View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 3839404142 ...
tools
    i have a question.
    I want to upgrade my wives phone. We are on a plan with my company, if the bill is not paid, because my company is slow and utterly stupid, can we still upgrade, or do i have to wait till these morons get caught up on the bill.
    As long as your not more than 30 days past due you can upgrade. Of course it does depend on if you have access to the account, if you can get a new phone.
    01-22-09 11:50 AM
    How do we know what PRL we are in....cause I was wondering if i did *228 would it do any good?
    01-22-09 08:37 PM
    Doing a *228 will never hurt.
    01-22-09 08:48 PM
    Hi! I need something cleard up--there is a post on here for a s/w upgrade avail for the 8330 curve- which I have. Currently s/w vers I have is 4.5.0.77 I cal'd vzw and asked about this 4.5.0.119 version and they told me that I do have the latest s/w on my ph and if I did load 4.5.0.119 that I wuld void my warranty cuz its not valid w/vzw and possibly fry my ph-which they did say some people had cal'd and said happened already-so my ? To u is-is this a valid s/w upgrade going from 4.5.0.77 to 4.5.0.119? There r othr bb's here that have loaded it and have no issues- please advise to clear this up! Thx!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 09:45 PM
    Technically would void the warr. Load at your own risk
    01-22-09 10:08 PM
    Ok thx 4 the info - il pass on that one then! Lol-not riskin my berry!

01-22-09 10:17 PM
    Here goes: I CANNOT BELIEVE any carrier would release a media handset with a five meg OTA limit and no wi-fi.

That is the most ******** set of features since Corky from Life Goes On. If you're going to cure the dependency of this device on sideloading, you'll have to:

1. Lift the five meg download limit. This is a no-brainer that would FINALLY allow Storm owners to browse podcasts. Does Verizon even know we can't do that?
    2. Give us a way around BIS-B. Only possible if the Storm supports SDIO and would require a lot of OS tweaking and driver coding. Clearly a real long shot considering you've been unable to get A2DP working properly since 4.7.0.75, but wi-fi would expand the consumer base for this device.

Is any of this even a remote possibility? Can you take this upstairs when you get to work this morning? Please please please please please please please please please?

Last edited by patronanejo; 01-23-09 at 04:27 AM.
    01-23-09 04:23 AM
    hey-i have a ?-probably a silly one-here goes---wen im sending a sms or mms, is there any other way to "send" besides using the track-ball? Like on LG phones, samsung, u can hit the "send" or "call" button and get the same effect--the berry doesnt do that?? jw. Thx-sorry if this is a silly ? - newbie still gettin 2no my bb!
    01-23-09 09:21 AM
    hey-i have a ?-probably a silly one-here goes---wen im sending a sms or mms, is there any other way to "send" besides using the track-ball? Like on LG phones, samsung, u can hit the "send" or "call" button and get the same effect--the berry doesnt do that?? jw. Thx-sorry if this is a silly ? - newbie still gettin 2no my bb!
    Press the Blackberry button (the one with the dots on it) twice quickly.
    01-23-09 10:09 AM
    Thx pkcable! Much appreciated 4the shortcut!

01-23-09 11:39 AM
    Thx pkcable! Much appreciated 4the shortcut!

It works for emails too.
    01-23-09 02:49 PM
    Here goes: I CANNOT BELIEVE any carrier would release a media handset with a five meg OTA limit and no wi-fi.

That is the most ******** set of features since Corky from Life Goes On. If you're going to cure the dependency of this device on sideloading, you'll have to:

1. Lift the five meg download limit. This is a no-brainer that would FINALLY allow Storm owners to browse podcasts. Does Verizon even know we can't do that?
    2. Give us a way around BIS-B. Only possible if the Storm supports SDIO and would require a lot of OS tweaking and driver coding. Clearly a real long shot considering you've been unable to get A2DP working properly since 4.7.0.75, but wi-fi would expand the consumer base for this device.

Is any of this even a remote possibility? Can you take this upstairs when you get to work this morning? Please please please please please please please please please?

The 5MB download limit is only with the Blackberry browser. If you download and install Opera Mini, you can download much larger files. I've downloaded podcasts that are 80MB's. You're other question, I have no idea what you're asking. The Storm doesn't support wi-fi, it doesn't have a wi-fi chip in it. A2DP, I've never had any luck getting to work with any phone I've ever had supporting. I had stereo bluetooth headset, with the Voyager, sounds like crap, with the Dare, sounds like crap... Good luck.
    Last edited by scurvydlicious; 01-23-09 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Changed the word "higher" to "larger"
    01-23-09 04:31 PM
    I have the regular blackberry service or my curve. I want or upgrade it to the BES service so I can use my outlook email from work. I use my blackberry for personal email, calendar and contacts also. I do not want my personal calendar and contacts syncing to my work outlook. Can I make it so I can get my work email on the blackberry and maybe push my work calendar and contacts to my blackberry but not back the other way so my office does not have my personal contacts and calendar?
    01-24-09 08:55 AM
    First off, does your company have a BES server?
    01-24-09 09:10 AM
    I don't know we use outlook. Can I just get information from him for our outlook server like domain and all that and will it work?
    01-24-09 10:00 AM
    NOt really. In order to have to do what are asking the device to do. your company needs a BES server. If they do not have going to the BES plan is waste of money
    01-24-09 11:50 AM
    Press the Blackberry button (the one with the dots on it) twice quickly.
    I knew exactly which key u were speaking of-bb key-but i tried it-more than once-it did not work on my curve.......no matter how fast i double clickd it. I'l just stick to double clickin the track ball. thx neway!
    01-24-09 12:52 PM
    Ok, ive tried gettin answers for this--maybe the vzw rep knows> I added yahoo! email to my curve 8330-now, im rec'ing emails just fine. problem is, the red flower/star is still showing on my icon on my home screen showing that there is something there, but i deleted all the emails-i even went online and took out all the emails. ive opened every msg oriface on the berry to be sure i didnt miss nething-nada! The first time i added the yahoo acct i rec'd (4) emails and even tho those are gone, it seems to be stuck on the (4)-- wen i roll on the icon it shows this:
    (4)xyz@yahoo.com ive also went into the yahoo icon and "marked prior open" and "delete prior". Do i need to resend the service book for it to correct itself? that frigin red flower showing is drivin me nuts-wen i know it not supppose to be there!! lol Thx
    01-24-09 01:02 PM
    Hmmm try a battery reset?
    01-24-09 01:03 PM
    Hey lastraid it worked!!! lol-that was the only thing i didnt think of doing was a battery pull!!! duh! lol-- thx i dont have to look at that red flower anymo wen theres no mail there!!
    __________________________________________________ _
    into this house were born.....into this world were thrown - Mr.MojoRisin
    01-24-09 01:21 PM
    Good to hear, battery reset is the devices best friend in most cases
    01-24-09 01:24 PM
    NOt really. In order to have to do what are asking the device to do. your company needs a BES server. If they do not have going to the BES plan is waste of money
    So if I want to just get my email from my outlook server from work I can't just put in information to get it?
    01-24-09 01:27 PM
    If they have following done on the exhange server yes.

Enable pop or IMAP, or have outlook web acess enabled. OWA. Check with your work.
    01-24-09 01:29 PM
    If they have following done on the exhange server yes.

Enable pop or IMAP, or have outlook web acess enabled. OWA. Check with your work.
    yes we have outlook web access. I am check me email online.
    01-24-09 02:31 PM
    If you have OWA, you just need the username and password and the server settings. Once you have this you can set up email on the BIS. Keep in mind though that IT depts can block outside devices from accessing their servers.
    Last edited by lastraid; 01-25-09 at 07:34 AM.
    01-24-09 04:27 PM
5,111 ... 3839404142 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD