View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 3334353637 ...
tools
    I upgraded to a Storm a few days ago. I am fairly happy with it, no problems with my screen click whatsoever. I am having a slight memory leak issue but it's not hurting the overall performance. All in all my storm works pretty good. My question is with news that a CDMA bold/niagara is rumored for Q1, if I were to return my storm within the 30 days and pay the restocking fee. Will I get my NE2 credit back?
    01-05-09 09:05 PM
    With in 30 days, yes
    01-05-09 09:15 PM
    there is nothing wrong with my usb ports on my computer but yet my computer isn't recognizing my BB being plugged into it or I'm getting an error message stating that my usb is malfunctioned does anyone know a resolve I cannot utilize the desktop software or even update my BB... please help
    01-05-09 10:46 PM
    If you're phone will charge ok, I would try cleaning the port on your computer or using a different cable. Or even installing DM again, could be a number of things.
    01-06-09 01:02 AM
    Whats the deal with the Verizon Nationwide plus Canada plan not including data roaming as part of the package in Canada?

One of the reasons I switched to VZW from TMobile was because of my frequent trips to Canada. I used to switch my TMO Curve to WiFi and use the UMA to communicate in Canada skipping the roaming charges.

When I found out about Nationwide plus Canada, I immediately switched so I could get away from using a calling card and UMA but now I'm getting data roaming charges when I'm in Canada.
    01-06-09 09:44 AM
    Nationwide plus Canada is a voice calling plan so it doesn't provide data roaming. You can add the international data plan or disable data on your phone when you are in Canada.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 10:07 AM
    Hey guys, I have a friend that has an upgrade in March and he wanted to get the curve for $99, but we went to a Verizon store and the guy said he couldn't upgrade early.

I even called CS and they said the same thing, but I've seen plenty of ppl on here saying they've upgraded a lot earlier than two months, what gives? Btw, he's been with VZW, since Bell Atlantic Mobile, I think they should let him, lol.

Help me out guys, thanks.

01-06-09 03:34 PM
    With the merge on Jan.6, will I be able to change my plan to a Verizon plan without incurring the Alltel early termination fee? Really want a Storm. Thanks in advance.
    01-06-09 07:07 PM
    Until this happenes there has been NO info on how things will go. It will somestime even after the merger that info will be scarce and unclear
    01-06-09 07:22 PM
    Correct. You will only be able to get true, spoken turn by turn directions using VZ NAV.

It doesn't unlock the GPS for other apps.

Happy to report this is not the case for the 9530 Storm. Garmin Mobile, BBMaps work fine, Google Maps work without the turn by turn audio.
    01-06-09 07:56 PM
    Someone help me please.

Read my previous post.

Thanks!
    01-06-09 08:54 PM
    Someone help me please.

Read my previous post.

Thanks!
    Would venture to say that if a store said no and CS said no, then an upgrade is not going to happen. Early upgrades , if approved early are done on case by case basis. Now I do not all the facts for each of these, or even your friends.

Usually I have seen people upgrade with 30 days of their NE2, without a problem. If your friend is eligable for early upgrade, I can tell you it will not happen for $99. It will be 2 year pricing with any rebates. no further discounts.
    01-06-09 09:06 PM
    I just switched from the $99 bb plan to the $59.99 plan + 30 for the bb

I bought my wife a phone for Christmas and was told at the verizon store it would be better to get her on an invidual plan. So now she is on the 59.99 plan.

Can we jump on the family 700 min plan for 99.99 and then add the 30 blackberry plan ? she uses very few minutes, and I could use more than 450.

thanx if someone can clear this up.

Also, is there a data cap on the $30 bb plan?
    01-07-09 01:14 AM
    The family plan option is definitely something you can do. As for the data feature having a cap, theoretically it's 5GB, but I use my own Curve constantly and never hit a gig, let alone five. You'll be fine. I figure it's also important to note I have never had a customer call in with overage on the 29.99 data feature; I'm not sure it is possible to go over anything with it, hence the "theoretically" part.
    01-07-09 10:52 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I thought I remembered hearing 5gb somewhere. I only used 70mb in my first billing cycle.
    01-07-09 11:06 AM
    My apologies if this has been already discussed. But WHY oh WHY does Verizon send an SMS to my BBerry when I have a voice mail?? Is there any way to have this turned off??

Thanks!
    who knows. and no.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/can...ssages-131478/
    01-07-09 03:04 PM
    Verizon doesn't. The notification is in the messages location. This is how blackberries work.

01-07-09 03:05 PM
    Does Verizon pro-rate the International email & data unlimited plan? I"ll only need it for 2 weeks. Is this charge in addition to my regular BB data plan or in place of it?

On this plan are there any other roaming fees, etc added that I should be aware of?

Thanks!
    01-08-09 08:21 AM
    Yes it is prorated. It replaces your current BB feature unless you are on the combined voice and email plan.

You will still have to pay per minute roaming for voice use.

01-08-09 08:25 AM
    Yes it is prorated. It replaces your current BB feature unless you are on the combined voice and email plan.

You will still have to pay per minute roaming for voice use.

Thanks for the quick reply & that's great news!
    01-08-09 08:42 AM
    I have trouble with the screen freezing, icons do not lite up and activate. Camera zoom seldom works at a touch as it should. What is the problem?
    Last edited by cindis1; 01-08-09 at 08:51 AM. Reason: spell
    01-08-09 08:51 AM
    VZW rep,
    I am Verizon customer, ready to buy first BB. Could I walk into a Verizon store and purchase one of the phones under NE2?

Second, can I purchase the BIS service and the Nationwide Connect Plan during the same purchase, or are they separate? If separate, is the BIS purchase made at blackberry.com?

Last, I see the BIS Verizon price is $24.99 on the BB site, but lists 10MG Data. What does that mean?

Thanks
    01-08-09 10:22 AM
    Assuming you are eligble for NE2, yes you could use it towards a BB.

BB's are not compatible with connect plans, it would most likely be cheaper to just stay on your current calling plan, Add V-cast for 14.99 a month and then add unlimited BIS at 29.99 a month...I don't even see the 24.99 option on our system anymore.
    01-08-09 11:25 AM
    tomwiz,
    Thanks for replying. I found that 24.99 at blackberry.com/isp service plan page. It lists carriers, Verizon is 24.99. Perhaps that is the wrong page?
    01-08-09 11:53 AM
    What is the DUN info for a BB Storm with relation to connecting it to a TomTom for data access. I have read through lots of threads and have yet to find a combination that will work. Not sure this was the correct place for this post so if you want to point me in a different direction, by all means...

Thanks

Nick
    01-08-09 12:54 PM
5,111 ... 3334353637 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD