View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 3132333435 ...
tools
    Ok just bought the LG Decoy for my girlfriend for Christmas. Bought it in the store and received the $50 NE2 for a final price of $160 including tax. My ? is I want to return it to get my money back and then buy it online because now it's only $19.99 with the online discount. Am I able to (A) Return the phone bought from store and get all my money back and (B) Buy it online for $19.99 with online discount and NE2 for a total price of free? Please advice on best way around this. I mean spending $160 or getting it for free or at most $19.99 I want to save that money. Thanks in advance for your time.

just go to a store and request price protection. they will apply a credit on your account in the amount of the difference.
    12-26-08 08:59 AM
    I dont have a problem with Verizon, just their Reps! I cant get a representative that treats my business like a partner. I got 7 Blackberrys and one stopped working. (mine) He acts likes its no big deal. But evidently there are some little Blackberry elves that magically fix the Blackberrys at night. You just have to totally disconnect them from service before they will touch them. Once they fix them you can re-connect... Makes NO SENSE. But that is the "fix" according to my rep. Talk about a complicated re-boot. :-)
    12-26-08 10:09 AM
    VZW is the only reliable wireless network in my area. But AT&T is moving in (here I come, iPhone)! Will VZW ever get the Bold?
    12-26-08 10:17 AM
    I have a friend who is due for an upgrade. He wants a Curve (which i currently have on VZW) I want the new storm. Will VZW allow him to buy the storm and then turn right around and give it to me and switch all the ESN and numbers?
    12-26-08 12:18 PM
    Yes, but you will need to activate the devices on the account they were initially ordered from first.
    12-26-08 01:45 PM
    why does my storm not send txt msgs , or if it does take multiple hours. everythign else works fine an verizon on the phone said its because its near the holidays lol?
    12-26-08 11:41 PM
    I have a friend who is due for an upgrade. He wants a Curve (which i currently have on VZW) I want the new storm. Will VZW allow him to buy the storm and then turn right around and give it to me and switch all the ESN and numbers?
    Yes, your friend can upgrade to the storm and then give it to you for your line of service once the contract has been accepted. However, when you put the storm on your line since it wasnt purchased on your account there is no warranty. The warranty doesnt transfer between accounts.
    12-26-08 11:57 PM
    why do peopel bother complaining about verizon making fetures unavailable? if you dont like the fact that you cant recieve or send MMS then go to a carrier that allows you to do so. One of the reasons verizon made MMS unavailable is because the device is a non camera phone and was intended for business purposes and not multimedia purposes. The 8830 was intended for business customers that are not allowed to have camera's at there job. Where i live here we have a very high demand for phones and pdas without cameras because of the large amount of government and military we have here. Overall i could care less what verizon locks down or what they dont make available. if i cared about it i would go somewhere else or find a different device.
    12-27-08 07:16 PM
    Why doesn't VZW sell any BBs with WiFi? Are there any plans to do so?
    12-27-08 09:35 PM
    I have a question. There was a $44 dollar plan for Blackberry Broadband Unlimited, and I was told it was $30 so the guy changed it down to the $30 today. It's for Email and Web - Blackberry. My question is; Is this the same plan, as in is it all still unlimited and what is the difference between the 44 dollar plan and the 30 dollar plan?

Thanks!
    12-27-08 09:58 PM
    I have a question. There was a $44 dollar plan for Blackberry Broadband Unlimited, and I was told it was $30 so the guy changed it down to the $30 today. It's for Email and Web - Blackberry. My question is; Is this the same plan, as in is it all still unlimited and what is the difference between the 44 dollar plan and the 30 dollar plan?

Thanks!
    Both include unlim data on the phone. The $44.99 plan is for corp users that have their device on BES server through work.
    12-27-08 10:18 PM
    Does the Storm do PRL updates? And if so were do I check my current Prl? Also Is there roaming why well travel Us. A lot and get the little triangle thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-08 10:33 AM
    Yes it can do PRL updates by dialing *228 and selecting option 2. This can be done anytime regardless of wjht the PRL is. Recommend every 60 days for updating. Yes there is roaming as indicated by the triangle. In the US though, there is not charge for this. Triangle just lets you know that you are roaming.
    12-28-08 10:41 AM
    Ok thanks

12-28-08 10:58 AM
    I hope I'm not violating forum etiquette by posting this in two places (it's in the Verizon carrier forum separately) - but I suppose this would be a question you could answer.

My device: a Curve 8330, purchased on 12/20. My first smartphone: I am a complete newbie. And yes, I am now addicted.

The problem: the very amiable salesman gave me all the lowdown on relatively unimportant details: the bundled accessory deal versus no bundle, restocking fees, etc. But he said absolutely NOTHING ABOUT THE DATA PLAN! Nada! I'd had browser service on all of my previous cell phones for $4.99/month, and sort of assumed - knowing nothing - that I would continue to use Verizon's access to the web, etc. It dawned on me in short order that Blackberry has proprietary servers, software, etc...and I began to worry and do research. And of course, it's $29.99 a month for data.

My question: I feel strongly that when a merchant fails to give the customer the information necessary to make a financially sound decision, the customer has a legitimate grievance, and some sort of adjustment is in order. At this point, I've mastered the phone, I am addicted, I do not really want to switch to an LG EnV2. I did return to the store: talking to the supervisor was like talking to Sarah Palin. She had a repertoire of 4 stock responses, which she repeated, regardless of what I was asking her. She also wondered why I was angry (I was incredibly polite about all this, BTW).

Realistically - is there anything Verizon can or would do? How does this work? Do you feel I have a legitimate grievance?
    12-28-08 04:21 PM
    I guess I wasn't clear enough in my post in your thread: I am a VZW rep in a corporate center. There will be only slight differences in how it's handled from what I wrote to you; but nobody is going to give more than a percentage.
    12-28-08 04:35 PM
    Sorry, CyberEvil - didn't see your response before I posted here. That makes perfect sense. And - a percentage is fine. It's the principle, as much as anything.

Thanks!
    12-28-08 06:14 PM
    Hi. I have a family plan with my wife, and she pays the bill. I was wondering if I googled some stuff on my Berry for Xmas or her Bday, does Verizon print a list of all data communications on the bill like they do with phone numbers?? How much of that stuff do they actually keep? Thanks!
    12-28-08 10:33 PM
    Thank you for starting this thread - lazy ppl like me would rather post then call vzw

If my blackberry picks up service internationally (specifically Mexico) - would I be charged extra for email & data usage & how much? I found the international text rates online but couldn't find data... should I add something if we're going to be there 2 weeks? I don't want huge excess fees but won't be using it that much. THX!!
    12-29-08 09:10 AM
    Well,

First I love their coverage, and their coverage.....and more coverage as I live in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountians. Thanks for that.....

Otherwise I think the Red check is for the RED communism ways!!

Like locking me out of the GPS to force me to buy their stupid VZ Nav.
    Don't really need it as I have a Garmin, but it's rather stupid that I can't use google maps or anything else GPS based cuz VZW is so greedy. You mean you seriously can't fit that into a data plan? WTH?

How about how the Storm is the first BB to not have the mini USB charger port, and the Storm was a VZW only device, Hmmmm....

Oh yeah, one more gripe, but prob not a VZW thing....Why in this world that we live can any bb that doesn't have a camera still not send and receive MMS msg's? What's up with that? What does having the camera have anything to do with that?
    Last edited by ericdude; 12-29-08 at 11:43 AM.
    12-29-08 11:36 AM
    Why doesn't VZW sell any BBs with WiFi? Are there any plans to do so?
    because they're VZW, arghhh
    12-29-08 11:39 AM
    Well,

...Like locking me out of the GPS to force me to buy their stupid VZ Nav....
    I thought that I read that they had unlocked the GPS on all the BB's. I know it is on my Storm.
    12-29-08 11:55 AM
    Thank you for starting this thread - lazy ppl like me would rather post then call vzw

If my blackberry picks up service internationally (specifically Mexico) - would I be charged extra for email & data usage & how much? I found the international text rates online but couldn't find data... should I add something if we're going to be there 2 weeks? I don't want huge excess fees but won't be using it that much. THX!!
    Depend on which part of Mexico you will be in.

Go to:

www.vzw.com/international and you can see international rate for voice and data.
    12-29-08 05:02 PM
    I have a question...when I upgraded to my curve they said I would get my first month of the bb data plan free and I didn't...and I also declinded tethernet and they charged me...I went to the store and the rep said he would submit the credits to his manager but it will take 2-3 billing cycles IF they approve them?!?! What do I do?

12-29-08 05:59 PM
    I would talk to the store manager and let him know what happend. Make sure those credits come to you.
    12-29-08 08:32 PM
5,111 ... 3132333435 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD