View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 2627282930 ...
tools
    How do I convert a dvd to view on the Curve? I was told that Verizon has made it so that only certain video formats play on the 8330.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 04:33 PM
    let me guess... for a monthly fee? LOL

verizon strikes again with its limiting of capabilities and then charging people to do things their way...

then again, I dont know

but thats their tactics anyhow so I wouldnt be surprised
    12-01-08 07:35 PM
    my wife and i will be switching to BB's at the end of this month. it will be our first smart phones, and i just have a couple of questions.
    1. on the VZW website, what is the difference between the Blackberry solution unlimited data usage plan and the email and web for blackberry plan?
    2. As long as we have one of the plans in question 1 (hopefully email and web plan as it is cheaper), will we be able to use BlackBerry messenger?

Thanks.
    12-03-08 07:53 AM
    my wife and i will be switching to BB's at the end of this month. it will be our first smart phones, and i just have a couple of questions.
    1. on the VZW website, what is the difference between the Blackberry solution unlimited data usage plan and the email and web for blackberry plan?
    2. As long as we have one of the plans in question 1 (hopefully email and web plan as it is cheaper), will we be able to use BlackBerry messenger?

Thanks.
    Both of the plans are unlimited and you will be able to use the BBM. The Blackberry solution unlimited data ($45) is if you need email through a BB Exchange Server(corporate email). The email and web for smartphone($30) is if you need personal email such as pop 3 or imap (aol, gmail, yahoo).
    12-03-08 08:17 AM
    Great, thanks for the easy explanation.
    12-03-08 08:34 AM
    How do I convert a dvd to view on the Curve? I was told that Verizon has made it so that only certain video formats play on the 8330.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Try searching on Google for Blackberry Video Creator. It is free on a couple of sites. Some dvds are copy protected so you will need decrupting software. MPEG- 4 will probably play the best on the curve.
    12-03-08 08:38 AM
    I ordered my Storm at 11:30 AM on 11/21 by phone through operator 5194, and was promised overnight delivery by 11/25. Order #545903. Tens of thousands of others have ordered after me and have their device. I don't even have a tracking number. Others have cancelled their phone order and ordered on-line and have a device. I was told I could not cancel my order.

I ordered 2 other devices, a LG Voyager and Venus (3 new lines of service total). Why should I just not return all the devices and my service at this point and get a Bold, I-phone and Venus on AT&T?

Heck - even the sales rep Tara Bolton and her supervisor Sheila Dobos refuse to return my calls or the e-mail requests of other Verizon reps to contact me. Honestly - the Storm and Verizon just seem like too much of a hassle at this point.
    12-03-08 10:47 AM
    I know you talked to someone on the phone at 11:30 am but when was your actual order placed. If it was ordered at 11:30 am on 11/21 you would have shipped no later than 11/25. If you still haven't received a tracking number. It must have been actually placed after 2pm on 11/21. If that is true then your order should be shipped by Friday. When were you told you could not cancel your order ?

I don't know why no one is being up front and honest with you and setting the right expectations of when you will receive your phones. Any of the other reps should have been able to tell you when your order was placed and when is the latest your device should have shipped based on where you are located.
    12-03-08 12:15 PM
    1. I called at 11:00 pm and completed order at 11:32 pm. Card was charged some time on 11/21. Just a few minutes ago I was able to finally get Ms. Dobos on the phone who said I could not cancel the order.

2. Another user on these forums ordered at 10 am on the 21st also in the NE and he has not had a shipping number yet.

3. Still does not answer the question why soooo many thousands ordered after me on the 22,23,24th... and already have their Storms or have their Fed Ex tracking number. I have nothing.

4. Why is no one at Verizon being honest with me? That's the question I keep asking myself. I was with T-mobile for 10 years. Edge stinks, and the CS is lackluster, but they never lied to me.

I'm thinking AT&T at this point. If I'm gonna be treated like garbage I might as well save a few bucks.
    12-03-08 12:41 PM
    However, can I just buy the phone online and activate it on my number? That seems like it would work to me.

Of course I mean with the $199 promotional price.
    Can someone please answer this question for me? Remember, I am currently WITHIN a NE2. My NE2 is not 'till next March.
    12-03-08 04:37 PM
    Can someone please answer this question for me? Remember, I am currently WITHIN a NE2. My NE2 is not 'till next March.
    If you mean buy it online at the promo price when your not eligible then the answer is no...Online will not let you buy a phone at a price you are not ready for. You have to log in to your acct to order it.
    12-03-08 05:52 PM
    so i got the lg dare a little over a month and since the storm came out i wanted to switch my phone. is it still possible to switch my phone to storm with the 30 day thing? my phone has no scratches on it
    12-03-08 06:09 PM
    If it is over 30 days, You probably won't be able to. If you bought it from a store, try calling the store and asking for the original rep. If you bought it online try calling customer service. Worst case scenario they say no.
    12-03-08 06:36 PM
    1. I called at 11:00 pm and completed order at 11:32 pm. Card was charged some time on 11/21. Just a few minutes ago I was able to finally get Ms. Dobos on the phone who said I could not cancel the order.

2. Another user on these forums ordered at 10 am on the 21st also in the NE and he has not had a shipping number yet.

3. Still does not answer the question why soooo many thousands ordered after me on the 22,23,24th... and already have their Storms or have their Fed Ex tracking number. I have nothing.

4. Why is no one at Verizon being honest with me? That's the question I keep asking myself. I was with T-mobile for 10 years. Edge stinks, and the CS is lackluster, but they never lied to me.

I'm thinking AT&T at this point. If I'm gonna be treated like garbage I might as well save a few bucks.
    It's really going to be based on when payment was taken for your order.
    If payment was placed before 2pm your local time in the NE then it should have shipped no later than 11/25. After 2pm same through the end of day will ship no later than 12/5. Different areas of the country have their own warehouse that they are shipping from, so techinically thousands in other areas could have received their storm even if they order after you. I've also heard of people receiving their storms without getting a tracking number. Unforuantely, you can't cancel the order once it's been placed. You can refuse the package when they try to deliever it. That gives you that oppurunity to AT&T it up, but I doubt it will save you a few bucks.
    12-04-08 09:44 AM
    with Blackberry Storm the policy still the same ? after 31 days if i cancel service i pay $175 ETF and keep the phone right? or is it any differnet ? i got my phones thru best buy and cant recall signing any thing which says they will have a differnet cancellation policy.. but some where i heard u cant cancel your service for 4 months !? if u get Blackberry storm with new service... is that true?
    Last edited by ansabakhan; 12-04-08 at 02:22 PM.
    12-04-08 02:14 PM
    With all the hype with the new BB Storm release im sure you have been getting this type of question alot: I ordered my Storm a week or two ago when the orders were still going to ship by 12/08, I was wondering how long it would take to arrive after being shipped out on the 8th and if it is definitely going to ship by the 8th. Thanks!
    12-04-08 03:45 PM
    with Blackberry Storm the policy still the same ? after 31 days if i cancel service i pay $175 ETF and keep the phone right? or is it any differnet ? i got my phones thru best buy and cant recall signing any thing which says they will have a differnet cancellation policy.. but some where i heard u cant cancel your service for 4 months !? if u get Blackberry storm with new service... is that true?
    The policy for the Storm is the same as other phones, but it's a 30 day worry free guarantee, not 31.
    12-04-08 05:02 PM

Do you know if the Storm and the other phones were ordered with on the same ticket/order number? We were advised in my region to make sure to order the Storm and Storm accessorieson a separate ticket from other phones because it would cause a problem with shipping.

I don't know if that is what happened, but it could be a possibility.
    12-04-08 05:11 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you cancel after 30 days you have to pay the cancellation fee, if you cancel before the 30 days you msut return the equitment in order to get the early termination fee waived. Why would you want to cancel and just have the phone??
    12-04-08 05:12 PM
    If you cancel after 30 days you have to pay the cancellation fee, if you cancel before the 30 days you msut return the equitment in order to get the early termination fee waived. Why would you want to cancel and just have the phone??

yes basically i got this phone for my bro-n-law and already gave it to him as a gift he is using the Storm on his phone line.. i have the line active which i got with this Strom 10 days back... i just have it on my old LG phone .. i need the phone but no use for the line ... after 30 days can i just pay $175 cancel the line and keep the phone ?
    Last edited by ansabakhan; 12-04-08 at 07:03 PM.
    12-04-08 06:47 PM
    niiiice. guess we win!
    Last edited by MysticMoonstone; 12-04-08 at 10:09 PM.
    12-04-08 07:54 PM
    FYI for curves so far, gps for bbmaps are working...
    12-04-08 08:29 PM
    yes basically i got this phone for my bro-n-law and already gave it to him as a gift he is using the Storm on his phone line.. i have the line active which i got with this Strom 10 days back... i just have it on my old LG phone .. i need the phone but no use for the line ... after 30 days can i just pay $175 cancel the line and keep the phone ?
    Yes, you can do that. Just keep in mind you have to pay the early termination fee plus the fees for the month of service and the activation fee. Also, you probably won't get the mail-in-rebate if the line is cancelled if the rebate is even an option for you.

It probably would have been less work if you had just paid full retail price for the phone.

$250 + 175 (ETF) + 25 (activation fee, assuming it's a secondary line) + 29.99 (for data pkg) + 9.99 (for montly access on a calling plan) + taxes = over $500.

I think the full-retail on a Storm is 499.99....seems silly to me to go through all of that to probably spend more money than you had to
    12-04-08 10:17 PM
    I agree with JDnLou all of those extra expenses are pointless when you could have bought the phone full retail.
    12-05-08 08:24 AM
    Wow - 48 pages of threads! Looks like this thread is indeed a success! I just hope my question hasn't been asked and answered already...

Q: I've got an 8830 and am getting quite jealous of all this talk of GPS enablement with the Pearl and Curve running OS v4.5.x. What are the chances of getting an official 4.5+ release from VZW in the near future? Or, should I give up on an official release and install to another carriers OS?

Thanks guys...you are doing this community a real service with your openess and honesty. At least, I hope it is honesty!
    12-05-08 11:48 AM
5,111 ... 2627282930 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD