and then to another city after graduating and have never been charged. Also, what further annoys me is that the representative on the phone did not tell me that it would cost anything. If something costs money, he should have clearly stated it before we finished the process.
    01-27-09 11:18 AM
    I was never told anything in my training about the screen being 'heat sensitive' either. Unfortunately it sounds like you got a couple of reps that wanted to sound smart with the storm but didn't know all that much. If you are having problems with the screen make sure to get tech support and not just customer service, they should be able to help you out a little more. Even then it depends on the agent you get.
    01-27-09 12:13 PM
    As someone in tech support, I can honestly say that I've NEVER heard the term "capacitive touchscreen". RIM provides VZW reps with all of the training material and all the collateral we are ever provided all states that the touch screen is "touch sensitive". Not heat sensitive either. Believe me, with trademarked phrases such as "sure press", "sure type", "accelerometer"....I think I would've remembered "capacitive touchscreen". But I thank you for that education.

As for cold hands, here in Florida, we were in the law 20's last week...and my Storm still recogonized my fingers. I apologize if someone told you that it didn't work cause your hands were cold.

As far as your screen not working, few questions. What software is your Storm running? Have you tried a battery pull? Have you altered any of the screen's settings? If you answered .75, yes, and no....I would believe your phone maybe defective. I won't lie, there have been quite a few of them with problems.

Ok...Look at my join date and post count. I know my blackberries, and my storm! Why would VZW tell their employees that the screen reacts to heat when it obviously isn't true. Believe me, I provide BB tech support for my office. I know what I'm talking about.

First thing the people asked me "what software version are you running" I immediately responded .75. They looked at me like I was crazy and said, "sure you are". I've already gotten things replaced. I knew my phone better than they did. Y'all need better BB training at VZW, esp. on the storm.
    Last edited by niubeav; 01-27-09 at 03:05 PM.
    01-27-09 03:03 PM
    WAIT!
    So, if i don't care about saving the 50 dollars, I can upgrade to a Storm now since I bought my enV in December of '07?
    01-27-09 03:08 PM
    If your voice plan is over $49.99 and you are enrolled in My Account online, yes you can upgrade now.

01-27-09 04:35 PM
    Heat sensituve is what I have heard as well. This is why the device does not get along with long finger nails as a whole
    01-27-09 04:58 PM
    Each rep at Verizon has a different amount of technical experience, some much more than others. It really depends on who you get when you call into tech support. As far as them looking at you like your crazy? that would mean you took into a store technician where they they do have training but not are not dealing strictly with pda's and should now a little about all the phones, but sadly they don't. Unfortunately the same goes in call center, but we have more resources than a lot of stores I have talked to and hopefully the person knows how to use those resources . . . (I wouldn't suggest googling "crackberry . . . " to the rep) but I think a lot of them do because as you all know there are a lot of things on this site that can resolve issues simply. And at the same time there are things that you have to go to VZW to do.

As far as reacting to heat . . . if it does you should leave the area immediately, its to hot there
    01-27-09 05:01 PM
    ok i have a ? about security p/w--ive already screwd up my "p/w keeper" and at the 9th try-just deleted the application-decided i dont need it! BUT security p/w on my bb currently is "disabled" IF i enable this, will i then be prompted to CREATE MY OWN p/w? OR does the bb have a defaulted security code (like last 4 of ph#) that needs to be edited to wat you want it 2b? I dont want to "enable" my security p/w to find that it was the same code i had for my "p/w keeper" cuz then im in trouble-dont remb'r wat i set or "enable" it to find that it has a p/w set from something else i did (like online bb email id) and then not remb'r and wipe my phone out....bcuz i royaly screwd up "p/w keeper" im super nervous to venture into this - can you shine some light on this? I read up on it, but it does not specify if you get to create your own p/w once you "enable" that field on security! Thx 4 the help.
    01-27-09 06:54 PM
    Verizon BlackBerry Storm review : Boy Genius Report

This review states that the storm has a capacitive touch screen.

Touchscreen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Explination of what Capacitive really is.

If it works off of heat, then how come it won't work when I put my gloves on in my heated house?
    01-27-09 06:57 PM
    The "simplified" answer would be that the gloves are blocking the heat of your fingers.

I understand that it's a capacitive screen, but telling the average customer that, is stupid. You end up in a 10 minute conversation that ends up in "you need to use your actual fingers, not your nails or a pen."

01-27-09 07:56 PM
    Just say it works with the electrical current of your fingers.... and don't tell people it's "heat activated"....what is it now....the blackberry mood ring? Geeze....
    01-27-09 08:28 PM
    Hey reps... just wondering if anyone has read my question yet (#1029). I'm just wondering if the fee is normal and why it was applied this time but not in the past. Thanks for your help.
    01-28-09 06:29 PM
5,111 ... 3940414243 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD