View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 09:42 AM
5,111 12345 ...
tools
    Well amusick, I'm glad to see you got this thing up and running. I noticed that some help is stepping up for you. Good thing ,too! Hopefully it runs smooth from here on out. Have a good day.
    09-22-08 11:17 AM
    Have you looked at the thread by jenaywins? She could use some help.
    09-22-08 11:33 AM
    I answered NO because there's more negatives then positives in my mind about VZW.

Customer service is hit and miss. (No, not their attitudes, but their knowledge.) What good is customer service if they are idiots even about things they should already know and is part of their training? I could care less how nice you are, if you're a dumba**, you're no good to me.

Prices could be lower for what they offer. They offer nothing better then other carriers. The whole "It's the network" thing is basically due to the radio technology they use. That's all, nothing more. CDMA has a stronger radio frequency then GSM does. It's the same thing you used to see with WIFI networks. If you wanted a lot of penetration, you'd use 802.11a rather then 802.11b, but range sucked on a. It's a tradeoff somewhere. If they'd lower the prices by like $20 on each package they offer, they'd make a killing because everyone would switch to them.

Locking down phone capabilities. It's bad in my book. You're already charging more then the other carriers. I guess that's not enough, you have to disable capabilities and then charge more to give subscribers access to them via your own software apps, which aren't even that good half the time when compared to other solutions available on the market.

Bottom line, the only thing keeping me on this network is that the reception is good. That's all, nothing more. I think Verizon should change their slogan to "It's just the network."
    09-22-08 11:39 AM
    OK I have a question about the warranty I have the pearl and the silver ring around the ball is chipping is this covered?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-08 11:43 AM
    I have a question, I have a 8830we what is the latest sofrware update for this, I have v4.2.2.196 (platform 3.0.0.84) is this the latest?
    09-22-08 12:12 PM
    whats this "credits" on m.vcast.com garbage?
    09-22-08 12:42 PM
    Can any Verizon employee say unequivocally (sp?), without a doubt what unlimited data means with blackberry? I have seen two answers floating around. Is it only 5gb or is it completely unlimited?
    09-22-08 12:47 PM
    OK I have a question about the warranty I have the pearl and the silver ring around the ball is chipping is this covered?

Sorry but no. They are easy to replace see if you can find a replacement one online. Sorry I cant provide you with links or help with the search I'm on a work computer and they locked most of the internet down. Good luck
    09-22-08 12:59 PM
    I think we all have looked at the site and found it to be bogus. I would forget and move on. (my opinion)
    09-22-08 01:14 PM
    No, not covered. You can buy a new ring online though.

09-22-08 01:15 PM
    I have a question, I have a 8830we what is the latest sofrware update for this, I have v4.2.2.196 (platform 3.0.0.84) is this the latest?
    Go to www.vzw.com/data find your phone in the dropdown list (it will ask you twice) then go to Download Software. I cant go past this point. Dang work secure on this computer.
    09-22-08 01:18 PM
    Ok let me have it!!! Whats going on?
    Have you looked at the thread by jenaywins? She could use some help.
    I asked what was going on right away but have not had a reply yet. Thanks for looking into it.
    09-22-08 01:27 PM
    I think we all have looked at the site and found it to be bogus. I would forget and move on. (my opinion)
    I am kinda lost as to why people are saying it's bogus. I stated you have to go to the site from your BB.

Others have talked about it on here before, so bogus is a no go.. It's kinda like a generic V cast site....

Yeah it's look stupid if you load it from you pc. but it works on the BB browser...

If you want me to delete my post, okay, but how are people getting confused....

Bramsy please explain further, or send me a PM please.

Thank you
    09-22-08 01:31 PM
    I am currently with Alltel nd happy with their service and the fact that they dont lock down there phones. I know that they are mergin with Verizon but i want to get a Curve and Alltel is still holding onto a 249.00 price tag plus the fact that i have a good plan which will increase by 60 bucks per month by adding the curve.
    Currently I ahve 1000 anytime mins with unlimited text and pics and nights and weekends at 7 for 115.00 after taxes on 3 phones. The 2 additional phones are my parents phones which dont need or use the text or pic feature. I inquired with them about getting the Curve and the rep said the flat plan will be 109.00 then they are going to charge me an additional 20.00 for each of the other 2 phones making the price 149.00 before taxes due to the fact that they will be adding unlimited data on the other 2 phones which are jstu standard phones. I could see waht the point of chargin me additional price for a feature the other 2 phones wont support or be using. After taxes i will roughly be looking at 160-170 per month.

Does verizon offer anythign better if i decide to swith directly to them and jsut deal with the locked down feature issue?
    09-22-08 02:04 PM
    Can any Verizon employee say unequivocally (sp?), without a doubt what unlimited data means with blackberry? I have seen two answers floating around. Is it only 5gb or is it completely unlimited?
    I was going to get you a link for this but can not remember where it was. If there was a limite you would have to engaged in prohibited uses for 10 hours a day, 7 days a week, then it could use more than 5 GBs in a month.

This is from the horses mouth... (vzw.com)
    For individual use only and not for resale. We reserve the right to protect our network from harm, which may impact legitimate data flows. We reserve the right to limit throughput or amount of data transferred, and to deny or terminate service, without notice, to anyone we believe is using an Data Plan or Feature in any manner prohibited above or whose usage adversely impacts our network or service levels. Anyone using more than 5 GB per line in a given month is presumed to be using the service in a manner prohibited above, and we reserve the right to immediately terminate the service of any such person without notice. We also reserve the right to terminate service upon expiration of Customer Agreement term.

So what I get is the data plan is "unlimited" but they have the right to shut you down if you go over 5GB
    09-22-08 02:10 PM
    I posted the "whois" data for vcast.com previously. It's a legit site, the domain name is owned by Verizon.
    09-22-08 02:10 PM
    I am currently with Alltel nd happy with their service and the fact that they dont lock down there phones. I know that they are mergin with Verizon but i want to get a Curve and Alltel is still holding onto a 249.00 price tag plus the fact that i have a good plan which will increase by 60 bucks per month by adding the curve.
    Currently I ahve 1000 anytime mins with unlimited text and pics and nights and weekends at 7 for 115.00 after taxes on 3 phones. The 2 additional phones are my parents phones which dont need or use the text or pic feature. I inquired with them about getting the Curve and the rep said the flat plan will be 109.00 then they are going to charge me an additional 20.00 for each of the other 2 phones making the price 149.00 before taxes due to the fact that they will be adding unlimited data on the other 2 phones which are jstu standard phones. I could see waht the point of chargin me additional price for a feature the other 2 phones wont support or be using. After taxes i will roughly be looking at 160-170 per month.

Does verizon offer anythign better if i decide to swith directly to them and jsut deal with the locked down feature issue?
    Ok im going to try and make this easy to understand

YOU HAVE -- WE HAVE
    1000 Min -- 1400 Min $80+9.99+9.99
    Night @7 -- Nights @9:01 Unl
    Weekends -- Weekends Unl
    Text/pix -- Text/Pix/Flix Unl $30.00
    3 lines -- 3 lines
    BB BIS -- BB Data 1 line $29.99 BIS

so your monthly for 3 lines and all that is listed would be about $160
    09-22-08 02:19 PM
    I posted the "whois" data for vcast.com previously. It's a legit site, the domain name is owned by Verizon.
    Thanks for the info and reply.... Not sure still where the others confusion is....
    09-22-08 02:25 PM
    Thank you for your help.

09-22-08 02:26 PM
    "Ok im going to try and make this easy to understand

YOU HAVE -- WE HAVE
    Weekends -- Weekends Unl
    3 lines -- 3 lines

so your monthly for 3 lines and all that is listed would be about $160"

So i guess I wont really gain anything unless i add in wahtever discoutn is offered for my palce of employment--otherwise i lose the nights at 7 and the my circle --

Thanks
    09-22-08 02:48 PM
    "Ok im going to try and make this easy to understand

YOU HAVE -- WE HAVE
    Weekends -- Weekends Unl
    3 lines -- 3 lines

so your monthly for 3 lines and all that is listed would be about $160"

So i guess I wont really gain anything unless i add in wahtever discoutn is offered for my palce of employment--otherwise i lose the nights at 7 and the my circle --

Thanks
    who needs my circle when you have unlimited vzw to vzw calling?
    09-22-08 03:10 PM
    "who needs my circle when you have unlimited vzw to vzw calling?"

Actually i dont know but 2 people that i talk to with Verizon and I rarely talk or text them. Everyone else is Alltel or Sprint.
    09-22-08 03:19 PM
    I just got a new laptop and can't find my disk to install desktop manager. I went to the bb website but there are a zillion choices. Which software do I need to download? I have the pearl 8130. Thanks!
    09-22-08 03:23 PM
    When are us loyal VZW curve owners going to get a certified copy of the 4.5 OS? Any time frame?
    09-22-08 03:39 PM
    I just got a new laptop and can't find my disk to install desktop manager. I went to the bb website but there are a zillion choices. Which software do I need to download? I have the pearl 8130. Thanks!
    BlackBerry - Desktop Software - BlackBerry Desktop Software at BlackBerry.com
    This is the link for desktop software (4.6 is the latest) You can either download with or without media manager...hope this helps
    Last edited by dionsb; 09-22-08 at 04:19 PM.
    09-22-08 04:03 PM
5,111 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD