View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 2829303132 ...
tools
    The voice and data bundles are for people that need need the corporate/BES service. It does saves them money

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-08 08:52 AM
    Here's my question for a Verizon rep for today:

I don't know if this has been asked before but does VZW have any plans to release 4.5.something for the 8830?

I like having a BB with no camera and I'm reluctant to move to the Curve or Storm just to get BB maps with GPS, Docs2go, html email, improved browser and other 4.5.x OS related features.

I would prefer not to install some OS s/w I find floating around the web on my phone but I can't believe you guys are stopped at 4.2.2.196 for the 8830 forever and ever amen.
    12-08-08 10:00 AM
    Ok this is a stupid question and im sure you have answered it before but i dont want any surprises when i go to the verizon store. I want to get my wife and i blackberrys and i was looking at the $99 dollar plan with 450 min that include everything else sms im e-mail and internet? I also have another line on my plan what will not have a blackberry how will that work? Also any other info you can give a newbee would be great. Thanks.
    Last edited by Hoagie52; 12-08-08 at 02:10 PM.
    12-08-08 12:48 PM
    I just got laid off and my former employer used a BES, I have my phone and am trying to synch to my outlook (BIS) but it wont recognize my phone. I've been told its because my phone is trying to find the BES and its not working.
    I really need to get my contacts downloaded. Any ideas?

Thanks
    12-08-08 08:47 PM

I don't know if this has been asked before but does VZW have any plans to release 4.5.something for the 8830?

I like having a BB with no camera and I'm reluctant to move to the Curve or Storm just to get BB maps with GPS, Docs2go, html email, improved browser and other 4.5.x OS related features.

I would prefer not to install some OS s/w I find floating around the web on my phone but I can't believe you guys are stopped at 4.2.2.196 for the 8830 forever and ever amen.
    Verizon has very little to do with the software, thats all RIM. We know about 2 weeks before a new OS is released.
    Ok this is a stupid question and im sure you have answered it before but i dont want any surprises when i go to the verizon store. I want to get my wife and i blackberrys and i was looking at the $99 dollar plan with 450 min that include everything else sms im e-mail and internet? I also have another line on my plan what will not have a blackberry how will that work? Also any other info you can give a newbee would be great. Thanks.
    BB/Data plans are just an add on to voice. So you can have data on just one line. If you switch it to a family share 700 is lowest you can go. It would be 90 for 3 lines at 700 mins, then 60 for the 2 bb data plans.
    12-09-08 12:56 AM
    Dear VZW Rep:
    I got my Storm on Nov. 22nd and love it for the most part. I bought it at Best Buy and it was working when I left the store. After work, I noticed the network coverage indicator in the upper right corner had switched to SOS in red. It stayed that way and didn't go back to 1XEV, so I took it back to Best Buy. I checked the Service Status and it said the Mobile Network Provider was AT&T. A short time later it switched to TMobile. They were on the phone with VZW tech support for half an hour and ended up re-setting it and re-activating it.

The following week I noticed it switched to SOS twice, but only for a minute or less and then switched back to 1XEV. Then tonight it switched to red SOS and didn't go back to 1XEV until I turned it off and then back on. The Mobile Network Provider showed AT&T.

Do you know what causes this to happen and if there is a setting on the phone I can change so it doesn't keep happening? Thanks in advance.
    12-09-08 01:51 AM
    Verizon has very little to do with the software, thats all RIM. We know about 2 weeks before a new OS is released.

BB/Data plans are just an add on to voice. So you can have data on just one line. If you switch it to a family share 700 is lowest you can go. It would be 90 for 3 lines at 700 mins, then 60 for the 2 bb data plans.
    That's without text right? 150 that's not as bad as I thought it would be thanks for the response.
    12-09-08 08:06 AM
    I've been a VZW customer for about 6 years now. My wife got a VZW line a few years ago. Last year we merged the two lines to a Family Share plan, with her line being the primary. It used to be that we would both get $100 NE2. In March 07 we reupped & I used my $100 to get a Q.

Our contract expires in 3/09. I want to upgrade phones. Right now her primary line is showing a $50 upgrade credit, and my line shows nothing at all. Is this right? What happened to the $100 for both of us? Will I get a $50 credit in March or not at all?

I was totally unaware that I wouldn't be getting my 3rd NE2 $100 credit this time around. Honestly it's been keeping my with VZW after all these years. Is there something I'm missing? Thanks.
    12-09-08 12:54 PM
    I have a Question for the vzw rep... Does anyone of you work for global support or have a friend that does.. I called to get a couple of storms unlocked that i bought off of ebay and they are telling me i need a bill of sale for full retail value, or to connect each one to each line and call on behalf of the person who has that phone now to get the unlock codes.... now i was wondering, does anybody know a global support person or could they possible help me have an easier way to get the code..by calling a sane person who knows that blackberrys can be unlocked and do not think that the storm is still unreleased??????? suprising how some of these customer service people work for vzw and don't even know their newest phone has been out for over 2 weeks!!!
    12-09-08 01:01 PM
    I have a question for you about upgrading on a family plan. My girlfriend (line 2) is eligible for "discounted pricing" on 12/26, which would be 2 yrs since the line was added to my plan. Line 1 is not eligible for a while, but I was wanting to use the line 2 NE2 discount to get a Storm, and activate that for line 1. Line 2 is a BB Pearl, which she is satisfied with. Is this possible?
    12-09-08 02:06 PM
    I have a question for you about upgrading on a family plan. My girlfriend (line 2) is eligible for "discounted pricing" on 12/26, which would be 2 yrs since the line was added to my plan. Line 1 is not eligible for a while, but I was wanting to use the line 2 NE2 discount to get a Storm, and activate that for line 1. Line 2 is a BB Pearl, which she is satisfied with. Is this possible?
    I'm pretty sure that is possible. I had a family plan with my business partner. My wife (who's NE2 wasn't up at the time) ended up using my partner's wife's NE2 discount to get her 8130.

Funny thing is that Verizon must have messed up the switch b/c my wife is currently eligible for a NE2 discount eventhough she's only had the Pearl for a year.
    12-09-08 02:34 PM

Ok, so I went over to Blackberry and followed their update links for the 8800 series phones for Sprint, Att, Tmo and Verizon. For those links that actually worked without entering a PIN or phone number, everybody seemed to be sitting at 4.2.2.196. And yet, I received an email from RIM telling me to come and get 4.5. Maybe they jumped the gun by sending this particular email out to 8830 users. I will keep an eye on this. I'm hoping this means they plan to release 4.5 for the 8800 series "officially" very soon.
    12-09-08 02:59 PM
    I've been a VZW customer for about 6 years now. My wife got a VZW line a few years ago. Last year we merged the two lines to a Family Share plan, with her line being the primary. It used to be that we would both get $100 NE2. In March 07 we reupped & I used my $100 to get a Q.

Our contract expires in 3/09. I want to upgrade phones. Right now her primary line is showing a $50 upgrade credit, and my line shows nothing at all. Is this right? What happened to the $100 for both of us? Will I get a $50 credit in March or not at all?

I was totally unaware that I wouldn't be getting my 3rd NE2 $100 credit this time around. Honestly it's been keeping my with VZW after all these years. Is there something I'm missing? Thanks.
    Only lines that bill out at 34.99 per month qualify for a new every two credit. It sounds like you wife's line is the primary line now which bills out at a higher rate...at least $60. Your line is now a secondary line which probably only bills out at 9.99. Maybe 19.99 if you're on a connect plan or 29.99 for a premium, but it's less than 34.99 so your line doesn't qualify.

You may not be getting the credit toward the purchase of your new phone on your line, but you saved more money over the course of the agreement by being on a FamilyShare plan as apposed to 2 single line plans.
    12-09-08 09:46 PM
    I have a Question for the vzw rep... Does anyone of you work for global support or have a friend that does.. I called to get a couple of storms unlocked that i bought off of ebay and they are telling me i need a bill of sale for full retail value, or to connect each one to each line and call on behalf of the person who has that phone now to get the unlock codes.... now i was wondering, does anybody know a global support person or could they possible help me have an easier way to get the code..by calling a sane person who knows that blackberrys can be unlocked and do not think that the storm is still unreleased??????? suprising how some of these customer service people work for vzw and don't even know their newest phone has been out for over 2 weeks!!!
    From what you stated above, it doesn't sound to me like they are unaware that the Storm was released.

They are telling you that unless the Storm is currently active with VZW or unless you bought it at full-retail price from VZW, then they will not help you unlock it. Since you bought it on ebay, you might not be able to get anyone from VZW to help you unlock it.
    12-09-08 09:51 PM
    Yes, it's possible. It's called an alternate upgrade. You can use the credit and upgrade from line one to extend the agreement, but put the phone on line two.
    12-09-08 10:10 PM
    Only lines that bill out at 34.99 per month qualify for a new every two credit. It sounds like you wife's line is the primary line now which bills out at a higher rate...at least $60. Your line is now a secondary line which probably only bills out at 9.99. Maybe 19.99 if you're on a connect plan or 29.99 for a premium, but it's less than 34.99 so your line doesn't qualify.

You may not be getting the credit toward the purchase of your new phone on your line, but you saved more money over the course of the agreement by being on a FamilyShare plan as apposed to 2 single line plans.
    On my line, which is secondary, we spend 9.99 plus 29.99 for the data plan. The base total (before insurance/texting/etc) would then be 39.98. Wouldn't that qualify the line?

...adding...

Just looked at at my bill online. Here's a breakdown of total charges:
    Primary Line: $52.51
    Secondary Line: $52.94
    Last edited by nosey313; 12-10-08 at 08:39 AM.
    12-10-08 08:25 AM
    No, because the base rate of the plan must be above the threshhold. Feature add ons do not count
    12-10-08 12:25 PM
    Tomwiz is correct. Your new every two eligility is based on the calling plan access charge for the line. Add-on features do not contribute.

12-10-08 01:15 PM
    How many days do I have to cancel my contract to avoid any ETF without having to port a number?
    12-11-08 12:01 PM
    here is my question: yesterday in the mail i received a $50 off any phone offer thingy. Can that be combined with $100 off i now have for new every 2?

I've been off the contract for a year and a half, but i am looking at getting a storm now, so the more possible discounts the better.
    12-11-08 12:30 PM
    I want to get the storm and use it for tmobile, do I have to wait until after the 30 days to unlock and use it. (For tmobile)

12-11-08 02:08 PM
    I want to get the storm and use it for tmobile, do I have to wait until after the 30 days to unlock and use it. (For tmobile)

Just buy it on ebay so you dont have to wait, unless you specifically want the unlock code.

If thats the case, buy the Storm from VZW.

Call up VZW corporate and tell them you have to go on an emergency trip to europe, and you will be needing an unlock code.

If they won't provide one, tell them you specifically bought the Storm since it was a global phone.

And that if they won't allow you to unlock it for overseas use, you will have to cancel your contract effective immediately.

Since you bought it and switched carriers for that sole reason.

If you pressure them enough, and throw around the "C" word, they'll buckle garunteed.
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 12-11-08 at 03:09 PM.
    12-11-08 03:04 PM
    Can you watch movies or clips on your blackberry that are wmv files? and how do i go about listening to pod cast form the BB? Or are any of these things even avalibale?
    12-11-08 04:45 PM
    I have the 30$ plan and the woman at customer service said something about me not being able to use the word, powerpoint, and excel programs. Can someone clarify that for me or shed some light? Thanks, I'm new to this, but I love my storm
    12-14-08 11:49 AM
    Not sure what she told you. But you should have no problem using docs to go on the device with the data plan you have
    12-14-08 12:39 PM
5,111 ... 2829303132 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD