View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 2021222324 ...
tools
    I currently have the Curve. I want the Bold. If I buy an unlocked Bold, can I still use Verizon as my carrier which I have had since they were Bell?
    11-17-08 07:15 AM
    I currently have the Curve. I want the Bold. If I buy an unlocked Bold, can I still use Verizon as my carrier which I have had since they were Bell?
    I can answer this one for ya. Sorry The Bold uses a completely different technology on AT&T it is GSM. Verizon is CDMA. It will not work. Get a storm or wait till spring, I bet the new Curve 8900 will be out by then.
    11-17-08 08:21 AM
    Does verizon offer a all blackberry family share plan? I have three lines and they are all going to be blackberry's, do I have to pay the $30 for each line?
    11-17-08 08:34 AM
    When is Verizon going to announce the retail price of the Storm?
    11-17-08 09:56 AM
    Yeah, I got my "Pre-Holiday Sale" postcard saying I could get the phone with my NE2 early, but I have no idea what I'd be paying...If I have to drop another $200, I'll just wait...I got my curve just before the price drop and paid $100 more, with rebate, than people did two weeks later.
    11-17-08 10:15 AM
    Is there a difference between upgrading my contract and getting a storm from a corporate Verizon store or a Best Buy?
    11-17-08 10:18 AM
    i am trying to figure out at what price i would be eligible to purchase the blackberry storm for- with two year agreement. I am not eligible for the new every two discount until the spring but the website on other phones shows i am eligible for an annual discount but the prices are the same as with the ne2 discount. I am a verizon vip customer and am starting to think that the vip discount is the ne2 only every year. Am i right about this? Thanks.
    11-17-08 10:57 AM
    Yeah, I got my "Pre-Holiday Sale" postcard saying I could get the phone with my NE2 early, but I have no idea what I'd be paying...If I have to drop another $200, I'll just wait...I got my curve just before the price drop and paid $100 more, with rebate, than people did two weeks later.
    With a two-year extension, $249 with $50 mail-in. Not as swaying as I had hoped it would be. I'll just keep my Curve for now, I'm happy with it...Now if it had been $149 with a $50 rebate, then maybe.
    11-17-08 12:55 PM
    Does verizon offer a all blackberry family share plan? I have three lines and they are all going to be blackberry's, do I have to pay the $30 for each line?

Yes you need a BIS $29.99 plan for each blackberry.
    11-17-08 05:55 PM
    Yes you need a BIS $29.99 plan for each blackberry.
    $29.99 per line. No family share for data.

Also as of Nov 14th all PDA/Smartphones that activated will require data plans. this should get a nice up roar.
    11-17-08 06:02 PM
    $29.99 per line. No family share for data.

Also as of Nov 14th all PDA/Smartphones that activated will require data plans. this should get a nice up roar.
    only devices LAUNCHED after nov 14th will require data.

Devices released prior to Nov 14th can still pay as you go.
    11-17-08 09:40 PM
    I stand corrected. Do not get much time to digest emails at times.
    11-17-08 09:55 PM
    lol, the one time i'm right...

have you tried to fru anything with the acss enhancements? They took a 3 step process and made it like 11.
    11-17-08 11:11 PM
    Hello,

I have been trying to get an answer before visiting a verizon store...

If I cancel my contract....

then on the same day purchase the storm ....

Can I keep my mobile number. ?

Can I receive the bonus pricing if a commit to a new contract ...

the reason why I ask is because I have an upgrade in April (new every 2) ., but since I have a Treo -- I don't even know if the upgrade is an option..

What is the best solution.....

I am sure there are a ton of us here at CB with same scenario

So , here is the question, "If I pay the early termination fee, can I then get the promo 2-year agreement price of the storm"

and if so "when" ?

Anyone have this information that would be great...

thanks

**** If there is any other viable solution for people like me that have a treo/Smartphone and want to buy the storm / but dont have the new every 2 until April/ please let us know !!!!!!!!!!!!!!**************

What are all the options / ?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!
    11-18-08 02:07 PM
    What I want to know is, if I buy a Storm, without a contract from Verizon, can I use any sim, without some type of unlocking method, like on normal GSM phones?
    11-18-08 02:11 PM
    Here is what I want to do, but I am not sure if it can be done and get new/renewal contract pricing for both phones and keep our phone numbers the same:

I want the Storm. My husband wants the EnV2. We have a family share plan on Verizon with voice, but no data now. We are both out of contract and my line is eligible for NE2. BUT, I want to use the NE2 on his line, since my blackberry will be fully reimburseable through work. I was thinking - go in and upgrade my Razr to the EnV2 using the NE2. Then upgrade his phone to the Storm. Then, reassign the numbers, so we have our old numbers back.

Possible problem I see - I will need to purchase blackberry data plan on Storm, which would end up on his line. If we re-assign the numbers, will the blackberry plan be left on his phone and not my Storm? BUT, if I purchase the Storm on my line, I will not be eligible for renewal pricing, since I just used my NE2 to get his EnV2?

How can I make this work? Thanks!!!

(Also - one follow up question: is it possible to upgrade my husband's phone at a corporate store to use the NE2 and upgrade my phone at Costco and still get the renewal pricing on both lines?)
    Last edited by KAMP; 11-18-08 at 02:51 PM.
    11-18-08 02:28 PM
    Do your ordering when all is said and done and the phones are placed on the right accounts all will be well

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-08 03:15 PM
    Hi all,

I'm going to upgrade my Curve for the Storm on Friday. Of course, I have the charging USB cable that came with the Curve. In addition, I have purchased a car charger and a USB cable hookup for my desktop computer in order to synch my Curve with the Desktop Manager.

My understanding is that the Storm will have a different USB connection [ I think it's called Micro USB as opposed to the Mini USB which the Curve uses].

Is this correct? If so, I will need to replace my desktop and car charger cables with new Mini USB cables.

Also, I use the Blackberry leather holster [with the magnet for sleeping mode] for my my Curve. Do you know if the Storm will fit as the dimensions are very close?

Thanks as always for your help!

Mitch
    11-18-08 03:35 PM
    Yes you will need new cables and charger. Storm is a bit different in size. May not fit The case. You will need to check it out when you get it

Last edited by lastraid; 11-18-08 at 05:25 PM.
    11-18-08 03:54 PM
    The storm has a mico usb charger not the mini usb charger found on the pearl or curve ect.

11-18-08 04:34 PM
    Couple of quick questions.

I signed a 1 year contract 2 years ago and then extended it to another 1 year contract last year which ran up this past week. I am eligible to start a new contract for a Storm with the promotional pricing

1. Do you not receive any kind of discount similar to the NE2 when you resign on another 1 year contract??

2. Do you think there is anyway to get the NE2 discount under my circumstance with 2 continuous 1 year contracts??

3. If I sign a 2 year contract to get the 249-49 mir for the Storm...would I have any hope of upgrading the phone a year from now or getting half of the NE2 discount say a year from now??

I've tried to search the forums, but couldn't find anything similar to my situation. Thanks in advance.
    11-18-08 06:05 PM
    I know that the Storm comes with the USB charging cables. Does it also come with the cable that you need to connect to the computer for the Desktop Manager?

If not, are these USB type cables readily available? I will also be looking for a car charger cable as my Curve cables will not work.

Thanks,

Mitch
    11-18-08 06:13 PM
    Yes the device come with all cables except a car charger
    11-18-08 06:52 PM
    I plan to upgrade to the Storm friday. My question is: will it cost to have the visual voicemail on the Storm
    11-18-08 08:02 PM
    I am a current VZW customer with a Voyager.

2 questions :

Will I be able to transfer my contacts from the Voyager to the Storm?

If so, how do I do it?
    11-18-08 08:17 PM
5,111 ... 2021222324 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD