View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 09:42 AM
5,111 ... 2223242526 ...
tools
    Earlier it was told that the GPS will be crippled "like it is with all other vzw gps devices"

Does this mean that the GPS will NOT work with google maps?
    11-19-08 11:59 AM
    I've been a VZ customer for many years even before they were VZ and have been very pleased (with a few interactions with a bad apple here or there) with my service.

My question - I have a Pearl 8130 that is just about a year old and the trackball stopped clicking recently for no apparent reason. I did the clean-with-compressed-air trick, purchased a new trackball assembly to no avail. Would this be something covered under warranty by chance? While I can still operate the device using the roller function of the ball and utilizing the enter button - it's still inconvienant.

Any input is appreciated and thanks to you VZ reps who are providing all of this info!

Matt
    11-19-08 01:06 PM
    Do all of the phones really need unlimited calling? Some people just like to have that safe warm fuzzy feeling, but if any of the lines are using less than 1,000 minutes a month, you can save a lot of money.

Actually between the 3 lines we use approximately 13000 anytime minutes per MONTH!! YES that's 13000!!! so yes lol we use our unlimited & then some lol. One of the berries by itself (ok MY berry lol) utilizes around 6500 anytime. I work from home & am on the phone ALOT. Plus most of our family & friends are NOT on VZW yet. (we have Aunts & Uncles who are moving other from other carriers in DEC/Jan that we talk to quite frequently so I will re-evaluate that again then to see how our usage changes. Thanks for the suggestion though!!!
    11-19-08 04:08 PM
    Actually between the 3 lines we use approximately 13000 anytime minutes per MONTH!! YES that's 13000!!! so yes lol we use our unlimited & then some lol. One of the berries by itself (ok MY berry lol) utilizes around 6500 anytime. I work from home & am on the phone ALOT. Plus most of our family & friends are NOT on VZW yet. (we have Aunts & Uncles who are moving other from other carriers in DEC/Jan that we talk to quite frequently so I will re-evaluate that again then to see how our usage changes. Thanks for the suggestion though!!!
    All I can say is wow, that's a lot of damn talking. How are you not hoarse?
    11-19-08 04:14 PM
    All I can say is wow, that's a lot of damn talking. How are you not hoarse?
    Let's just say I drink ALOT of Lemon & Honey Tea!!!!!
    11-19-08 04:47 PM
    I've been a VZ customer for many years even before they were VZ and have been very pleased (with a few interactions with a bad apple here or there) with my service.

My question - I have a Pearl 8130 that is just about a year old and the trackball stopped clicking recently for no apparent reason. I did the clean-with-compressed-air trick, purchased a new trackball assembly to no avail. Would this be something covered under warranty by chance? While I can still operate the device using the roller function of the ball and utilizing the enter button - it's still inconvienant.

Any input is appreciated and thanks to you VZ reps who are providing all of this info!

Matt
    If there is physical or liquid damage and the device is 1 yr or less or you have insusrance the 5.99 per month which extends the MFG warr for 1 year, you can most likely get it replaced.
    11-19-08 10:45 PM
    so ok i have a question maybe a stupid one but eh... so i need to get a replacement ( my poor thing is dieing and my track ball fell out ) i started my plan with an LG VX 8550 and then got my pearl. i have the insurance, but sense i didnt start my plan with my pearl will my insurance still cover my pearl?????
    11-20-08 05:19 AM
    Damn, and I thought my wile talked alot.
    11-20-08 08:08 AM
    If there is physical or liquid damage and the device is 1 yr or less or you have insusrance the 5.99 per month which extends the MFG warr for 1 year, you can most likely get it replaced.
    Thanks Lastraid - I looked at my receipt and I purchased the device on 2/1/08. No water damage (the moisture indicator sticker is still white) and no physical damage other than normal wear and tear - it's just no click on the trackball. Otherwise the device works flawlessly. Should I go directly to one of the stores or try to do this with customer service on the phone?

Thanks again for the input.
    11-20-08 11:10 AM
    No. Call vzw tech. Stores cannot replace them. 80092202040 opt 3.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-08 12:27 PM
    Sorry that's 800 922 0204 opt 3

11-20-08 12:28 PM
    So im trying to dl vlingo but i get this stupied message..
    i even get it sometimes when i just want to go to like google or something, what does it mean?

"your device does not currently have any browser configuration serivce book enteries.
    please contact your service provider to enable the browser on your device. "

help
    11-20-08 04:05 PM
    Sorry that's 800 922 0204 opt 3

Thanks a ton lastraid!

Calling now!
    11-20-08 04:14 PM
    Question needing answer ASAP.
    My name isn't on my account.
    It's under my father's. We have a share plan.
    My line is the primary line (gets the NE2), but my father's line is the one that is needed to be used to login to vzw.com to make changes and stuff.. kinda complicated.

I'm planning on going into the store tomorrow to get a storm for MY line using my father's 2 year discount (alternate upgrade).
    Do I need him there? Can I just do it?
    If I need to be the account holder, is it possible to just add my name by calling vzw or something?
    11-20-08 04:16 PM
    so ok i have a question maybe a stupid one but eh... so i need to get a replacement ( my poor thing is dieing and my track ball fell out ) i started my plan with an LG VX 8550 and then got my pearl. i have the insurance, but sense i didnt start my plan with my pearl will my insurance still cover my pearl?????
    As long as the Pearl was activated and used, and now doesn't work, yes it will be covered. Call Asurion, 888-881-2622
    11-20-08 04:25 PM
    Question needing answer ASAP.
    My name isn't on my account.
    It's under my father's. We have a share plan.
    My line is the primary line (gets the NE2), but my father's line is the one that is needed to be used to login to vzw.com to make changes and stuff.. kinda complicated.

I'm planning on going into the store tomorrow to get a storm for MY line using my father's 2 year discount (alternate upgrade).
    Do I need him there? Can I just do it?
    If I need to be the account holder, is it possible to just add my name by calling vzw or something?
    If you are not an account manager, you will need the account owner there. The only way to be added as an account manager, is to have your father call in and add you and setup a password. Make sure if he does that, that you remember the password, or you will not be able to access the account.
    11-20-08 04:26 PM
    If you are not an account manager, you will need the account owner there. The only way to be added as an account manager, is to have your father call in and add you and setup a password. Make sure if he does that, that you remember the password, or you will not be able to access the account.
    Excellent.
    So if i have him call today right now, and set me up as an account manager everything is peachy.
    excellent!
    Thanks!
    11-20-08 04:29 PM
    Just had my dad add him through the Live chat service.
    thanks again
    11-20-08 04:49 PM
    So im trying to dl vlingo but i get this stupied message..
    i even get it sometimes when i just want to go to like google or something, what does it mean?

"your device does not currently have any browser configuration serivce book enteries.
    please contact your service provider to enable the browser on your device. "

help

I've had this happen a few times to me, yesterday being one of them. You're going to want to go into your Options application, & then into Advanced Options. From there, select Host Routing Table. Hit your BB button & select the option Register Now. You should get an email confirmation almost immediately telling you your device has been registered with the network. Then, a quick battery pull should be all you need!

11-21-08 07:55 AM
    I went to order the Storm through VZW website and I am eligibile for NE2 but the discount does not show up. It just gives me the price for 250 before rebate and my data plan. Does it not apply with the Storm?
    11-21-08 10:27 AM
    I went to order the Storm through VZW website and I am eligibile for NE2 but the discount does not show up. It just gives me the price for 250 before rebate and my data plan. Does it not apply with the Storm?
    Are you logged into your myverizon account? And then did you select upgrade my phone? (Yes, I may have sprint, but just watched a buddy of mine upgrade his phone last week)

11-21-08 10:33 AM
    Yeah I hit upgrade and Im logged in.
    11-21-08 10:40 AM
    You're sure your eligible for your NE2 and you haven't just gotten one of the early upgrade flyers in the mail? On your NE2 countdown on myverizon, it says you're eligible, right?

11-21-08 11:03 AM
    Yep Im positive. I actually have two people eligible on my family plan. Im going to try the other number thats eligible just to see.
    11-21-08 12:20 PM
    With all the recent posts about NE2 and discounted pricing, I thought I'd see what I was eligible for. Here's what I see when I log in to my.vzw:
    Eligible to upgrade with discounted pricing on 7/28/09. Eligible for New Every Two discount on 1/04/10. If you prefer, you can upgrade today at full retail price.Your contract end date is 11/26/09
    I bought my current BB agreed to a 2-year contract on 11/27/08... so the contract end date makes sense to me, but the other two dates don't. Shouldn't the discounted pricing be that purchase date + 1 year, and the NE2 date be that + 2 years?
    11-21-08 01:21 PM
5,111 ... 2223242526 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD