View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 2930313233 ...
tools
    I posted this in the Storm forum but I was hoping to get the opinion of a Verizon rep. Any help or advice would be appreciated!!

I called vzw tech support regarding the voice quality. It has been a problem since I purchased the phone, people complain that I sound robotic and I often find myself hanging up and using a land line. The tech told me to dial ***send each time I have a problem with voice quality over the next 5 days and they will then dispatch people to look at the network (tower signal) in each of those areas, then they will determine if it is my handset. This is of course frustrating to me because this device is supposed to function as a phone and I should not have to wait 10+ days for them to determine if my phone is defective. Of course, the 10+ days will place me outside of my worry free guarantee. I love my Storm but I am annoyed with the call quality. I never have less than 3 bars and no one can hear me, I never had this problem on my Q (note: my routine has not changed, I am not calling from remote places). Is this the normal procedure when a customer complains of issues with their call quality?
    12-14-08 03:04 PM
    I posted this in the Storm forum but I was hoping to get the opinion of a Verizon rep. Any help or advice would be appreciated!!

I called vzw tech support regarding the voice quality. It has been a problem since I purchased the phone, people complain that I sound robotic and I often find myself hanging up and using a land line. The tech told me to dial ***send each time I have a problem with voice quality over the next 5 days and they will then dispatch people to look at the network (tower signal) in each of those areas, then they will determine if it is my handset. This is of course frustrating to me because this device is supposed to function as a phone and I should not have to wait 10+ days for them to determine if my phone is defective. Of course, the 10+ days will place me outside of my worry free guarantee. I love my Storm but I am annoyed with the call quality. I never have less than 3 bars and no one can hear me, I never had this problem on my Q (note: my routine has not changed, I am not calling from remote places). Is this the normal procedure when a customer complains of issues with their call quality?
    Depends on the circumstances, If you have an open issue I would not worry about the 30 days, VZW will take of this. I doubt this is a network issue if your old phone worked okay and no one else with VZW has this issue in the area. I would lean towards account or device at this time.

If I got this call I would reset the account and wipe the device. If this did not resolve it, I would look at the device.

I will say when trouble ticket goes to network, it takes 48-72 hours for them to deal with it. If they send to performance, this can add quite a few days as they send a person out to your ara to check towers and signal strength at your problem location.
    12-14-08 07:40 PM
    I was wondering if anyone knows a way to get the Verizon international SIM for the 8830 to work in a BOLD or any other Quad band?
    12-15-08 05:03 AM
    I tried emailing you on this but I got an error so here goes:

I've had my Blackberry for about 2 months and I love it. It was the only phone offered by Verizon that I liked when it was time for my upgrade. I was unsure of the date package but was told at the Verizon store that I could call and have it cancelled at any time. Well, I recently was laid off from my job and cannot afford the extra high bill due to the data package. I emailed them to cancel and was told that a date package cannot in any way be removed from a Blackberry. I've been arguing with them through email for over a week now. I have a hard time believing that the data package cannot be removed. I feel that if it can't, Verizon should provide me with a phone for their employee's mistake. I feel now that I was swindled into getting the phone. I LOVE my phone but there is no way we can pay the bill each month and absolutely no way we can purchase a new phone right now. The only thing I've been offered is 25% off a new phone. To me, that's not good enough. What should I do? And can the data package seriously not be removed? I know that if purchased from Best Buy, the internet can be cancelled after 6 months. Thanks for your advice/help!
    12-15-08 02:30 PM
    I tried emailing you on this but I got an error so here goes:

... Well, I recently was laid off from my job and cannot afford the extra high bill due to the data package. I emailed them to cancel and was told that a date package cannot in any way be removed from a Blackberry. ..
    TaraCarinne, I'm not an employee only a lowly customer like yourself. I went through similar circumstances this past summer and the only way I was able to keep my plan and eliminate the data charges was to use a non-blackberry phone. I was fortunate enough to have a friend who lent me an old phone of his. Once I switched the blackberry out to the other phone the data plan came off and so did about 1/3 of my bill. This probably doesn't offer you any new information beyond what you already know, but know that there's other people out there with the same dillema/situation. I wsh I could have just used the blackberry for phone and SMS communication but I couldn't get them to budge either.
    12-15-08 03:00 PM
    can one of you VZW reps pin me about a custom service issue at a store here in florida... i just want someone who is willing to help me and not say "we have never heard of a screen click prob or a battery prob on the storm"
    or
    blame me for the bottom half of my screen on my dare being black... although i just activated 10 mins before...
    and
    the list from this store goes on and on...
    i will go over everything (if you want to hear all of the issues)
    if not that is ok too...
    just help me with my issue at hand and i will be good...

pin 304C3346
    12-15-08 04:57 PM
    can one of you VZW reps pin me about a custom service issue at a store here in florida... i just want someone who is willing to help me and not say "we have never heard of a screen click prob or a battery prob on the storm"
    or
    blame me for the bottom half of my screen on my dare being black... although i just activated 10 mins before...
    and
    the list from this store goes on and on...
    i will go over everything (if you want to hear all of the issues)
    if not that is ok too...
    just help me with my issue at hand and i will be good...

pin 304C3346
    PM me, that is bs I've personally replaced about 5 storms that had the 'dead screen' click issue. same thing with the dare, unless there is water damage. Talk to a manager if they give you problems like that.
    12-16-08 01:01 AM
    Forgive me if this question has been posted before. I did use the search function but got negligible results. I would like to know why my Blackberry phone on the largest 3G network never shows a 3G connection? I am in San Diego CA.
    12-17-08 08:25 AM
    Forgive me if this question has been posted before. I did use the search function but got negligible results. I would like to know why my Blackberry phone on the largest 3G network never shows a 3G connection? I am in San Diego CA.
    You see that thing that says 1XEV in the upper right corner, wammy 3g. It's just not called 3G, it's really EVDO at Rev A speeds. ATT's is called Edge as opposed to EVDO.
    12-17-08 01:26 PM
    Dear VZW rep
    I updated from an 8830 to a storm, within 3 weeks. Would like to take the storm back and use the 8830. Touch screen isn't for me.
    The VZW store filled out my rebate and sent it in automatically. Can I still return the phone. They can have the rebate when it comes. This phone is simply not for me.
    my pin#
    304b05d6
    Thanks
    KD
    12-17-08 07:57 PM
    Thanks Nighthawk for your input. I'm def starting to get mad at this point. If you can't drop the date package then there should be something on their website stating as such. There isnt. Also, if you go to the Best Buy website, it says you can get a Blackberry there and drop the data package after 6 months. Can one of you Verizon reps please explain this to me? Tons of people are getting ripped because they don't know any better. I was told by a Rep in a Verizon store that I could drop it. Obviously, he was trying to make a sale that day.
    12-17-08 09:38 PM
    Data packages on Blackberry is required. They cannot be dropped. Also any PDA/smartphone released by VZW after Nov 14th also require data plans and cannot be dropped.

Can you provide the link (i know you cant post them but it will come out for cut and paste) I will research and if this is the case, I will escalate this VZW management.
    12-17-08 09:43 PM
    HELP...quick question, do i NEED to have a sd card to download ringtones or MP3's onto my phone i have the curve8330 running on 4.5 and currently have 38044859 butes in my file free any help would b greatly appreciated
    12-17-08 10:07 PM
    HELP...quick question, do i NEED to have a sd card to download ringtones or MP3's onto my phone i have the curve8330 running on 4.5 and currently have 38044859 butes in my file free any help would b greatly appreciated
    You don't NEED one, but it is greatly recommended to have one since you are taking up precious memory space on your curve.
    12-17-08 10:08 PM
    syndicate...i absolutely understand what youre syaing my phone rarely ever says 1xev so whammy no 3g, mayb sometimes but hardly ever
    12-17-08 10:14 PM
    i have one, but me being the anxious blackberry virgin that i am i damn near broke the door off tryna put it in and i left it at my moms house i'll go pick it up soon...by the way are there any sites that i can go2 to download ringtones or mp3's for free...after all we are talking abut verizon theyll do anything for a buck?!?
    12-17-08 10:18 PM
    i already got some from here but they arent really what im looking for
    12-17-08 10:18 PM
    Shawty, which posts are you responding to? I'm kinda confused when you don't quote the original post.
    12-17-08 10:21 PM
    Lastraid -

I copied the link but apparently I dont have enough posts to post a URL. Grrr. Can I email it to you?

When you in to act like you are getting a Blackberry Storm from Best Buy, it makes you pick a Blackberry internet plan BUT it says you only have to maintain it for 6 months. (in the yellow box) When I acted like I was going to buy a Curve, which is what I have, it doesnt make you choose any data package. Also, I chatted with a BestBuy rep today and she told me that you can cancel the package at any time but some of the features on the phone will not work. That doesnt matter to me. I just need to knock some off my bill and soon.
    12-18-08 07:46 PM
    Sure, you should be able to email it me via this website
    12-18-08 07:55 PM
    Dear VZW rep
    I updated from an 8830 to a storm, within 3 weeks. Would like to take the storm back and use the 8830. Touch screen isn't for me.
    The VZW store filled out my rebate and sent it in automatically. Can I still return the phone. They can have the rebate when it comes. This phone is simply not for me.
    my pin#
    304b05d6
    Thanks
    KD
    Yes, you can return the device and reverse the contract within 30 days. There will be a $35 restocking fee if you purchased it from a CORPORATE Verizon Wireless store.
    12-19-08 06:41 PM
    Do you think VZW will get the new, great looking "Curve"? I don't like the Storm, it really disappointed me in many ways, but the new Curve looks great. I hate that VZW doesn't have the Bold. I hate to switch just because they have crappy phones when the service is good.
    12-20-08 06:14 AM
    If you do not like the phone doe not mean it is crappy. Lots of storm users like the phone and it will only get better. Will VZW get the Bold? I doubt it, but they may very well get a simular version of it. THere is no date, but if it happens it will sometime next year
    12-20-08 08:15 AM
    I just realized that VZNavigator was pre installed on my Storm. Is the service free now that GPS is unlocked, or does it still cost $15 a month?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-08 02:37 PM
    not free and it 9.99 per month
    12-20-08 02:56 PM
5,111 ... 2930313233 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD