View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 3738394041 ...
tools
    No charge for the application. I do believe that Yahoo uses SMS not data. So all messages send may go against your SMS.
    01-18-09 08:16 AM
    I am unable to load the desktop software for my new 8330. I am able to use the software already loaded for the 7520 it replaced. I also am unable to load the VZAccess software. In each case, the installation justs stops on the status screen, no error messages. Any ideas?
    01-18-09 08:26 AM
    I am unable to load the desktop software for my new 8330. I am able to use the software already loaded for the 7520 it replaced. I also am unable to load the VZAccess software. In each case, the installation justs stops on the status screen, no error messages. Any ideas?
    Try rebooting the computer. This sounds like it might be a computer issue. Do you admin rights on the computer? Also remove the old desktop first. Are you on MAC or PC?
    01-18-09 08:31 AM
    Try rebooting the computer. This sounds like it might be a computer issue. Do you admin rights on the computer? Also remove the old desktop first. Are you on MAC or PC?
    Thanks for the quick reply. I'm using a PC running Windows XP Pro. I have rebooted numerous times, shut off anti virus software, and even tried it in safe mode. I'm the only user on this machine and I have administrators rights. Other software has installed properly. The only thing I have not tried is removing the old desktop software; I will give it a shot.
    01-18-09 11:42 AM
    No charge for the application. I do believe that Yahoo uses SMS not data. So all messages send may go against your SMS.
    Actually, I believe now that VZW allows you to download the actual RIM AIM/Yahoo Messenger/GTalk/MSN Messenger software instead of their proprietary software, there is no SMS usage for the software.
    01-18-09 11:50 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply. I'm using a PC running Windows XP Pro. I have rebooted numerous times, shut off anti virus software, and even tried it in safe mode. I'm the only user on this machine and I have administrators rights. Other software has installed properly. The only thing I have not tried is removing the old desktop software; I will give it a shot.
    Try booting into safe mode and removing the existing desktop software from there.

Then Goto vzam.net/blackberry and download the latest version of desktop manager and install.

Let us know the results.
    01-18-09 08:04 PM
    Best thing to do is ask what offers there are when you are ready.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-09 11:15 AM
    Could I trouble anyone to respond to my question? If nobody knows the answer, then that also would be good information for me to know, I think.

Thank you!
    You will prob get more renewal offers espicially when your contract official expires. Will it be specific to upgrading to a blackberry??? Doubtful unless you currently own one of their devices. The offers will come by mail and e-mail if you are registered with myverizon.

If/when the new blackberries are released, you will still get your $50-$100 NE2 discount, as far as getting an additional $50, that depends of if there are any other promotions going on at that point.

When you are ready to upgrade, I strongly recommend doing so online thru myverizon just because typically those are the best prices. Stores and telesales are instructed NOT to match their online prices.

Bottom line is that you haven't missed out on anything unless you were looking to get a Blackberry last month.
    01-19-09 12:09 PM
    If you do an online activation and it goes all the way through and gives you a "success" message does that mean the ESN is clean?
    01-19-09 03:42 PM
    Appears that it would
    01-19-09 05:02 PM
    Long story short: I really want to buy a Storm, but my mother is wildly opposed to the idea of "paying $30/month to have internet on a phone because I have a computer". I'm lucky enough to be on a Family Plan (in her name), but she is too old to understand the concept of a BlackBerry data plan.

Anyway, is there any way I could offer Verizon $360 upfront to not put the $30 data charge on my bill for the next 12 months? I realize this is stupid, but you have no idea how stubborn the mother can be...and I would like to remain on her Family Plan for as long as possible. Got any ideas how I could pay for the data plan myself while keeping my mother in the dark? Help would be appreciated...
    01-19-09 09:05 PM
    None, VZW or any other carrier will not do this. Tell her you will pay the 30 per month towards the bill. since you have 360 why hide it?
    01-19-09 09:13 PM
    hi i have the bb 8300 and the bb messenger isnt workin and the phone is contantly roaming even though the service provider has turned it off....i have exhausted every other option....my sevice provider doesnt know whats wrong and i cant get help anywhere else PLEASE help me......
    01-19-09 09:14 PM
    hi i have the bb 8300 and the bb messenger isnt workin and the phone is contantly roaming even though the service provider has turned it off....i have exhausted every other option....my sevice provider doesnt know whats wrong and i cant get help anywhere else PLEASE help me......
    Who is your service provider? Are you using the 8330 Curve or the 8300? Please give a lil more info so we can help with your situation.
    01-19-09 09:45 PM
    i have a question.
    I want to upgrade my wives phone. We are on a plan with my company, if the bill is not paid, because my company is slow and utterly stupid, can we still upgrade, or do i have to wait till these morons get caught up on the bill.
    01-21-09 06:00 PM
    If you aren't responsible for the bill you probably can't upgrade the line anyway.

Past due accounts are generally not allowed upgrades unless you pay for the phone at the time of the order.

01-21-09 06:32 PM
    i have a question.
    I want to upgrade my wives phone. We are on a plan with my company, if the bill is not paid, because my company is slow and utterly stupid, can we still upgrade, or do i have to wait till these morons get caught up on the bill.
    Also depends on how the account is set up. If it is toed to the business and is an enterprise account they may allow it. If you are responsible for the bill and get money from them, then maybe not.
    01-21-09 06:41 PM
    Ok....it looks to be that you are on Fido, not VZW, so your question should not be in this thread.

To make it simple, I don't believe Fido actually offers blackberry plans. Therefore, since you need an actual BlackBerry plan, not an ordinary smartphone data plan, you won't be able to use BBM.

For your roaming issue, I have no idea what's going on.
    01-21-09 07:26 PM
    I was just wondering if anyone might know when the 8900 model of the curve or the new version of the bold will be coming out for Verizon.
    01-21-09 08:05 PM
    Answered many times already. But will answer again there is NO FIRM DATE! Rumor seemd to be middle of this year for the Bold
    01-21-09 09:21 PM
    I have the BB 8330 curve through VZW, and recently I have stopped receiving most of my e-mails. I may get 1 out of every 10 e-mails that show up on my computer at home. Also, the phone is very slow. I get the hourglass icon with pretty much anything I do. What are some good ways to free up some memory, and what could be causing the problems with my e-mail?
    01-21-09 09:57 PM
    The way I read the VZW family plan T&C's it sounds like any mix of area codes can be used on the various lines in a family plan as long as the codes are in VZW coverage areas. Is this correct? Must at least one A/C be in the billing address area as well?
    01-21-09 11:17 PM
    I have the BB 8330 curve through VZW, and recently I have stopped receiving most of my e-mails. I may get 1 out of every 10 e-mails that show up on my computer at home. Also, the phone is very slow. I get the hourglass icon with pretty much anything I do. What are some good ways to free up some memory, and what could be causing the problems with my e-mail?
    Delete any unused applications (such as Russian, other language, the test video etc) and do regular battery pulls. As far as the email have you logged into your BIS (I'm guessing you're on personal) and resending your service books? I was having the same issue until I did and no issues since.
    01-21-09 11:18 PM
    Hi, I have been searching everywhere but haven't found an answer to the following; Does anyone know what BB will be coming up next on the Verizon network? I currently own the bold, and am just not interesting in dealing with the issues of the Storm. Thanks.
    01-22-09 10:34 AM
    No employee that would have more reliable information than what you can find on the internet would risk their job by posting competitive data.

01-22-09 11:09 AM
5,111 ... 3738394041 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD