View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 2728293031 ...
tools
    What ksat said! ^^
    12-05-08 03:17 PM
    Go to Verizonwireless.com and hover over servies, choose products and devices, choose your curve, then once you get to a picture of your phone there will be a section that says "device software" click on it and BAM it will tell you what to do
    12-05-08 04:20 PM
    Hello, I have a point of confusion about the plans offered by VZW for the BlackBerry:

Is a Voice & Email plan all that is needed in order to use all the functionality of the BlackBerry aside from using your laptop through it?

What I mean is, can I use the web browser and view websites, etc, on the phone with the V&E plan? Or am I forced to get the additional Wireless Internet Plan in order to use any web functionality on the phone itself beyond Email & messaging?

Thanks.
    Last edited by yacoub; 12-05-08 at 04:57 PM.
    12-05-08 04:51 PM
    Yes this will cover browsing as well.
    12-05-08 05:35 PM
    Wow - 48 pages of threads! Looks like this thread is indeed a success! I just hope my question hasn't been asked and answered already...

Q: I've got an 8830 and am getting quite jealous of all this talk of GPS enablement with the Pearl and Curve running OS v4.5.x. What are the chances of getting an official 4.5+ release from VZW in the near future? Or, should I give up on an official release and install to another carriers OS?

Thanks guys...you are doing this community a real service with your openess and honesty. At least, I hope it is honesty!
    I would venture to guess that since the storm is out with 4.7 and is global, I do not think 4.5 would come out for the 8830. BUt I have been known be wrong before.
    12-05-08 05:37 PM
    I would venture to guess that since the storm is out with 4.7 and is global, I do not think 4.5 would come out for the 8830. BUt I have been known be wrong before.
    This is unfortunate that such a carrier would simply abort any support for one of their better business phones like this. I hope you are wrong... I really do.

Thanks for the feedback.
    12-05-08 09:42 PM
    Can I upgrade at 10 months if I am a VIP, or do I have to wait until 12 months?
    12-05-08 10:00 PM
    You should be able to. If not 11 month definatly
    12-06-08 07:55 AM
    I currently own a Samsung u540, an I'm on a Family Plan, plus I have a 2 Year Contract with the current phone. Is it possible to switch over to a Blackberry Curve? Or do I have to wait for my current contract to run out?
    12-06-08 05:00 PM
    This is unfortunate that such a carrier would simply abort any support for one of their better business phones like this. I hope you are wrong... I really do.

Thanks for the feedback.

Again, what ksat said.

I don't consider the Storm to be a true business-oriented phone, despite its global capabilities. I know that I don't consider it to be a substitute for the 8830 (or even the Curve).

I guess we'll just have to wait and see if RIM puts out a CDMA OS update (4.5 or higher) for the 8830, although I have a feeling that's not high on its list of priorities right now. That's a shame, because it negatively affects what I thought was RIM's core group of users, at least on CDMA carriers such as Verizon.

In their efforts to expand its base and line-up of models---and ultimately sell more BBs---I hope RIM doesn't forget the business-type users who supported RIM for all these years. I think that would be a big mistake on its part, but that's just my opinion.
    12-06-08 05:40 PM
    I currently own a Samsung u540, an I'm on a Family Plan, plus I have a 2 Year Contract with the current phone. Is it possible to switch over to a Blackberry Curve? Or do I have to wait for my current contract to run out?
    If you got the phone under 30 days ago, return it. If not you will have to wait it out for your NE2 or pay full retail for it. You can always buy one on ebay, then try to sell your u540.

One other option, you can add another line to your plan, get a BB then swap the phones and just pay the extra $9.99 for 24 months or the ETF after 30 days and keep the BB.
    12-06-08 09:28 PM
    thank you!
    12-06-08 09:48 PM
    If you got the phone under 30 days ago, return it. If not you will have to wait it out for your NE2 or pay full retail for it. You can always buy one on ebay, then try to sell your u540.

One other option, you can add another line to your plan, get a BB then swap the phones and just pay the extra $9.99 for 24 months or the ETF after 30 days and keep the BB.
    I think I'll just cancel the contract and start my own account separate from my family's. The phone is under our family account, so that should work, right? If so, I'll buy my phone on Wirefly.
    12-06-08 10:51 PM
    Can I upgrade at 10 months if I am a VIP, or do I have to wait until 12 months?
    If you are on a 1 yr contract, then you can upgrade at 10 months regardless of VIP status.

If you are on a 2 yr contract and a VIP customer, then you have to wait 12 months to upgrade, but you get a $50 VIP credit on the early upgrade.
    12-06-08 11:06 PM
    I have a quick question: how can I reach the Rep by chatting online?
    12-07-08 01:59 AM
    stupid question but im running os 4.5.77 does this mean that the gps is unlocked for me? or is there another upgrade? if there is can someone post the link

thanks
    12-07-08 03:31 AM
    I think I'll just cancel the contract and start my own account separate from my family's. The phone is under our family account, so that should work, right? If so, I'll buy my phone on Wirefly.
    You'd pay the etf and you may or may not be able to keep your same number. You should be able to keep it though.
    12-07-08 01:09 PM
    You'd pay the etf and you may or may not be able to keep your same number. You should be able to keep it though.
    I'm ok with paying the ETF.
    12-07-08 01:26 PM
    is there a planned release for an update fix/patch for visual voice mail...i find it quirky/ hitchy and unreliable...version1.19.2 / see other VVM problems in these forums. thanks!
    12-07-08 02:29 PM
    Currently in a Family Share plan (2 lines).

Looking to pick up a BB Curve off the forums here, rather than extend my contract.

when it comes time to activate my Curve, is it as simple as adding the BIS web/email service as an add on, or will this screw with the current plan I have in place?
    12-07-08 03:46 PM
    I just got the 8330 last week and found these forums. Now I read about the Bold or Curve 8900 coming to VZW in January. Should I return my 8330 and wait for the newer models?
    12-07-08 04:15 PM
    Currently in a Family Share plan (2 lines).

Looking to pick up a BB Curve off the forums here, rather than extend my contract.

when it comes time to activate my Curve, is it as simple as adding the BIS web/email service as an add on, or will this screw with the current plan I have in place?
    Yes, basically data is just an add on to your current voice plan. Unless you bundle them all together.

I just got the 8330 last week and found these forums. Now I read about the Bold or Curve 8900 coming to VZW in January. Should I return my 8330 and wait for the newer models?
    I wouldn't. The curve is a great phone and there is no time table for the new curve to come out for us, and we aren't getting the bold for awhile/if ever most likely. And you would pay a 35 dollar restocking fee to return the phone.
    12-07-08 05:36 PM
    Any decent apps coming for the storm? Would luv to have alot of game apps included. Such as the fishing app that the iphone has.

Save the homily forum police. I love my BB and wouldn't change it for notta. Simply curious, thats all....
    12-07-08 06:46 PM
    There are a ton of 3rd party apps available right now, always more being developed. Verizon really doesn't have any more apps than the ones at launch i.e. vznav, vizual voicemail, rhapsody, etc.
    12-07-08 07:41 PM
    whats the point in bundling voice and data together if in the end it comes out to more? I thought bundled meant discount for having everything simplified into "all in one"
    12-08-08 07:58 AM
5,111 ... 2728293031 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD