View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 09:42 AM
5,111 ... 3233343536 ...
tools
    why do peopel bother complaining about verizon making fetures unavailable? if you dont like the fact that you cant recieve or send MMS then go to a carrier that allows you to do so. One of the reasons verizon made MMS unavailable is because the device is a non camera phone and was intended for business purposes and not multimedia purposes. The 8830 was intended for business customers that are not allowed to have camera's at there job. Where i live here we have a very high demand for phones and pdas without cameras because of the large amount of government and military we have here. Overall i could care less what verizon locks down or what they dont make available. if i cared about it i would go somewhere else or find a different device.
    When was the last time you had any impact on changing ANYTHING because you didn't complain? You ever hear that "the squeaky wheel gets the grease?" In this case, I'm just looking for an explanation that doesn't make Verizon look completely illogical. Unfortunately, they keep coming up with the same idiotic excuse as you suggest for not having MMS capabilities - lack of a camera.

I have nothing wrong with supplying phones without cameras or gearing phones toward a specific market - that's their job. Fine, great! But, why disable a feature that the the phone is completely capable of performing, like MMS. Your reasoning has no baring on the actual issue - high security, market toward business customers "that aren't allowed to have cameras on their job." Pointless argument - we're not talking about the lack of a camera. We're talking about the ability to send pictures to and from the phone via SMS - thus creating MMS messages. I can make a great business case for requiring MMS on my phone and, surprise, it's not going to impact national or corporate security at all!

If Verizon were smart, they would provide a mechanism for requesting MMS service books on a pull scenario. I understand that not everyone needs to have it or wants to have it - but, make it available to those that would like to have it.
    12-30-08 10:32 AM
    How about no MMS on a BlackBerry WITH a camera? Oh yeah, that's Sprint. Verizon doesn't offer MMS on ANY phone that doesn't have a camera. It's been that way for at least 4 years so they aren't singling you out.

The Storm was not a VZW only device. Vodafone sells it, Canadian carriers sell it. Same charger on all of them. Lots of phones use micro usb now, not just the Storm.

Verizon doesn't sell Blackberries with WIfi because RIM doesn't make CDMA blackberries with WIFI. Nothing to do with the carrier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 02:59 PM
    lol I can't believe this thread has 40K + views.

the guy above me got it right. Nicely said.
    12-30-08 10:20 PM
    Ok quick question about Verizon discounts. My sprint plan is about up and I start working for Verizon the 19th of January. I really want to get a Storm right now and not wait. Question is: Would I even get a discount on the phone or am I going to be paying the same for the hardware and just getting a discount on the monthly payments? If it matters, I'm not working at a retail location, its at some corporate buildings. Thanks for any info anyone can give me. PM me if you don't want to post and I'll be sure to keep the info to myself.
    12-31-08 05:38 PM
    I didn't get a discount on mine, but depending on your position you may. I know a bunch of people that got them for free.
    12-31-08 06:21 PM
    Sorry for not being there for all the posts. It has been a crazy few months. Mid Oct. I got to spend a week in Hawaii but it wasn't spent laying on the beach I got married. Then there was the Holiday rush at the retail store. Times are tought but people are still buying. This is good for us and me. The beautiful woman I married has 4 kids and I have 1. Yes that's 5!!! As christmas was coming up my wife was so excited to have a great family all togather this year. Her excitement was so great she couldn't wait to give me my gift. 2 days before christmas she had me open my gift from her. In it was letters from all the kids. The wrote some beautiful things to me expressing how much they love me and how glade they are that I am there. well to make a long story short(er) My present is that I am going to be a dad to #6. (my second one) So merry Christmas and a happy new year to everyone. (I know im a little late on that one) I hope good things come to you in the new year and keep crackin Crackberry fans!!!
    01-01-09 12:41 PM
    WOW congrats on the start of fun new year. Welcome back.
    01-01-09 12:49 PM
    Hi,

I'm getting pretty agrivated about not being able to get HTML email automaticly. I tried to work a few things out with your tech support folks, very helpful by the way, and when we exhausted everything he new, he refered me to RIM. So I get on the phone with RIM and they tell me that since VZW is not supporting 4.5 for the 8830 he couldn't help me. I confirmed that too with Verizon, you only suport 4.2

You know anything that could help? I can only open the mail, press munu, get images and then the pics show up.

Help!
    01-01-09 09:44 PM
    Thats the way it works. Evenon devices that are meant to run 4.5 you have to press get images. Security thing. If the picture is embedded it will show.

Sorry you are aggrivated, but you got more support from VZW than you should have. 4.5 is not released for the 8830.
    01-01-09 10:38 PM
    Been with Verizon for almost 3 years I believe and I love them. Great CS and great service. No problems with phone calls except once when they were doing tower work, but then again, it was at 3AM when people should be sleeping.
    01-02-09 02:31 AM
    Very confusing. I was told yesterday, by a Verizon rep that it does use SMS???
    How do you ever get a straight answer? It is different depending on what Verizon rep I get???
    01-03-09 11:02 PM
    I'm not officially running...but its my day off and I've got nothin better to do cuz I'm home with the flu lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I like your replies! Accurate and to the point!
    01-03-09 11:31 PM
    First off, I think it's ridiculous that VZ locks the use of the GPS radio in their BB phones so that customers have to pay an extra $10 month for something that is already a built in capability of the BB in the first place, a hardware capability that the customer already paid for when they bought the phone. Ok, now that I got that out of the way... If a customer purchases the VZNAV feature, does that mean that the the use of the GPS radio is still locked to the VZNAV application and not open to other applications like Blackberry Maps or Google maps?
    I totally agree! I think that it is ridiculous that they block the GPS. I don't understand this. We already are paying for the device and should get all the capabilities!!!
    01-03-09 11:50 PM
    The GPS was recently unlocked to work with BB Maps. It's great and it's free!
    01-04-09 07:11 AM
    the GPS was unlock last month on the Curve and Pearl. I am not certain it has been done to any other BB on the network. Maybe the guru can tell us. Also, I have a question which bugs me to no end - I here all the time WIFI and the fact BB phones don't have it, my question is why is it needed when you already have the Internet? Can someone answer this question? Seem to me that you are limiting yourself to a coffee shop that has WIFI service.
    01-04-09 10:57 AM
    GPS fully unlocked on the Storm. You are correct about thepearl ans curve. No other BB device has been unlocked. People want wi_fi so they can without a data plan. VZW requires a data plan
    01-04-09 11:10 AM
    Hey that was quick - thanks for the reply and for clearing the WIFI question. But again, it goes back to the fact if you want WIFI, you are shorting yourself because you need to find a free WIFI or use an unlock modem (which is against the law - hehehehe) and we know nothing is free. I can just see everyone with a BB running around town looking for a free hookup.
    01-04-09 11:17 AM
    Dude. I have soooo many bad things to say to Verizon right now...
    Please inform me what bad things you have to say, thanks
    01-04-09 11:27 AM
    I am interested in purchasing a Blackberry Storm however I am not eligible for my NE2. I am willing to pay retail price (I heard it is $500). Can I do this at the nearest verizon wireless store? Can you confirm if this is the correct retail price through verizon?
    01-04-09 03:45 PM
    you can do this at the store and they can verify the price for you. You can CS and do it over the phone as well.
    01-04-09 04:08 PM
    the GPS was unlock last month on the Curve and Pearl. I am not certain it has been done to any other BB on the network. Maybe the guru can tell us. Also, I have a question which bugs me to no end - I here all the time WIFI and the fact BB phones don't have it, my question is why is it needed when you already have the Internet? Can someone answer this question? Seem to me that you are limiting yourself to a coffee shop that has WIFI service.
    GPS is NOT fully unlocked, Verizon only did the minimum they wanted to do and that is unlock BBMaps. YOu cannot use the GPS chip for third party apps or geo tagging photos.

Somebody at Verizon tell me WHY? And don't give me the security/performance issues excuse. Verizon knows just as well as everybody else that that is crap. Nearly every 3rd party GPS application works when you drop an extra 10 bucks a month for VZNav
    01-04-09 09:12 PM
    Has anyone had any problems with the speaker phone coming on for a split second when answering a call? My 8330 does have the new 4.5 upgrade.
    01-04-09 09:46 PM
    This has been repoerted in the 83xx forums. I do nothink there is a fix for it yet. I just hearing this on mine today and I have been running 4.5 for about 3 months now.
    01-04-09 09:53 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply i hope they do fix the problem it kinda annoying when you in a quiet place and u answer your phone and its really loud for a second u get some weird looks. please let me know if you ever hear of a fix thanks.
    01-05-09 04:13 PM
    I have post in the 83XX forum about the speaker blast issue. This is a known issue and has been escalted to RIM
    01-05-09 06:22 PM
5,111 ... 3233343536 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD