View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 3637383940 ...
tools
    I have a question about Application Memory. I am wondering what is eating my memory. Even though, I close all applications that I had been working on, i notice that my application memory drops significantly. Does it matter? Is there anything that can be done?
    My memory is down to 19 mb but phone seems unaffected
    01-15-09 09:39 AM
    Min is 12 to operate okay. Make sure all your music and pictures are on an sd card. Also a battery reset now again will help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 09:42 AM
    when i receive a new e-mail & take my phone out of the holster, it opens & shows the newest e-mail. is there any way to stop my phone from doing this?
    01-15-09 09:42 AM
    Re: Memory
    i have no photos, other than the ones that came on the phone & I haven't downloaded any music as of yet
    01-15-09 09:44 AM
    Zen/Lightning theme, sometimes the screen with the lightning storm shows it self, but generally, it doesn't. I notice it in themes but it will not load?
    01-15-09 09:45 AM
    Does the Blackberry Curve 8330 work with BB Maps?
    01-15-09 10:22 AM
    BB Maps uses the phone's GPS, yes. You need to be on OS 4.5.

i've been using BB Maps and it's very handy.

01-15-09 10:25 AM
    Funny how the rep just told that it is not an option, he said he was reading it directly from the RIM website.
    01-15-09 11:48 AM
    It works. Only with 4.5. Rims site must not be updated

01-15-09 12:39 PM
    I'm happy with VZW.

For clarification, not ecstatic (content in dealing with quirks to enjoy the other features so far) about the device.

Storm #1 great call quality, horrible clicking issue

Storm #2 horrible call quality, perfect clicking

apps, OS, all things were equal on each devise.

the phone quality I experienced on the first, why isn't it on the 2nd???
    01-16-09 04:02 PM
    will an early termination fee reflect badly on you or your credit score? I have a wireless internet plan in my name for my mother and she doesn't want it anymore, just wondering what the reprecussions are. Thanks.
    01-17-09 07:49 AM
    No will not do anything to you credit score.
    01-17-09 07:55 AM
    thats good, currently I have two Verizon accounts, one with two normal phones and an internet plan, and the other has my curve on it. just need to get rid of the net card on one.

Thanks
    01-17-09 08:06 AM
    You can also have them move the the curve to your main account and with this only get one bill
    01-17-09 08:14 AM
    I am very sorry if this was already asked -

I have a Storm on verizon. I like it enough for everyday and work etc. but I would like to be able to downsize to a pearl for nights out at the bar or skiing or any other environment in which the percentage of me doing serious damage to the storm drastically increases.

Is it possible for me to buy a Pearl off of ebay and just switch my sim card from my storm into the pearl for a weekend to go skiing etc.?? Or do VZW phones not work that way?
    01-17-09 04:35 PM
    I am very sorry if this was already asked -

I have a Storm on verizon. I like it enough for everyday and work etc. but I would like to be able to downsize to a pearl for nights out at the bar or skiing or any other environment in which the percentage of me doing serious damage to the storm drastically increases.

Is it possible for me to buy a Pearl off of ebay and just switch my sim card from my storm into the pearl for a weekend to go skiing etc.?? Or do VZW phones not work that way?
    You will not be able to just "switch the sim". The SIM card in the storm is for Global roaming only. In the US, it works on CDMA technology, which does not use SIM cards.
    01-17-09 04:44 PM
    Thank you for the quick response - is it possible to do it any other way? Or is this the kind of thing that would be a pain in the **** to do every time i wanted to switch...

I don't like how VZW keeps you using one device... that was not very smart!
    01-17-09 05:12 PM
    Will Vzw Put Out A Flash Player For The Storm? All I Seem To Be Able To See Is You Tube.....would Like To See And Hear The Internet I Pay For.
    01-17-09 09:19 PM
    Thank you for the quick response - is it possible to do it any other way? Or is this the kind of thing that would be a pain in the **** to do every time i wanted to switch...

I don't like how VZW keeps you using one device... that was not very smart!
    You can make an ESN switch through your myverizon site 24/7. With the features remaining the same it should take about a minute and a half. Your contacts won't transfer over so you'll have to get them onto your pearl through other means but once that is done you can switch back at forth pretty much at will. Just don't make more than 3 changes in a day.
    01-17-09 09:22 PM
    You can make an ESN switch through your myverizon site 24/7. With the features remaining the same it should take about a minute and a half. Your contacts won't transfer over so you'll have to get them onto your pearl through other means but once that is done you can switch back at forth pretty much at will. Just don't make more than 3 changes in a day.
    Also in addition to that if you want your email, then you will login to the BIS and change your PIN amd ESN there. Each time you do this as well you need to program the device and register the device with network.
    01-17-09 09:31 PM
    Also in addition to that if you want your email, then you will login to the BIS and change your PIN amd ESN there. Each time you do this as well you need to program the device and register the device with network.
    Good point sir, good point. Again...after you do it a few times I'd say all told you're looking at about 7 minutes.
    01-17-09 09:32 PM
    Vern...in regards to a flash player for the Storm. VZW is the wireless service provider. Not the phone manufacturer and not the software writers for the operating system. So VZW will not be making a Flash capable web browser for the Storm unfortunatly.

However, that being said, if RIM or some other 3rd party software company or individual writer can make one for the Storm then I'm sure you'll find out about it on these forums.
    01-17-09 09:33 PM
    Mobile Instant Messaging doesn't come pre-installed on my Blackberry Curve 8330. How can I get the program?
    01-17-09 11:43 PM
    I belive you can this from mobile.vzwapp.com
    01-18-09 08:02 AM
    Is there a charge for using yahoo messenger if you are on a storm using VSW's data plan?
    01-18-09 08:12 AM
5,111 ... 3637383940 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD