View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 09:42 AM
5,111 ... 3031323334 ...
tools
    OK dumb question for a Verizon rep...

If I buy a tmobile blackberry, is there anyway i can unlock it to work on verizon?

I'm assuming the answer is no.. just want to confirm.

thanks!
    12-20-08 04:25 PM
    Nope. different technologies inside
    12-20-08 05:38 PM
    Question for Rep and I apologize if it's already been asked and answered before....

MMS on the 8830. What's the deal? I've been told that MMS is not available on this phone. This phone has all the capabilities (minus the camera) and RIM built the phone to support MMS: BlackBerry - BlackBerry 8830

Just curious as to why VZW chose not to support MMS on the 8830... I'm thinking its just because the lack of a camera (which doesn't make ANY sense to me what so ever!).

Thanks!
    12-21-08 08:25 AM
    Thats preety much it. If you need to get a picture email is always available
    12-21-08 08:54 AM
    To further elaborate on lastraid's answer. There are many threads on this topic and yes MMS is possible on an 8830 as seen with alltel's WE. The idea that verizon won't provide the MMS service books for this phone is really the problem. All that vzwpix.com crap is really a waste of time. Just because you may not have a cam doesn't mean you wouldn't want to send (or receive) an MMS message to/from someone from your phone. The email thing is only a partial answer, because not everyone has email on his/her phone. I'm not a rep, but that's my .02...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-08 10:26 AM
    Yea - That's what I thought. I think it's a load of crap and a useless excuse on Verizon's part. I understand the reps here have no say it what the company supports - but, I just think it's more of an excuse than a reasonable policy.

Lastraid: Can you look into WHY Verizon doesn't want to support MMS on the 8830? If VZW isn't going to give us OS 4.5, then, at least give us MMS! Pretty cheap (and typical) of Verizon!

Sorry for the rant..
    12-21-08 12:13 PM
    I as much as I can investigate, I do not think MMS will happen and at this pont I doubt 4.5 will be available to the 8830 for the following reasons.

Age of device and the storm was released. Hope I wrong

I have not seen any internal documentation or rumors heard about either of subjects as well. Sorry
    12-21-08 12:19 PM
    Dear VZW Rep.
    thanks for my ealier answer.

If instead of taking the storm back, I let my son use it on another line and put my 8830 back on my line, will they penalize me for it.
    thanks
    Newbie62
    12-21-08 01:52 PM
    Are there any sound adjustments that I can make with my Storm? Everyone I talk to says that my sound quality sounds very muffled to them. Incoming calls however sound ok.
    12-21-08 02:55 PM
    hi i bought the blackberry storm at best buy on the 29th of november just wondering if you still have the 30 trial period.
    12-21-08 05:37 PM
    hi i bought the blackberry storm at best buy on the 29th of november just wondering if you still have the 30 trial period.
    Depends on BestBuys Policy
    12-21-08 06:53 PM
    Dear VZW Rep.
    thanks for my ealier answer.

If instead of taking the storm back, I let my son use it on another line and put my 8830 back on my line, will they penalize me for it.
    thanks
    Newbie62
    no, people swap phones all the time, your sons line would need a BIS or BES plan tho
    12-21-08 06:55 PM
    Yea - That's what I thought. I think it's a load of crap and a useless excuse on Verizon's part. I understand the reps here have no say it what the company supports - but, I just think it's more of an excuse than a reasonable policy.

Lastraid: Can you look into WHY Verizon doesn't want to support MMS on the 8830? If VZW isn't going to give us OS 4.5, then, at least give us MMS! Pretty cheap (and typical) of Verizon!

Sorry for the rant..
    Whats the point of MMS on a phone w/out a camera? You can still open images through email. Verizon doesn't do the SW, it's RIM.
    12-22-08 01:47 AM
    Whats the point of MMS on a phone w/out a camera? You can still open images through email. Verizon doesn't do the SW, it's RIM.
    See - you are drinking the same water as all the other VZW policy makers. RIM supports MMS on the 8830 - Verizon has chosen not to support it. So, no offense, but, I don't want to hear that ridiculous claim about Verizon doesn't do the SW - that's BS.

MMS on a phone w/o a camera?? By not supporting this, I don't even have the ability to RECEIVE MMS messages from folks. This is a problem. And, Verizon's website sucks! Sure, I can open thru email, but, not everyone has email on their phones. So, that's really not a viable option either.
    12-22-08 02:45 PM
    Do the 8800 and 8820 support MMS?
    12-23-08 12:16 AM
    Do the 8800 and 8820 support MMS?
    According to RIM's website, all 8800 series phones are MMS capable. This leads me to further assume that Verizon is choosing not to support MMS on the 8830 simply because the phone doesn't have a camera and they don't think a phone w/o a camera needs to have MMS support. Pretty stupid thinking...
    Last edited by ksat; 12-23-08 at 03:18 PM.
    12-23-08 09:12 AM
    See - you are drinking the same water as all the other VZW policy makers. RIM supports MMS on the 8830 - Verizon has chosen not to support it. So, no offense, but, I don't want to hear that ridiculous claim about Verizon doesn't do the SW - that's BS.

MMS on a phone w/o a camera?? By not supporting this, I don't even have the ability to RECEIVE MMS messages from folks. This is a problem. And, Verizon's website sucks! Sure, I can open thru email, but, not everyone has email on their phones. So, that's really not a viable option either.
    Can't they send a picture message to an e-mail address? I used to do that with my Voyager all the time.
    12-23-08 05:10 PM
    Hello:

I have 2 RAZR phones now on a family plan. No upgrades available until 08/2009. First ?: could I buy a new Storm ($200) by adding a 3rd line, yet activate it on one of my existing #s? I could use one of my RAZRs for the new line.

Second: my plan is to cancel the 2nd existing line next month and pay the $100 ETF. Is that possible? That would mean the cost of the Storm would be $300 and not $500.

Thanks!
    AC
    12-23-08 05:16 PM
    Can't they send a picture message to an e-mail address? I used to do that with my Voyager all the time.
    They very well may be able to do that - but, that's not my concern and it is out of my control. The fact is that the 8800 series phones are MMS capable but Verizon has chosen not to support it on the 8830 for some unknown reason...other than "it doesn't have a camera so it's useless to need MMS" claim.
    12-24-08 01:24 PM
    They very well may be able to do that - but, that's not my concern and it is out of my control. The fact is that the 8800 series phones are MMS capable but Verizon has chosen not to support it on the 8830 for some unknown reason...other than "it doesn't have a camera so it's useless to need MMS" claim.
    Ksat - you are on the money!!!

Using this same warped reasoning, I guess my laptop or PC shouldn't be able to view pictures either since they don't have camera functionality. What ridiculous reasoning...
    12-24-08 06:59 PM
    Ok just bought the LG Decoy for my girlfriend for Christmas. Bought it in the store and received the $50 NE2 for a final price of $160 including tax. My ? is I want to return it to get my money back and then buy it online because now it's only $19.99 with the online discount. Am I able to (A) Return the phone bought from store and get all my money back and (B) Buy it online for $19.99 with online discount and NE2 for a total price of free? Please advice on best way around this. I mean spending $160 or getting it for free or at most $19.99 I want to save that money. Thanks in advance for your time.
    Last edited by Lance Burkhardt; 12-25-08 at 12:46 PM.
    12-25-08 12:43 PM
    Lance burkhardt < f-in classic, I bet half the people in this forum don't know/remember who that is lol.

A) Yes
    B) Yes

12-25-08 12:49 PM
    Thank you.
    12-25-08 12:53 PM
    I would take it all back to the store and see if they can match it. If not return it and buy it online.

12-25-08 01:12 PM
    I have a Storm that i ported the # form us cellular.
    so i now have a 8830 with uscellular os and no service.

Is there a way to remove us cellular os and install VZW os so it will work on the VZW network?
    12-25-08 11:32 PM
5,111 ... 3031323334 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD