View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 2122232425 ...
tools
    I plan to upgrade to the Storm friday. My question is: will it cost to have the visual voicemail on the Storm
    As far as I know yes it will.
    11-18-08 08:18 PM
    I am a current VZW customer with a Voyager.

2 questions :

Will I be able to transfer my contacts from the Voyager to the Storm?

If so, how do I do it?
    Yes you can have them xferd by the store.
    11-18-08 08:19 PM
    Someone on Howard Forums has repeatedly posted that there is an option of a one time fee of $35.00 for lifetime Visual Voicemail. Is this true?
    11-18-08 09:17 PM
    Someone on Howard Forums has repeatedly posted that there is an option of a one time fee of $35.00 for lifetime Visual Voicemail. Is this true?
    I have not seen anyhting about this options for VVM yet. Might be in the works, but until I see ofical notification about this, I would have to say no.
    11-18-08 09:20 PM
    Question about Fedex shipping of the Storm. What options does Verizon offer. I spoke to CS and they said there is a same day(Friday) and next day option for Saturday. I've never heard of same day delivery. Is this true and what are the prices?
    11-18-08 10:02 PM
    if ordered pre 2pm wherever the rep is, you can get next day air, $20 sat delivery.
    You get free 2 day ground.
    11-18-08 10:14 PM
    I plan to upgrade to the Storm friday. My question is: will it cost to have the visual voicemail on the Storm
    Visual Voicemail is $2.99/monthly. Thats it.
    11-18-08 11:24 PM
    Question about Fedex shipping of the Storm. What options does Verizon offer. I spoke to CS and they said there is a same day(Friday) and next day option for Saturday. I've never heard of same day delivery. Is this true and what are the prices?
    Same day shipping--NO
    Saturday delivery--is less than $10
    Standard delivery (2 day shipping)--free. If its ordered Friday you would get it monday (no later than tues)
    11-18-08 11:26 PM
    First of all, I'm sorry for the quick post and stupid questions. A real noob here just trying to cut down on the nightly 3 hour search for answers about the 8830 (Verison). I read 416 post in the beta 4.5 forum before I came to this page. I have made 2 costly mistakes lately... Vista and Verizon 8830. I have downloaded 8830uAMEA_PBr4.5.0_rel101_PL3.2.0.51_A4.5.0.77.exe and ran the program. I run the Blackberry Desktop Manager 4.6 then connect the phone. The system sync's with the address book. Then Windows detects a problem with the program. If the sync is canceled, the program runs ok. The os 4.5 will not load. I am trying to update the os so that I can use your video program to "fix" the volume issues with the 8830. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    11-18-08 11:29 PM
    This forum is really great!! Want to thank the VZW reps in advance for staffing it & helping us out.
    Here's the skinny we have 4 lines on 2 separate accounts. 2 are curves (including mine) & 1 wireless card & 1 motorola flip. Our accounts are actually quite new to VZW (I believe we opened them in April) but we SPEND over $550/month between the 4 lines!!!

I want a Storm to replace my curve. Is there ANYWAY you can think of where I might be able to get it without paying $500 plus? We would of course be willing to extend the 2 year agreement. Should I try calling telesales to see what they say? If I try to upgrade online it says I cannot be helped & to call customer service. (anybody know what this means-account IS current so that is NOT the problem)

Thanks,
    11-18-08 11:58 PM
    if you are spending $550 between the lines you are paying too much. call in and get a price plan analysis.

You should be paying no more than $350 with the aircard and thats with unl txt and 2 berries.

As far as the phones go, anything is possible with the right attitude and rep. Call in and ask nicely what can be done. We like to help people!
    11-19-08 12:07 AM
    Same day shipping--NO
    Saturday delivery--is less than $10
    Standard delivery (2 day shipping)--free. If its ordered Friday you would get it monday (no later than tues)
    not entirely true

ordered friday and shipped friday are 2 different things. if it ships friday, you'd probably have it tuesday

if it is ordered too late in the day, then it wouldnt ship until monday, then yer lookin at wednesday
    11-19-08 12:30 AM
    Well I'm about to give up. I can't get the same answer between telesales, CS or in the store.

I just completed a 2yr family share contract that cost $60 for 700 minutes for my line + 4 other lines at 9.99 each.
    I planned on reupping with the new family share $69.99 (2 lines) + the other three which is basically the same.
    I planned on upgrading my phone to a Storm on Friday.

I know that NE2 will be a credit of $50. So I figure $249-$50MIR-$50 NE2 = $149 right? Well, the $249-$50=$199 price is if you sign up for a 2-yr contract on the National E-mail plan (see the add at VZW.com) This plan starts at $79.99 for 450 minutes. So I can't get anyone to tell me what I'll be paying if I want to upgrade to the Storm! $79.99 + $29.99 (bis)+ 4 lines at $9.99???

How does a family share plan work with a BB?
    Anyone want to take a shot at this?

Thanks
    11-19-08 12:33 AM
    Well I'm about to give up. I can't get the same answer between telesales, CS or in the store.

I just completed a 2yr family share contract that cost $60 for 700 minutes for my line + 4 other lines at 9.99 each.
    I planned on reupping with the new family share $69.99 (2 lines) + the other three which is basically the same.
    I planned on upgrading my phone to a Storm on Friday.

I know that NE2 will be a credit of $50. So I figure $249-$50MIR-$50 NE2 = $149 right? Well, the $249-$50=$199 price is if you sign up for a 2-yr contract on the National E-mail plan (see the add at VZW.com) This plan starts at $79.99 for 450 minutes. So I can't get anyone to tell me what I'll be paying if I want to upgrade to the Storm! $79.99 + $29.99 (bis)+ 4 lines at $9.99???

How does a family share plan work with a BB?
    Anyone want to take a shot at this?

Thanks
    listen

all you need to do is upgrade your line (250-50 NE2-50MIR = 149+tax for the phone)

and add the email & web to your line only (29.99 additional)

so the long and short of it is, add 30$ to your bill and you'll get yer new bill.
    11-19-08 12:46 AM
    Thanks nslasha. That's how simple I thought it should be. You wouldn't believe the variety of reponses I've received! Thanks for responding.
    11-19-08 12:50 AM
    Thanks nslasha. That's how simple I thought it should be. You wouldn't believe the variety of reponses I've received! Thanks for responding.
    actually i do believe it.

working for the company and hearing some of the stuff other reps say is like..
    11-19-08 12:56 AM
    if you are spending $550 between the lines you are paying too much. call in and get a price plan analysis.

You should be paying no more than $350 with the aircard and thats with unl txt and 2 berries.

As far as the phones go, anything is possible with the right attitude and rep. Call in and ask nicely what can be done. We like to help people!
    I agree we are paying way too much but I am pretty billing savvy having worked for a VZW competitor some years ago & I cannot figure out why our bills are as high between the 4 lines as they are. We have 2 berries, 1 motorola, & 1 aircard all on unlimited plans (both voice & text) (except the aircard as we know its 5GB) plus tethering.

I doublechecked each account & the current amount due between the 2 of them is $537.00!!! Right now as we speak this is how our accounts are set up..

Account #1 is 1 Berry at 149.99 + 1 Aircard at 59.99
    Account # 2 is a Family Share plan the Primary is the motorola at 129.99 & the berry is 99.99 plus 29.99 for the data service.
    Simple math on those 149.99 + 59.99+ 129.99+99.99= 439.96!!!! That's almost a $100.00 over that we are paying somewhere that I cannot figure out where & its been this way since our first bill! I expected vzw to be higher than everyone else (EXCEPT AT&T who overbilled us by 1700 in less than 4 months!!!) but this is beyond comprehension.

I will call Cust. Care in the morning & see if I can get someone who will go over this with me & at the same time help me with the storm upgrade. The line I want to upgrade on is the primary & other than this billing issue (just can't seem to figure it out ) we really have had nothing but an awesome time with VZW & will be loyal customers for years to come.

Thanks Again,
    Last edited by CrackisWackBerryisNOT; 11-19-08 at 01:33 AM.
    11-19-08 01:11 AM
    I really don't need data but would like to use the curve as a pda and cell phone. I am working under the assumption that the requirement for the 29.99 data plan only applies to those devices released after 11.15.08. Is this correct? If so, how do I get the verizon rep to do this?
    Last edited by donjuanit0; 11-19-08 at 06:53 AM.
    11-19-08 06:51 AM
    Anyone have an answer on this?

What I want to know is, if I buy a Storm, without a contract from Verizon, can I use any sim, without some type of unlocking method, like on normal GSM phones?
    11-19-08 08:35 AM
    I really don't need data but would like to use the curve as a pda and cell phone. I am working under the assumption that the requirement for the 29.99 data plan only applies to those devices released after 11.15.08. Is this correct? If so, how do I get the verizon rep to do this?
    _ALL_ Blackberry's release before or after 11/15 require a data package. You may be able to get away with the $24.99 10MB plan for the Blackberry. Why would you want a Blackberry without data though? That's like driving a car without wheels.
    11-19-08 08:35 AM
    Anyone have an answer on this?
    If you:
    Purchased device at promotional or full retail price
    Currently under contract or contract term satisfied
    In good standing for at least 60 days
    No line number restrictions

Then yes, you can have the phone unlocked.
    11-19-08 08:38 AM
    .... LOTS OF INFO .....

I doublechecked each account & the current amount due between the 2 of them is $537.00!!! Right now as we speak this is how our accounts are set up..
    Do all of the phones really need unlimited calling? Some people just like to have that safe warm fuzzy feeling, but if any of the lines are using less than 1,000 minutes a month, you can save a lot of money.
    11-19-08 08:45 AM
    _ALL_ Blackberry's release before or after 11/15 require a data package. You may be able to get away with the $24.99 10MB plan for the Blackberry. Why would you want a Blackberry without data though? That's like driving a car without wheels.
    Thanks for the quick reply. I just want it for the qwerty, the calendars, etc. I have read previous threads that support the AFTER 11/15 claim that only the phones released after that date require the data plan.

As for the 10mb plan, I'd rather pay an extra $5 and rest assured that I will not go over the limit and end up with a huge bill.

Thanks again.
    11-19-08 10:36 AM
    listen

all you need to do is upgrade your line (250-50 NE2-50MIR = 149+tax for the phone)

and add the email & web to your line only (29.99 additional)

so the long and short of it is, add 30$ to your bill and you'll get yer new bill.
    just remember that the 29.99 feature will be pro-rated for the current bill cycle and billed one month in advance. So the first bill with the 29.99 data pkg will be higher than normal.
    11-19-08 10:47 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply. I just want it for the qwerty, the calendars, etc. I have read previous threads that support the AFTER 11/15 claim that only the phones released after that date require the data plan.

As for the 10mb plan, I'd rather pay an extra $5 and rest assured that I will not go over the limit and end up with a huge bill.

Thanks again.
    Yeah, sorry. The 11/15 claim is for other PDA/Smartphones. Before that date, you could do a pay as you use kb feature, which is $0.015 per kb, but with Blackberry's, you never had that choice. A data feature is mandatory with Blackberry's.
    11-19-08 10:48 AM
5,111 ... 2122232425 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD