View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 09:42 AM
5,111 ... 3536373839 ...
tools
    Third BB Storm? What kind of issues are you having?
    I meant third blackberry all together pearl>curve>storm
    I keep getting a fuzzy screen like when a TV is all noise
    freezes
    sometimes when i exit out of my pics and touch the screen the pics show up in random places on the home screen
    alarm doesnt work
    can't answer phone
    accelerometer won't go from right landscape to portrait i have to flip over to left landscape then portrait
    sometimes my homescreen and full menu screen and clock screen will all be layered on top of one another requiring a battery pull
    etc. etc.
    just to name a few...
    01-10-09 10:24 PM
    I meant third blackberry all together pearl>curve>storm
    I keep getting a fuzzy screen like when a TV is all noise
    freezes
    sometimes when i exit out of my pics and touch the screen the pics show up in random places on the home screen
    alarm doesnt work
    can't answer phone
    accelerometer won't go from right landscape to portrait i have to flip over to left landscape then portrait
    sometimes my homescreen and full menu screen and clock screen will all be layered on top of one another requiring a battery pull
    etc. etc.
    just to name a few...

Are you running third party apps? If not wipe the device, after backing it up and restore it. If this does mot resolve it then I would back and try again.
    01-10-09 10:30 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used to have an 8830 and was able to watch videos from the VZW home page following these steps:
    From the VZW today home page click on news>local news>myabc7.com>videos on demand>weather. THen you get the message "We apologize, but your phone is not capable of displaying streaming videos. If you have quwstions about your phones capabilities please contact your carrier"?

With the Storm I can't view the same videos, HELP?
    01-11-09 01:05 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used to have an 8830 and was able to watch videos from the VZW home page following these steps:
    From the VZW today home page click on news>local news>myabc7.com>videos on demand>weather. THen you get the message "We apologize, but your phone is not capable of displaying streaming videos. If you have quwstions about your phones capabilities please contact your carrier"?

With the Storm I can't view the same videos, HELP?
    In the browser hut menu and then options. GO into browser config and make sure all the boxes are checked and try again
    01-11-09 08:42 AM
    In the browser hut menu and then options. GO into browser config and make sure all the boxes are checked and try again
    I had the same problem, and that fix didn't work.
    01-11-09 12:55 PM
    Well then, so much for that idea. Did you get your issue resolved? Also you may want to try and change the emulation mode to microsoft IE. Just a thought, other than that I have no idea, and maybe another user here might have some other ideas
    01-11-09 12:59 PM
    Thank you it seemed to work for me.
    01-11-09 01:48 PM
    Pearl most likely will not work there.
    would a curve work? what options do i have in terms of havin' my blackberry with all voice and data capabilities for just 1 week in paris, france...

mental note: just kill me dead NOW if i gotta go 1 week w/o my blackberry!
    01-11-09 05:20 PM
    Two options

1. rent a phone here that will work over there.

2. rent a phone over there for a week.

Curve will not work either. The only two BB devices that will work there are the 8830 and the Storm.

Sorry
    01-11-09 05:22 PM
    Two options

1. rent a phone here that will work over there.

2. rent a phone over there for a week.

Curve will not work either. The only two BB devices that will work there are the 8830 and the Storm.

Sorry
    thanks for the info, lastraid. hmmm, let me look up the 8830, haven't heard of that 1. what do you know about the 8830 and if you have a storm, what are your thoughts on it?
    01-11-09 10:33 PM
    8830 is now in my opinion an older device. It does not have a camera. The storm take some getting use to with the touch screen, but as time goes on they will improve it.
    01-11-09 11:15 PM
    what is Verizon's policy on defective units, as in how many of a particular unit do you have to go through before they will allow you to change to another unit? I am now having the fourth REPLACEMENT curve being sent out today, and would like to get a storm instead. Any suggestions?
    01-12-09 12:52 PM
    The only replacement for a Curve is another Curve or a Pearl, not a Storm. The Curve does not have many if any issues so if you have had 3 "bad" Curves, it's most likely a user issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 01:57 PM
    The three prior "bad" curves all had the same problem, going to a black screen, usually while in the middle of a call. The last one went to a black screen while in the holster. I went to use the phone, and it was in the process of restoring from a soft reset.

I am fairly new to the blackberry technology, so if I am doing something to cause this, or if there are certain apps that would contribute to this issue, could you offer some insight as to some preventative measures to ensure the proper operation of the device?
    01-12-09 02:05 PM
    There are hundreds of apps for blackberry. Any app not written by RIM could be the issue.

Remove one program at a time and see if the problem goes away. There are dozens of Curves in my office and none of them have ever been replaced.

01-12-09 02:50 PM
    what is Verizon's policy on defective units, as in how many of a particular unit do you have to go through before they will allow you to change to another unit? I am now having the fourth REPLACEMENT curve being sent out today, and would like to get a storm instead. Any suggestions?
    The Verizon store would let you know if you qualify for another type of phone. But as previously stated, the only comparable device for the Curve, is another Curve. Their policy is to exchange it for a comparable phone of equal or lesser value. So, the Storm ( unless there's a huge price drop ) is not a comparable phone or of equal or lesser value than the Curve.
    01-13-09 02:59 PM
    I just got the pink curve in November.
    In loveeee

Just a few problems I'm having an wondering if my warranty will fix?
    When I recieve incoming calls 80% of the time it just shows the number. I never know who is calling me. So, I don't answer.... BUT when I view my missed calls the name shows up, and it turns out to be a friend or family member calling??!!! I can't keep ignoring calls, and im certainly not going to answer an unfamilar number.
    -Does anyone else have this problem?
    Also, my spacebar doesn't work the best. I constantly see it not spacing and my words are together, it usually takes me a couple times to hit it to space.
    Could I just walk into a verizon store, and have them replace it after explaining it? Would I lose all my precious apps and everything?

Also, my trackball. Its kinda dirty... I have been having this plan to buy a new one and pop out my current trackball and replace it with the new clean one. Howeverr I have read it does and doesn't void my warranty. What if I were to replace it, and if needed to take in to the store.. I put the old original one back in? Could I do that, would they notice? Heehee.
    01-13-09 06:34 PM
    You can read this thread for details, but the return policy for damaged goods design is FLAWED. There is no check on the system like when you get a new phone via online ordering. I am being crapped on because SOMEONE lost the phone. I have the paperwork, but its my fault. Interesting however, VZW insures the phone for only $100.00 but I am being charged full price.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/ret...-phone-136052/
    01-13-09 07:23 PM
    I used to be able to check this on my LG 8300, but now that I've got a curve, I don't know where to do this. Hitting the verizon web site from the browser is no help.

Thanks!!
    01-13-09 07:29 PM
    You do not checkit. ALthough I have heard of success with running opera mini.
    01-13-09 09:43 PM
    yes. you can check your account info on the full verizon wireless site using opera mini. that is what i do.

also:

#MIN
    #BAL
    #PMT
    #DATA

from the handset.
    01-14-09 12:01 PM
    I purchased a Storm on Dec. 5 and returned it on Dec. 9. The tracking code showed that it already arrived at VZW store on Dec. 11. But until now, I still don't receive a refund for the phone yet. I called the VZW Customer Service at least 4 times to ask for help, but the Reps just told me wait for 10 business days to expect a refund (a month already passed >___<).

Any Rep can tell me what happened to me please ?
    01-14-09 01:12 PM
    If the credit has not been issued yet. Talk to a supervisor

01-14-09 04:06 PM
    Speaking to a supervisor is unnecessary. Any CS rep can put in the necessary form and it typically is processed within 3-5 business days.
    01-14-09 06:18 PM
    i am on the data plan and the world services package, whatever that is called, 64.99 for global calling. the global plan was activated yesterday.

Today, i am unable to send emails from my 8830WE i get message "user accoutn is in suspended mode" what does that mean?
    Any message i send gets big red x to it with that message.

please help.

i will be travelling soon and need to use the email feature!
    01-14-09 08:54 PM
5,111 ... 3536373839 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD