View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 2526272829 ...
tools
    I currently have AMERICA'S CHOICE II FAMILYSHR PRI 500 ANY UNL N&W/IN CALL $50.00 with one additional line, that expires on 12/09 of this year. I'm planning on upgrading the primary to a BB Storm. I've been NE2 eligible since August of this year for my current Razr.

Here's one question: Is there any benefit in waiting until I'm on a "month-to-month" basis to upgrade?

Here's another q: If I do wait untill after the expiration date, will I still be able to upgrade the phone, add a data plan and keep my current America's choice plan?

Thanks for your help!
    11-26-08 09:58 AM
    I currently have AMERICA'S CHOICE II FAMILYSHR PRI 500 ANY UNL N&W/IN CALL $50.00 with one additional line, that expires on 12/09 of this year. I'm planning on upgrading the primary to a BB Storm. I've been NE2 eligible since August of this year for my current Razr.

Here's one question: Is there any benefit in waiting until I'm on a "month-to-month" basis to upgrade?

Here's another q: If I do wait untill after the expiration date, will I still be able to upgrade the phone, add a data plan and keep my current America's choice plan?

Thanks for your help!
    You'll need to be on a Nationwide Plan with your BlackBerry.

Waiting to go month to month will not benefit you. Either way you will still be able to use your NE2.
    11-26-08 10:10 AM
    [QUOTE=chrisy520;1051971]You'll need to be on a Nationwide Plan with your BlackBerry.

With the Nationwide Plan:

450 mins
    unlimited email/internet
    unlimited text

= $99.99 / month

correct?

11-26-08 06:55 PM
    I have a question, how come they just moved up the ship date again to 12/11? I Ordered mine on the 22nd and they told me to expect it on 12/15....i tried to order it on the internet friday 3 am and the website kept kicking me back to the sign in page,thus i didnt get one ordered until 13:54 pm on saturday. Nonetheless my complaint list is a year long and frankly i dont have the energy any more to argue about it plus in the last couple of days verizon has been treating me pretty good. My account balance is 0 now and my wifes heavily-discounted venus is on its way,so she will be happy! Meanwhile i too am anxious to get my storm but im not God and its out of my control. I'll be a pro user by time i get it(from reading the manuals @bb and the forums)and by then it should have all the glitches out and new OS in. Still can't wait!
    11-27-08 02:15 AM
    I recently ordered a storm from my local verizon store and I had to have it shipped to me bcuz obviously they were sold out. I was an At&T IPhone customer and i cancled just to get a storm so needlessly to say Im very antzy and I was just wondering if its really true that verizon workers have no idea whats going on and there is no real way to tell when ill be getting mine
    11-28-08 05:44 PM
    A friend of mine (Pete) just got the new BB Storm. He got it on an upgrade/contract extension and had it activated a few days ago. Pete doesn't like the phone and wants to use his old one instead. His brother in law wants the Storm but can't find it anywhere. Can Pete give it to him and have him reactivate it under his account? Will that change the original terms to Pete's contract or to the price he paid? Hope that makes sense and thanks in advance for your advice!
    11-28-08 07:31 PM
    When will the BB storm get a firmware update? And what will it fix?
    11-28-08 07:36 PM
    How much does it cost to use the phone to modem service from verizon can someone message me with all the details thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 07:56 PM
    I received an email and work that advised that there is supposed to be a new software upgrade in early December for the Storm. No specific date and the email didn't say what the upgrade would fix.
    11-28-08 11:26 PM
    Hi:
    I've been with Verizon for almost 3 months and I don't like it, I really miss AT&T and want to go back. Since it's been only 3 months, are there any options for me other than paying the ETF? Am I stuck with Verizon for 2 years? Please help! Thanks
    J

11-28-08 11:49 PM
    I currently have the 8830 with verizon and I am looking to buy the storm. Can you send/recieve picture messages with the storm without having to email them?
    11-29-08 09:13 AM
    Yes you can send mms with the storm

11-29-08 09:20 AM
    After 3 months and 2 year contract I doubt it. Etf is the option sorry. What don't you like abot the service? Maybe we can help.

11-29-08 09:22 AM
    Keep your eyes open around the 8th of december. Pending no problems in testing. Should be around then

11-29-08 09:24 AM
    I just wanted to pass on a public thanks to Michael & Susan @ my vzw kiosk @ BJ's in Abingdon, Md. They go above and beyond to make sure everyone that comes to them gets what they need and has their questions answered. I have been a vzw customer forever and feel like most all the folks I have delt with follow those ideals. Got my curve there a few months ago and just ordered my wifes Storm. Thanks to all the vzw employees and keep it up!
    11-29-08 10:16 AM
    for all of you who have more vee zee dub questions. i also work for the company and some of your questions can also be directed to me. i also follow the same policies as stated at the beggining of this thread.
    11-29-08 10:00 PM
    I have a question, how come they just moved up the ship date again to 12/11? I Ordered mine on the 22nd and they told me to expect it on 12/15....i tried to order it on the internet friday 3 am and the website kept kicking me back to the sign in page,thus i didnt get one ordered until 13:54 pm on saturday. Nonetheless my complaint list is a year long and frankly i dont have the energy any more to argue about it plus in the last couple of days verizon has been treating me pretty good. My account balance is 0 now and my wifes heavily-discounted venus is on its way,so she will be happy! Meanwhile i too am anxious to get my storm but im not God and its out of my control. I'll be a pro user by time i get it(from reading the manuals @bb and the forums)and by then it should have all the glitches out and new OS in. Still can't wait!
    you should have your phone before 12/5/08 if it went thru on sat. The shipping is by the order placement, first ordered, first shipped.

I just wanted to pass on a public thanks to Michael & Susan @ my vzw kiosk @ BJ's in Abingdon, Md. They go above and beyond to make sure everyone that comes to them gets what they need and has their questions answered. I have been a vzw customer forever and feel like most all the folks I have delt with follow those ideals. Got my curve there a few months ago and just ordered my wifes Storm. Thanks to all the vzw employees and keep it up!
    Yesterday 10:24 AM
    Thanks!

I recently ordered a storm from my local verizon store and I had to have it shipped to me bcuz obviously they were sold out. I was an At&T IPhone customer and i cancled just to get a storm so needlessly to say Im very antzy and I was just wondering if its really true that verizon workers have no idea whats going on and there is no real way to tell when ill be getting mine
    No, we know when you should have your phone, call and ask.

A friend of mine (Pete) just got the new BB Storm. He got it on an upgrade/contract extension and had it activated a few days ago. Pete doesn't like the phone and wants to use his old one instead. His brother in law wants the Storm but can't find it anywhere. Can Pete give it to him and have him reactivate it under his account? Will that change the original terms to Pete's contract or to the price he paid? Hope that makes sense and thanks in advance for your advice!
    Yes he can. Once you agree to the terms and conditions the phone is yours to do with as you wish. Your original friend will still have a 2 yr contract with VZW, while the 2nd friend will have his current one.

firmware, probably not, software: DEFINATELY

Hi:
    I've been with Verizon for almost 3 months and I don't like it, I really miss AT&T and want to go back. Since it's been only 3 months, are there any options for me other than paying the ETF? Am I stuck with Verizon for 2 years? Please help! Thanks
    J
    you have a contract with VZW, if you want out, you will have an ETF (early termination fee) if you leave before your contract is up. VZW won't make you stay, the ETF is there to cover the subsidy on the phone you bought.
    11-30-08 04:54 AM
    Why can I not extend my contract two years on that $199 price? Why must I pay $500 outright for the phone? I think this is downright silly whether my new every two is next March or not. I don't think I even paid for my chocolate 2 and now I'm about to buy a $200 phone and upgrade my plan and your telling me I have to pay the retail price of the phone? I get no discount whatsoever for being a loyal customer? Please someone clear this up for me.
    11-30-08 10:52 AM
    I've been a satisfied VZW customer for about 2.5 years. I added a Blackberry to my family plan last January. The Verizon rep (I activated via phone) didn't bother to ask what sort of data usage I would incur, and signed me up for the BES service. It wasn't until YESTERDAY that I learned the average person pays $29.99 for unlimited data.

I don't own a business; don't ever send files over the BB. Occasionally I will Web-surf (only VERY occasionally), and I email a few times a day. That's it. Yet for the past 11 months I've been paying $15 more than necessary.

A supervisor this morning agreed to refund me for two months of the BES overcharge. I guess it's better than nothing, but needless to say I'm pretty miffed. It seems to me a rep should be more inquisitive while assisting in the activation process. It's possible I told her that I travel frequently and am self-employed, but I NEVER said I would send docs, since I never do that.

Anyway, is it company policy to go back only two months when refunding these services? Ugh, it's making me more and more mad the more I think about it.
    11-30-08 11:23 AM
    Leftcoaster:

I got my 8830 last January also. If I recall, the $29 bis plan had just recently started. There were a few threads about it around that time where a number of people got the BES plan but did not require it. I believe Verizon reps were not well informed of the new cheaper NON-corporate option.

One verizon rep even posted here the CODE to tell reps so that they could find the option.

It does not seem fair that you paid extra all those months but that may be their policy. You might call or go to a store and see if they can do better.

When I purchased mine, there was the discount, corp discount and a supposed REBATE. When my rebate was rejected I went to the store and firmly but politely indicated that I was assured that the $100 rebate also applied. I was told it could not be combined with the other discounts. I showed them the rebate form and they said it should not have been printed. END RESULT, while they could not adjust the rebate they did give me a $100 credit on future building - equaling the rebate. Maybe they can do something similar for you - can't resolve OLD billing but still create a credit for future charges???

Good luck
    11-30-08 11:52 AM
    Last Jan there was no 29.99 plan. These plans came out maybe like 6 maybe 8 month I ago I believe. Give you hint, did they offer 2 month and you accepted this? GO back and take the Negotiation 101 Most likely too late now as the credit has been issued.

Keep in mind thatplans and features all the time. Not a bad idea to check Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, Cell Phone Accessories - Verizon Wireless from time to time to see if there are any changes to benefit you. it is YOUR responsibility to watch your bill and account.

With that said 2 month is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick
    Last edited by lastraid; 11-30-08 at 12:56 PM.
    11-30-08 11:52 AM
    Why can I not extend my contract two years on that $199 price? Why must I pay $500 outright for the phone? I think this is downright silly whether my new every two is next March or not. I don't think I even paid for my chocolate 2 and now I'm about to buy a $200 phone and upgrade my plan and your telling me I have to pay the retail price of the phone? I get no discount whatsoever for being a loyal customer? Please someone clear this up for me.
    because if everyone got an every 2 date earlier than scheduled, you would not officially be paying off the discount you received on the first phone you had. U do that a lot and before u know it, people will be having more phone than what their contracts use to pay them up... its understandable

Although they do make some exceptions based on their benefit. But hey, thats totally reasonable. See, sometimes I can defend verizon! LOL
    11-30-08 12:05 PM
    because if everyone got an every 2 date earlier than scheduled, you would not officially be paying off the discount you received on the first phone you had. U do that a lot and before u know it, people will be having more phone than what their contracts use to pay them up... its understandable

Although they do make some exceptions based on their benefit. But hey, thats totally reasonable. See, sometimes I can defend verizon! LOL
    Understandable. However, can I just buy the phone online and activate it on my number? That seems like it would work to me.

Of course I mean with the $199 promotional price.
    11-30-08 07:31 PM
    Does VZW hire part time sales reps? I wanted a 2nd job and was interested... can you help me out. thanks in advance.
    11-30-08 11:06 PM
    I've been a satisfied VZW customer for about 2.5 years. I added a Blackberry to my family plan last January. The Verizon rep (I activated via phone) didn't bother to ask what sort of data usage I would incur, and signed me up for the BES service. It wasn't until YESTERDAY that I learned the average person pays $29.99 for unlimited data.

I don't own a business; don't ever send files over the BB. Occasionally I will Web-surf (only VERY occasionally), and I email a few times a day. That's it. Yet for the past 11 months I've been paying $15 more than necessary.

A supervisor this morning agreed to refund me for two months of the BES overcharge. I guess it's better than nothing, but needless to say I'm pretty miffed. It seems to me a rep should be more inquisitive while assisting in the activation process. It's possible I told her that I travel frequently and am self-employed, but I NEVER said I would send docs, since I never do that.

Anyway, is it company policy to go back only two months when refunding these services? Ugh, it's making me more and more mad the more I think about it.
    Most people only get a credit for the last month.

Didn't you do any research before getting your BB? It's your responsibility to do your research and to know your options or at least ask questions to find out your options.
    12-01-08 12:07 AM
5,111 ... 2526272829 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD