View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Does GoogleTalk! Count as Sms text messages or is it free with our unlimited data plans?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-08 04:23 PM
    BlackBerry - Desktop Software - BlackBerry Desktop Software at BlackBerry.com
    This is the link for desktop software (4.6 is the latest) You can either download with or without media manager...hope this helps
    Thanks so much! That's what I needed to know. Do I also need to download the usb thing?
    09-22-08 04:28 PM
    Can any Verizon employee say unequivocally (sp?), without a doubt what unlimited data means with blackberry? I have seen two answers floating around. Is it only 5gb or is it completely unlimited?
    Wirelessly transmitted to your handset you have truly unl data. Tethered to the PC you have a 5 GB limit with $.25/mb overage.

If you exceed the 5gb limit (I have NEVER seen this on a handset) you will not be blocked, you will have your bandswidth reduced to protect the network.

<--- Sr. CSR
    09-22-08 04:35 PM
    The best place to get updates for verizon wireless devices is vzam.net/blackberry. That will have the latest driver updates.
    09-22-08 04:50 PM
    oops. as well as the latest software updates.
    09-22-08 04:51 PM
    I am kinda lost as to why people are saying it's bogus. I stated you have to go to the site from your BB.

Others have talked about it on here before, so bogus is a no go.. It's kinda like a generic V cast site....

Yeah it's look stupid if you load it from you pc. but it works on the BB browser...

If you want me to delete my post, okay, but how are people getting confused....

Bramsy please explain further, or send me a PM please.

Thank you
    my apologies. the site does work but it is not the true V-cast like on a reg handset. I have gone on the website and veiwed a few videos. I also have used a EnV that is live in my store and there is alot more things that the $15 V-Cast will give you. Like music downloads, Ring tones, Ext. Would anyone like to handle all questions about this website? If so post it and have them PM you. I think that may solve further posts.

Thank You
    09-22-08 05:02 PM
    Ohhh... I hope I don't go over. I STAY signed on to one of my messenger apps. lmao
    09-22-08 05:43 PM
    Verizon released an internal statment at the time of it aquiring alltell that stated it would be rolling out a "my circle" type service for business accounts. As far as I know it has been proposed to offer this service to regular accounts as well for a flat fee(obviously). One of the reps can search infocenter and find updates if they care to.

09-22-08 05:58 PM
    Calling ALL VZW reps.
    Need your help look at:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...d=1#post748281
    09-22-08 05:59 PM
    Does GoogleTalk! Count as Sms text messages or is it free with our unlimited data plans?

Google talk uses data for instant messaging....it will not count against your messaging plan...
    Last edited by dionsb; 09-22-08 at 07:59 PM.
    09-22-08 06:11 PM
    Google talk the actual Google-Dowloaded application uses SMS? Are you sure about this? I've used it and have never seen SMS usage from it. I though it was a data-only application on the BB just like BB Messenger
    09-22-08 06:42 PM
    No, it does not use SMS, only data.

09-22-08 06:57 PM
    Supposedly, ATT is releasing 4.5 os tomorrow...will VZW be rolling it out this month? Also, will I be able to do this upgrade with my 8830 W/E right away or will it be a different release date?
    Last edited by BBRealtor21; 09-22-08 at 10:20 PM. Reason: wrong info
    09-22-08 10:18 PM
    Verizon released an internal statment at the time of it aquiring alltell that stated it would be rolling out a "my circle" type service for business accounts. As far as I know it has been proposed to offer this service to regular accounts as well for a flat fee(obviously). One of the reps can search infocenter and find updates if they care to.

VZW and Alltel are still serperate companies and therefore must act like such until the merger is approved. VZW still aggressively markets against all competitors

/ company line
    09-22-08 11:05 PM
    I'd say I'm pretty happy with Verizon. =)
    09-23-08 02:13 AM
    I agree, I have never had a problem with customer service. I love the customer service reps they have always resolved my problems.

09-23-08 07:28 AM
    I agree, I have never had a problem with customer service. I love the customer service reps they have always resolved my problems.

very tough to read your text.......
    09-23-08 09:06 AM
    Sorry, I was saying I love verizon and their customer service is great.

09-23-08 09:11 AM
    I have had verizon since before they were verizon and love them. everytime I get a new phone the reception is better and so is the signal. I pay a little more but my friends on other networks have far more problems than I do.
    09-23-08 09:18 AM
    I admire your bravery. God have mercy on you.
    Ha ha ha, that was well said pl. Jenay is still going through some things with VZW. Amazing.
    09-23-08 11:06 AM

If VZW adopts Alltel's MyCircle, I'm definitely switching over!!!!
    09-23-08 11:38 AM
    Dear VZW People:

What's the least expensive BB consumer (not buisness) type plan available (non-promotional) in the Mpls/St. Paul area that includes:

Any number of voice minutes (1-whatever)
    BB data plan (limited is okay)
    Unlimited SMS messages
    09-23-08 11:59 AM
    Dear VZW People:

What's the least expensive BB consumer (not buisness) type plan available (non-promotional) in the Mpls/St. Paul area that includes:

Any number of voice minutes (1-whatever)
    BB data plan (limited is okay)
    Unlimited SMS messages
    That would be the plan I'm on. 450 minutes with unlimited text - $59.99 plus the unlimited BB plan $29.99. Your total monthly excluding taxes and any other features you may want would be $99.98
    But if you want the $24.99 ($5 less) data plan you only get 10mb of data use.

Hope that helps
    Last edited by Spyderz; 09-23-08 at 01:14 PM.
    09-23-08 12:03 PM
    That would be the plan I'm on. 450 minutes with unlimited text - $59.99 plus the unlimited BB plan $29.99. Your total monthly excluding taxes and any other features you may want would be $89.98
    But if you want the $24.99 ($5 less) data plan you only get 10mb of data use.

Hope that helps
    Unlimited is not really unlimited.. It has a 5gb cap.
    Just wanted to make sure that was mentioned.. Some people think unlimited is unlimited, this is not the case.....
    09-23-08 12:18 PM
    Unlimited is not really unlimited.. It has a 5gb cap.
    Just wanted to make sure that was mentioned.. Some people think unlimited is unlimited, this is not the case.....
    True...very true. But using more than 5gb on a BB without tethering...is insane...literally insane. I'm not saying it's impossible. Definitely not...and kudos to whoever used the he|| out of their BB to break the 5gb limit without tethering...in fact I'll praise you for doing nothing but BB all day for several days. But the average consumer doesn't come anywhere near the 5gb limit on their BB.

Tethering by the way, is 59.99/mo...in case anyone was interested.
    09-23-08 12:23 PM
5,111 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD